PDA

View Full Version : Making the website forget...

Razola
28th February 2005, 03:01 AM
City of Heroes ( http://www.cityofheroes.com ) has a wonderfully retarded system where, if your account to the game is deactivated, you are forbidden from not only posting on the forum, but just LOOKING at them. Basically, it treats me as if I was banned.

I canceled my subscription a few months ago to get to know World of Warcraft a bit better, and now there's a new content patch comin down the pipe that my get me back on. Of course, I would like details and more in-depth info that can be garnered from the forums. The problem is apparent.

It is my belief the problem lies in my cookies. I, however, have no desire to clear all of my precious cookies (apparently Star Wars named theirs the Wookie Cookie) and tried picking all of the CoH ones. No go.

So you techno wizards must have the answer to my intarweb question. Right now I have to log on IE to view the forums, which is annoying (not to mention I hate IE).

Help a brotha out.

The Muffin Man
28th February 2005, 09:14 AM
Short of cleaning out your cookies, nothing would work. Did you register it online? If so, uninstalling it MIGHT help...

Never had this problem before, hope the above helps...

kainashi
28th February 2005, 09:53 AM
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Cookies

delete the cookies associated with city of heroes ?_?

phaedrus
28th February 2005, 03:33 PM
C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Cookies

delete the cookies associated with city of heroes ?_?
what i was thinking.

youdontknowme
28th February 2005, 07:46 PM
Personally, I think it all lies within their database. Have you tried looking at the forums with a different browser and/or computer? If it still doesn't work, then it definitely isn't a cookie problem.

If it isn't a cookie problem, then you'd probably have to email them about it. :|

firepokemon
1st March 2005, 02:35 PM
Just use a proxy server. Its how I managed to post at tpm all those times I was banned.