PDA

View Full Version : A few of my pokemon need some advice...

riot mankey
26th March 2005, 02:26 PM
Yeah. Move sets. I'm not very good at this... some help please? :sweat4:

Hoookay...

Treeko - Gektile lv36 Male

Naughty nature

-Screech
-Pursuit
-Mega Drain
-Quick attack

NOTE: I missed his chance to learn leaf blade which im guessing would have been better than Giga Drain or Mega Drain.
---

Swablu - Cotowing Lv36 Female

Quirky nature

-Fly
-Sing
-Take Down
-Safeguard

NOTE: I plan on geting rid of Fly - I'm only using it for transport reasons.
---

Aron - Gigamega Lv36 Male

Mild nature

-Iron Tail
-Protect
-Shock Wave
-Headbutt
---

Numel - Fuji Lv36 Male

Mild nature

-Amnesia
-Facade
-Ember
-Earthquake

NOTE: Ember will become a tougher fire attack. I'm not keeping it.
---

Milotic - Signit Lv31 Male

Timid nature

-Water Pulse
-Twister
-Rain Dance
-Refresh

NOTE: I was waiting for something better to come along to replace Recover or Refresh but I kept Refresh as I can always give Signit self-heal items for HP recovery.
---

Absol - Riotzol Lv36 Male

Modest nature

-Quick Attack
-Slash
-Double Team
-Swords Dance
---

Well, this is my Saphire team (these are my highest level pokemon - I haven't gotten any further than this) so I hope someone can give me tips on raising them.

thanx

----

BTW Im not asking for an essay :( so plz, If there's ANYTHING you can advise me on it would be so apreciated. Plz?

PokePaul
27th March 2005, 05:47 PM
I don't know much about this, but it seems to me that they're good enough as they are to get you through the entire game at least. Even if you kept Fly.
Also, cool names.

riot mankey
28th March 2005, 05:22 AM
Well, I'm only as far as Lillycove. I do need help. I'm at a loss trying to think something good that would stand me a good chance against almost any other team. I had to teach Gigamega shock wave as no other pokemon in my team could learn electric attacks. But his sp. att. is shit. So I had to max it out. And its still shit.

Poryhedron
28th March 2005, 02:15 PM
You can still give Gektile Leaf Blade. Just bring a Heart Scale to the Move Tutor in Fallarbor. Assuming Gektile isn't still a Treecko, he'll be able to teach it Leaf Blade.

Are you saying you want to make this team good enough to beat your friends in link battles? Eeh...it's not usually a good idea to build a powerful competitive team from the same pokémon you used to get through the game itself, because those pokémon get a somewhat even mix of Effort Training. You're better off, for a competitive team, focusing solely on the stats that will truly help your pokémon excel. For example, you're giving Milotic only special attacks, so the best Effort training for Milotic would involve ZERO training in Attack. If you've used Milotic to defeat several Machoke, Mightyena, Rhydon, Doduo, etc., then it's not as good a battler as it can be, period.

riot mankey
29th March 2005, 01:01 PM
Its not really for link up battles. Because I have no friends that like pokemon (my boyfriend plays Gold and Silver, but he doesn't play gba games). It's just really for anything else. *shrugs* I don't really bother too much about EVs, they're too compliceted.

BTW yep. Still a treeko. :) I like it that way.