PDA

View Full Version : Old game music help

Zak
27th February 2005, 04:31 PM
Alright, you know the old Apogee/ID PC games, where the music was on soundblaster system and stuff? Well... here's the story.

I used to be into them, and I was listening to some tracks of their awesome music from them the other day. But now here's the thing. I was interested in playing them on my current PC, and I was able to and all, but wasn't able to get the sound or music to work (I use ME btw). My dad's friend at work, who's apparently a PC game expert, said that soundblaster is apparently really old, and wont work on newer systems (that might have not been precisely what was said, but something along those lines). I'm able to play them fine with sound on the old computer in my basement, but I was wondering if there was any possible way to play them with sound on this system, like with conversion and whatnot, or through some option I'm unaware of?

Don't mind if this is a silly question, and I should probably trust them, but I remember finding out something similar about playing old things with new systems here, that other people told me was impossible... so maybe. :)

~Zak