PDA

View Full Version : Next JPM Promo

SWAMPERT1
6th March 2005, 10:11 PM
Promo (http://dmcomet.vzz.net/news/37.htm)
Thanx DMC^
----
I rather like this card. I think once this thing comes out there will be a few more dragon decks running around. Anyways, I am REALLY tired and need to go. Smell Ya Later ;)

jesschow12
6th March 2005, 10:44 PM
.... old news

i would like to see this card with colors....

Last Exile
6th March 2005, 11:24 PM
How many Counter Traps do I run?

Zero.

This card scares me not. What's the big fuss?

The Muffin Man
7th March 2005, 12:17 AM
How many Counter Traps do I run?

Zero.

This card scares me not. What's the big fuss?

blahblah...OPPONENT

Yeah, your 0 counter traps really makes this card useless. Because you know. Your counter traps matter.

Dark-San
7th March 2005, 05:14 AM
It is really not worth playing since most of your deck will need to have lots of traps in order to play this card. (Note that most counter cards are actually traps) So a mere Shocker would proberly tear this deck apart!

Nace
7th March 2005, 05:18 AM
Yeah, your 0 counter traps really makes this card useless. Because you know. Your counter traps matter.

It says when a card your opponent ACTIVATES is negated by A counter trap!

READ THE CARD, PEOPLE! As long as your opponent's cards are negated by counter traps it works!

Ergo, counter trap heavy decks love this.

Dark-San
7th March 2005, 05:59 AM
Make a list of counter trap that is so far out,

Magic Drain, Magic Jammer, Curse Magic Sealing, 7 Tools of the Bandit, Counter Trap, Heavenly Punishment, Solmen's Judgement, Horn of Heaven.

Did I missed any out?

Dudes if we are to play counter traps, the only cards worth playing from that list is basically Magic Drain, Magic Jammer and Heavenly Punishment. If you are one of those hardcore players, Solmen's Judgement might be a better choice. Either way, a pure counter trap deck is impossible with cards like Shocker.

Nace
7th March 2005, 06:19 AM
Pfft, solemn judgment and horn of heaven both kill jinzo. You just have to be more creative.

Dark-San
7th March 2005, 07:42 AM
I'm only stating an example. Either way, if Shocker is out 1st, both Solmen's Judgement and Horn of Heaven would be useless and vice versa. In practical, it is impossible to build a fully counter deck.

The Muffin Man
7th March 2005, 09:17 AM
I'm only stating an example. Either way, if Shocker is out 1st, both Solmen's Judgement and Horn of Heaven would be useless and vice versa. In practical, it is impossible to build a fully counter deck.

You play the same deck, how the hell would you even know if there ARE other working deck-types?

Last Exile
7th March 2005, 06:05 PM
None of the above mentioned COunter Traps are applicable and beneficial enough to be regularly using. So the card isn't worthwhile.

End of story.

Perfect Chaos
7th March 2005, 07:26 PM
BTW, SWAMP, the second link to another pic doesn't work since most of us probably don't have a Yahoo! Japan account. Just felt like I should point that out.

-$?@?

Nace
7th March 2005, 08:39 PM

So maybe you could put (for your traps):

[2-3] Solemn Judgment/Horn of Heaven
[1-2] Magic Drain/7 Tools/Divine Wrath
[0-1] Ring of Destruction
[1] Torrential Tribute
[1] Call of the Haunted
[1] Mirror Force

That's 7-8 traps, which is a viable number even with Jinzo about. More and more people are leaving Jinzo out of their decks these days anyway, at least in my meta. It's not like 1 card in their deck completely kills all strategy.

Hell, why not use abyssal designator or the dark designator/d.d. designator combo to get the thing out of your hair before it hits the field anyway? It's not hard. Either that or book of moon it. That leaves it open to nobleman or solemn (if they flip summon it), not to mention all the other ways to take down a def mode jinzo, d.d. crazy beast anyone?

Like I said, be creative. This card is an awesome creature and should be treated as such.

Last Exile
7th March 2005, 08:49 PM
Structuring a deck around Counter Traps gets messy though. By your suggestion Nace, the chance of pulling a COunter Trap is 1/8 for each card. Then couple that with the chances of having that Dragon in your hand (1/20). I don't like those odds.

Nace
7th March 2005, 09:19 PM
Jeez, cat of ill omen and/or reload solve both those problems. Not to mention the dragon doesn't require the traps to be summoned. It's not like you always need to summon it with its effect. I can imagine this guy working well in a strike ninja deck actually.

Last Exile
7th March 2005, 09:32 PM
If you're talking about the Strike Ninja - D.D. Scout combo, I don't think so. Painful Choice is banned from April 1 and D. D. Warrior Lady goes down to 1 then too. You'd need Strike Ninja - Dimension Fusion to get that.

Reading the card's effect, you do need to summon it via the counter trap thing in order to get those secondary effects to work.

The Muffin Man
7th March 2005, 10:04 PM
Structuring a deck around Counter Traps gets messy though. By your suggestion Nace, the chance of pulling a COunter Trap is 1/8 for each card. Then couple that with the chances of having that Dragon in your hand (1/20). I don't like those odds.

Yes. Because none of those cards have effects that are useful.

Horn of Heaven with Serpent, bam. No Jinzo. Or ANYTHING, really.

Last Exile
7th March 2005, 10:09 PM
You obviously forgot the bit about needing a mosnter on the field.

I'm not saying Horn of Heaven is completel crap. But it is VERY situational. Late game that card is a nightmare.

Nace
7th March 2005, 10:11 PM
If you're talking about the Strike Ninja - D.D. Scout combo, I don't think so. Painful Choice is banned from April 1 and D. D. Warrior Lady goes down to 1 then too. You'd need Strike Ninja - Dimension Fusion to get that.

Reading the card's effect, you do need to summon it via the counter trap thing in order to get those secondary effects to work.

I didn't say you didn't have to summon it through the counter trap effect. I said it can still BE summoned.

You really think painful being banned completely kills strike ninja? It just slows it down! Machine duplication and mystic tomatoes can search out the planes for you with ease. It's a little slower but it's not like strike ninja decks lose instantly if they don't draw painful choice. Come to think of it, we have graceful back and 2 upstart goblins which should add more than enough speed. Coupled with the aforementioned reload and some reinforcement of the army you have yourself a very speedy deck.

Not to mention you can dump and revive or remove and summon our big ol' dragony friend. Very possible with the help of the ninja.

In short, don't diss a card because it can't just fit into the current cookie cutter deck. It can, nay, WILL work fantasticly in its own deck and it's really sad that such an imaginative and highly playable card gets overlooked.

Last Exile
7th March 2005, 10:16 PM
Dude, I think it's a good deck theme. That guy who was the National Champion in Britain came 4th in the World Championships with that deck! It is very fast.

I still want to see it in action though. I never truly validate something until I've duelled against.

And another thing amte, we seriously need to meet up at some point to compare our duelling POVs and how good the two of us are. Say where and when and I'll see if I can make it.

Nace
7th March 2005, 10:43 PM
Where and when? I'll most likely be at one of those battlezone tournaments after April 1st. Although I'd like to complete my fiend deck beforehand.

Last Exile
7th March 2005, 10:57 PM
Fiends are good. I respect Fiends more than Zombies now.

After April 1, k. By then new bans are up and I'll have figured out the extra stuff to throw in. Changes I made recently have worked well so far. Just waiting for those damn D. D. Assailants to finally arrive.

The Muffin Man
7th March 2005, 11:27 PM
They seriously need to ban Chaos Soldier, though. Seriously, cycle in some new deck-types.

Last Exile
7th March 2005, 11:33 PM
I'm running a very unorthodox style Warrior/BLS deck, Mike. Trust me. The new bans have made me notice two old cards and two newer cards that deserve to be played regularly.

Nace
8th March 2005, 07:18 PM
Fiends are good. I respect Fiends more than Zombies now.

Out of curiousity, why the lack of respect for zombies?

Last Exile
9th March 2005, 01:53 AM
Zombies have completely weak Attack power and always will. I don't care what anyone says. My track experience is that my deck crucifies Zombie decks in 4 out of every 5 duels. Zombie decks are reliant on getting their Tribues out and beleive me! If you get a Tribute out against me, you're in real trouble! :)

Nace
9th March 2005, 02:17 AM
Zombies have completely weak Attack power and always will. I don't care what anyone says. My track experience is that my deck crucifies Zombie decks in 4 out of every 5 duels. Zombie decks are reliant on getting their Tribues out and beleive me! If you get a Tribute out against me, you're in real trouble! :)

Are these plain zombie decks? I find zombie/morph is astoundingly good. I'll have to post mine later. It's very offbeat with fusillier and DDV.

Last Exile
9th March 2005, 02:42 AM
One was Zombie/Warrior. I still creamed it. I'm still not convinced Zombie or Zombie morphs are strong enough. Warrior morphs and Fiend morphs, yes. Zombies, I see too many ways to stop them.

Dark-San
9th March 2005, 06:07 AM
Try dealing with 2 Vamp Lords coming out all at once lolz~ I doubt you will deal it with ease. I yet to deal with a fiend deck but from wat I analysed from my area is that Fiend/Chaos deck has become quite a popular deck. Might post a deck later on it!

Last Exile
10th March 2005, 11:23 PM
2 Vampire Lords...I went against them last week. Creamed them.

Fiends are a lot more deadly now. You have 1900s in Slate Warrior and Archfiend Soldier, damage negators in Kuriboh, heavy hitters in Dark Necrofear and Dark Ruler Ha Des and mega ressurection in Dimension Fusion. There is a LOT of power and positive effects there!

Nace
11th March 2005, 02:15 AM
I'll have to agree. My fiends win a lot more than my zombies do and I don't even own dimension fusion :sweat2:

If anyone out there is having trouble with zombies USE MIRROR WALL. It really, really messes vamp lord up.

Last Exile
11th March 2005, 02:26 AM
Exactly. Fiends have far more stability whereas the Zombies are completely reliant on Vampire Lord. There are enough cards to mess them up. You just need to look around a little.

I'm more wary of Dark Necrofear. Apparently if he's desroyed by Heavy Storm or MST once he's an Equip, he actually comes back the next turn. So you actually have to battle kill him or get him with a kickback effect.

Dark-San
12th March 2005, 10:26 AM
Got the card today. Bought it from a friend at cost price.

Last Exile
13th March 2005, 01:33 AM
Standard Fiend Decks run 2 or 3 Necrofears. He is the central monster, quite underrated. Some people arne't keen on Fiends because Painful Choice is banned and that cut a lot of speed, but they're still fast and powerful. Never underestimate them. Necrofear + Dimension Fusion will usualyy equal game over that turn if you're not careful.

Nace
13th March 2005, 03:43 AM
Standard Fiend Decks run 2 or 3 Necrofears. He is the central monster, quite underrated. Some people arne't keen on Fiends because Painful Choice is banned and that cut a lot of speed, but they're still fast and powerful. Never underestimate them. Necrofear + Dimension Fusion will usualyy equal game over that turn if you're not careful.

I only have the one necrofear and no dimension fusions so I go with a more morph/control theme with my fiends. Also, necrofear is clearly a "she" :P

Also, on the topic of the ruling you mentioned:

(From yugioh-card.com)
"If it is destroyed by your opponent’s "Harpie’s Feather Duster", "Dust Tornado", etc. while it is an Equip Spell Card, "Dark Necrofear" will return during the End Phase since it was destroyed by an opponent’s card effect."

It does indeed come back. Gotta love it.

Last Exile
14th March 2005, 01:28 AM
Apparently ALL the top players in Quennsland run Fiend decks now. Not sure what exact form but they are very Fiedish lately.

Nace
14th March 2005, 01:55 AM
Dammit, now my previously rogue deck is turning CC! Why can't fiends be awesome and still underplayed?!

Last Exile
14th March 2005, 02:21 AM
Because Zombies are the newly designated underplayed theme. ;)

Dark-San
14th March 2005, 10:16 PM
I'm still running Chaos, might turn to Fiend after my next nationals this Sunday. Just wondering one thing if Dark Necrofear gets battled and destroyed, we get to choose any creatures on your opponent's field and equiped Dark Necrofear to it right? Or we only get to choose the one that destroys it?

And also why does Dark Necrofear gets to return even if it is destroyed by Cyclone? I can't figure out Nace's explaination. So you dudes might wanna say in more details.

Nace
14th March 2005, 11:32 PM
I was quoting yugioh-card.com. Here's the full necrofear rulings:

DARK NECROFEAR

You only remove the 3 Fiend-Type monsters in your Graveyard from play when you Special Summon "Dark Necrofear" from your hand. If you successfully Special Summon it using this method, and then wish to use "Monster Reborn" to Special Summon it from the Graveyard, you do not have to remove 3 more Fiend-Type monsters from the Graveyard.

If "Banisher of Light" is on the field when "Dark Necrofear" is destroyed, the "Dark Necrofear" is removed from play and does not return as an Equip Spell Card.

If "Imperial Order" is active when "Dark Necrofear" is destroyed, it must still be equipped to your opponent’s monster, but you will not gain control of it because its effect is negated by "Imperial Order".

If all 5 of your Spell / Trap Card Zones are full during your End Phase of the turn "Dark Necrofear" was destroyed, you cannot activate its effect, and the effect disappears.

If "Dark Necrofear" is destroyed, you can Special Summon from your Graveyard with "Monster Reborn", "Premature Burial", etc. before your End Phase, and its effect will be reset.

If this card was discarded from your hand by an opponent’s card effect, such as "Confiscation" it does not become an Equip Spell Card during the End Phase, since it was not destroyed.

If the Special Summoning of "Dark Necrofear" is negated and "Dark Necrofear" is destroyed by the effect of "Solemn Judgment" or "Horn of Heaven", it will become an Equip Spell Card during the End Phase.

"Tailor of the Fickle" or "Collected Power" can be used to move "Dark Necrofear" from one monster to another after it is an Equip Spell Card. "Fairy’s Hand Mirror" or "Shift" cannot be used when "Dark Necrofear" first becomes an Equip Spell Card and is equipped to your opponent’s monster.

If it is destroyed by your opponent’s "Harpie’s Feather Duster", "Dust Tornado", etc. while it is an Equip Spell Card, "Dark Necrofear" will return during the End Phase since it was destroyed by an opponent’s card effect.

If the monster "Dark Necrofear" is equipped to is destroyed in any manner (including by an opponent’s card effect) "Dark Necrofear" is destroyed, but will not returned since it was destroyed due to the rules of the game, and not by either player’s card effect.

If your "Dark Necrofear" is destroyed on your opponent’s side of the field, by either player’s card effect, it will not activate during the End Phase. It must be on your side of the field and sent to your Graveyard when it is destroyed for its effect to activate.

If "Dark Necrofear" is equipped to "Relinquished" by the effect of "Relinquished" and it is destroyed, its effect will not activate during the End Phase.

If you equip "Dark Necrofear" to your opponent’s "Gearfried the Iron Knight" by its own effect, it is destroyed immediately and its effect does not activate again.

A single "Dark Necrofear"’s effect can only activate once per End Phase. So if you try to equip "Dark Necrofear" to "Darkbishop Archfiend" and its die roll negates and destroys "Dark Necrofear" you cannot attempt to activate its effect again.

Last Exile
15th March 2005, 12:56 AM
Basicalloy the two good ways to stop Necrofear is to kill it by battle or steal control of it and make your opponent kill it.

Dark-San
15th March 2005, 09:27 AM
Meh this means that Necrofear has to be destroyed on your field. So how do you normally destroy it? Enemy Controller or some other stuffs?

SWAMPERT1
15th March 2005, 02:05 PM
This thread has done two things. A) It has gone way off topic, and B) has made me rethink how I am going to use a Zombie deck.

I really think that fiends are great. There is lots of support and most of it involves power. I am just going to stick with the Undead though.

The Muffin Man
15th March 2005, 02:33 PM
Meh this means that Necrofear has to be destroyed on your field. So how do you normally destroy it? Enemy Controller or some other stuffs?

RFG(waste a DD Warrior Lady and some lifepoints), destroying the monster it's equipped to, or destroying it on the opponents side of the field are all guaranteed ways to get it out.

Last Exile
15th March 2005, 07:42 PM
Okay, here's how to mess up Necrofear:

1. D. D. Warrior Lady
2. D. D. Assailant
3. Jinzo
4. Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
5. Injection Fairy Lily
6. Compulsory Evacuation Device
7. Snatch Steal
8. Creature Swap
9. Enemy Controller
10. Dark Ruler Ha Des
11. Book of Moon + Nobleman of Crossout
12. Legendary Jujitsu Master
13. Penguin Soldier
14. Brain Control (when the next set comes out)

So there are ways. You just need to be...creative! :)

The Muffin Man
15th March 2005, 08:04 PM
Okay, here's how to mess up Necrofear:

1. D. D. Warrior Lady
2. D. D. Assailant
3. Jinzo
Jinzo...?

4. Black Luster Soldier - Envoy of the Beginning
5. Injection Fairy Lily
That's right, give 'em your Lily.

6. Compulsory Evacuation Device
7. Snatch Steal
8. Creature Swap
9. Enemy Controller
10. Dark Ruler Ha Des
11. Book of Moon + Nobleman of Crossout
12. Legendary Jujitsu Master
13. Penguin Soldier
14. Brain Control (when the next set comes out)

So there are ways. You just need to be...creative! :)
Most of those are obvious anyway. And Enemy Controllers not that bad, isn't it one turn?

Last Exile
15th March 2005, 08:12 PM
It was a sarcastic comment about being creative, Mike. ;)

1. Jinzo has 2400 atk. It kills Necrofear equip via battle. So would Lily. I was also putting Necrofear Equip into the equation, Mike.

2. Enemy Controller is for one turn only, yes, but requires sacrificing a monster to usee effect #2.