PDA

View Full Version : which is a good firewall..?

Leo
14th March 2005, 09:33 AM
i want a good and maybe free firewall..
any recomdaions? :confused:

kainashi
14th March 2005, 09:37 AM
zonealarm (http://www.download.com/ZoneAlarm/3000-10435_4-10367376.html?tag=lst-0-1) has a free version. it's probably your best bet. :)

Leo
14th March 2005, 09:42 AM
is it good does it lags your comp?

Kirei
14th March 2005, 09:53 AM
I was going to suggest zone alarm too. Yes, it is good, and quite customisable although I found it really annoying when browsing neopets though I don't go there any more.
It has never lagged my comp except it takes a little longer to start up because I wait for it to start too now, but we're only talking seconds:196:

Neoleonightz
14th March 2005, 03:11 PM
kainashi edit: do not promote warez

fat man with a monkey
14th March 2005, 03:59 PM
I don't suggest listening to neoleonights, since that would be very wrong and illegal. Zonealarms is a VERY good firewall, and it doesn't produce any noticable lag that I can see. At first, it'll be a little annoying, securing all of your programs for internet access, but after that it's fuckin awesome.

Leo
14th March 2005, 06:27 PM
i have just installed the zonealarm...
now the problem is i can't get it to connect to msn..
pls help!

fat man with a monkey
14th March 2005, 06:34 PM
can you possibly elaborate on what you mean? Please take all possible steps to use correct grammar, punctuation, spelling, and capitalisation. It makes it easier for us to help you.

Leo
14th March 2005, 06:40 PM
ok here is what happen.
before installing zonealarm i log out of my msn messangaer to prevent it from lagging my computer. As expected it zonearlarm ask mi tons of stuff and when it came to the msn i allow its access.But when i tried to log on it msn is giving mi connection error messages.
pls help.

fat man with a monkey
14th March 2005, 06:51 PM
alright, try rebooting.
Next, try opening up the control panel (double-click on the zone alarms icon on your start menu)
Go to program control on the sidebar. After you do that, check what all of your settings are for MSN messenger. I use pro, so my instructions may be different than you need, I don't know. Here's a screenshot, in any case. Red box. If that doesn't work, try updating MSN.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v310/kusajamey/zalarm.jpg

Leo
14th March 2005, 07:18 PM
yah!
it worked..!
i love it!
super strong protectioN!
i am going to get mine upgraded!
*Leo runs off to papa*
^^

fat man with a monkey
14th March 2005, 07:23 PM