PDA

View Full Version : The Arbiter vs. The_Missing_Link [Ref: Chris 2.0]

Greyfox
12th March 2005, 02:22 PM
Third battle, and I'm more than happy to start another.

Battle Conditions
1.) One-vs.-One.
2.) I summon first; you attack first.
3.) Seven-day disqualification time.

Arena
1.) The Neverend Gym is presently occupied, so we'll have to go with a standard Indigo stadium.

Spectators
1.) Chris 2.0 [Referee]
2.)

Challengers
1.) The Arbiter (Armada)
2.) The_Missing_Link (Nightshade).

GREY With that said, I bring out my Pokémon–

Grey slides open his cloak, revealing four custom-made silver Poké Balls. He takes the second ball sitting on his belt, and tosses it into the center of the Indigo Plateau stadium. Emerging from the tiny ball, an unusual fire-lizard Pokémon with a white flame dancing upon the tip of her tail. She holds an affectionate smile upon her face, cheerfully calling out the name of her species,

ARMADA Charmander!

GREY Armada, you are the elect.

:004:[/size]
#004 ARMADA
FEMALE CHARMANDER
TYPE: FIRE/
COLOR: Red w/ White Flame

-Uncle Grey

Chris 2.1
12th March 2005, 02:24 PM
I'll ref

Greyfox
12th March 2005, 02:33 PM
Very well... now I just need a challenger...

-Grey

The_Missing_Link
12th March 2005, 03:00 PM
Former gym leaders will duke it out. It won't be a proper long battle but it'll do. Also, I'd like to ban Rest and Substitute, if it's fine with you

I'll use Nightshade, my male Abra

Nightshade, start out with safeguard, psychic and then metronome

Safeguard~Psychic~Metronome

Greyfox
16th March 2005, 04:00 PM
GREY [color=#cccccc]More difficult than I would've thought. No matter, I work best under pressure. Alright Armada, when Nightshade protects himself with Safeguard, take the opportunity to hit 'im with a strong Flamethrower! Then, when he's about to strike you with Psychic, cast Protect. Meanwhile, Metronome is too random of an attack, so I want you to try to dodge it as best as you can regardless.

Flamethrower - Protect - Dodge

-Grey

Chris 2.1
17th March 2005, 11:23 AM
The Arbiter vs The_Missing_Link
Round 1

After sending a stamped address envelope to the Indigo Stadium with an enclosed Ł20.50, and waiting 6 to 8 weeks for any news, the permission was granted for a battle at the Indigo Stadium. There were, unfortunately, no refunds.

The Arbiter and The Missing Link agreed to a 1-1 battle. Both grasped their Pokeballs and released their hopeful victorious candidates:

Nightshade (Abra)[M]: 100% (0% Fatigue)
vs
Armada (Charmander)[F]: 100% (0% Fatigue)

Attacks:
TML: Safeguard~Psychic~Metronome
The Arbiter: Flamethrower - Protect - Dodge

Begin!

Nightshade wasted no time, starting up the match by creating a white veil to surround him. As soon as it was activated, however, it faded into the atmosphere, only to be brought up when needed. Aramada retalliated by sending a stream of silky, majestic flames wisking forward and scorching her foe across the torso.

Next, the roles switched, as Armada took a protective and TML an offensive. Sending a powerful beam of swirling psychic energy through the air, Abra was extremely ticked off when a shield was erected by Armada, cancelling the psychic connection and causing the attack to become useless.

Frustrated, Nightshade began to wiggle his fingers. Armada's eyes widened in fear...what would Nightshade produce? Finding it hard to predict this, Armada leapt to the side, diving for cover. Waiting for Armada to have landed, Nightshade threw a flurry of metal coins through the air, cackling happy as he released a pay day.

Nightshade (Abra)[M]: 85% (25% Fatigue)
vs
Armada (Charmander)[F]: 95% Damage (15% Fatigue)

Greyfox
17th March 2005, 04:01 PM
Grey releases an amused smirk as he stares at his still active Charmander. The young girl still barks loudly at her trainer, waiting her next commands patiently.

GREY It is we who shall have the dissadvantage this round, Algernon. Do not fret however, as I am not yet shaking in my boots. Use Sword's Dance to bulk yourself up, then hit 'im hard with another Flamethrower. End your volley with Slash!

Sword's Dance - Flamethrower - Slash

-Uncle Grey

The_Missing_Link
19th March 2005, 03:13 PM
Rain dance, shock wave and then metronome. Let's continue the randomness, shall we?

Chris 2.1
19th March 2005, 04:07 PM
TML: Armada, not Algernon :P Algernon's in the FFA!

Round 2

Nightshade (Abra)[M]: 85% (25% Fatigue)
vs
Armada (Charmander)[F]: 95% Damage (15% Fatigue)

Attacks:
The Arbiter: Sword's Dance - Flamethrower - Slash
TML: Rain dance -- shock wave -- metronome

Armada spun around quickly, getting faster and faster as ghostly images of swords danced around her. Getting physically psyched up, Armada's end to the swords dance was met by a similar dance by her foe. Nightshade began sumoning up heavy rain to pepper the ground.

Trying to concentrate, Armada opened wide and fired a torrent of glazed, beautifully silky flames through the air. The rain did deter the overall heat and power of the attack, so when Nightshade was hit, he took much less damage then Armada had anticipated. Nightshade responded by firing a jagged bolt of electricity from both hands. It sped through the air motivationally, striking Armada and shocking her momentarily. As Aramada clutched her dizzying head, Nightshade could be seen smirking ever so slightly.

Angered, going for a physical assault, one that could, with luck, not be detered by the downpour, Armada ran through the air. Fancying a little randomness, shall we say, Nightshade waggled his fingers. Delivering a slash to his foe's face, Armada was content. Nightshade then pointed at his foe, sending three seeds through the air to latch at his foe. Shocked, Armada found his strength getting leeched.

Damn.

Nightshade (Abra)[M]: 70% (23% Fatigue) Recieves 2HP& -2F each round
vs
Armada (Charmander)[F]: 83% Damage (17% Fatigue), boosted attack, leeched (-2%HP& +2F)

Side note: Leech seed takes 2% health off Armada and gives it to Nightshade, while also making Armada 2% more fatigued each round and reducing Nightshade's fatigue by 2% each round.

How handy a metronome can be...

The_Missing_Link
20th March 2005, 07:41 PM
Let's keep it simple again

Psychic~Relax~Tri Attack

Greyfox
20th March 2005, 08:10 PM
GREY Actually, Chris, I was the one to mistake Algernon for Armada; not T_M_L. But anyway... very nicely done, Armada. Now first, we must get ridda this rain. Immediately cast Sunny Day, then use Flamethrower. Then, relax...

Sunny Day [Arena] - Flamethrower [Gastly]

-A. J. Hawthorne, from Atlanta

Chris 2.1
21st March 2005, 11:20 AM
Round 3

Nightshade (Abra)[M]: 70% (23% Fatigue) Recieves 2HP& -2F each round
vs
Armada (Charmander)[F]: 83% Damage (17% Fatigue), boosted attack, leeched (-2%HP& +2F)

Attacks:
TML: Psychic -- relax -- tri attack
The Arbiter: Sunny Day -- Flamethrower -- relax

The clouds parted majestically. The sun pulsated warm rays of heat happily as Armada summoned up such sunshine. Not feeling too happy about the weather, Nightshade focused and fired a beam of psychic energy at his foe. Being struck in the chest, Armada felt safe knowing his set-up was carried out effectively.

As Nightshade rested, relaxing in the sun he had found himself suddenly acustomed to, his foe Armada fired a jet of roaring fire forward at him. Feeling a definite sharpness in the strength, Nightshade prepared for a different attack.

Waiting until Armada took a rest, Nightshade held his hand forward and sent off a triple-fused beam of elemental energy. Crackling with electricity, brimming with ice particls and fused with flame, the beam smashed into Armada and dealt efficient damage.

Nightshade (Abra)[M]: 52% (28% Fatigue) Recieves 2HP& -2F each round
vs
Armada (Charmander)[F]: 61% Damage (19% Fatigue), boosted attack, leeched (-2%HP & +2F)

Greyfox
21st March 2005, 11:36 AM
GREY Alright Armada, way to go. Now, bring your abilities to full speed with Dragon Dance. Then, cast Dragon Rage. Finish off with a nice Fire Spin!

Dragon Dance [Charmander] - Dragon Rage [Gastly] - Fire Spin [Gastly]

-Uncle Grey, from Atlanta

Greyfox
21st March 2005, 01:35 PM
...and by "Gastly", I obviously mean "Abra". My apologies...

The_Missing_Link
21st March 2005, 04:30 PM
Nightshade, encore Armada to use dragon dance again. Then try a metronome then teleport out of the way of the fire

Encore~Metronome~Teleport

Chris 2.1
22nd March 2005, 11:14 AM
Round 4

Nightshade (Abra)[M]: 52% (28% Fatigue) Recieves 2HP& -2F each round
vs
Armada (Charmander)[F]: 61% Damage (19% Fatigue), boosted attack, leeched (-2%HP & +2F)

Attacks:
The Arbiter: Dragon Dance [Charmander] - Dragon Rage [Abra] - Fire Spin [Abra]
TML: Encore ~ Metronome ~ Teleport

Armada glowed a teal green as energy wound around her body. Seeing this, Nightshade had an idea. He clapped his hands jubilantly, crying out his name as an aura encircled Armada.

Pleased with the encore, Armada keeps dragon dancing, summoning a dangerous amount of energy in his body. Nightshade watched as Armada's fatigue began to increase.

Meanwhile, Nightshade was waggling his fingers and conjuring up an attack. Opening his mouth wide, Nightshade shook violently as a surge of sweeping flame shot through the air, wrapped around Armada briefly and swept back up into the air, before disapearing. Armada found his encore state had ended by the sudden shock of the fire spin. Furthermore, the leech seeds had been burned off.

Remembering that he was to use that same attack, Armada opened his mouth and managed to pull off a slightly stronger version of the attack. It approached Nightshade, but the PSI Pokemon flashed instantly and teleported a few feet back. He was saved.

Nightshade (Abra)[M]: 52% (40% Fatigue)
vs
Armada (Charmander)[F]: 55% Damage (30% Fatigue), boosted attack, spiritually stronger

Arena: the same

Greyfox
22nd March 2005, 04:47 PM
A dangerous amount of energy, you say. Heheh... ~Gogo Armada!

The_Missing_Link
25th March 2005, 08:24 PM
Simple again

Double Team~Relax~Psychic

Greyfox
25th March 2005, 08:32 PM
GREY Okay, Armada. Wait for 'im to create clones with Double Team. Then hit 'im hard with Swift! The double Dragon Dance should make the hit extremely powerful! After that, I want you to hit with Fury Cutter. Then, take a break.

Swift [Abra] - Fury Cutter [Abra] - Relax [Charmander]

Chris 2.1
26th March 2005, 06:30 AM
Round 5

Nightshade (Abra)[M]: 52% (40% Fatigue)
vs
Armada (Charmander)[F]: 55% Damage (30% Fatigue), boosted attack, spiritually stronger

Attacks:
TML: Double Team -- relax -- psychic
The Arbiter: Swift [Abra] - Fury Cutter [Abra] - Relax [Charmander]

With a renowned sense of vigor, Armada felt ready to take on anybody. Even his foe Nightshade, who summoned similar clones to materialise around him. Not detered in the slightest, Armada opened wide and peppered the arena with golden stars. They tore through each clone and renedered them useless.

As Nightshade relaxed, Armada charged up energy in his claws and ran for his foe. He slashed at the PSI Pokemon and dealt sucessive damage. Nightshade hadn't realised that his encore had been used against him.

While Armada relaxed himself, Nightshade took the time to retalliate, holding both hands forward and sending a blast of psychic energy in a beam. Armada was hit and thrown back, but his willpower was not shattered. He got back up and prepared for the next round.

Nightshade (Abra)[M]: 37% (50% Fatigue)
vs
Armada (Charmander)[F]: 40% Damage (35% Fatigue), boosted attack, spiritually stronger

Greyfox
26th March 2005, 05:50 PM
GREY Great job, Al. Now, use Fury Cutter. Then take a breather; finish off with an nice Fire Blast!

The_Missing_Link
27th March 2005, 08:47 PM
Rain dance, concentrate hard and use zap cannon, and then relax

Rain Dance~Zap Cannon~Relax

Chris 2.1
28th March 2005, 11:25 AM
Round 6

Nightshade (Abra)[M]: 37% (50% Fatigue)
vs
Armada (Charmander)[F]: 40% Damage (35% Fatigue), boosted attack, spiritually stronger

Attacks:
The Arbiter: Fury Cutter -- Relax -- Fire Blast
TML: Rain Dance~Zap Cannon~Relax

Armada concentrated hard, building energy up in his claws. Tearing across the arena, Armada was so focused and ready that the now falling rain did not deter his performance. Swiping his claws across Nightshade's chest, the Charmander felt proud at dealing good damage.

As he stood by his trainer, Armada relaxed. Wondering what Nightshade was doing, Armada saw his foe charge a large, wobbly spark in-between his hands. Armada kept watching. The large spark was thrown through the air, where it constantly veered left and right. Nightshade was worrying his strength had been used up in vain. Luckily, the zap cannon got back on track slightly, ploughing through Armada's left side and striking it with paralysis. Armada gave a long cry and numbed up.

Taking a rest, Nightshade was pleased with his efforts. Armada released a somewhat weaker blast of flames, only to have them get generally extinguished by the rain. When Nightshade was hit, it dealt small damage, and the PSI Pokemon shook it off easily.

Nightshade (Abra)[M]: 25% (65% Fatigue)
vs
Armada (Charmander)[F]: 30% Damage (45% Fatigue), boosted attack, spiritually stronger, paralysed on left side

Arena: Raining (3 actions)

The_Missing_Link
28th March 2005, 05:05 PM
Start off with shock wave and then use psychic and then metronome. If Armada goes underground, just put a barrier beneath you

Shock Wave~Psychic~Metronome

Greyfox
2nd April 2005, 08:38 AM
GREY Very nice, Armada. Now use Sunny Day to rid us of the rain. Then, use Protect to avoid the psychic. Finish off with a nice and powerful Fire Blast!

Sunny Day [Arena] - Protect [Charmander] - Fire Blast [Abra]

-Uncle Grey

Chris 2.1
2nd April 2005, 11:31 AM
Round 7

Nightshade (Abra)[M]: 25% (65% Fatigue)
vs
Armada (Charmander)[F]: 30% Damage (45% Fatigue), boosted attack, spiritually stronger, paralysed on left side

Arena: Raining (3 actions)

Attacks:
TML: Shock Wave~Psychic~Metronome
The Arbiter: Sunny Day [Arena] - Protect [Charmander] - Fire Blast [Abra]

Watching the rain trickle down from the skies, Armada knew he could turn the tide. Clapping his hands, roaring, and looking up to the heavens. In mere instants the rain slowed down; clouds parted sleepily and revealled a glammerously warm sunshine beating down powerful sunlight. Armada shook off the damage from a bowling spark of electricity thrown by Nightshade, although his paralysis did start to cause more pain.

Nightshade began summoning a purple glow around his body. Pointing at Armada, he sent a powerful blast of psychic energy forward, extremely dissapointed when it dissaparated off a protective shield conjured up by his foe.

Irritated, Nightshade waggled his fingers, muttering to himself. His forefingers glowed a devilish blue as he picked an attack to use. As Armada blasted a stream of fire through the air, Nightshade released a smaller stream of flames. Alas, his flamethrower was depleted by the boastful fire blast and incinerated the poor PSI Pokemon.

Nightshade (Abra)[M]: 5% (78% Fatigue)
vs
Armada (Charmander)[F]: 23% Damage (60% Fatigue), boosted attack, spiritually stronger, paralysed on left side

Arena: Sunny Day (3 actions)

Greyfox
2nd April 2005, 11:44 AM
GREY We can end this with one attack, Armada; however you are quite tired and paralysed. We must anticipate any and all parries on Nightshade's part. Take advantage of your paralysis by casting Facade–that should knock him out. If he uses Double Team, then use Aerial Ace as a counteract. I have no doubt that he's gonna try to use Protect for the duration of the round. That spell will end up fading eventually, but just keep barraging 'im with attacks until you land a hit.

Facade/Aerial Ace [Abra/Abra] - Facade/Aerial Ace [Abra/Abra] - Facade/Aerial Ace [Abra/Abra]

-Uncle Grey

The_Missing_Link
2nd April 2005, 12:13 PM
Wait, what happened to shock wave? As far as I know, it's an attack that does damage but it doesn't look like she took any damage at all

Everytime she comes close to you, throw her away with psychic. Hopefully, her paralysis will slow her down

Psychic x3

Chris 2.1
2nd April 2005, 12:41 PM
TML: I thought Shock Wave/Aerial Ace was still blocked by protective attacks, but in the incidents of double teams, sandstorms or other accuracy/evasion-reducers, it always hit the target.

Round 8

Nightshade (Abra)[M]: 5% (78% Fatigue)
vs
Armada (Charmander)[F]: 23% Damage (60% Fatigue), boosted attack, spiritually stronger, paralysed on left side

Arena: Sunny Day (3 actions)

Attacks:
The Arbiter: Facade/Aerial Ace [Abra/Abra] - Facade/Aerial Ace [Abra/Abra] - Facade/Aerial Ace [Abra/Abra]
TML: Psychic x3

Armada's face glowed a brilliant white, before fading to a yellowish colour as his paralysis boosted his strength. Nightshade saw this, wondering how exactly he would pull this off. Concentrating, Nightshade became confused when Armada did not move at all - should he throw the facade back?

He decided yes, realising the facade would endanger his life. Using psychic powers to manipulate the mask of energy, Nightshade redirected it, but alas, it did not go near his foe. Isntead the attack flew off in another direction.

This happened again; Nightshade managed to grab the energy and hurl it away, but was increasing his fatigue a lot by doing this. Knowing his fatigue was at a high level, Nightshade concluded either way, he would be going down. As the stationary Armada fired another mask of energy, Nightshade had an idea: go out in style. As he used his psychic energy to grasp the facade, he focused the rest of his energy to ensure he could hurl it accurately, giving it 100%. Literally. As Armada took damage from the facade, Nightshade collapsed on the ground.

Results

Nightshade (Abra)[M]: 5% (100% Fatigue) - KO'ed
vs
Armada (Charmander)[F]: 13% Damage (78% Fatigue), boosted attack, spiritually stronger, paralysed on left side - Winner!

Congratulations to The Arbiter for winning, who recieces 2 points as a reward. TML gets 1, and I myself get 2.

You know, reffing a 1-1 is pretty cool. I think I'll ref 1-1s more often. Less commitment ^^

The_Missing_Link
2nd April 2005, 12:49 PM
What do you mean by protective attacks? Unless there's a subsitute, protect, or any other evading attack, shock wave should always hit. I don't think sunny day protects Armada at all. Also, according to the attack list, facade is described as a physical attack. Since it hasn't been shown in the anime, I thought that you would automatically use the description

Anyway, good battle. I need another Pokemon so I'll use that to get one

Chris 2.1
2nd April 2005, 01:17 PM
TML: Urgh I meant protect but then remembered it wasn't even used against shock wave >_<. I did intend for shock wave to deal some damage, and simply forgot to add it up at the end!

I'll edit rounds 7 + 8 accordingly.