PDA

View Full Version : Sevii Island Question

PokePaul
20th March 2005, 07:39 PM
In the last island, Island 7, right by the Pokemon center there is a house with a woman sitting inside - I noticed that there was a doorway on the end wall blocked by boxes and the A button brings up "A cool wind is blowing through it" (or something similiar) ... does anybody know whats behind it & how to get through the boxes??? I haven't a clue .........

Thanx.

The Blue Avenger
20th March 2005, 07:39 PM
I think that that is the place that you can go to do the E-Reader card battles... I could be wrong though.

Andrew
20th March 2005, 07:46 PM
The Blue Avenger is correct.

Poryhedron
21st March 2005, 12:58 PM
Yeah, it's the same sort of thing as the old man in Mossdeep in Ruby/Sapphire.

Bloody_Snow
13th July 2005, 10:22 PM
no, the altering cave is for the e-reader

the box thing could have something to do with islands 8 and 9

Number1ChanseyFan
13th July 2005, 10:51 PM
I am pretty sure that the boxes in the Island 7 house is for the e-reader battles.

As for Island 8, (Navel Rock) you need the Mystic Ticket to get to it, and for Island 9, (Birth Island) you need an Aurora Ticket. They are supposed to be given away at Nintendo promos in the future. I think that Aurora Tickets were given away at the NYPC a few months ago. Mystic Tickets will be given away between July 14-17 at the San Diego Convention Center.

Bloody_Snow
13th July 2005, 10:55 PM
seriously man, i know the altering cave is for the e-reader
it maybe different in the canada/us, but it is in australia

that guy with the boxes is just a tease.

talk to everyone in the game and they say you can catch rare pokemon in the altering cave.
look at the name:

alter -ing cave
(pokemon alter due to e-readers)
:mad:

Number1ChanseyFan
13th July 2005, 11:10 PM
Yes, different Pokémon can be caught in the Altering Cave, at first, there are only Zubat, but after using the Nintendo WonderSpots in real life, the Pokémon that are found inside change, into either Mareep, Houndour, Stantler, Smeargle, Pineco, Aipom, Shuckle, or Teddiursa... at least, this is how it works in the US

Gagome
14th July 2005, 03:58 AM
seriously man, i know the altering cave is for the e-reader
it maybe different in the canada/us, but it is in australia

that guy with the boxes is just a tease.
Sorry, but the e-reader function has been completely removed in FR/BG/Emerald in the non japanese versions. I have even tried to use the e-reader (with a Ruby battle card) with BG and it doesn't work. Whenever you select Mystery Gift the game complains that the wireless adapter is not connected. So, there is no way to connect the e-Reader to the game.

Altering cave has nothing to do with the e-reader. And the boxes on island 7 have no function in the non japanese versions. Only in the japanese version you can use the japanese e-Reader+ with japanese e-Reader battle cards to get a trainer into the game similar like in Mossdeep City in R/S.