PDA

View Full Version : The Sorcerer's League

electabuzz24
23rd February 2005, 05:55 PM
Hey everyone. I'm sure most of you don't remember me, but I used to post at TPM a long time ago. Well, as you can see, I'm back, and I've got a new fic called The Sorcerer's League. Most of you might not know exactly what this fic is about yet after you read the prologue, but you'll know more about it in chapter one. Just let me know what you all think and let me know if I should continue writing this or not. :)

========================

The Sorcerer’s League
~ Prologue ~

Owen, Gina, Robbie, Tyson. Four kids. One goal. This is their story. The Sorcerer’s League.

========================

An eruption of cheers and applause came from the audience. The rock band known as the Werewolves took a bow. As drummer Rick and guitarist Vince left the stage, vocalist and band leader Owen grabbed the microphone.

“Thank you, Coralgate City! You’ve been an excellent audience!”

The crowd broke into cheers yet again. Owen kissed his finger, then used it to point to the hundreds of people before him. With that, he jogged off the stage.

“Well, boys, great performance as usual,” he told his fellow band members backstage. The three rockers gave each other their usual group handshake, and then started to put their equipment away to call it a night.

The Werewolves were without a doubt the most popular band in the Aelian region at the time. Right now they were going on tour, performing in each of the eleven cities. Coralgate was their tenth stop, and Sunfield Town would be their last.

After they had gotten all packed up, the three Werewolves made their way to their tour bus, signing autographs for wild fans on the way. Once inside, they drove off right away to prevent the screaming fans from breaking into the bus.

The band took turns driving the bus, and tonight would have been Owen’s turn to drive, but he was too exhausted, so Rick took over for him. Owen locked himself in his private bedroom and collapsed onto his bed, ready to fall asleep right then and there.

“Rat-rat!”

Owen’s Raticate woke him up from his five-second nap. The large rat Pokemon pounced onto his owner, licking his cheek.

“Not now, dude. I’m dead tired,” Owen grumbled drowsily.

Just then, the lights in the bedroom went out, and Owen could hear Raticate’s loud screech.

“Raticate? Raticate, where are you?!” he cried out.

The lights turned back on a few seconds later, but Raticate was nowhere to be found.

“Raticate!!” yelled Owen.

Before he knew it, he felt a solid steel object whack him on the head, and he toppled onto the floor, knocked out cold.

========================

The sun was shining brightly on the shores of Sandcave City. Gina Dashwood and her beloved Bellossom were relaxing on the hot sand. It was by far the hottest day of the year, and both Gina and Bellossom wanted to make sure that they were outdoors until the sun went down. Gina’s little sister, Maggie, ran up to her, leaving tiny footprints in the sand as she did so.

“What is it, Maggie?” said Gina, adjusting the beautiful pink flower that sat in her hair.

“Come play in the water with me!” the little girl said, giggling cheerily.

Gina couldn’t help but grin at her sister’s giddiness. “Okay, okay. But just for a little while.”

“Bella, bell?” said Bellossom as Gina started to walk away.

“Oh no, you don’t have to come, Bellossom. Just wait there. I’ll be back in a few minutes.”

Gina and Maggie splashed around in the clear blue waters, when suddenly a giant black cloud appeared seemingly out of nowhere, covering up the bright sun and casting a dark shadow over the beach.

“Yikes, it looks like it’s gonna storm pretty soon. C’mon, Mag, we better get going.”

“Awww,” Maggie moaned sadly.

Gina grasped Maggie’s hand, and the two sisters returned to where Bellossom was waiting.

“Oh my gosh,” whispered Gina when she discovered that Bellossom was missing. “Maggie, you go home, okay? I’ll be there in a little bit.”

“Mm’kay,” the toddler replied, scurrying across the sand to the Dashwoods’ house.

“Bellossom! Where are you?” Gina called as crowds of people began to leave the beach. She searched high and low for her Pokemon, but couldn’t find her anywhere. Gina turned around, and standing before her was a dark, mysterious figure wearing a black cloak and holding a steel rod. That was the last thing she saw before being knocked unconscious.

========================

The bell rang throughout the Grasspeak School, and the hundreds of students immediately poured into the corridors. Robbie Wilson collected his books, and, being the “teacher’s pet” that he was, gave a cheerful goodbye to his algebra teacher before leaving the classroom.

As soon as he entered the hallway, a group of bullies pushed him around; so hard, in fact, that he fell to the floor and got trampled by the stampede of students. This wasn’t an uncommon event for Robbie. He was the “nerd” that everyone loved to pick on and beat up on.

Robbie tried to find his books among the sea of tramping feet, but was unsuccessful until the halls started to clear up. By that time, however, he was late for his next class.

At the end of the day, Robbie met up with his only friend, Espeon, who was waiting for him on the sidewalk. Pokemon were not allowed on school grounds, so Robbie was forced to attend school with no one to talk to.

“I was late for geography again, Espeon,” Robbie sighed as he walked home, Espeon trotting beside him. “I hate this town. I hate the people in this town. I want to have real friends.”

“Esp!” wailed Espeon.

“No offense, Espeon. I just want some human friends for a change. I’ve never had that. Never. You and mom are the only ones I’ve got right now.”

Just then, Robbie spotted a page of the newspaper lying on the ground. The headline read “SORCERERS STRIKE AGAIN”.

“Sorcerers?” said Robbie, picking the paper up. Before he could continue reading, he was suddenly hit over the head, causing him to fall to the pavement, unconscious.

========================

Music was blasting in the Fogport City club. Tonight was disco night, and Tyson Davis was the star of the dance floor in his platform shoes and afro wig. He imitated John Travolta from Saturday Night Fever, which everyone in the club got a kick out of. Tyson was the obvious comedian of Fogport City; it was very easy for him to make people laugh.

Once the song was over, Tyson decided it was time to head home. He had already been dancing for nearly three hours, and he had to wake up early for an important job interview the next morning. He said goodbye to all his dance buddies, and left the club. On his way home, his lovely girlfriend Jacqui came running up to him.

“Tyson!” she shouted, panting.

“Hey, Jacqui! What’re you doing here?”

“Tyson,” she gasped, “Rhydon’s missing.”

“What?”

“I just stopped by at your house to see if you were home yet, and it was totally deserted. I couldn’t find Rhydon anywhere.”

“Oh my god,” Tyson said, sounding worried. He broke into a sprint, and Jacqui followed him.

“Be careful, Ty!” she shouted from behind him. “I’ve been hearing on the news lately that there’s a group of sorcerers going around kidnapping people and their Pokemon!”

Tyson stopped dead in his tracks and turned around.

“Sorcerers? You mean, like magicians?”

“Yeah. It seems too crazy to believe, but all the news stations are saying that three people have already been kidnapped. They were interviewing witnesses that saw the whole thing happen.”

Tyson paused, but then shook his head. “I don’t believe it. There’s no such thing as magic.”

“Think again,” a deep, demonic-sounding voice rumbled from behind Tyson. Jacqui screamed, and in less than a second, Tyson was knocked out cold.

========================

These four people are the chosen ones. They have been taken to an unknown region. A region where they must work together to solve the mystery of the Sorcerers. A region where they must face the challenges of the Sorcerer’s League.

Chris 2.1
24th February 2005, 04:29 PM
It seems ok, but needed work. It didn't work too well because everyone got clobbered with iron rods, so after Gina's story (or during it, even) we knew what the rest of the 'gang' would have happen to them.

If you differ it slightly, you're grabbing our attention, and we want to read more. As of now, I'm only mildly curious what this is all about. It could be another TR thing, which is boring, but if it isn't (I'm assuming this), then you need to tell me that - give away signs that really make me think, or make me wonder and want more. So far, I'm not really bothered. Make sure I am, and try to entice me. Give me snippets of information - enough to hook me, but not enough to give everything away.

Looking good though, keep it up.

PancaKe
25th February 2005, 01:19 AM
Clobbering everybody over the head with an iron pole or whater is a bit cliche, but its amusing at the same time ^_^. *lame sense of humor* Lots of cliche stuff working here, but you needed an introduction to the story. Sometimes if I cant think up of something original, I will just skip it and make the characters talk about it and go "i dont know what happened but its some weird stuff..."

^_^