PDA

View Full Version : Breeding Question

Midnight Moonlight
24th February 2005, 05:05 PM
I need some help with my Fire Red game. I've been trying to get my male Vaporeon and a few different Ditto to mate and make an Eevee egg, but every time I get a "they don't seem to like each other much" message. If this message comes up, does this mean that my Vaporeon cannot mate with a Ditto, period, or is it just those individual Ditto? I'd hate to go and waste time catching more Ditto if my efforts will be fruitless. I'd appreiciate it if someone could clear this up for me. =)

andyizcool
24th February 2005, 05:12 PM
That message has just been translated wrong. Your Pokemon will breed if you give them some more time so go walk around some more. They won't breed only if you get the message, "They prefer to play with other Pokemon".

Midnight Moonlight
24th February 2005, 05:14 PM
Ah, thanks, that helps me a lot. It's nice to know that I don't have to give up my hopes of a baby Eevee...and that I don't have to catch another freakin' Ditto. ^_^

Number1ChanseyFan
24th February 2005, 09:01 PM
Yes, like Andy said, they will still breed with each other, it will just take a little bit longer to get an egg when you get that message, as opposed to getting a message that says that the Pokémon are friendly or like each other. Pokémon will breed a little faster if they have different trainers. (Basically, what I mean is that if you breed two Pokémon where one was caught by you in your game, and the other was traded to you, either from another version or through an in-game trade, then you will get an egg faster then you would by breeding two Pokémon that have the same original trainers.) In all reality though, the difference really isn't that huge. No matter what, sometimes it seems like it takes forever to get an egg, and sometimes you will get an egg in a couple of minutes.