PDA

View Full Version : Whow did Gary get his Cheerleaders?

Lord Phillock
2nd March 2003, 05:52 AM
Hmm that's a mistery... He's just a normal kid in Pallet! How could he get them?:confused:

ILikePokemonP
2nd March 2003, 05:53 AM
Maybe Oak wanted him to have other interests :D

Hanada Tattsu
2nd March 2003, 08:09 AM
Well, during the first season of Pokemon, there was a novel out (not to be confused with a manga graphic novel) of Pokemon in Japan that gave special backstory.

Through it, we know that Ash's dad and grandfather were Pokemon trainers, but we also know that Prof. Oak was friends with the mayor of Pallet Town, so the mayor did him a favor and gave Gary a car, a driver, and a bunch of girls. :D

However, anyone notice that they flew the coop after Gary lost? They lost respect for him! :D

Light_Togetic
2nd March 2003, 09:36 AM
Gary's cheerleaders leaving was for the best I think. I mean, that's around the time he stopped being a complete jerk! And I didn't know that the Japanese had stuff on backstory! Why don't they do cool things like that in America?:(

PAK Man
2nd March 2003, 01:56 PM
I don't know where he got the cheerleaders, but I know I'm glad that they left. Everytime Gary lost a battle, they would start crying. As Misty said in The Battle for the Badge, "If I cried like that everytime Ash lost, I'd be water-logged!"

So Gary lost against Giovanni. He already had eight badges! His battle agains Giovanni was just to get some experience (and he wanted to have more badges than Ash.)

Ultimate Pikachu
2nd March 2003, 05:14 PM
He lost to Mewtwo when fighting Giovanni.

The Rusted One
3rd March 2003, 08:00 PM
In fact, he had 10 badges already. He was just being a braggart and beating as many leaders as he could - and he lost to Giovanni, as he tried to get his 11th badge.

That actually makes me think of something else...why did Gary not try to get his Earth badge when he first went through Viridian? Ash's excuse, apparently, is stupidity and ignorance, but Gary also didn't get an Earth badge when he passed through Viridian - so what's his excuse?

dragon684
4th March 2003, 09:20 AM
Originally posted by The Rusted One
In fact, he had 10 badges already. He was just being a braggart and beating as many leaders as he could - and he lost to Giovanni, as he tried to get his 11th badge.

That actually makes me think of something else...why did Gary not try to get his Earth badge when he first went through Viridian? Ash's excuse, apparently, is stupidity and ignorance, but Gary also didn't get an Earth badge when he passed through Viridian - so what's his excuse?
He probably realised he didn't have strong enough pokes and wetn training. The nearby pokemon where to weak( all bugs after all) and he continued his path.

HEY IT COULD HAPPEN

Max Blaze aka AT#2
5th March 2003, 09:58 PM
Originally posted by Light_Togetic
Why don't they do cool things like that in America?:(

Because they hate us.....

T M Pikachu
5th March 2003, 10:55 PM
Ha ha ha now that one's funny. I don't think they hate us. They were probably too lazy to translate it or didn't want to confusing people since the dub goes far off the book for example Brock's "dead" mother.

Hmm I always wondered about where his cheerleaders came from. But am more curious where they went. Don't they come back for the Silver Convention? Hmmm maybe Gary has ties with girls somehow. :shrugs: