PDA

View Full Version : Cool Idea for new Pokemon game ...

PokePaul
24th February 2005, 08:16 PM
I was thinking about the new games coming and thought a good idea would be to have special Pokeballs like they did in GSC but this time they actually have effects in battle rather than just what/how they capture wild Pokemon :idea:

I was really bored (and am obviously quite sad...) and came up with a few ones myself, lol.

SONIC BALL : Ultra fast and means that the Pokemon in it doesn't miss a turn when it's brought out into battle during a switch.

FOG BALL : Expels smoke when releasing the Pokemon in it which blinds the opponent, lowering its accuracy (like a Smokescreen attack).

MEDIC BALL : Gradually replenishes HP to Pokemon contained inside.

WEATHER BALL : Changes the weather according to the Pokemon's type inside.

STEROID BALL : Pokemon inside gains a few Exp.Points while walking around.

Well, those are just a few ideas I thought I'd bounce around. I just thought it'd be a pretty original new feature for the new games.

PokePaul
24th February 2005, 09:07 PM
Also ...

DUO BALL : (This one is a bit farfetched, but could be impossibly rare like the Master Ball i.e - only one) Allows two Pokemon to be contained inside, meaning you could now have 7 Pokemon in a team.

IAmCharlyBrown
25th February 2005, 12:33 AM
I agree. DUO BALL. A little farfetched. But the others are neat ideas.

I think the weather ball would be hard to accomplish too. There's just no way to make weather which would be compatible to every different type. I mean, what kind of weather would there be for a Steel type, or a Bug type, or a Psychic type. Just doesn't make sense to me

Poryhedron
25th February 2005, 09:55 PM
Steel: a move that fills the air with iron shavings. Ups Steel attacks, gives all Electric attacks recoil, does something funky to Thunder's accuracy.
Bug: summons a plague. This one's a damage-every-turn one, plus there's a chance of PSN if you're not Poison or Steel. Bugs aren't immune because some bugs do prey on other bugs.
Psychic: uh...hrm, come to think of it, not even the Pokémon Factory has a Psychic-type field-affecting move. Shame.

phaedrus
25th February 2005, 10:49 PM
an item called Tenacious Lee that gives +100000000 to speed in exchange for -1 in attack.

yes it deserves to be that ripped.