PDA

View Full Version : GS: TLA Help (Best Equipment)

Perfect Chaos
23rd March 2005, 09:30 PM
Yeah, title explains it all. Weapons are the one item that I have a basic idea on what I should have for each character. Right now what my plan is:

Isaac: Dark Sword (and all the other gear forged from the Dark Matter and then equip him with the Cleric's Ring) or scratch that idea and just hand him the Sol Blade

Felix: Sol Blade (if Issac gets all the forged Dark Matter stuff) or Excalibur (if Isaac gets Sol Blade)

Garet: Fire Brand (plain and simple, best Mars-based weapon for him)

Piers: Here's the main d00d I'm having problems with (ironic enough, one of my favorite characters). As of now, I can't decide between either the Masamune or the Mythril Blade. I mean I know the Masamune is like 1 point higher in ATK strength but I still can't decide. I've also heard that giving Piers Excalibur is also a good idea (especially with the whole Isaac/Felix thing mentioned above) but I'm trying to get the best weapon for each character based on their element, so I'm not too sure

Jenna: Thinking Atropos' Rod but also been told to use Tisiphone Edge for her too. Again, not sure

Ivan: Pretty sure I'm going with Lachesis' Rule unless other suggestions are made of course

Sheba: See Ivan

Mia: Mostly likely the Nebula Wand, but again, open to suggestions.

As you can see, I'm only weapons, but when it comes to all the other armor stuff, I'm completely lost and confused. Major suggestions are more than welcome. Thanks a bunch

-$∑@π

Shadow Djinn
23rd March 2005, 10:45 PM
Hm. Well, I have a Felix and an Issac. Felix has a Dark Sword. Issac has the Sol Blade. The Dark Sword bests the Sol Blade by a meager, but I find using Felix not very fun because hsi damage, compared to Issac, is inferior. I think just try and get another weapon like Excalibur...I can't remember if you forge Excalibur. Dark Sword's unleash compared to Megido is pretty bad.

EDIT: Tisiphone Edge. Definitely.

The Blue Avenger
24th March 2005, 06:36 AM
Any unleash with the exception of Excalibur when compared to Megiddo is bad. And yes, you do forge Excalibur. So if you can pick up enough Orihalcos (the gold-forging-stuff, right?) from the dragons in Dullahan's dungeon, you could get all of the Excaliburs you need.

Musourenka
24th March 2005, 08:19 AM
Yeah, Dark Sword might be stronger, but Meggido from Sol Blade just demolishes everything. Isaac's got the Dark Sword and Felix has Sol Blade on my game.

I have three Tisiphone Edges and I have them equipped with Jenna, Piers, and Ivan. The special attack is wind elemental (compared to Masamune's water element special), but it has 17 points higher attack (178 vs. Masamune's 161).

I don't think I have Excalibur for some reaon. Looks like it's time to do some forging.

Perfect Chaos
24th March 2005, 08:32 AM
Well, I already have one Excalibur at this point (equipped on Felix). And I think the unleash from Tisiphone Edge are Venus(Earth)-elemental, not Jupiter(Wind)-elemental.

Now that we've made some clearance on the weapons, what about suggestions on armor for each character?

phaedrus
24th March 2005, 10:35 PM
oh man. didn't i already do this for you last time? lol. here's my entire setup -Sheba (who is a djinnmule at this moment. this is my maxxxx setup. i spent at least 600+ hours on this game lol. PM me if you want how my Djinn are arranged.

Isaac-Protector (Att/Heal)
SolBlade/MythrilHelm/RiotGloves/ValkyrieMail/HyperBoots/GoldenShirt/GoldenRing

Garet-Paladin (Att/Heal)
TisiphoneEdge/MythrilHelm/RiotGloves/MythrilClothes/HyperBoots/RunningShirt/FairyRing

Mia-Pure Mage (Heal+++/SecAtt)
Lachesis'Rule/PsychicCirclet/RiotGloves/IrisRobe/DragonBoots/RunningShirt/GuardianRing

Felix-Ronin (Att/StatBoost)
Excalibur/MythrilHelm/RiotGloves/MythrilClothes/HyperBoots/RunningShirt/WarRing

Jenna-War Adept (StatBoost/Att)
Lachesis'Rule/DemonCirclet/RiotGloves/MythrilClothes/HyperBoots/SilkShirt/Cleric'sRing

Ivan-Necromage (Caster/Something)
TisiphoneEdge/BeserkerBand/TitanGloves/MysteriousRobe/DragonBoots/MythrilShirt/Tomegathericon

Piers-Guru (Luck+/Something)
Excalibur/FloatingHat.CrownOfGlory/CosmosShield/PhantasmalMail/DragonBoots/MythrilShirt

Sheba-Magician (MULE)
Atropos'Rod/PsychicCirclet.FloatingHat/ClearBracelet/Triton'sWard/DragonBoots/MythrilShirt/Trident

some bolded for classification/worthless items.

edit: basically 9-of-a-kind really blows.