PDA

View Full Version : Bitorrent?

Leo
3rd March 2005, 04:23 AM
is bitorrent good?
coz i heard ppl can download your files from your specified folder..
it seem like kazaa..
is it safe and good?

fat man with a monkey
3rd March 2005, 08:35 AM
I'd let you know that I was just thinking that you never posted this. Best person to ask would be the Prime Minister. He tends to be abreast of the current developments. I'm like the ****ing riddler BTW- topics about P2P stuff are NOT allowed. And sorry about the girly font in this post, wanted to get the message across that the RIAA is not something to be trifled with.

Leo
3rd March 2005, 09:20 AM
erm..
mi post follow all the rules..
and there is no rules on TBD to state that P2P software can't be said..
it is just that we can't request it..
and from what i know bitorren is not a P2P software

Lezta
3rd March 2005, 09:24 AM
no.

*shrugs*

And it is p2p. I'd explain but I'm supposed to be writing an essay.

P.S. Get Azureus. Google.

kainashi
3rd March 2005, 09:51 AM
99% of the time it's used for illegal purposes, though.

i don't want to see anymore links to torrent sites. :mad:

Dark Scizor
3rd March 2005, 11:02 AM
I'd let you know that I was just thinking that you never posted this. Best person to ask would be the Prime Minister. He tends to be abreast of the current developments. I'm like the ****ing riddler BTW- topics about P2P stuff are NOT allowed. And sorry about the girly font in this post, wanted to get the message across that the RIAA is not something to be trifled with.

Leo, read the message again, this time know that there is something in bold for a reason. That's if you haven't noticed it already.

Chris
3rd March 2005, 12:16 PM
is bitorrent good?

Yes. But it's called BitTorrent.

coz i heard ppl can download your files from your specified folder..

No. Read the protocol specification (http://bittorrent.com/protocol.html).

it seem like kazaa..

No. To use BitTorrent you actually need to upload, rather than leech like the freeloading shitstains that ruined KaZaA used to. If you're planning on downloading something without giving back the same amount of data to other people, don't bother with BT. Go back to KaZaA.

is it safe

No. The MPAA is all over it at the moment, and will be for some time.

and good?

If you're not retarded and use it correctly, it's the best P2P protocol around. Abuse it, however, and you'll wake up one morning without an Internet connection because your ISP will have cut you off for misuse. :)

The Muffin Man
3rd March 2005, 12:23 PM
No. The MPAA is all over it at the moment, and will be for some time.

Many sites use Bittorrent as a legal way of getting huge downloads done faster for slower connections, so I doubt they'll have much luck.

Chris
3rd March 2005, 12:36 PM
Many sites use Bittorrent as a legal way of getting huge downloads done faster for slower connections, so I doubt they'll have much luck.

Yeah, but it doesn't mean they won't try to shut it down, like they comically did with KaZaA. :)