PDA

View Full Version : Question On EV Training

Ellis_D._Trails
5th March 2005, 12:37 AM
Hello all, I need a quick answer.

I need to EV train a low level Pokemon, however I was thinking about making the process much easier by using Exp Share, that way one of my higher leveled Pokes could take on the Pokemon with the desired EV points. Does this work? Are the points split up between the two Pokemon (the one battling and the one attached with EXP Share) or does it not work at all? Thanks

Animelee
5th March 2005, 12:51 AM
This works, but they're not split up, each of them get the same amount. So, for example:

You're using a Huntail to fight a wild Zangoose for 2 Attack EPs, and you have a Roselia that's holding the Exp. Share. Both your Huntail and Roselia will each get 2 Attack EPs.

If your Huntail is holding a Macho Brace, both of you get 4 Attack EPs each.

With PokéRus and Macho Brace, you'd get 8 Attack EPs each, but both Pokémon would need to have the PokéRus for them each to get 8. If just Roselia had the PokéRus, then only she would get 8 Attack EPs, while Huntail would only get 4, and vice-versa.

...Of course, who'd want to EV train a Huntail's Attack stat? :nod:

Gagome
5th March 2005, 05:16 AM

If your Huntail is holding a Macho Brace, both of you get 4 Attack EPs each.
Sorry, but this is not true. Only the Pokemon holding a Macho Brace will get 4 EPs (double EPs). The Pokemon holding Experience Share will only get the normal EPs, in this case 2 EPs.

I have verified this.

Animelee
5th March 2005, 10:13 PM
Really? I'll e-mail Meowth, then.

rinku
6th March 2005, 04:41 PM
You can use the Macho Brace and Pokérus with a weak pokémon, you just have to lead with it than switch to your strong one. This also has the advantage of giving 75% of the exp to the weak one as well as the x4 effort.

(However, it's probably quicker to simply lead with the strong one and sweep).