PDA

View Full Version : Blaziken/Gyarados help

Mister Jack
13th March 2005, 06:51 PM
Hi people, I'm working on a Blaziken named Ra Tor and was curious if anyone has any suggestions for sets, etc - currently, I'm thinking:

Nature: jolly (spd +, sp atk -)
Earthquake
Overheat
Endure
Reversal
Item: salac berry
EVs: 74 hp, 164 atk, 72 def, 72 sp def, spd 128

Also, my Gyarados, named Setaal, I'm having trouble disputing between a couple of moves:

Nature: impish (def +, sp atk -)
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Thunder Wave/Rest
Body Slam/Hyper Beam
EVs: 50 hp, 140 atk, 100 def, 160 sp def, 60 spd

Any suggestions are welcome, even if they are over-used movesets (which I know endure/reversal and DD/EQ are anyway)

Number1ChanseyFan
13th March 2005, 10:18 PM
Your Blaziken moveset is good. However, an Adamant personality would work better. Rock Slide is a another choice instead of Overheat, but either move will work fine. Put 252 EVs each in Attack and Speed, and put the other 6 into HP.

If you want more of a standard sweeper instead of an Endure/Reversal Blaziken, you could use moves like this:

Bulk Up/Swords Dance
Earthquake
Brick Break
Rock Slide/HP Rock/Focus Punch/Overheat
@Salac Berry.

Once again, Adamant personality, with the same EVs that I mentioned in the above moveset would work great.

Gyarados-With Dragon Dance, you won't really need Thunder Wave, as Dragon Dance will provide you with speed. Dragon Dance and Earthquake are great. Taunt is also a popular choice, as it provides protection from hazing/pseudohazing. As for the last move, something like Body Slam, Double-Edge, or Hidden Power Flying would be good, although trying to get a decent type/power Hidden Power in-game is rather diffcult. Adamant personality is best, with EVS of 252 each for Speed and Attack, and the other 6 in Special Defense.

Mister Jack
13th March 2005, 10:31 PM
cool...I may give rock slide a go on Blaziken, and yeah, I tried to a get a Gyarados with HP Flying, but it took forever trying to get that and the appropriate nature, so I gave up on that...thanks for the input ChanseyFan

aragornbird
19th March 2005, 02:51 PM
Overheat is pretty important on an Endure/Reversal Blaziken though, especially if these two are gonna be used in competitive battle. With the number of Gengars out there, Reversal/EQ will be useless, while Overheat benefits from STAB + Blaze (raises fire moves) + 140 Base Power.
Or you can try Fire Blast if you don't want the loss in Special Attack.
Just my thought. :)

Rabid_Cow
20th March 2005, 11:21 AM
For the Blaziken definetally go with Overheat in the last slot. I totally agree with the Gengar comment said by aragornbird.

Mister Jack
23rd March 2005, 11:46 PM
cool...thanks for the input, i believe i shall keep overheat