PDA

View Full Version : The AniVerse: Re-re-revival!

VirtualPlay
21st March 2005, 11:15 PM
Because I was bored, because I haven't posted an RPG in ages, and because I really liked this RPG of mine.

The AniVerse
-~-~-~-~-
A soft breeze ruffles through your hair as the sun slowly reaches towards the horizon. As the last Friday of Summer Vacation draws closer to ending, you're enjoying it by spending a day in the park. You try pushing the unbearable thought of school the following Monday out of your head.

Unfortunately, your peaceful day is about to be turned completely upside-down.

Without any warning, the ground suddenly drops out from beneath you. You are thrown into total darkness as you fall and fall...forever it seems. Just when you think you can't take any more falling, you pass out.

When you come to, you feel alright. Nothing seems to be broken from what you can feel. Slowly you open your eyes...and get a huge shock. Everything around you, trees, grass, water, even you, seems to have been drawn, Animé style.

But not only does everything look like an Animé, it also acts like one, too. Hammerspace is really there; sweatdrops really do get insanely huge.

You have entered "The AniVerse."

It doesn't take long for you to find out that you aren't the only one who came through to this world. You find others, people you knew from your old world. You find out that you all live on the same street, and that your houses and family are totally different. After a while you figure you might be able to get used to this, even though school is still a reality.

However, you weren't, as some may think, all brought here by coincidence. The other aspect of most Animé, the looming bad guy, is also here in this world. He brought you to this world, for some unknown reason, and he also wants to take over this strange world.

What will you do?
-~-~-~-~-

============
Before anyone signs up, I have to issue a couple warnings.

This RPG is very unpredictable, as it is a very open RPG. Therefore, I have to warn you that this might turn to mature content, or it might just be an easy reading RPG. But for the sake of security, only sign up if you can deal with mature content.

Also, I reserve the right to bar anyone from my RPG whom I feel does not post with enough quality or with enough thought to their posts.

Thank you.
============

----------

Sign-up Form
Name: (First Last)
Grade: (what grade in high school is your character in)
Personality: (keep it simple, but not so simple others don't know how to use your character)
Relationships: (bf/gf, crush, just friends)
Appearance: (what you looked like originally and what changed; don't worry about too much detail on your "real world" appearance as we won't be seeing it much)
Favorite thing about the AniVerse: (just out of curiosity, what change do you like the most?)
Least favorite thing about the AniVerse: (guess what to put here?)
Other: (...)

----------

Sign-up Form
Name: Michelle Randeth
Grade: Senior
Personality: She's overall rather down to earth, aside from a few random bouts of crazy hyperness. She's the "smart and aware" animé girl stereotype, but inserted in a "ditzy cute" animé girl stereotypical body. She isn't exactly a tomboy, but she doesn't like the *ahem* "attention" from some/most of the boys and makes it known when she can.
Relationships: Good friends with Kyoko and hangs out with her a lot. (if PoL doesn't mind, of course)
Appearance: Originally around 5'6" tall, with slightly curly and frizzy dark brown hair that's down to her shoulder blades, bright green eyes, and a fair skin complexion; she wore a mix of clothes, usually mid-thigh- to knee-length skirts or capri to full-length jeans, a t-shirt or baby-doll shirt of some matching color, and a pair of white sneakers over white or matching-color socks. In the AniVerse she looks very similar, except she's slightly taller (at 5'9") and her hair is now sleek and shiny and not frizzy at all (but still slightly curly), however she has suffered from the annoying curse of cute animé girls and has gained quite a bit in front (though it doesn't hurt much more, if at all); for clothes she wears the same basic things, although more of the clothes she has are towards the "short" variety (which she's kind of annoyed for the 'fanservice' aspect of it).
Favorite thing about the AniVerse: Shiny hair that never looks horrible
Least favorite thing about the AniVerse: How she looks and feels "bigger" than before.
Other: eh

----------

Initially, I will not be limiting the number of people who can join, but I am limiting the number of characters per person to 1 each. If there are too many people joining, I will close the sign-ups, but if not enough people are joining I will allow a second character per person.

----------

Characters

~Seniors:
Michelle Randeth
Kyoko Hisakawa
Kantan Yume

~Juniors:
Jeff Azure
Noboru Ono

~Sophomores:
Ayome Hitoshi

~Freshmen:
Marke Protige

Haruko
21st March 2005, 11:50 PM
Name: Kyoko Hisakawa
Grade: Senior*
Personality: When she doesn't know you, Kyoko can be very shy. However..if she does know you, she does a complete 180 in her personality. She's open, and tends to easily show her emotions. She is quite the tomboy, and hates it when boys make fun of her because of it. She lovesss anime, except that a lot of the girls have big breasts and all the male-fan-service.
Relationships: Know's 'Kan' from school, with talking to him a few times to him being in a few of her classes. Is also good friends with Michelle and does hang out with her a lot.[Like after her soccer practice, but that'd be during school]
Appearance:
Originally: Around 6'0"[She's called a giant at school, but her height is mainly because she comes from a tall family], Kyoko normally wears jeans or khaki's whenever she isn't at school, and normally wears blue tops, even sky blue tops. She stay's far away from pink. Her hair is black and her appearance is Japanese-like[with the eyes and all..], with her eyes being a soft brown. Her skin is fair and soft to the touch. She's flatchested, and proud of it. Her hair goes down to her shoulders and is normally worn in a ponytail.
Ani-Verse: Shrinking to around 5'8", Kyoko sorta boasts...a girlish figure/outfit. Her chest isn't really big, but they're not small either[So think..er..a American DD cup? Or a D cup.]. She wears a light pink shirt with somewhat baggy khaki pants[Which might be the only non-girly thing on her], and her shoes are white/pink sneakers. Her hair is longer now aswell, to her waist, and she has curves. Her eyes remain brown.
Favorite thing about the AniVerse: Almost everything, with everything being drawn, to her having a new family.
Least favorite thing about the AniVerse: Her having breasts. And curves and a shirt that shows them. That and any fan-service.
Other: *swings bat at Other*

Wheeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee...I remember this. :love:

Edit -- I've been thinking bout this a lot, and came up to the conclusion to make Kyoko a Senior...How can that work when she's only 16? Simple, she's born in October[the 22nd, to be precise]. So therefore, she'll turn 17 in the beginning of the school year.

VP, if you have a problem with this, PM me or IM me.

Prof. Jb Wolf
22nd March 2005, 02:47 AM
Kind of funny really...I was just thinking about this and whoomp here it is!

Name: Kantan Yume or "Kan"
Grade: Senior
Personality: Kantan is simple, honest, and to be truthful somewhat dense at times. He tries not to hide behind masks, being quite blunt with his feelings which can be quite troublesome at times. Subtleties and innuendos are usually lost on him, so its often better if you tell him right out what your trying to say. Sometimes he loses himself in daydreams, but a konk to the head (literally in the AniVerse) will usually restore him to normal. He's a true friend, giving his trust freely to others and is fierecly loyal to those who reciprocate such trust.
Relationships: Knows Kyoko, having a few classes with her and chatted with her a few times.
Appearance:

Originally ~ Stood about average height and weight with a somewhat stout build. His hair was a bit long, coming just to mid-ear and was a black going prematurely white. Eyes were a light shade of green and could be considered somewhat 'cute'. Wore glasses as he was a near-sighted. Normally wore a shirts and polo shirts of varying hues and colors.

AniVerse ~ Not only having grown to six feet in height, Kantan is quite shocked to find that he has been, as he puts it, "bishiefied". His hair has turned a silver-gray and grown to come down just past his ears. Two longer locks of hair grown just in front of his ears, framing his 'pretty boy' face. His eyes have not changed color and neither has his sense of style, simple shirts and polos besides the school uniform (Which he finds oddly comfortable in). As well, his body has filled out, becoming quite lean and muscular, yet still retaining a sense of slenderness. No longer needs glasses, but somes times puts on a pair of ruby-tinted sunglasses.

Favorite thing about the AniVerse: The overexaggeration and near invulnerability of his body.
Least favorite thing about the AniVerse: Is a bit miffed aobut being 'bishiefied' and the whole 'nose bleed' thing. That fact that he seems to be quite susceptible to it doesn't help him a whole lot.
Other: Practiced a bit of kendo in the real world, but in the AniVerse he is now the practioner of some family art.

EDIT: There we go, better?

ChobiChibi
22nd March 2005, 11:29 AM
Ooh! I saw this last time. You closed the sign ups before i got the chance to ><
Please can you save me a spot? I'll get to my sign up asap ^^

The Blue Avenger
22nd March 2005, 04:50 PM
Sign-up Form
Name: Jeff Azure
Grade: 11th (Junior)
Personality: Jeff is normally bright and cheerful, but he also has a tendency towards the sarcastic. If someone gets him angry, though, his temper will flare and he will cold-heartedly attack them with a barrage of taunts and insults. Thankfully, though, Jeff can keep himself from becoming angry most of the time. He also makes friends quickly and easily, and is normally very outgoing.
Relationships: Hey, whaddya know, he's single
Appearance:

-Original: Jeff originally had brown hair that hung just over his eyes. His eyes were brown as well, and he had a small pair of glasses. He normally wore a polo shirt and khakis, as well as a pair of boots. He stood at around 5'11 and was, while not overweight, not skinny either.

-AniVerse: Jeff now stands at 6'2. His brown hair is bushier and a little longer, and his glasses now have a green tint to them and take up a good part of his face. He now wears a yellow polo shirt with a blue bow-tie and blue gloves. He wears a pair of blue shorts and his boots are now metallic, they reach to the knee, and they have wheels. He is also a tad skinnier. See him here. (http://www.smashboards.com/fzero/pilotpics/digi-boy.jpg)

Favorite thing about the AniVerse: He likes being taller and skinner, and he loves the boots. The hammerspace isn't bad either.
Least favorite thing about the AniVerse: He absolutely hates the glasses.
Other: Jeff in the real world used to be a video game addict and is thrilled that he is in that world now, kinda.

VirtualPlay
22nd March 2005, 05:13 PM
Um, you guys do realize that Hammerspace is girls-only, right?

Kyoko: Yep, you're fine, no problems with me. :yes:

Kantan: Just remember that you don't have Hammerspace and you're all set. :yes:

PokemonLuver: I'll save a space for you for a couple days (starting from when you posted). If you don't post by then and everyone else fills up the slots, then you'll miss out again. :wave:

Jeff: Well, I'm kinda against the semi-robotic look for your character; I don't mind the oversized glasses (though they're a little too green for my taste), but the gloves are already pushing it. See, I've got plans for the RPG (unlike when I first made it ages ago) and your appearance is kinda interfering with them slightly. Make him look like, oh I dunno, a normal animé character? Until you fix that, it's gonna have to be a no. (And don't forget that you don't get Hammerspace either.) :no:

The Blue Avenger
22nd March 2005, 05:21 PM
Okay, sure.

Name: Jeff Azure
Grade: 11th (Junior)
Personality: Jeff is normally bright and cheerful, but he also has a tendency towards the sarcastic. If someone gets him angry, though, his temper will flare and he will cold-heartedly attack them with a barrage of taunts and insults. Thankfully, though, Jeff can keep himself from becoming angry most of the time. He also makes friends quickly and easily, and is normally very outgoing.
Relationships: Hey, whaddya know, he's single.
Appearance:

-Original: Jeff originally had brown hair that hung just over his eyes. His eyes were brown as well, and he had a small pair of glasses. He normally wore a polo shirt and khakis. Jeff normally wore tennis shoes. He stood at around 5'11 and was, while not overweight, not skinny either.

-AniVerse: Jeff now stands at 6'2. His brown hair is a little longer, and it is spikier as well - a large spike spikes up from the back of his head, almost like a cowlick. His glasses now take up a much larger portion of his face and are tinted so that people can't see through them. He now wears a long sleeved plain blue shirt, and he wears a dark blue - almost black - vest over it. He wears a pair of blue jeans as well. Jeff is a lot lankier now, too - he's not nearly as thick as he was before. His shoes have been replaced by sandals.

Favorite thing about the AniVerse: He likes being taller and skinnier, and he thinks the hair is pretty cool too. Of course, he also loves how everything looks like something out of his video games (see other).
Least favorite thing about the AniVerse: He absolutely hates the glasses.
Other: Jeff in the real world used to be a video game addict and is thrilled that he is in that world now, kinda.

Izzat better?

VirtualPlay
22nd March 2005, 05:30 PM
TBA: Much better. In fact, very nice description. Thanks :) :yes:

PoL: please check my sign-up and tell me if you agree with my edit :)

EngiMatikul
23rd March 2005, 09:37 PM
Name: Marke Protige
Grade: Freshman
Personality: IRL, his personality is more of silent and submissive type. He does not have lots of friends and does not express a great deal of emotion. He is quite intelligent and participates in the honors courses, but he also does have an appreciation for anime and the sorts. When he arrives in the Aniverse, however, his emotional aspects seem to be greatly exaggerated. Now he is inclined to cry over anything he feels sad about, become overwhelmingly cheerful when there are happy times, and is suddenly infused with massive intelligence of both "regular" knowledge and random things that are going on in the anime world. He has no idea why he suddenly knows that the group is approaching a trap that will teleport them into a complicated maze where there is no way out (for example), but he will still be inclined to warn them even though he also knows that they would not heed his advice would still fall into the trap anyway.
Appearance: Initially, he was just a premature adolescent going through puberty, somewhat geekish looking with his messy black hair, small eyes and acne-spotted face. Now, his acne is all gone (yay!) and replaced with permanent blush just beneath his eyes (boo...), his hair is suddenly brown and handsomely combed, and his eyes become huge and sparkling blue, only to become further enlarged whens tears swell up and he forms the irresistible "puppy dog" face when his emotions become expressed. His body is now the body of a 7 year old child; he wears a long sleeved shirt with a sweater that's slightly too big for him ("it wasn't too big before I got here!"). His appearance has the tendancy to make every girl that sees him go "KAWAII!!!" but never make ANYONE take him seriously.
What he likes best: His sudden increase in his IQ and intelligence.
What he dislikes the most: Somewhere in between expressing his emotions in an overly exaggerated and cute way, having the girls all glomp him because of his expressions and no one taking him seriously.
Other: His crying increases local allied females' attack power by 150%!!!!

VirtualPlay
23rd March 2005, 10:54 PM
Marke: Accepted, of course. We are indeed traversing the wide range of anime characters. :yes:

ChobiChibi
24th March 2005, 03:35 PM
Name: Ayome Hitoshi
Grade: Sophomore
Personality: Ayome is a somewhat intelligent girl and is also a little shy. She always has answers to questions and is relied upon by many people. You could call her a bit of a pushover. In the AniVerse, however, this changes. She finds that she can speak for herself. She's a little slower than usual, but the intelligence is still there. She can finally losen up a bit and have fun.
Relationships: None, but open ^^
Appearance:
~Before: Ayome had long ginger hair that went half way down her back. She was 5'4'' with an average body shape. She had freckles across her nose and on her cheeks. Her eyes were a dull shade of green.
~After: Her hair is now sholder length and pale blue in layers. Her freckles are still there, but there are a lot fewer of them. She is now 5'7'' and she now has a little more shape to her body. Her eyes are more of a teal or aqua shade of green and are a lot rounder and playful looking. When out of the school uniform, she normally wears t-shirts with witty or sarcastic comments on them such as "All your hammerspace are belong to us". Also, she wears jeans and sneakers.
Favorite thing about the AniVerse: Hammerspace mostly... And the bishies.
Least favorite thing about the AniVerse: Wearing almost the same clothes in every episode...
Other: Nothing

Fai D. Flowright
24th March 2005, 04:47 PM
This sounds both interesting and comical at the same time! ^_^ Reserve me a spot as a Junior and I'll have a form up ASAP.

Thanks Mike! ^_^

VirtualPlay
24th March 2005, 08:29 PM
Ayome: you're good, although you won't have to suffer from the "same thing every time" syndrome of most animé (think Sakura from CCS: she wore lots of different outfits outside of her school uniform). However, if you want your character to suffer from that, I have no problem with it. :yes:

Tsukasa: Sure *reserves* make sure you get it up soon. :wave:

And I think I'm going to close it at that. No more sign-ups (besides Tsukasa) and I'll start it as soon as he posts his form.

Fai D. Flowright
25th March 2005, 12:27 AM
Name: Noboru Ono (aka Nobu)
Grade: Junior
Personality: In the real world, Noboru would flaunt with the ladies, but it would get him nowhere special with responses like, "How nice, now go away" and "Cute, but I'm..... Busy." Now that he is in the AniVerse, things have changed. Several of his comments have become a bit more lude, creating overwhelmed blushing and them pulverization for his highly suggestive comments. Nobu is more likely to defend any woman over a guy, no matter how defenseless they may be. He truely can be trusted to his more "honorable" words though.
Relationships: He considers any girl to be a "good friend" (even if they hold him as an acquaintance). He's willing to become friends with anyone though and is still searching for someone that won't hurt him when he comes onto her.
Appearance: See attachment for new appearance. The only major difference from his old self was that he had dark brown hair and eyes, instead of blue. He does have the Bishie appearance, just not the personality to match.
Favorite thing about the AniVerse: Being able to openly see other's emotions and *possibly* react.
Least favorite thing about the AniVerse: Hammerspace... XD *backs away slowly*
Other: *comes on to Other* *Other uses her Hammerspace* NYEH-GEH! *runs*

VirtualPlay
25th March 2005, 12:42 AM
Noboru: Alrighty, that looks good indeed. Amusing, too. Girls, get your Hammerspace ready... >=) :yes:

Well then, as soon as I get a post written up (which will not be until after work tomorrow) we can start.

MToolen
26th March 2005, 01:11 AM
Waiit! Any chance I can join?

Name: Mainichi Sodesu
Grade: Freshman
Personality: Never a dull moment with this guy. Mainichi is extremely clumsy and only laughs at himself when he trips up. However, he won't stand for wrongs made against him or others.
Relationships: gf, left in original universe
Appearance: 5'8", curly blonde hair, blue eyes; changes to sea green eyes. Wardrobe (now) consists of loosely-tied blue vest over white long-sleeved shirt with blue pants (almost bell-bottom ending) and flat-bottomed wooden sandals.
Favorite thing about the AniVerse: all of my expressions are used normally now!
Least favorite thing about the AniVerse: gf not here :sorry:
Other: wow, haven't done one of these in a while

VirtualPlay
27th March 2005, 02:04 AM
Sorry, but "No more sign-ups" means just that. Seven people is plenty, and it's just enough as well.

The original (the one that got started when we had the EZBoard) had ten characters played by about seven people, and while everyone posted fairly regularly, the characters sometimes collided with each other too much, as in there wasn't enough said and too many people saying it.

Don't worry, if I get enough time in between everything else I'm doing, I might have a second RPG out here as well.