PDA

View Full Version : Zero Hour

Cosmic Savage
12th March 2005, 04:36 PM
Hi, as this is my first post I am new and this is my first fanfic so I just want to see if I should continue.

I dont know if i'm being paranoid but I think this kinda drags on so please tell me if it does.

So without further ado, The Spice Rack!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------

Zero Hour
Chapter I
-The First-
The Spice Rack

The dingy apartment gleamed as much as it could in the faint sunlight, the couch was littered with wrappers from candy and TV Dinners and other food products. The couch was currently in occupation of a large light blue alligator who looked very fit and strong, probably strong enough to lift a baby bull elephant. He was looking disgusted at the medium-sized TV where a fellow blue alligator was battling a large metallic rock snake. I knew that he was appalled at how poor the fellow creature was doing in this battle.

None-the-less I stared intently at the TV and anticipated the next move.

"Steelix, Iron Tail!" yelled a female with a denim skirt on, she also sported a red T-shirt with hand cut marks making it a sort of tank top - T-shirt mix. She had long brown hair with bangs to the bottom of her eyes. She swept hair out of her eyes and tucked it behind her ear, she looked seventeen. Steelix slithered around somewhat faster than normal human pace and whipped his metallic tail sweeping out the alligators legs, he then smacked the gator extremely hard so that he flew to the side of the arena and smashed into the wall.

The crowd of about two thousand roared apparently thinking the blue thing was down.

"Feraligatr, Hydro Pump!" the male called, he had black windbreaker on and wore a slightly ripped up T-shirt. Feraligatr started concentrating but before anything could happen the Steelix smashed headfirst into him.

"Nice try Matt but Steelix is to fast for you to be using slow moves like Hydro Pump! Steelix Sand Storm," the girl called out.

The arena was comprised of pure sand, the rock snake pounding the arena created a sand shield that hid Steelix from Feraligatr's view.

"Laurie, you seem to have forgotten my Feraligatr's special move... oh yeah I didn't tell you," Matt chuckled Laurie mock laughed and listened
intently. "Feraligatr use Clear Sky!"

"Clear Sky, I've never heard of that move," Laurie said shocked.

"It's a move only known by the Gym Leader named Rick in the Atlanta League. I happened to have beaten him and he offered me a very good deal on a TM Card."

As Matt was talking the sand rested on the ground and in the stands, Steelix was left there shocked at the sudden discharge of his attack.

"Now Feraligatr use Multi-Gun!" Matt said, Feraligatr blasted three or four dozen blasts of huge water cannons. They hit Steelix dealing a big amount of damage, which in this case they were tied in damage costs.

"Steelix use Steel Tackle!" Laurie cried, the chrome metal shined as it tripled in strength and lunged at Feraligatr, who jumped over Steelix landed and blasted a single cannon of water which smashed into Steelix's eye and as he was flailing on the ground Matt called for a Dynamic Punch.

Feraligatr's fist became enveloped by a thin white light about six inches thick that slowly grew the length of his fist. He charged forward and belted his fist into Steelix's cheek, Steelix barrel-rolled a few times and landed on the floor too exhausted to keep going with the impact had clearly shattered every bone in the alligator's right arm. You could tell by the odd disfiguration and shape it was making.

"Steelix is unable to battle the match goes to Matt Anderson," the ref said, he was wearing black and white stripes and had a green and red wristband on his green hand was in the air it was the hand on the same side as Matt was.

"So Feraligatr what did you think of that?" I asked him as he turned off the TV.

"Feraligatr," he said shrugging, that meant it was pathetic and a waste of time in the language of them. I shrugged too, I thought it was a nice come back.

At that moment my dad walked in, he was the owner of Feraligatr, he had been a Pokemon Trainer in his day, he won the Atlanta League and came in second in the Kanto League, he had a whole bunch of trophies and awards that were all in a shrine off in the corner of the living room. I sneaked a glance.

There was a plaque like cushion hung above the awards that contained eighteen badges, the ten from Atlanta and the eight from Kanto. Surrounding the badges were ten ribbons in a gigantic circle from Contests his Pokemon had won. Under those on three shelves were various trophies from this and that, I chanced another quick glance. If my dad caught me staring at that...

"Jeremy Winsor don't get any ideas, the answer is still no!" My dad scolded, it was as if he had read my mind, I was about to ask him like normal at seven in the morning every morning if I could pretty please start training. But according to my dad if he had counted the number of times he almost died training it would reach the double digits and he could not stand to lose another part of his family.

You see my mom is in Johto researching Pokemon and she lives there because it is a full time job and even though she visits monthly and is not truly gone my dad still classifies her as "lost" even though he's just grieving over his lack of family.

"But dad please!" I moaned.

"NO! If I could count the number of times I could have died," he said again.

"But the risk makes it fun I want to so bad, it's in my blood!" I cried he had just started looking even meaner but before he could say another word I turned on my heel and said coldly, "I'm going to school to be with people who actually want me to do my best!"

I turned the doorknob and walked out slamming the door to our okay apartment, behind me. My dad was still getting installments to his seven million dollar prize from the Atlanta League, the twenty thousand dollar Contest prize money from his many ribbons. It was enough that he didn't need to work. I walked through the grass collecting a ring of dew around my shoes. I didn't care as that my socks were starting to become damp. I headed down the sidewalk and to the slowly forming building in the distance. After fifteen minutes I was walking up the stairs to enter this building.

My best friend Ty Tyrore was standing by my locker, he had jean shorts on with a blue T-shirt and a denim vest over his shirt. Slung around his waist was a belt that had a single red and white ball hanging from it. He was leaving in two weeks for his journey.

"So what did your old man say today?" Ty asked, he was stroking his Pokeball ever so slightly.

"Do you even need to ask that Ty?" I asked him mad, I punched my locker before opening it up and taking out my PHC (Pokemon Health and Care) Book and walked with Ty to his locker. As he took out his book he place his Pokeball up top, you get supplied a Pokemon in PHC to keep up the surprise and so everybody who doesn't have one wont feel bad.

We walked into the room dumped our stuff on a two person desk in the back and walked to the cupboard, I grabbed a Pokeball that had an '03' stamped across it while Ty got one that had '26' on it. We sat at our desk and talked of possible ways for my dad to give in. I just can't believe he has a team of six and about twenty others living in a Pokemon Park behind our apartment.

"Welcome class we will be taking care of your Pokemon you should have gotten before the bell today, you will need to feed and bathe your Pokemon in the correct way and when you finish come to my desk and I'll grade you then," Mrs. K said.

I dropped the ball to the side, out emerged a yellow rat with a thunderbolt tail and brown stripes down the back. His pointed ears were on end and when it saw me it let loose a shock that coursed through my body.

"Pikachu!" He said, I sighed the teacher switched the Pokemon around after class so you never know who you were getting and I got the most stubborn little bugger on the face of this planet.

"Come on Pikachu I just want to get a good grade I need at least a 'B+' on this assignment to take my grade up to a solid 'A' again maybe if I show my dad I'm responsible to carry a 4.0 he'll let me start my..." I started my speech but before I could finish Pikachu waddled off towards the door.

"Pikachu," he said when I stood in front of him to stop the critter from walking out of the classroom.

"Come on we've got some nice... um... what do Pikachus eat? Oh yeah you want some apples?" I asked, Pikachu did a double-take and when he realized he couldn't get out he conceded defeat and let me pick him up.

I brought Pikachu back to my desk and gave him two juicy apples, he picked one up and took a huge bite out of them. As he ate I went to the back and got out a small watering tub and got some soap and shampoo and I started filling the tub with water.

As It filled I watched other people feeding their Pokemon, I watched as Ty was attempting to feel a Geodude a handful of gravel before it dawned on him that Geodude ate big rocks and Sableye ate gravel, The Sableye person walked over to Ty and dumped the correct food on Ty's desk and took the gravel back to his desk. Another person who had a Charmander was attempting to bathe it but he had a hard time keeping his tail out from the water, I chuckled.

I stumped back and dropped it on the floor and pulled on rubber gloves, Pikachu was throwing the apple cores in a garbage can. I quickly grabbed him and dumped the creature in it. He squealed and launched electricity into the water. It only shocked him because of my rubber gloves.

"Just give in rat, I'm not giving up I want that 'A'!" I said picking up the soap and scrubbing the Pikachu making his fur gleam. I picked up the shampoo and then I walked up to Mrs. K.

"Hmmm, Pikachu seems full and he sure is clean, I give it an 'A-' Jeremy keep up the good work," Mrs. K said, I silently whooped in the air and walked away, with five minutes left I recalled Pikachu and put it back into the cupboard.

I sat by Ty for the last five minutes and watched him finish up, since Geodudes are really weak against water he sort of had to spray it and wipe him down super fast. He got an 'A' presumably because he is a straight 'A' student which is as he claims it, "the sole reason his parents let him go."

"I got my 4.0 Ty, I just need to keep till the end of the day and I can give my dad my report card," I said as the bell rang, we walked out and Ty opened his locker as it was the closest.

He dropped his PHC Book in the bottom of his locker and took out his beloved Treecko's Pokeball and clipped it on his belt. We had PTB (Pokemon Training and Battling) next and as we made my way to my locker and dropped off my book.

We headed down the hallway to the biggest room in the school at the other end.

"If you need a Pokemon get one from the Pokeball Locker at the back and then sit down, we're battling today," Mr. Clyde said.

Ty sat down and set Treecko's Pokeball on his desk, I headed to the back hoping I would get a good Pokemon. I sat next to Ty and waited for the second bell to ring. When it did I looked down at my ball, without realizing it I had taken the, '01' ball. That was bad I would be first up!

"Rikky you have your own Pokemon right?" Mr. Clyde asked to a person in the front of the room.

"Yes Mr. Clyde," Rikky said, I knew that Rikky was starting his journey next Saturday too.

"Good, Well it'll be you and number one," he said I gulped double checked the number and walked to the front of the room.

The room was weird about the size of a regular classroom with the length and size of a gymnasium added on to that. At the back were desks were the kids sat and in the front was an arena that had the lines and circle of an official field. The chalkboard was at the side along with the teachers desk, Mr. Clyde took a microphone and said, "It will be Rikky Sontona and Jeremy Winsor battling first."

"Go Mudkip!" he cried tossing out a red and white ball, it clattered on the ground and popped open. The white light dimmed and a blue little creature was on the ground. It was blue and looked almost like a cat except for the little orange gloves flapping on his cheeks.

"Go Pokeball Number One!" I said dorkishly throwing the ball, it hit the floor and opened. Out came a small little reptile creature with a sprout seed on his back. He was green and had dark green spots flecked on his body, he had a big green bulb on his back, "Yes I have the type advantage."

"It is Mudkip against Bulbasaur," Mr. Clyde said, "Let the engagement begin."

"Bulbasaur start with a Leech Seed!" I said trying to remember pages forty seven to fifty in the Pokemon Attacks section of my PTB Book. Bulbasaurs at early levels have Tackle, Leech Seed, Razor Leaf, and Scratch.

The Bulbasaur was concentrating and all of a sudden a little seed popped out of the small bulb on his back and burst out, it exploded into a net, which wrapped around Mudkip then was absorbed into Mudkip and started sapping all of his energy.

"Mudkip, Water Gun," Rikky said pointing, Mudkip though straining from the Leech Seed blasted a very strong looking cannon of water, which even though Bulbasaur tried getting out of the way failed and got pelted in the side that left a gigantic welt on his skin.

"Shake it off, Use Razor Leaf," I said trying to keep two or three moves ahead of the game. Bulbasaur whipped his bulb forward and three razor sharp leaves flew forward and blasted into Mudkip, which cut open his skin and he started bleeding.

"Use... um... Tackle," he said thinking fast but the Leech Seed was taking affect he started slowing down and Bulbasaur jumped out and scratched Mudkip down the side leaving three lines down his side.

"Use Tackle," I said, he bounded forward but was met only with a water gun to the face that made Bulbasaur stop and cough up water.

"Rikky that is a warning do NOT deliberately try to drown one of the school's Pokemon ever again!" Mr. Clyde said.

Rikky wasn't listening he continued ordering Tackles from Mudkip while Bulbasaur tried to maintain breathing again. I looked scared, "Use... er... a Razer Leaf."

Bulbasaur was now the underdog and I needed to make a move, He pelted about four leaves this time but Mudkip dodged and blasted the final move that left a giant welt in his other side, the water gun that must have killed made Bulbasaur keel over fainted.

"Return," we said together, that was really low of Rikky I thought, as I gave Mr. Clyde Bulbasaur's Pokeball and sat by Ty. We conversed lowly at how low Rikky had sunk to pull a move like that,

The day was incredibly boring after that. Ty won his battle but he was the only one who deserved it, between luck and bullying he was the only person who was truly skilled at battling. The rest of the day was dumb junk like reciting Pokedex entries and mumbo jumbo about how a tent can save your live while traveling.

As I walked in the door I shot a glance at my dad and dropped my report card on his desk.

"Do I want to see it?" He joked.

"If you don't want to see my 4.0 give it back I need to call grandma and get my money," I said coldly still mad at our argument this morning.

"Listen I know your mad at me but your mom sent you a present today," he said.

"Really? What is it?"

"I don't open any other people's mail."

"Okay," I picked up the baseball sized package and ripped off the binding, a ball rolled into my lap and I let out a huge gasp.

"Oh my goodness!"

"What is it?" my dad asked, I lifted up a gleaming red and white Pokeball that evidently had a Pokemon in it because of the weight difference I felt.

"No," I heard my dad whisper, "Dang you Cathrine."

"Pokemon Go!" I called excitement had overcome patience and I sat with
my legs shaking as I saw the ball burst open.

Out came a two foot human looking figure. The light cleared and a brown humanlike figure with red shorts was standing there. It had huge muscles and a six-pack he had big pecs making his entire body look muscular. His head was kind of oddly shaped and he had a weird horn on his head.

"What kind of Pokemon is that Dad?" I asked him walking over to him and starting conversing with him.

"Tyrogue," he muttered still very POed about me getting a Pokemon after he tried so hard to prevent it.

"Tyrogue's a fighting type, so give me a punch right there," I said to him
holding up a hand.

"No," my dad said tackling me over so Tyrogue missed and punched the chair breaking the chair leg in half. "A Tyrogue of this caliber could smash every bone in your hand. He is at least level ten, that means.." he said trailing off he gave in, "He knows a very weak mind you, Dynamic Punch, Punch, Kick and Brawl."

"Cool, Thank you mom, does that mean I can go on a journey?" I asked.

"No!" He said.

"Come on please give me a test, an anything!" I cried I wanted to so bad.

"Hmmmm. If you can pass a test of mine then I will let you go on your journey. You will need to train and fight one of my little Pokemon and win in a battle, you need to take a written test, testing your knowledge of Pokemon and various other things, and a practical demonstrating your understanding of battling with your Pokemon. And a little piece of advice, don't take this lightly you better study every spare minute and train every un-spare minute or your out of luck till your sixteen!" He said, he stormed off.

"Goody two weeks of complete studying!" I said, I slumped off to my room and started reading a basic book of Pokemon.

The next day was a Friday and as I was walking to school clutching my Pokeball tightly in my hand. As I walked up the steps I took in a lot more, the two giant Raichu statues mounted at the top of the stairs, the nice tile on the floor, when I reached my locker I stood waiting for Ty.

"Hey Jeremy," he said from behind me, I spun around, a little green wood gecko was standing on it's hind legs was standing next to Ty. He had two bumps on his head and red eyes that were cold yet friendly. He had a long tail that ended in a swirl and two muscular arms.

"Hi Ty," I said hiding my Pokeball on purpose.

"You're not gonna be jealous of Treecko today are you?" he asked, the last day of school was always Keep Your Pokemon Out All Day, Day.

"Why would I be jealous," I smirked taking out my Pokeball, "When I have my own Pokemon that I can keep out all day."

"No way you dad caved?" he yelled excited.

"No my mom sent me him, remember she's in Johto right now," I said clutching the ball even tighter.

"So what Pokemon did you get," Ty said bending down to Treecko who whispered something in his ear.

"A Tyrogue, see Go!" I said dropping the ball next to my right leg, he came out of the ball and looked up nervously at Ty and Treecko, who was
about six inches taller that him.

"Nice one, he looks strong what level is he?" Ty asked, Treecko himself was level thirteen.

"My dad said around nine or ten, but he knows four moves," I said, the bell rang and we headed to PHC with our books discussing the test I had to pass in two weeks.

"Look I could postpone my journey two days or so, so we could go together," he said.

"No, no need for you to suffer you go ahead and we'll catch up later," I said.

"Okay, but last night I forgot to call you in all the excitement, I caught a new Pokemon," he said, I hadn't even noticed he had two balls on his belt, you were only allowed out.

"No way what is it?" I said as we entered the PHC classroom and sat down, the last day all we did was turn in our books and talk the rest of class maybe she'd let us outside into the forest behind the school and let us fight wild Pokemon, people in her last years class said Mrs. K did that for them.

"It's a Pidgey," he said his hand moving down to the ball, "My mom gave me a spare Pokeball so I decided to go to the Park and catch a new Pokemon, you need two for the first gym."

"Sweet..."

"Welcome class, please put your books on the counter and follow me
outside, we're going to train in the forest. Your lucky I only take classes in the forest if each of you has a Pokemon and since Jeremy got a Pokemon yesterday you make the cut. Follow me and stay within the red markers in the forest, if you don't then you'll be suspended for next year and you'll get a mark on your permanent record increasing prices in Pokemon Markets for you going on your journey," she said opening a door behind her desk and holding it for everybody and then started walking out herself.

We walked out, with Mrs. K's announcement everyone was coming up to me asking them to battle me, I knew all they wanted was easy experience, I declined them all.

"Oh yeah no catching the Pokemon in the forest they are school property, and trust me the school will know if one is caught," she yelled from the back smiling.

As we entered the forest I saw Ty run off towards a Sentret recalling Treecko and throwing Pidgey's Pokeball way out in front of him.

"Well we're on our own I guess Tyrogue," I said, he smiled again I couldn't believe how good we were getting on, then again mom probably taught him manners before shipment.

"Tyrogue," he said getting in a battle stance, the bush next to us was shaking, out jumped a purple and tan rat, I knew this Pokemon right away it was called a Ratatta.

"Tyrogue, use Punch," I said, Tyrogue bounded forward fist drawn back, and right when he got to the purple rat he let loose a bone crunching Punch attack. The Ratatta was obviously a weak one but nonetheless is bounded forward and sunk it's fangs in Tyrogue's leg. He gave the Ratatta another Punch attack right to the Jaw. "Good now use Brawl!"

Tyrogue leapt forward and let out a barrage of kicks, punches, and uppercuts that was just enough to knock out the Ratatta. Then another rustle from the bush and a furry tan rat emerged, the evolved form of Ratatta, Raticate emerged, she was obviously the mother and furious at me.

"Raticate!" she cried scratching Tyrogue down the arm.

"Tyrogue you okay," I said, he nodded and I cried out again, "Tyrogue use Kick!"

Tyrogue ran forward and blasted a kick into Raticate's gut, she moaned double-over and stood up again. She jumped in the air and landed onto Tyrogue sinking a Hyper Fang into Tyrogue's arms.

"Shake it off," I yelled scared for my Tyrogue, then someone ran into the clearing.

"Jeremy need any help?" Ty asked watching Tyrogue attempted to get the slightly chubbier Raticate off his forearm.

"No I'm going to finish the battle," I said, "Tyrogue use a Dynamic Punch!"

"Tyrogue's hand glowed with a white barrier and spread to his fist, he blasted it into his jaw and flew to the other side of the clearing, almost out but not quite.

"Raticate!" She yelled, the rat ran and bashed into Tyrogue's legs tripping him and making him fall onto the ground. Tyrogue was almost fainted but wasn't out.

"Tyrogue Kick," I yelled the Raticate flew back as his foot contacted to the chin of the mother rat.

She looked at Tyrogue who had the advantage picked up the fainted baby rat in her mouth and trotted off into the bush giving up.

"Jeremy you just beat a Raticate, that's amazing!" Ty said in envy, I blushed.

"Well Tyrogue was obviously almost out I'd say it was mostly luck, I'm still in shock," I said Tyrogue was tuckered out and fell onto the ground, "Return."

The whistle blew and that meant we had to make our way back, Tyrogue is so strong I hope that I can control him and keep up with him. The sloping
lawns up to the door were hard on your legs but it was a cakewalk compared
to the amount of walking we would have to do in Pokemon journeys.

The rest of the day flew by, when I walked up the stairs to the apartment door and unlocked it I grabbed a book from the bookshelf entitled, So Your Going On A Journey: The Do's and Don't's of Safety. For two hours I read the book and when my dad walked in he said, "Remember don't only study, train."

"I know pop, I already have plans to go to the park with Ty at six," I said to him shutting the book and putting it back. I grabbed another book, the book's title was How To Train For A Gym Battle. When I sat at the table I saw my dad smile and saw in his eyes that he knew my determination. In an hour it was five forty-five so I marked my page in the middle of a chapter called Gym Trainer's Secrets Revealed.

"Bye dad," I said he waved at me from a desk at the back of the apartment, I knew he was preparing the test I would take.

I walked down the sidewalk in the opposite of the school and followed it for ten minutes only to stop at the entrance and see Ty creaming a kid with a Squirtle with Treecko, when I reached them the Squirtle kid ran out crying.

"What a little baby, first he boasts about how his Squirtle can beat even the strongest grass type then he runs off crying when I beat him," Ty said, laughing.

"I hate people like that, my turn," I said walking to the arena end, a scrawny little kid in a bee keepers uniform walked out.

"Wanna battle?" he called out, I nodded, "Okay one-on-one, seeing as you only have one Pokeball on your belt. My name is Benny by the way, Go, Wurmple."

The ball clattered onto the ground and burst open, from the ball a horn infested red and white worm emerged.

"Go Tyrogue," I said, as he emerged the official ref threw down both his
flags crying out, "Begin."

"Wurmple Horn Attack!" Benny said, his worm slithered up to him, Tyrogue laughed and simply walked out of the way, Tyrogue punched his back, he rolled onto his back.

"Tyrogue, Use a Dynamic Punch," I said trying to suppress a laugh, Ty was not so able he was on the ground rolling in laughter, Benny looked angry. Meanwhile Tyrogues fist was enveloped in white light again, he smashed it into the upturned Wurmple. He rolled over fainted.

"Tyrogue wins," the ref said raising the flag on my side, Benny recalled Wurmple.

"How about another battle?" Benny called out smirking like he was hiding a secret.

"Sure, just no more caterpillar!" I said laughing.

"Beedrill Go!" He said, the ball hit the ground and let a giant bee with an insanely huge stinger emerge. He was a yellow bee about three feet in height with black stripes down it's back.

"Oh, crap!" I said.

"Begin!" The ref said forcing down the flags again, the once empty bleachers were filling up as the rumor surface a new trainer was taking on a Beedrill.

"Tyrogue Brawl," I said determined not to show my Pokemon that I was doubtful, it jumped into the air so it was level with the Beedrill and then like he did on the Raticate it let out a barrage of punches and kicks. Beedrill fell down and hovered back up.

"Beedrill Poison Peck!" Benny cried pointing, Beedrill was about two hundred times faster than Wurmple so he flashed there flashed back and had injected the poison before Tyrogue could move.

"Tyrogue Dynamic Punch," I said, the white light was now thicker than the last two times I seen the attack, but not enough for anyone else to notice. The punch missed but on his second attempt knock the Beedrill out of the sky. The poison affected and Tyrogue stumbled but stood still.

"Beedrill use Tackle then Peck!" Benny said maliciously now seeking revenge at me for laughing at his bug. The Beedrill swooped down and slammed into my poor Pokemon, then doubled back and pecked him with his stingers. It wasn't the attack that fainted Tyrogue it was the poison. "HAHA! You lost!"

"Chill it was my second battle ever, Return! Nothing to be proud of Benny," I said walking to Ty leaving Benny stunned, he did not know of my inexperience.

"Here," Ty said handing me a handheld squirt bottle with magenta liquid in it. "It's a Revive."

"Thanks, I'll pay you back later," I said soaking the Pokeball in the liquid. When it dried I polished it with my shirt and clipped it to my belt. I watched Ty go on a 6-0 winning streak with his Pidgey and Treecko, then he lost to this girl with a Houndoom and told me it was my turn.

It was about nine thirty when we left, I had won three more battles, though the kids were less than or equal to my level and lost about five or six including Benny. I was proud of Tyrogue.

Turns out Ty wasted a Revive because there was a Healing Machine near the restrooms on the opposite side of the park. We made arrangements for the same time tomorrow. When I got home I finished the book and went to sleep trying to think about everything I learned.

The next day I spent the first half of the day reading The Complete Works of Ash Ketchum and Why He Did So Good! An eight-hundred page journey biography. The last half my dad surprised me and quizzed me about the Pokedex book I read on the first night I studied.

"What is a move Treecko can't learn but Grovlye can?" He asked, I thought then smiled.

"Leaf Blade?" I said, he smiled back nodded and shut the book, well you got twenty six right, and twelve wrong comes out to about 68%, not good.

"I'll quiz you every two days, and Jeremy you just got a D+, you need an A- to go, you better study more," he said, I looked shocked at him.

"I've been studying for three days dad give me some credit, I mean apart from school I've basically never heard of Pokemon and you have yourself to thank there," I yelled years of anger were surging upwards in my body, "I'm going to the park."

"Jeremy..." he sighed, Feraligatr slumped in to see what the matter was then as a large obviously female Feraligatr slumped in the male blushed and was pulled back into the living room.

"Bye dad," I said opening the door, I had Tyrogue's Pokeball clutched in my right hand. The truth was I wasn't going to the Park I was going to the only Pokemon Center in the town of Graile. I needed to pick up my Pokemon ID, Ty had his I needed that before I could get my 80% discount on all Pokemon Journey supplies, even if I failed the test I could still train and catch Pokemon.

I sat on a bench by the bus stop it was downtown, I waited twenty minutes trying to mull over the book I read this morning safety tips, I just wish I could go and be free willed.

On the bus I saw a few kids from my grade making fun of me for taking on the winner of the Bug Competition for three years running. As much as I told them I didn't know about Benny's past they just thought I was lying and went back to making fun of me.

"I'll show them, when I get in the Atlanta league I'm gonna cream them I'll have the most powerful team of six. Then I'll have the last laugh," I murmured.

Ten minutes later I got off at the stop where most of my ex-classmates got off too. I walked up to the door and it slid open making a bell ding, I was in a room with stiff blue carpet and matching blue lounge chairs and couches all around. To the left of me was a staircase and directly in front of me was a counter where the nurse in charge was busy tending to a person with a small blue bird with a white chest and a red stripe on his chest. It had a large burn across his chest that blended nicely with the stripe, the Pokemon was a Taillow.

The nurse took the recalled Taillow into the back room and emerged again. The nurse was wearing a pink and white frilly dress and a name tag on her chest that read: Nurse Jenny.

"Hello How may I help you," she said grinning a very false smile, I false smiled back at her.

"I need an ID," I said bluntly.

"That will be a five dollar cover charge, and you are required one Pokemon," she said she had chuckled at my fake laugh and now was smiling for real you could tell the difference.

"Okay," I said a little irritated I had to give my last five dollars to get a dumb ID, "Here."

I handed her my one Pokeball and a five dollar bill. She took them and deposited my five dollars in a till beneath the counter, then scanned the ball with what looked like a Grocery Scanner from the store. She looked at the computer and said, "Tyrogue."

"Yup," I said, she nodded and handed me my Pokeball, she lifted a loose part of the counter and told me to follow. She put up a Back In Five Minutes sign up and led me into the room with the Taillow.

On the right was a room entitled: Pokeball Room, and on the left was a door entitled: Pokemon and Trainer Identification Room.

"Right in here," she said opening the door, I walked into a dark room about the size of a Van. In the corner was a computer and from the back of the computer was a cord that trailed into a digital camera on a stand. A small 'X' was on the floor in front of the camera. "Stand on the 'X'."

I walked over and stood on the mark and waited, I thought of a funny picture to get my best smile. The flash blinded me so I rubbed my watery eyes and walked over to Nurse Jenny. She was typing on the computer.

"Name."

"Jeremy Winsor."

"Age."

"Thirteen."

"Starter. Tyrogue. Height."

"4'11"."

"Weight."

"105 pounds."

"Okay, that’s about it," she said pressing enter, the machine next to her whirred into life and instead of coming from the paper slot came out of the small slot below it. "Here you go."

"Thanks," I looked at it, my picture was awesome, it had all my stats she
just asked me too.

On the bus ride home I was thinking about how Ty could just leave right
now but he stayed to help me train. He was a good friend, though every time
the subject of me traveling with him was brought up he looked only half like he wanted to actually travel with me. I scrubbed the thought I was getting tired and I still had two hours before I had to meet with Ty. I got home and opened a book on Pokemon Attacks. At six thirty I opened the door, my dad was out training too only he was at the Advanced Gym in Renx the city next to Graile, Renx had the first of ten gyms.

When I got to the park Ty wasn't there, so I walked to the arena and decided to wait for an opponent. In ten minutes I was battling a kid about fifteen with an orange chick like Pokemon, it had ruffled yellow feathers and two chicken feet.

"Torchic," said Frank, a scrawny pale teenager sporting a nice leisure suit, "Ember."

The chick spewed about four small embers Tyrogue dodged them all and kicked the baby chick across the arena.

"Tyrogue Punch!" I said, Tyrogue wound back and forced his fist into the chicks cheek. The Torchic ran and bashed into Tyrogue's stomach, Tyrogue was doubled over.

"Torchic Skull Bash," Frank said, Torchic's skull was enveloped in white light and bashed into Tyrogue's stomach again this time Tyrogue doubled over and threw up.

"Tyrogue use Dynamic Punch," I said, every time he used this attack the white light was thicker soon it would be as thick as the Feraligatrs on TV. The Punch was an uppercut which was right threw his chin, a deafening crack was heard throughout the whole arena and stands, which was flooded with people at the rumor of the "Stupid New Trainer" was fighting again.

"Torchic Ember," Frank said a little more worried than before, the attack flew in a horizontal line which blasted into Tyrogue that a burn streak, I had seen that streak on the Taillow from the Center, I wonder if it was this Pokemon who had done it.

"Tyrogue Kick and then Brawl," I called, he kicked Torchic in the gut but when he attempted a Brawl but missed.

"You need to be faster to catch a Torchic, now use another Skull Bash," Frank said, Tyrogue dodged and then slammed his elbow into Torchic.

Torchic was weak but blasted a long column of fire at me, Tyrogue jumped back barely missing it.

"You learned Flamethrower Torchic? Nice!" Frank said, I commanded a Kick at Torchic, who flew back to exhausted to continue.

"Torchic is unable to battle Tyrogue wins," the ref said holding up my flag.

"Thanks for the battle and even though I lost Torchic learned Flamethrower so thanks, Frank said walking away, Ty approached me.

"Nice Jeremy, I see your improving already but I forgot to tell you that the Pokedex says you need to keep Tyrogue on a strict training regiment, so I would suggest boxing equipment. Just like I have Pidgey stretch her wings every night by racing around Graile once, I even time her to improve her speed. And with Treecko I have him do obstacle courses every morning, and then after that we all go on a three mile run," Ty said.

I flushed I had not known any of this. I guess I would have to start running with Tyrogue in the morning, maybe we could run around the block a few times.

Oh well I got back to battling, Ty took the next battle and even though the Croconaw was about level twenty Treecko took it out, the type advantage had sealed it for him.

"Nice one Ty, but I think I'm gonna head home I'm really tired, maybe I'll stick around and watch Pidgey or Treecko battle one more time," I said rubbing my eyes, he nodded a little saddened.

"OK, well I'll make it quick for you," he chuckled, he ran to the sideline and waited.

Ty used Pidgey and annihilated this guy with a Koffing, I waved as he set off towards one of the other twelve arenas each involving a different type, I just used the normal arena, the other eleven were for moderate to advanced trainers.

I walked out of the park and down the street, I told Tyrogue that we were going to jog home. I hardly ever ran, I had a lot of fat on my calves and legs, as we ran I often found him an entire street ahead of me and he had to jog in place as I caught up.

"Nice jog," I said I fumbled with the Pokeball and recalled him as I walked in, my dad was still gone so I just went in my room and read some more. I fell asleep.

Over the next week I read about thirty books all ranging from one hundred to eight hundred pages. My dad had quizzed me and I was up to a B-, I was proud of Tyrogue he trained really hard. My dad got me a quintuple padded glove where Tyrogue could safely punch my hand. He after five days of training had gotten his Dynamic punch to an inch thickness. He also learned a new move called Berserk a stronger version of Brawl, the bad thing is that Tyrogue had forgotten how to do Brawl when he learned Berserk. My dad had told me when the Pokemon learned stronger version of moves they forgot the weaker of the two. It was the day before the test and I was getting anxious. I was scheduled to go to the park with Ty for the last time, he was leaving tomorrow.

Ty's Treecko had evolved three days ago, it was now a green raptor with dark green six inch talons. It had a dark green leaves out of his head and a tan belly, it was a towering four foot Grovlye. Pidgey my dad said was going to evolve soon too, his feathers had started growing that meant that Pidgeotto was near. Tyrogue was now around level thirteen my dad said.

"Dad your kidding, he was like eleven two weeks ago, are you telling me two solid weeks of training has only gotten me two levels," I said

"It's not just like the games Jeremy, you don't battle ten times and gain a level you work, train, concentrate, and focus on getting stronger, it takes at this young in Tyrogue's life about a week to gain a level. While Feraligatr, my strongest and starter is around level seventy it might take months or even close to a year for him to gain a level," he said, "Pick your chin up."

I was gaping but I picked my chin up, I did not know that, it fit though Ty's been training Treecko for one year and it just evolved. I spent the rest of the day studying. The next day my legs were shaking insanely and as I sat down my dad said, "First part of the test, Written. Remember this is about Pokemon and Safety."

I flipped over the test and looked at the first question, Compare and Contrast Treecko's body structure to Grovyle's body structure.

I started writing thinking, 'Dad not smart Ty would murder me if I got this wrong.' I moved on to the next question feeling I had nailed that question.

"It was an okay job Jeremy an 89% you got 134 out of 150, you need to beat me to go, so grab your Pokeball and let's go," he said.

Fifteen minutes later we were at the park, me at one end, my dad at the
other. Ty was in the crowd he knew I needed to win.

"Go Tyrogue!" I said, two weeks ago Tyrogue was strong, but right now his leg muscles were sculpted to the point where you could see the lines of his bulging muscles. His arms were about double the size when I first saw him that punching bag had come in handy. He did about five hundred punches a day along with five hundred kicks, two-fifty in the morning and two-fifty at night, after I spent the rest of the morning studying we went on a five mile jog, he was about at the top of his physical prime as a young Tyrogue.

"Go Quillava!" My dad said calling out a navy and tan Pokemon he was on all fours and looked incredibly disciplined. His back out of nowhere erupted in three foot flames.

"Begin," the ref said forcing down the flags, Quillava was already charging down Tyrogue.

Tyrogue jumped and dodged the Take Down and when he was going to drop kick the Pokemon he jumped to the side dodging it.

"Use Dynamic Punch!" I called, the inch wide barrier was forming as he charged down Quillava, he jumped back and Tyrogue stumbled forward, Quillava contacted his fist into Tyrogue's gut. He flew back and landed painfully.

"Try to Kick," I said, my dad was very eerily quiet, Tyrogue was successful this time he contacted in Quillava's jaw he was flown to the side and as he got up I saw him open and close his jaw painfully.

"Quillava Flamethrower," my dad said, the Pokemon opened his mouth and sent a towering column of fire at Tyrogue who back hand sprung back and then to the right that singed the grass behind me only to the right of me by two feet.

"Tyrogue use Punch!" I said, Tyrogue charged down and bashed his fist into the Pokemon, he stumbled back trying to breathe. He was winded long enough for Tyrogue to contact a Dynamic Punch successfully into Quillava's face.

"Quillava Speed Trap," my dad said, Quillava held out his paw and an invisible cyclone stopped Tyrogue dead in his tracks, "now use Flamethrower."

Quillava belted out a long column of fire that blasted into the immobilized Tyrogue, he was in the middle of a step when he was froze and all he could do now was watch the fire nail him across the torso leaving a huge red gash. The Speed Trap had dissolved and Tyrogue was free to move anywhere he wanted in the arena again.

"Tyrogue use Punch!" I said, Tyrogue belted Quillava across the face, "Now Multi-Punch." I had just made that term up but obviously Tyrogue had understood because he unleashed punch after punch in the gut and face, when he got up panted dozens of bruises were visible in the noon light.

"Quillava Speed Trap!" my dad said, he was using the same tactics as before, the burn on Tyrogue's chest was already slowing him down considerably but another one would pretty much end the match.

"Do something!" I yelled shielding my eyes, I could see my journey slipping away. The crowd gasped and I peaked to see a yellowish barrier surrounding Tyrogue, Tyrogue had mastered Protect. "Awesome Tyrogue, use a Multi-Kick Attack." He did the same thing with only kicks instead of punches, my dad was still in shock at how Tyrogue mastered Protect at the perfect timing.

"Use an ember!" my dad said Tyrogue was now pretty weak he was about eight levels under this Pokemon so I was surprised that he lasted this long.

"Use a Berserk!" I said, trying to finish off this battle, Tyrogue ran forward and belted out punches, kicks, uppercuts, side-kicks, round-house kicks, the list goes on and on. Quillava skidded across the arena tried to pick himself up but fell down in exhaust, I smiled.

"The winner is Jeremy," the ref said.

I had won, I was going on my Journey!
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
Well there you go please give me your honest opinion. Bye.