PDA

View Full Version : Finished colosseum????

dribble33
8th March 2005, 03:47 PM
Hello everybody

My englisch is not perfect, but i hope you can understand me
I have finished colosseum, but i have the feeling that i have missed some things :s:
In the game they are talking about the celibi forest, butt i havend found that.
My question to you is, is the game short or did i missed some things. I find it really strange that i could catch the ultimate shadow pokemon and that the game finished at that point.
Could someone give me some feedback??

Greetings Chris from the Netherlands

The Muffin Man
8th March 2005, 04:49 PM
Yeah the game was pretty short. I shouldn't have to go all around again to do extra stuff to make a game longer.

Oh well, we got what we asked for - a Pokemon RPG. But as RPGs go, it was really short.

Misty
8th March 2005, 04:50 PM
We're getting a better one this holiday season :P

rinku
8th March 2005, 05:49 PM
I've just started the Tower myself, and as I only get in about 1-2 hours a week it has taken me some time to get there (i.e. since Christmas). Overlooking the switch in the Lab added a good week's play to my particular game ;) . My understanding is that after you finish the RPG mode you just play the various battle modes. You can always replay it to get extra TMs and versions of various pokémon. I'm looking forward to being able to use it to shuttle-transfer between Leaf Green and Sapphire without having to borrow someone's GBA.

If you have purified all of the shadow pokémon you can get Ho-oh in Mt Battle. Check with one of the walkthough guides. You can also use the coupons to obtain the stat boost berries not available on the carts.

The Blue Avenger
8th March 2005, 07:39 PM
In the game they are talking about the celibi forest, butt i havend found that.

The Celebi Forest is just another name for the place where you purify the shadow Pokemon. They call it that because the Time Flute will summon Celebi to instantly purify a Pokemon.

Sceptile_Master
9th March 2005, 05:40 PM
Hey congrats on finishing colloseum. I finally got my but down and continued doing it a bit ago and now my ruby cartridge is blessed with a Shuckle. Yay. Man you have to admit it's wortht the shuckle, and others like meganuim and many more unobtainables.

Misty
9th March 2005, 06:11 PM
I haven't even started it.

So much wasted potential...

joehardyreturns
11th April 2005, 09:54 AM
The Jap version allows you to get a Celebi, thats why they always talk about a Celebi forest...
Where as US version there is a Jirachi...
Wonder how I can get them??

Poryhedron
11th April 2005, 07:57 PM
The Jap version allows you to get a Celebi, thats why they always talk about a Celebi forest...
They talk about a Celebi Forest because there is one in the game. It's a critical plot point and it's how you complete the game. You don't actually get Celebi there, though.

Where as US version there is a Jirachi...
Wonder how I can get them??
You get Celebi or Jirachi, depending on whether you're in Japan or America, by downloading it off the Pre-order Bonus Disk. If you didn't pre-order the game you didn't get a disk with a legend on it.

rinku
11th April 2005, 09:21 PM
PAL (European and Australian) versions of Pokémon Channel have Jirachi as a bonus for completion.

Pharod, Wearer of Gandalf Hats
12th April 2005, 09:26 AM
Hey, I'm from the Netherlands too! :P

But yeah, I only bought Pokemon Channel just to get that Jirachi. Got meself a Jirachi factory now, can get as many Jirachi's as I want. :P

rinku
12th April 2005, 05:54 PM
I finished the "final" story mode battle last week. Took about 40 hours, which is about normal for a pokémon RPG. Since there is still some extra story to do in tracking down the last few shadow pokémon, I consider it pretty good value in general terms.

I don't dispute there are better value for money games out there, but PC also has more strings to its bow than just finishing the plot or replaying it, unlike most RPGs. As an example, I would have spent more time finishing Golden Sun, and I enjoyed it as a game more... but I doubt I'll replay it for a long time.

Even as a way to transfer pokémon from my Leaf Green to my Sapphire whenever I want it has ongoing value for me.

homeofmew
22nd April 2005, 09:19 AM
it is short, but of course I don't think you can get celebi
You can get Jirachii, I think I don't remember :O

andyizcool
22nd April 2005, 12:04 PM
it is short, but of course I don't think you can get celebi
Celebi can only be obtained legally on the Japanese Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc. The American Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc got Jirachi. Unluckily us people in Europe got no Pokemon Colosseum Bonus Disc but we did get a Jirachi off Pokemon Channel.

Dark Scizor
23rd April 2005, 07:03 AM
Which was a waste of Ł20.

I finished the "final" story mode battle last week. Took about 40 hours, which is about normal for a pokémon RPG.

I did it in 10. Took me about 20 hours to get 60% of the pokémon purified :P. I didn't think Colosseum was too good a deal. I can't be bothered with it anymore since purifying the rest of the pokémon seems to be a task which I can't be bothered with.