PDA

View Full Version : Happy Birthday TPM!

Bear
24th March 2005, 02:58 PM
Wow, coincidences abound! I was talking to my sister on AIM today, and I thought to myself "Hey, I think I'll go check on TPM." It dawned on me that TPM's 5TH birthday is today (give or take a week). I had some inspiration, so I figured I'd post the Birthday Party Topic! So, without further ado....

Good evening, ladies and gentlemen, welcome to TPM's Fifth Anniversary Party! I am your host JohnnyBear Carson, and your venue will be my home! Now fixed up and better than ever! 27 Rooms, a Ballroom, a Dining hall, and much much more! On the outside of the estate, you will find my prized vehicles. The ever present (and ever destroyed) CRX, now fitted with a new style and trappings! Alongside it, however, are parked two new beauties: Custom kit and fully sported, a metallic blue Mazda RX-8. And next to that, a vintage Oldsmobile Cutlass. But enough about my cars, as they will no doubt be the target of numerous pranks. On with the show! Among the itinerary are the following events: Storytelling (Your most memorable RPG Moments), The Anniversary Dance (Boogie down til the sun comes up), Live Concert (Metallica, The Offspring, and 311), and continuously serving Food and Beverage of all kinds! Also, following all federal laws, all those under the age of 21 will not be permitted to consume alcohol. Also, anyone who does plan to drink must first present their keys to myself or Kuro_Espeon, your co-hostess. There's plenty of places to crash for the night, so don't be afraid to paaaaaaarty! Before you may attend, you must first RSVP with the following information.

((This is the form necessary to make this an RPG))
Name -
Gender -
Age -
One or Two RPGs people may know you from -
Mode of Transportation -
Attire (What you're wearing) -
Personality -
Other -

That should suffice. Please include all forms in your introductory post. Let's rock the house!

Name - James (you can call me Bear too)
Gender - Male
Age - 21
One or Two RPGs people may know you from - The Normals, Eeveelutions
Mode of Transportation - 1969 Oldsmobile Cutlass
Attire (What you're wearing) - Since I'm the host, I am wearing a tuxedo, with 20's style trim: Top hat, spats, pocket watch, silverhead cane, monacle, and white gloves.
Appearance - Military style hair, dark brown, hazel eyes, 6'1", lean build, Tattoo on left shoulder of a tiger, underneath are the letters "U.S.M.C." for United States Marine Corps
Personality - Pretty much the most difficult person in the world to piss off, he's laid back and cheerful most of the time. Very disciplined from his training with the Marines, he doesn't take any nonsense. More likely to tell you to drop and give you 20 than get mad at you. All in all, very charismatic.
How long you've been at TPM - 4.5 years (November 2000)
Other - Lord of the Cheesecake (you simply can't beat it).

=======

"A little to the left. There, perfect!" I shouted to Sarah, who was positioning the banner over the entryway. She climbed down off the ladder and stood next to me, gazing at it.
"H-A-P-P-Y A-N-N-I-V-E-R-S-A-R-Y T-P-M" She read aloud.
"Yeah that's great, but who are the chefs?"
"Great googly moogly..." we shared an inside joke.
"So when does this thing kick off?" Sarah asked me as she poured herself a coke.
"Seven PM. I expect guests as early as six though." I replied, glancing out the window. I walked over to the bar and checked everything one more time.
"Think we got enough?" I asked Sarah. She looked down at the more than full beverage storage compartment.
"I think we'll be fine...but I can't believe you got those bands to come out!"
"Yeah, I lucked out. But fortunately my buddy EJ has connections in the music business." I said with a grin.
"Uh huh..." Sarah replied sarcastically. As she began to walk over toward the stage room, the doorbell rang.
"Oh, that must be the first guest now!"

Bulbasaur4
24th March 2005, 03:22 PM
Naughty... starting a dancey topic with out permission. I should kick your butt for this. *evil grin*
Buuuuut... considering you haven't been around in a while, I'll let it slide. Besides, I would have approved it anyway. lol

Name - Kalah
Gender - Female
Age -18
One or Two RPGs people may know you from - Pokebabies, Eeveelutions!!
Mode of Transportation - A sexy sleek Nissan Altima! mwhahaha
Attire (What you're wearing) - Might as wear some thing formal... such as my planned prom dress for May! MWHAHAHA See? Purdy! 'Tis the green one (http://www.jessicamcclintock.com/wcsstore/jmcstore1/images/sbpage41.jpg) Otherwise, about 5'8 with brown/auburn hair which reaches down past collarbone, moody ice-bitten blue eyes, tan (woo!) etc..
Personality - Can be serious, can be crazy. Likes to party and have fun but can calm down and always listen. Likes to mingle and hang out with most everyone and is quite sociable, but of course has a few core people that know her best and thus like to attack and kill her. lmao... j/k
How Long I've been at TPM: Hmm... since 6th grade, soo.. about six years? Holy crap.
Other - In the memory of Ginger, bring on the diet pepsi.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"God... I sure hope no one minds I borrowed the car!" I said to myself while driving along the many twisting roads to James and Sarah's house. It was an extremely long ride, but for some reason as I was speeding.. it didn't seem so bad. It wasn't long until I pulled along the road and arrived at their place, realizing that it was still rather early.
"Oh well... I can help with DECOR!" I thought happily, crawling out of the car and slamming the door. With a little 'beep HONK!' the car was locked and I scurried over to the front door. I rang at it, soon to find James and Sarah both answering the door at the same time.
"Hi James!" I said with a smile but then immediatly at the sight of Sarah I went into hyper-girly mode.
"SARRAAAAAH!" I sprang to life and gave her a huge hug with surprising strength despite the lack of much muscle.
"Sooo... I take it that I'm the first one here. Well that won't be long because I passed a lot of cars that seemed to all be heading this way. It was fun passing them." I said eagerly with a rather strange grin upon my face.

~~~~~~

Kuro Espeon
24th March 2005, 04:09 PM
Ah, why the heck not...

Name - Kuro (Sarah)
Gender - I am WOMAN! *roars*
Age - 18.5
One or Two RPGs people may know you from - The M-E-W series, and Spies Anonymous.
Mode of Transportation - My very own personal riding dragon (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v369/KuroEspie/uh-oh.jpg) that I keep around to keep the roughhousers in line...heh heh heh.
Attire (What you're wearing) - A chinese style dress that is black with a golden dragon pattern and black slipper-shoes. My short, wavy brown hair is decorated with a jeweled clip and I have a bangle around my right wrist. About 5'7" with hazel eyes and no make-up (I'm gorgeous enough without it! :tongue: )
Personality - Very calm and easy-going, but from the way I talks up a storm around my friends, you'd hardly guess I was an introvert! An avid user of bad puns and groaner humor (for which I have been smacked upside the head many times) but a friendly person overall.
How long have you been at TPM? - 4.5 years. (Oct. 2000) Holy shiznit... :eek:
Other - Knows when my brother (Bear/James) is full of crap and will not hesitate to mention it. :D Wuv you, bro! *mwah*

~~~~~~~~
As Kalah tackle-hugged me, I nearly lost my balance. Being glomped in a restrictive Chinese dress makes it hard to stay upright, ya know? Once she released me from the Bulbie-deathgrip I stumbled slightly but tried to gracefully regain my balance.
Just then I heard a small moan and looked down to see our cat, Natasha (aka: Ah, Satan), looking up at me with a rather irritated look on her face, obviously upset that strange humans were intruding on her territory. I glanced nervously at Kalah and back at the cat. I knew that look...
"Err...James, I'm going to put Tasha in the basement... she'll start killing things once more guests get here."
He nodded and as I picked her up (she hissed at this, but didn't struggle), I heard him say to Kalah, "It's hard having the devil for a pet..."
Kalah blinked at him and looked at the cat in my arms, opening her mouth to say what looked like "KITTY!", but I held up my hand to stop her.
"No, Kalah, trust me. It's better this way." With that I took the cat downstairs and lightly tossed her in the basement and closed the door. No sooner had I gotten back upstairs when the doorbell rang again, announcing the arrival of the next guest.

VirtualPlay
24th March 2005, 06:21 PM
Name: Mike ('though I'll respond to "VP")
One or Two RPGs people may know you from: AniVerse and Digimon: Our Final Journey (hey, it's rather big)
Mode of Transportation: Subaru Impreza WRX STi, 6-speed, white with red rims. Imported. :P Like this (http://www.auto.vl.ru/gt/pictures/imprezawrx4.jpg) but with red rims.
Attire: I'm not one for being formal, but I won't be absolutely informal. I'll be wearing a nice pair of black jeans, a black long-sleeved polo shirt, and a pair of decent black sneakers. Under my shirt I've got the Foamy Squirrely Wrath (http://www.hottopic.com/Assets/product_images/lg/238933_lg.jpg) t-shirt, so expect to see that once things get informal.
Appearance: Tall and lanky, 6'1" with a fair skin complexion. Brown hair about an inch long that simply poofs outwards. Green eyes, except for a splotch of blue in the lower right of my right eye (very noticeable if you look straight in my eyes). Always wearing my high school class ring on my right finger (it's got a green stone in a white gold ring) and my Sonic Swatch watch, which is clear and blue plastic with four blue buttons around the edge and a red button under the panel; I wear my watch on my right wrist, despite being right-handed.
Personality: Easygoing, fun, yet serious when time calls (in other words, not 'tonight'). Good friend, easy friend-maker, still shy around girls his age but tries not to show it. ^^;
How long you've been at TPM: 4 years and 10 days (March 14, 2001). Holy crap! (as per StrongBad)
Other: I've brought my iBook, and if there's any DDR get ready to be owned!

----------

"I can see why James likes his cars," I said, driving down the highway towards his party. I had my iPod mini hooked up to my car stereo and it was playing off Vertigo (by U2). I was already going fairly fast so when a black Nissan Altima went soaring by me I kind of took notice.

"Huh," I muttered as I watched it take the exit I was heading for. "Well, maybe I'll find out who it was when I get there," I added, taking the exit myself. Sure enough, when I pulled up to the house, the Altima was there. I parked behind it, grabbed my iBook, got out of and locked my car, then went up to the house.

The door opened almost immediately after I rang the bell, and there stood James, Sarah, and Kalah…and I winced when I realized how 'formal' they were compared to me. Hopefully it wouldn't matter, especially as the party went on, but still it was rather awkward being the only one not in super-dressy clothes.

Fortunately, they didn't seem to care, or even notice at that fact. Then again, they might not have gotten a good look as almost instantly Kalah leapt forward and tackled me, shouting, "Mike!! I haven't seen you in ages!" We fell backwards, landing on the sidewalk which, amazingly, didn't break my back.

"Glad…to see you too," I choked out, "but breathing would be very useful right now." She giggled and got up, smiling.

"Having fun, are we?" someone said above and behind me, and I craned my neck better to look at them.

Siderous
24th March 2005, 09:09 PM
Name - Alex
Gender - Male
Age - 18
One or Two RPGs people may know you from - Destino Reale
Mode of Transportation - I work at the house. I'm the head servant of the house.
Attire (What you're wearing) - A tuxedo: black pants, shoes, and long overcoat. White dress shirt with pleats, and a silver vest. Black, long tie.
Personality - Nice. He won't talk much; after all, he's not exactly the oldest player here, plus he's just a servant of the house.
How long have you been at TPM - Not long...
Other - I WILL dominate at DDR. Period. Oh, and I don't know that many people here...

((Before I make an actual rp post, I just wanted to make sure that it's okay for me to be your servant, James. Er, Bear. :P Otherwise, I'll edit this post to be a guest.))

Bear
24th March 2005, 09:37 PM
((OOC))

Re: Siderous - Instead of being a "servant", you can be my Maitre d'. Just as long as you have fun at the party, there's no problem!

VP - I like the British model STi much better than the American one. Do you really drive one IRL? If so, you are officially my new God. If not, well, nice choice for a fantasy car anyway :).

Sarah - We're all full of crap, eh? *winks* I didn't lie about driving an Olds Cutlass, did I?

All - I actually won't be 21 for another 6 months, but I exaggerated a bit so I could drink (it IS my house after all, and I wanna break out the vintage Glenfiddich whiskey).

Mystic_clown
24th March 2005, 10:04 PM
Name: Ben
One or Two RPGs people may know you from: Oh Heck, Destino Reale
Mode of Transportation: Bus/Walking (I haven't got my license yet).
Attire: Me not being a very formal person myself, I wear what I usually wear to these occasions. A brown, long-sleeved shirt with blue markings, a grey, sleeveless jacket, black jeans and a pair of brown sneakers. Semi-short dark brown hair, brown eyes and glasses (I'm not a nerd God dammit!!).
Personality: It varies. One minute I'm nice, funny and very friendly, the next I'm quiet and I feel as if I don't fit in. I'm generally a nice guy, really!
How long you've been at TPM: Since Ginger was a mod (I'm not sure how long ago that was).
Other: I'm bringing Guilty Gear X2 and I'm ready to DESTROY YOU!! *evil laugh.

----------------------
"That's it. Next time, I'm asking someone for a lift." I looked up to see Bear's HUGE home (or mansion for a better term).
"Geez, this guy's set for life." I headed for the door across the yard, checking all the stuff as I went.
"Guilty Gear, check. Hair done, check. Not looking like a complete nerd, check...I hope." I finally reached the door and knocked. The door opened to show Bear, Kalah, Sarah and Mike were there. I could see Alex behind them, dressed like a servant or something. Bear, Kalah and Sarah were all dressed formally, but Mike was dressed similar to me, which helped calm my nerves a bit.
"Hey guys," I said,walking in as if everything was okay. Mike and Kalah waved and Sarah gave a quick hello.
"Hey Bear," I asked, "Have you got a PS2 around here?"

Ghost
25th March 2005, 06:21 AM
Name - Billy
Gender - Male
Age - 14
One or Two RPGs people may know you from - An Apoclyptic Beginning, Old Xpokes...
Mode of Transportation - Walking >< Unless someone gives me a ride there...
Attire (What you're wearing) - Meh. I must look formal to make a good impression... A black tuxedo. The undershirt is white, and I am wearing a silver tie. I'm wearing my Vans sneakers though. I'm about 5'6, or 5'7, and I'm tan ( Don't know how.. I'm always inside) I have black hair thats spiked in the front, and I have brown eyes.
Personality - I'm usually rather shy, unless I'm around people I know. I'll usually not want to talk to people I know, but a party is a party. The only way I will talk to other people is if I am introduced by a friend.
How long you've been at TPM - 3/4 years (2001)
Other - Probably the youngest one to come...
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After I had finished riding the bus, I arrived on Bear's street. The rest of the way would be just a walk away. I was in my Tuxedo (rented, because my old one didn't fit) and I wore my Vans sneakers because I didn't feel like wearing dress shoes. I was considered to be cute, yet I had never had a girlfriend in my life (or a kiss... God damn social life). I finally arrived at Bear's mansion, which my jaw dropped at. It was huge. I wondered how much it costed.... I walked up to the front door, and rang the doorbell. When Bear answered the door, I saw behind him Kalah, Ben, Mike, Sarah, and Alex. I nodded at everyone which I did not know that well (Except Kalah) and I went and sat down on a chair.

Bear
25th March 2005, 11:03 AM
James
====

"Hey Bear, you got a PS2 in this place?" Ben asked me. I didn't expect people to be going off into seclusion so early, but hey it's his call!
"Yeah, down the hall, second door on the right." I said as I pointed toward the long hallway behind me and to my left. Ben nodded and scurried off toward the room, Guilty Gear in hand. I chose to let him be surprised by the 72 inch Big screen in there. After he disappeared around the corner, I spun around to face my other guests.
"Well, since yall are still a bit early, care to have a seat and chat?" I said to them, walking over to the bar to grab some cups and soda.
"Just find a spot, there's plenty of sofas and chairs." I motioned toward the center of the main hall, where there were several couches and Lay Z Boys positioned in a big circle. They all went and sat down.
"So, what does everyone want to drink? We have pretty much anything imaginable." I asked them universally, plopping down 6 glasses on the table.

Mystic_clown
25th March 2005, 04:25 PM
Ben
--------------------------
I stared up in awe at the 72 inch screen tv. I knew this guy was loaded, but holy crap. I'd give anything for a tv of this size. Getting ver it quickly, I slipped Guilty Gear in and had a few quick pratice rounds. I wanted to be in top form when I pummeled everyone. I smile as I remembered beating my friends continuously back in Australia. Aftre beating down Potemkin for the second time, I thought I'd have a break, and see what the others were doing. I went out to the main hall to see everyone layign back in Lay Z Boy recliners have a few drinks and chating amongst themselves. I sat down on a couch some distance away from them. hey seemed to be enjoying themselves and I didn't want to interupt. I looked around the great hall, admiring the place. How the heck did Bear get hold of this place?

VirtualPlay
25th March 2005, 05:04 PM
Ben: You don't want to know. ;)

James: Actually, by "imported" I kinda meant from Japan. :P And yeah, it's only my dream car.

----------

After noticing Alex and meeting Ben, James invited us to sit and have a drink. Ben left down the hall, but the rest of us went over to the Lay-Z-Boys and couches. James said he had pretty much any drink we could think of.

I heard a couple drinks go by I hadn't even heard of, but I just got some water. If there was going to be DDR later, soda wouldn't be very good for me. Besides, water would actually help me not to gain weight if I ate a lot later on in the night.

Ben came back a few minutes later, sitting down a fair distance from the rest of us. He looked around with a rather intrigued look on his face. I looked around too, but wasn't as intrigued as he seemed to be. I had been here before, it was just a little bigger than last time. Considering James, that was to be expected.

Oh yeah, I had a question…

"Hey James," I started when there was a lull in the chatter, "you got any DDR in this place? I mean the real stuff, not the 'home version' with the soft pads and such."

Kuro Espeon
25th March 2005, 06:32 PM
Kuro/Sarah:
~~~~~~~
At the mention of the word "DDR" my attention was immedietly sparked. I jumped up out of my seat with an enthusiastic:
"HELLZ YEAH!!"
Everyone seemed to jump a little at my sudden outburst.
"All for DDR follow me!" I lead the way down one of the many hallways to a large room in west wing. Inside was a screen that spanned almost the entire wall and set up were several metal DDR pads. I flipped on the game and instantly jumped onto one of the pads.
"I shall do the honors of accepting the first challange!!" I called out. Stretching out for the upcoming TPM DDR-Fest 2005!

Siderous
25th March 2005, 06:49 PM
Edit: Ack! I had this huge reply, but now people moved while I was typing it... Oh well... hold on, I'm editing...

"Oh crap, I'm late!" Alex thought, hastily but carefully arranging the last of the napkins on the snack table. Many guests had already arrived, and Alex hadn't welcomed them in yet. He straightened his tie, and strode over to the "DDR room."

James and the others were preparing to play right when Alex was approaching.
"Ah, Alex!" called James, "Bring us some drinks, will you? I'll take a scotch... no, wait. This is a very special occasion; bring me the vintage Glenfiddich whiskey, will you?"
"Yes, sir," Alex replied with a little bow. He turned slightly to face the others. "And will our guests be taking any?"
"I'll take another water," said a tall, brown haired teenager. He looked older than Alex, but not by much. Probably just a year or two.
"A water would be fine," replied Sarah. She was the co-hostess of the party; Alex was instructed to follow her orders as well.
"I'll take a water, too" answered a rather pretty girl in a green dress. "I'm not old enough to drink, and I don't want to accidently spill something on this dress. Besides, we're playing DDR!"
"Of course," Alex said, taking a second small bow. He walked away briskly, and returned almost immediately with the drinks. As he was returning, however, he spotted another guest sitting alone, so--after handing the guests their drinks--Alex made his way over to the loner.
"Welcome, sir," Alex started, getting the guest's attention, "my name is Alex. I'd be most pleased if I could fetch you a drink, or perhaps a small snack while you're, uh... waiting?" Alex stammered, not sure why the guest was sitting all alone with the others not too far off.