PDA

View Full Version : Why Do Bugs like Misty?

Lord Phillock
2nd March 2003, 05:46 AM
Hmm... I think because Bugs are attracted to water, so misty comes from a water gym, scince she lived there for a long time she got the smell from the sea, and so, Bugs like the smell.

What do you think?:confused:

Pidgeot018
2nd March 2003, 06:40 AM
You attract what you fear, and Bug-types can smell fear. But I think in Caterpie's case, it wanted to be friends with Misty.

Huh, I wonder what Misty's reaction woud be to Ametama.

Hanada Tattsu
2nd March 2003, 08:07 AM
Well, Caterpie liked Misty. He realized that she was nice and all, so he wanted to be friends. Besides, it was only a baby and for the most part, babies like who they see until the baby is either ignored or hurt.

Also, did anyone notice in the episode "Bye Bye Butterfree" when Ash left Butterfree, that Misty was not even scared of any of the Butterfree? Either the animators forgot that of her personality, or she likes Butterfree.

Anyway, yeah, nice point Pidgeot018. If she was still with Ash, we could see her reaction to Ametama. It's a bug, but it's a water type too.

Light_Togetic
2nd March 2003, 09:45 AM
I think she does like Butterfree. When it evolves, she says how pretty it is. In fact, that's how it is with lots of girls in real life. They don't like larvae, but they like Butterflies (of course, I'm a girl and I like caterpillars and larvae, but I'm kinda weird;) ). I think that bugs like Misty simply because she doesn't like them. Animals do that. There will always be that one person that doesn't like an animal, and they're the person that the animal does something to the most.

But I do think that Caterpie liked Misty and wanted to evolve fast to make her like it. That's why it evolved so fast, and Misty finally liked it! Well, whatever it is, I think it's funny!:D

Fett One
2nd March 2003, 01:02 PM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
Also, did anyone notice in the episode "Bye Bye Butterfree" when Ash left Butterfree, that Misty was not even scared of any of the Butterfree? Either the animators forgot that of her personality, or she likes Butterfree.

I also noticed this. Has anyone else ever noticed that no matter how much Misty claims to hate bug pokemon she never seems to have a problem with any of their bug pokemon. Aside from butterfree she has had no problems with venonat, scyther, heracross, and pineco. Taking this into consideration I think Misty is the type of person who while hates bug pokemon can tolerate captured pokemon because there is a very slim chance of her ever touching one, where as a wild one could try to attack her or do what caterpie did and try to touch her.

Chris 2.1
2nd March 2003, 02:12 PM
i think Misty only hates insects, like Spinarak and Caterpie and whatnot. Maybe she knew Venonat was friendly or something. I suppose they smell fear...

BenRG
2nd March 2003, 04:00 PM
I think it is something like this: Have you ever noticed if you invite someone to your house who doesn't like cats, your pet cat is all over them? I think it is like this with Misty and bugs. Remember that Pokémon are far more intelligent than most animals. I also think that they fundamentally want to be liked.

The poor bug-types can sense Misty's fear, but they don't really understand why. So they get closer to reassure her and to show them that they are really lovable creatures. Difficult for a Spinarak, I know, but they try nonetheless. :D

RyuukoAremi
2nd March 2003, 04:34 PM
The only reason bugs like Misty is IRONY and COMEDY. It wouldn't be funny if the bug pkmn didn't like Misty. It's as simple as that, ppl. =P

Scythemantis
4th March 2003, 07:21 PM
Originally posted by ShinyMarill
i think Misty only hates insects, like Spinarak and Caterpie and whatnot.

Um....what on earth do you mean? ALL bug type pokemon are based on insects except spinarak, anoposu, and their evolutions. Spiders are arachnids. I'm just confused by your post, sorry :(

Animelee
4th March 2003, 08:24 PM
It's be funny if Misty caught a Water/Bug type Pokemon, like Surskit or Masquerain, lol. I wonder what she would do, since it's a daddy-long-legs water spider, or something. I forgot the name, but my little bug-obsessed brother told me they're called "pond" somethings...!

Scythemantis
4th March 2003, 08:28 PM
They can be called pond skaters or water striders. They actually aren't spiders, daddy longlegs, or any arachnid but insects of the order hemiptera ("true bugs") with four exceptionally long legs for skating. Their third pair of legs is a set of small, mantis-like claws for holding food. They feed entirely upon drowning or drowned insects stuck in the waters surface.
:)

Incidentally though, there are several types of spiders that do the same thing.

19 and been bug-obsessed since...uh...1!