PDA

View Full Version : Marowak moveset discussion

Misdreavus
24th March 2005, 01:10 AM
Hey. I'm about to raise a Marowak and am having a dilemma as to what it's final move should be.

Marowak:
Earthquake
Rock Slide
Double Edge
???
@ Thick Club

ability: Rock Head
EVS: 106 HP, 252 atk, 152 sp def
nature: adamant

I'm not trying to break the rules and ask for a moveset without posting a team... I do not have a team to post yet as I have not finalized all of my decisions. I'd just like to open this up for discussion as to what each of you think is best for the filler move. I really don't feel like breeding for Hidden Power... seems way too random and time consuming. Personally, I think Swagger is a good one. Swords Dance is nice but I don't think he can survive the setup with his speed. After SDing, he could probably get 1 attack off before he's out. I've seen Focus Punch used, but I imagine that he would just get attacked ASAP, making it ineffective. I've also seen Aerial Ace, but do the math... a super-effective Aerial Ace is the same base power as a Double Edge. What are all of your opinions? Thanks a lot.

The Blue Avenger
24th March 2005, 06:38 AM
While I don't use Marowak often, I've heard good things about using Bonemerang as a Substitute breaker. Whether or not your team needs that, I don't know.

riot mankey
24th March 2005, 07:31 AM
Hey.

Um, i agree. Bonemerang would be good to use, but in place of earthquake. can marowak learn detect? thats a really annoying move, so it would be good. :)

i know this is a really outcasted item, but give it quick claw to boost its speed at times, since marowak is so slow. unless you like to work on your pokemon's strengths intead of weaknesses?

Sceptile_Master
24th March 2005, 07:51 AM
Aerial ace does always hit though, and doesn't take health off you. it also works against ghosts. Brick break is good. And then good ol swords dance never fails.

The Blue Avenger
24th March 2005, 09:13 AM
Well, with Rock Head, Marowak wouldn't be taking damage anyway. That was his point.

IAmCharlyBrown
27th March 2005, 01:10 AM
And I definately wouldn't replace Thick Club with Quick Claw. It has such a slim chance of actually working in the first place. And Thick Club brings Marowak's attack up so much that it's almost necessary to have it as an attachment.

Number1ChanseyFan
27th March 2005, 10:04 AM
Marowak

Adamant Personality, EVs: 252 Attack, 129 Defense, 129 Special Defense
Earthquake
Aerial Ace/Double Edge
Brick Break
Rock Slide
@Thick Club.