PDA

View Full Version : Which Pokemon have the best voices?

Gengar1
1st March 2003, 06:24 PM
To me, Magneton and Squirtle sound cool, there are likley others I cant think of now.

Pidgeot018
1st March 2003, 06:40 PM
I saw the title of this thread and thought "Magneton."

I also really like Caterpie, Jigglypuff, Unown, Drowzee, and Mantine's voices.

Hanada Tattsu
1st March 2003, 06:54 PM
I like Caterpie and Butterfree's voices. It's a funny thing since the voices for those two characters were from the original Japanese version.

Some other favorites are Jigglypuff, Magneton (yeah!), Horsea (of course!) Lapras, Wobuffet (the Japanese voice, it means "So it is" in Japanese), and last but not least Chikorita.

Some of the voices are really good, but some are really bad, such as the dubbed Bayleef that belonged to Casey. *shudders*

Zeke
1st March 2003, 09:20 PM
i like pikachu totodiles bayleaf and cyndaquils voice

The_Missing_Link
1st March 2003, 09:32 PM
For some odd reason, I like hearing Staryu's voice (if it's ever in an episode)

I also like Magneton, Diglett, Raichu, Sandslash and Umbreon's voices

PAK Man
2nd March 2003, 01:47 PM
My favorite Pokemon voices are:

Magnemite
Magneton
Voltorb
Electrode
Diglett (old voice from Dig Those Diglett)
Heracross
Staryu
Starmie
Chikorita (Ash's)
Lugia
Delibird
Xatu
Steelix

If I think of any more, I'll post them.

GoldenDragonite
2nd March 2003, 04:39 PM
My favorite would have to be dragonite. It kind of howls and barks with a "bur" sound.. its so cute :)

Too Cool Scyther
2nd March 2003, 05:44 PM
They are all equally good. I like Pikachu's voice the best because with so little to say, the expression of the voice really says it all :)

Light_Togetic
2nd March 2003, 05:58 PM
I like any pokemon voice that is the original Japanese voice. But, for the dubbed version, (and I realize that some of these are still their Japanese voices), I especially like Pikachu, Raichu, Togepi, Chikorita, Bayleef, Totodile, Caterpie, Butterfree, Dragonair, Dragonite, Psyduck, Azumarill, Elekid, Heracross, Delibird, Lapras, Poliwag, Sneasel, Charizard, Wobbuffet (both Japanese and dub), Noctowl, both Nidorans, and Celebi.

I think I like more, but I just can't think of them right now.;)

Osiris
2nd March 2003, 06:14 PM
The Ones I Like Are:

º Noctowl
º Chikorita
º Bayleef
º Togepi
º Corsola

That's All! :P

347Studboy
5th March 2003, 08:29 PM
I liked...

Charizard, Butterfree, Heracross... a lot of voices were done really well. Of course, my favorite was Mewtwo's. That echo effect was awesome! It sounded best in the theater though, almost as if you were actually hearing it from your own head!

Subzero Morgan
7th March 2003, 02:56 PM
I really love Lickitung's anime voice, it's a pity they couldn't have given it something similar on Stadium, instead of that rather bizarre croak/roar cry. Chikorita and Pikachu are great, because they're so super-cute and annoying.

The best voice overall has to be Arbok. Anyone who tells you they haven't tried to imitate the purple snake saying "Chaaabok!" is lying.

AKA Pokemon Fan
7th March 2003, 07:33 PM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
Some of the voices are really good, but some are really bad, such as the dubbed Bayleef that belonged to Casey. *shudders*
I heard this Mew knows how many times back when the episode first aired, but it seems not everyone knows the truth. That Bayleef voice was NOT a dub. It was like that in the original, many people who have seen episode in Japanese have said so. It's just like how Sparky has a different voice than Ash's Pikachu. Some people think Casey's Bayleef sounded like that because it is a male, not a female like Ash's. Others think it was because it absorbed the headband into it's brain when it evolved.:D

Some of my favorite voices include: Pikachu (cute), Corsola dub (cute), Charizard (fierce), Bulbasaur (personality), Lugia (speaking voice is cool, Pokemon voice is magnifient), Mewtwo, Mew, Entei (both Pokemon and english voices), Unown, Nidoking (fierce), Bayleef and Chicorita (Ash's), Pidgeoto/Pidgeot, the Nidorans, Kingler, Heracross etc.

Totodilemew
8th March 2003, 08:00 AM
I like a lot of voices...where to begin....

Celebi(Listen to it! Who could resist this little voice?
Lugia(Both Japanese and English cries)
Mew(It's in the same boat as Celebi)
Ash's Chikorita/ Bayleef( It sounds way better than Casey's)
Charizard(Both dub and Japanese voices sound the same to me)
Pichu/Pikachu
Totodile(Both Japanese and American cries are great)
Arbok
Tyranitar
Sneasel(Both Japanese and American)
Staryu(It sounds great! I like that 'Hiyaa!" sound!)
Lapras
Cyndaquil(Both Japanese and American...they sound alike...)

There are more....I just gotta think of them....

Hanada Tattsu
8th March 2003, 09:04 AM
Thank you for correcting my mistake, AKA Pokemon Fan.

Anyway, I'd have to say some other favorites of mine would be Arbok, Weezing, and Victreebell.

I can imitate their voices pretty well. :)

Totodilemew
8th March 2003, 10:34 AM
I forgot some great ones, they're some of my favorites.

Dogasu(Listen to it in Pokémon Ondo, the 4th Japanese ending)
Matadogasu(it sounds so weird, like its in pain or something..)
Ekans(Chaaa~)
TR Nyasu( I love Nyasu no Uta...its the best song!!!)

AKA Pokemon Fan
8th March 2003, 03:03 PM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
Anyway, I'd have to say some other favorites of mine would be Arbok, Weezing, and Victreebell.

I can imitate their voices pretty well. :)
:o That's frightening:o

And yes, Celebi has to be one of my most favorites!!! Just listen to it's cry as it eats the berry's and feel your heart, then mind, then body, melt into goo...:yes:

Pokemon Neo
8th March 2003, 08:49 PM
I LOVE Lugia's voice.Everytime I see the 2nd movie I have the volume on my TV and stereo turned up really loud.The sound is just captivating.Especially in that scene where Lugia charges up his Hyper Beam to destroy the force field.Man,that has to be one of the greatest scenes in Anime history.:D

But anyway,here are a couple of my other favorites:
-Charizard
-Onix
-Steelix
-Arbok
-Lickitung
-Wobbuffet
-Dragonite
-Gengar
-Suicune
-Nidoran(M/F) (those voices are sickingly cute XD)
-Snorlax
-Rhydon
-Aerodactyl(the old voice)
-Chansey
-Blastoise
-Venusaur
-Gyarados
-Articuno
-Zapdos
-Moltres
-and Mewtwo of course.

Also,I think 4Kids should change/change back some voices of certain Pokemon.I remember someone making a reference to pre-historic Pokemon in one episode and Aerodactyl showed up with a different voice.I think it sounds like an actual dinosaur now but I liked how he growled his own name.And they should REALLY consider changing Pupitar's voice.It basically sounds like Brock/James yelling out,"Pupitar!"

GSAce789
9th March 2003, 02:14 PM
Kind of hard to narrow 'em down, but I must say I like the ones that sound more like real animal sounds than them saying their names. But my fave voice is definitely Mewtwo. As someone mentioned before, the echo effect, like he's really telepathically talking in your head and everything, is extremely phat-tacular.