PDA

View Full Version : Little Things ON THE INTERNET that Piss You Off

Razola
3rd April 2005, 09:16 PM
Inspired by the fifth incarnation of the picture thread, this is the place to bitch and moan about the denizens of the intarweb.

Here's a few:

People who sign their posts: We know your stupid name, it's RIGHT NEXT TO THE POST. I guess for the more retarded posters it's useful, but hey, isn't that the point of a signature? TO SIGN THE POST? Redundancy is one thing, but compounded redundancy of this nature boggles the mind.

Large Signatures: It's supposed to be a small blimp to add a bit more personality to you. Maybe throw in a bit of useful information or wit. We don't need to know your favorite people, movies, music, crabs, politicians, and so on. I don't give a rat's ass which pervert you have fallen for recently and how you managed to tie it in to some shitty anime. I also don't need a decent conversation broken up by the same emo lyrics over and over. I think MY signature is pushing it in terms of size, to give you an idea of what I find is a "good size".

Young(er) People: Nothing like some preteen who can't handle this nerd utopia. This recent generation is trying to muscle in on our terf, with their constant AIM sessions and LiveJournals. The internet isn't going to be some high school drama, kid. We've put too much blood, sweat, and goatse into this place for you to screw it up. So quit boo-hooing at every flame and quit dredging up a basic "it" list for every shitty topic to make a thread on. It really just eats me up inside when a thread dies because the millionth crybaby can't take the heat. If you don't like it, I hear the real world is mighty nice this time of year.

Smileys: How lazy are we? Real lazy. So lazy we can't even take the time to establish mood and emotion in our writing. We have to rely on a plethora of pre-made pixel arrangments to speak of our mood. Okay, I understand that time is short and a quick....SHIT. I can't even find the normal smiley. I had to look at the :love: or :disgust: and the :sweat2: before realizing that the BASIC SMILEY ISN'T EVEN ON THE QUICK LIST NEXT TO ME. And better yet, right below me as I make this thread is 50 or so inane pictures to stick next to my thread name. I'm at a lost for words hear. And I don't need to stick a :notfunny: to let you know that.

Oh, and if you post "Raz", "Polls about internet things" or whatever, I already ruined your lameass attempt at a joke. You could stand to be more creative anyways.

Zak
3rd April 2005, 09:35 PM
Oh, and if you post "Raz", "Polls about internet things" or whatever, I already ruined your lameass attempt at a joke. You could stand to be more creative anyways.

What if they're serious and telling the truth?

Anyway...

-People who get offended on the internet easily.

-People who overuse old running gags and **** them up, making them not seem cool anymore.

-People who try to be cool by pretending to use the Japanese names of characters from games that were made there first, just to sound "old-school".

-Unfunny people who try really hard to be witty, and make themselves look pathetic.

-People who say "This is the internet" to win every arguement.

-Corrupt moderators at places I care about.

-The fact that there was a similar topic in Misc. Well... fine, if this one's limited to internet.

-When I acceidentally sign my post twice while editing. It's like a goddamn impulse when I'm typing in a message board field to end with "~Zak" at the end. Hell, I bet if I was on a gimmick account, I wouldn't survive very long.

~Zak

EDIT: Now that I think about it, I'm the only person who does that that you've never said anything about it. You've said it to Tainted, Grey, Jay Umbreon... why am I singled out.

Also, depending how this turns out, I can't promise it's staying open.

fat man with a monkey
3rd April 2005, 09:36 PM
Raz's things annoy me as well, although I have been guilty for having a large sig before.
hate it when people bring religion into a non religious debate.
I hate it when people bring politics into a non political debate.
I hate people.
I hate downloading a mis-titled song. It isn't that hard to tell the difference between Aerosmith and Guns N Roses, folks.
I also hate people that say "this is the internet. I'm never going to meet these people, I'll lie through my teeth. It's not like it matters."
I also hate people that say "OMG, that's not what you would say if you met me IRL."
I also hate people that post pictures that they say are of themselves, but obviously aren't. Hey, Internet, I can admit that I'm ugly, why can't you?
I also hate people with horribly unimaginitive monikers, such as "bizketfan1337" or "pogeymanzleet1337". If you have to add numbers on the end (other than an ICQ handle), might want to re-think your handle.
I hate people that are elitist.
I hate the person that's going to post after me and call me a hypocrite. I never said I loved myself, did I?

Tainted
3rd April 2005, 09:41 PM
Me signing my post is a bit differant because I use my real name, not my user name. Stop trying to go all goon on my ass-- they have the same fetish with yelling at signers over at SA too.

I too don't like massive signatures. My rule is if it takes up half of my screen it's too damn big. My biggest pet peeve:

Fat Nerdy People
I say fat nerdy people, because they are generally those who think that because they're on the internet they can act like a total dick to others because of that bully that stole their lunch money in grade five, and that dick that used to beat him up and verbally harass him, and that chick that would never go near his fat sausage.

The internet is like reverse life. All of the nerds have power, and the few that aren't total geeks in real life are looked down upon and laughed at. Oh well, I suppose you can only be the king of one world. Teehee. *insert tongue smiley or something*

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Toxicity
3rd April 2005, 09:50 PM
You guys pretty much took some of my better reasons.

~Fanboys/fangirls
~Trolls
~Morons who go on and brag about their relationships in sigs, titles, avatars, etc.
~People who decide to brag about things that don't really matter. (not pointing out anybody...)
~Flame Wars that are the result of something petty.
~Smilies. Though I can occasionaly tolerate text smilies such as o_o or ^^
~Flash
~Chain mail
~Spam
~Pop-ups
~Other basic crap.

Leon-IH
3rd April 2005, 11:29 PM
~ Chain Mail (there is one good chain letter, EVER, and it was bagging chain letters)
~ People who are 'holier than thou'
~ Self proclaimed 'pros'
~ Greedy People in World of Warcraft/Diablo II
~ Maddox wannabe's
~ People with forum gimmicks (Bjarni being a prime example)

Razola
4th April 2005, 12:55 AM
Fat Nerdy People
I say fat nerdy people, because they are generally those who think that because they're on the internet they can act like a total dick to others because of that bully that stole their lunch money in grade five, and that dick that used to beat him up and verbally harass him, and that chick that would never go near his fat sausage.
No, we fully encourage everyone to be dicks. It's more fun that way.

FireBlast
4th April 2005, 03:47 AM
I hate people who think their opinion is the word of God and won't listen to anything that somehow negates their opinion. This relates to religion threads, sexuality, politics, etc.. I have no problem with people having opinions, but once they start to get over-protective that's when I get pissed off at them.

I hate people who get offended too easily, and by 'too easily' I mean- I hate people who get offended by anything on the web- This is the internet for love of God, who cares what a person sitting next to a screen 914781928 miles from you says about you or your looks/beliefs, you'll probably never meet him/her so what the hell does any of this shit matter.. I also hate people who get offended over any little thing in real life, but that's a different story.

I hate unfunny retards- Spam/flames/trolling could be done in a way that is entertaining and thus making said posts not really pointless, since they have the potential to be interesting and funny. However, people who spam and are not funny should be shot, since their posts really are annoying.

I hate people who tend to be over-enthusiastic about telling everyone how great their real life is. I'm afraid I was once like this also. Yes, knowing that you are in a forum filled with nerds who probably never got a date or experienced any of those other things in life that supposedly makes you "cool" like drugs or alcohol or whatever certainly does make it inciting to ramble on about how great your life is compared to theirs and rub it in their face, but mostly it's just annyoing cause no one cares so shut the **** up.

Magmar
4th April 2005, 12:30 PM
~You :)
~Oh, and friends lists in peoples signatures.

Everoy
4th April 2005, 04:22 PM
Neopets Ripoffs
Neopets is popular. Subeta is popular because they didn't copy completely from neopets. However, Nutrinopets, Monopets, and you other crappy wannabes PISS ME OFF.

l33tspeak
IT ISN'T COOL. It is so friggin' annoying to be surfing the net and then see "my Blaziken PWNS j00!" and other miscellaneous crap.

People who misspell EVERY FRIGGIN' WORD!!!
*twitch twitch* This just goes with out saying. USE A FRIGGIN' SPELLCHECKER if you think you might have misspelled a bunch of stuff. I'm polite enough to edit my post if I misspelled something, but if I read a post and see "i pased bye my frends windo", I'm gonna get pissed off!

phaedrus
4th April 2005, 04:22 PM
this crap was expressed in the "Things that piss you off thread"

lol.

uh, retards on the intarweb piss me off.

Tha_Dragon
4th April 2005, 04:37 PM
-People that complain too much.
-People who act tough on the internet.
-Hypocrites that say people shouldn't be angry over shit on the internet, but they get angry at those people themselves.

I guess I'm guilty of all three, though.

Cheesey
4th April 2005, 04:50 PM
this crap was expressed in the "Things that piss you off thread"

lol.

uh, retards on the intarweb piss me off.

Yeah but this is just internet stuff, and not stuff in general

~ Large signatures. I'd rather spend my time reading a thread than reading a signature.
~ Most assholes. People who act like asses for the sake of it bug me, I don't really mind the natural ones :P
~ Mind-numbingly bad typists. I don't mind using some internet shorthand but when it's filled with every possible shortcut you could ever possibly fit in there it's just ridiculous.
~ People who think they're cool and hilarious. When they're not.
~ People who fill their posts with smilies. I used to do that, but I don't any more. I've realised it's stupid, after all, to put a smiley after every single thing you type.

I'll edit stuff in once I think of more, heh

Everoy
4th April 2005, 04:58 PM
~ People who think they're cool and hilarious. When they're not.

*raises hand*

fat man with a monkey
4th April 2005, 05:29 PM
-people who make posts like the one above mine
-april fools jokes, like to the extent done on slashdot

Zak
4th April 2005, 05:46 PM
Hmm... well, given this thread in the last day, I think as of now it'd be better suited in Misc, since it's turning into more of a discussion than a poll, with the quoting, as well as replying more than once. Usually polls are replied to once and edited, but this seems more of the "post again if you think of more" type of thread. I'll emphasize "ON THE INTERNET" because of the other thread... yeah, it's dead, but whatever.

-Anyone who questions this decision.

EDIT: die poll tag

Magmar
4th April 2005, 06:37 PM
threads like this one

fat man with a monkey
4th April 2005, 06:47 PM
-people who post pointless shit, like "threads like this one" without even making an attempt to be humorous or post about what's at hand.
And Raz already beat you to the punch.

Razola
4th April 2005, 06:47 PM
I originally wanted this to be in Misc anyways.

cd
4th April 2005, 07:04 PM
l33tspeak
IT ISN'T COOL.

yes it is :orange:

RedStarWarrior
4th April 2005, 07:23 PM
I dislike people who declare themselves things, like sex symbols and whatnot. I mean, you can think what you want, but that doesn't make it true nor should you act like it is. Right, Tainted?

Seriously though, just complete morons bother me. The ones that can access the internet, but can't seem to utilize it. You know, the ones that want you to help them with their report because they can't seem to figure out how to fucking use google.

Tainted
4th April 2005, 07:34 PM
I dislike people who declare themselves things, like sex symbols and whatnot. I mean, you can think what you want, but that doesn't make it true nor should you act like it is. Right, Tainted?

One can think they're a great mod just doing their job, too, but that doesn't make it true.

You're just jealous :p

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

RedStarWarrior
4th April 2005, 08:01 PM
One can think they're a great mod just doing their job, too, but that doesn't make it true.

You're just jealous :p

Adieu,
Zak Hunter
Trust me, I have no problem getting women. Anyway, I was just joking, hence the next paragraph beginning with "Seriously though." Also, I don't think I am a good mod. I am just told that by other people, like Chris.

Aipom Of Doom
4th April 2005, 08:14 PM
One thing that annoys me is people who post things like "mods, feel free to close or move this". Really, do they need your explicit permission to do their job?

fat man with a monkey
4th April 2005, 08:16 PM
sometimes, it's different - IE, your topic has been fucked over, and now you're the object of ridicule or something, or your point's been completely turned around.

-I hate people like me, that always have to be literal.

Crazy
4th April 2005, 08:51 PM
-Whiny people here
-People who get UPSET over the internet
-An overabundance of "depressing threads"
-People who try to appear smart when they are really not.(Of course this wouldn't apply to ANYONE here....Sarcasm)
-People who are over religious and post crap about how Harry Potter or Pokemon is evil.

I would post more....but I'm incredibly lazy. :) You're right it is hell to look up a smilie.

Agent Elrond
4th April 2005, 09:24 PM
Well, I try not to let anything piss me off on the internet. I mean, it doesn't effect me personally, does it? There is really nothing we can do to change the world from here, so we might as well be nice to eachother.

*thinks reeeaaally hard*

Perverts.

Internet perverts annoy me, especially the male ones because they are generally more agressive than the females. And the worst bit is you can't sock them through your computer screen, where as in real life you CAN threaten to castrate them and mean it.

*sighs*

Little things like 1337 sp34k, large-ish sigs, personally signs at the ends of posts, etc. are too minor to bother me.

The Muffin Man
4th April 2005, 09:30 PM
Internet perverts annoy me, especially the male ones because they are generally more agressive than the females. And the worst bit is you can't sock them through your computer screen, where as in real life you CAN threaten to castrate them and mean it.

Oh yeah, that's not at all a feminazi rant <.<

-People who act like their gender/race/type of person is perfect. I.e "Oh women/blacks/canadians/gays/hockey players/guys named Bob are flawless. While men/whites/americans/straights/football players/guys named Joe are evil and horrible"

-People who talk big on the internet and brag about shit they'd never do in real life. "I like being offline because then I can buy a 12-gauge shotgun, go to their house, murder their family and then force an apology before I shoot them." when they mean "I'd go home and type online about how I'd make a threat of physical violence that the police will not find brave or humorous and take very seriously".

-And to prove I'm not veiling any sort of hidden flame - Agent Elrond

;)

Jeff
4th April 2005, 11:10 PM
1337$p34k - it's almsot incomprehensible at times
cht spk lol!!! :D:D:D - just as anoying

Both of those make people look like immature kids, no you are not cool because you say teh, you just look like you can't spell "the".

Overuse of smileys - one is enough, to attach to a sentence or paragraph in order to convey emotion. But when someone puts 10,000 of them after every thing they say, that's seriously annoying.

When people type in an Excessivley large font through their entire post.

Magmar
4th April 2005, 11:12 PM
Moderators with rotten attitudes.
And I am not pointing a finger at Ravin Adonis.

RedStarWarrior
4th April 2005, 11:20 PM
Moderators with rotten attitudes.
And I am not pointing a finger at Ravin Adonis.
It's Raven, sweetey. :)

Leon-IH
5th April 2005, 06:39 AM
Perverts.

Now if a male had said something about female perverts in RL this would have been replaced with a rant to said male about him being a fascist, chauvanist, child raping, woman hating pig.

Tainted
5th April 2005, 06:48 AM
Now if a male had said something about female perverts in RL this would have been replaced with a rant to said male about him being a fascist, chauvanist, child raping, woman hating pig.

Welcome to reality, Mr. Straight White Male.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Metallix
5th April 2005, 08:25 AM
Here goes:

Mods who take part in debates and then close the topic after getting the last say in.
People who claim to have a great job, a big car, a beautiful girlfriend and have a 3rd dan black belt in some form of martial arts, despite the fact they seem to be online all day posting away at forums and playing MMORPGs.
People who follow up poorly spelled or grammared posts with something along the lines of: "OMG learn to spell, moron."
1337 sp33k.

EDIT: Removed one of my hates as people would probably take it the wrong way.

Agent Elrond
5th April 2005, 09:33 AM
TMM: I'm not refering to you when I complain about perverts, so I really don't see why you have to take this so personally. I'm also not complaining about men in general, just the select few who, aside from being pervertedly askew, are often also complete jerks. It's the two combined that really get me anyway. *shrugs*

Leon-IH: That's fair enough.

I am the Feminazi Art Gestapo: make a wrong move and I shall POKE YOU WITH THE SOFT CUSHIONS! *diabolical laughter*

Anyway, one thing that does not piss me off, but does generally annoy me, are people who take things on the internet too personally.

I mean, it's not really about you, is it?

Legends-Kuja
5th April 2005, 01:57 PM
-l337sp33k When used frequently.
-Monkeys.
-Double-standards (e.g, Leon IH's examples)
-Monkeys
-Fanboys, especially OLD fanboys that bash everything that was released within the last five years.
-Monkeys
-Annoying religious morons
-Annoying atheist morons
Did I mention monkeys?

Silver Ledian
5th April 2005, 02:31 PM
I hate people who talk the biggest load of crap on message boards, it really irritates me to see so much worthless shit all in one place...that happens a lot here to be honest. People have these 1 on 1 convos in topics and it's the biggest heap of junk. It melts my head to say the least.

I don't like people on the internet who are so far up other members' holes that it's unbelieveable.

I don't mind people being sarcastic because at times it can be funny but sometimes their life is just one sarcasmo-fest...others just seem plain boring all the time.

I hate people who never eff up about other members. I don't care if you hate water pokemon master or the muffin man, piss off and flame them on AIM...don't bore me with constant rants and comments about each other here.

That's just a couple of things I've observed.

fat man with a monkey
5th April 2005, 04:54 PM
-people who hate monkeys without reason
-people that over generalize ("I hate all *!" "All * is horrible!" "Don't bother wasting your time with *")
-comments like "Oh this means war....Prepare to be invaded by hamsters." I don't mind nonsensicality, in fact, I'm a huge proponent. I just think it should be funny.

Vineon
5th April 2005, 06:35 PM
topics like that

and most internet fads and slangs

cd
5th April 2005, 07:10 PM
how do i shot web

MetalScyther
5th April 2005, 08:12 PM
Anyone who makes more than one topic about ****ing retarded news. AKA, "16 year old stabs 89 year old grandma" from www.unreliablenewssource.com

At least I admit that I don't care enough to make a decent topic here, or even have the ability. Some people flood this shithole with 20 news posts a week.

[edit] example: http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=34526

He even admits that it might not be reliable. Why did he post it, you ask? It's because he(like the majority of this forum) posess little brain power and therefore instead of making worthwhile threads or stop fucking posting, he posts a stupid worthless thread that no one gives a shit for.

chrisnote: don't evade the filter

homeofmew
5th April 2005, 10:50 PM
-- Games where people cheat or try to hack your account
Gunbound, Runescape, I just got 700 gold when it was suppost ot be 7k.
I think it was a system mess up but hes not im not giving you the rest blah!
-- Anti pokemon sites, the christian ones are the most annoying, and the ones that say pokemon is for kids, the gotta kill em all ones...

DaRk MeWtWo
6th April 2005, 07:51 AM
People who sign their posts: We know your stupid name, it's RIGHT NEXT TO THE POST. I guess for the more retarded posters it's useful, but hey, isn't that the point of a signature? TO SIGN THE POST? Redundancy is one thing, but compounded redundancy of this nature boggles the mind.

Well, seeing as I must defend myself, plz don't think I didn't read this tidbit:

Anyway, one thing that does not piss me off, but does generally annoy me, are people who take things on the internet too personally.

I mean, it's not really about you, is it?

That's true, but I have a sig with only my name in nice fat letters. Truth be told, I'm searching for something nice to put there, but since I've come back to TPM after quite a while, this is all I've got to show from 2002. Besides, they used to have that nice link to a small site which helps you make fancy sigs, that's where I got my sig from, and I dunno if it exists anymore. *Looks around to find it*

Anyhow, what do I hate on the net? In addition to a lot of the stuff that Razola, homeofmew, Agent Elrond, and Metallix have said, there are:

1. nubs who boast endlessly
2. semi-nubs who don't even read the threads they post in
3. dead links <------major annoyance
4. liars (what a stupid thing to hate on the net)
5. TPM members obssesed with the post count
6. ppl who can't speak out and bend to the public opinion in general in every discussion/thread (aka me)
7. the changes that have occured at TPM (not that they're bad, but the place feels a lot less...TPM-ish of 2001/02
8. people who don't explain themselves (like #6)
9. people who post in this thread in hopes of humoring someone else (j/k)
10. people in this thread who keep hating themselves (j/k)
11. people who keep saying j/k
12. inability to sense sarcasm over the net
13. Netbattle when it turns into Nubbattle
14. people who post in colors you can't see in both white and black backgrounds (aka me)
15. people who post one-liners without serious thought (not so much any1 here though, see #6 and #7)
16. people who try to act fancy by making large posts and lists (aka me)
17. cheaters on certain games on the net (like homeofmew said, runescape is a prime example)
18. crappy Pkmn battle simulators on the net *coughPokemonCratercough*
19. people who say *coughsomethingtheydon'thavethecouragetosaycough*
20. me, myself, and I for writing such a silly post and waste of time

[EDIT] What do you have against amputees? Or do you mean something else by "nub"?

Amputees? Sry I dunno what that term is reffering too *has been locked away from the Internet for quite a while indeed* My definition of nubs are arrogant, overconfident, and sometimes snobbish beginners to a given game/activity/sport etc. The reason I "hate" them is because of their nubby behavoir--acting like they know it all when they really don't. It's more pity and disapproval than hate, I guess. Semi-nubs should actually be labelled simply hyperactive, overconfident, and greedy posters--there to get noticed and to raise their post count only.

-Hope I've humored you

fat man with a monkey
6th April 2005, 09:07 AM
-when mods can't decide which ****ing forum a topic belongs in
-the swear filter. Come on, is **** punt really that offensive? (Note: the two words rhymed)

[EDIT] What do you have against amputees? Or do you mean something else by "nub"?

[EDIT to reduce my frivolous posting] I just complain because people are going to know what I mean anyways. And even if they don't they can hazard a 50% guess. God, I remember back when hell was on the swear filter. Made talking about Gundam Wing/Endless waltz a pain in the ass.

RedStarWarrior
6th April 2005, 09:17 AM
It wasn't that I couldn't decide, it was that I wasn't thinking straight.

~ People who complain that a certain word beginning with 'f' and a certain word beginning with 'c' are still on the swear filter. Hey, I convinced Chris to remove the rest, but we agreed to keep those two. Although, I am all for having no swear filter.

Lezta
6th April 2005, 09:34 AM
People who refuse to use capital letters correctly.

People who use a comma to make elipses (i.e. ,,,)

Actually, people who abuse the english language generally. Unless it's by accident. That's ok.

RedStarWarrior
6th April 2005, 09:38 AM
Actually, people who abuse the English language, in general, annoy me. Unless, of course, it's by accident because that's okay.
I fixed it so it was a better post over all. ;)

Kris
6th April 2005, 12:34 PM
I abuse the English language way too much. Damn damn typo's. Must learn to proof read my posts though.

youdontknowme
6th April 2005, 06:53 PM
People who don't know jack about graphic and web design and think that theirs is the best in the damn world.

The Muffin Man
6th April 2005, 06:58 PM
-Mods who selectively avoid their jobs. Friends spamming is ok, but don't you dare put the BBCode for white text so "fuck" comes out as more than 4 asterisks.

Cferra
6th April 2005, 07:37 PM
I was going to post this in Misc but it got moved before I had the chance to post.

* People who don't act like themselves.
* People who pretend to be jerks and think it's cool.
* People who hit on guys/girls online and ask to "cyber" despite being total strangers. And they obviously don't want to.
* People who become insane and think message boards are living, breathing things.
* People who lie about being someone's friend and basically stab them in the back. (applies to offline too)
* People who stalk a friend online and eventually offline too.
* People who insuly others on a board to be like their friends and not be indiviudal.
* Inter-site grudges.
* People who insist their point of view is correct even after being proven wrong. Ie: chauvanistic attitude.
* People who diss someone's voice on voice chat.
* People who are hypocrites or lie.

I could go on and on but those are some of the major ones I've seen over the years of being online.

L_X

MToolen
6th April 2005, 09:23 PM
Basic untruth is what I hate about the Internet. Let's say I need a picture for a report about silicon (which happened last year). I look it up on Yahoo, knowing that it has a safe-search to keep the porn out and stuff. And, yet, still do I find that some idiot forgot to add the e at the end of his silicone implant picture. Or sites that have either lyrics and chords to songs or MIDI's and Mp3's. You realize how hard it is to search through every Winamp-generated playlist to find the song you're looking for? And even here, where people proclaim themselves to be things they're not (I don't know how many times I've heard people call themselves God on this forum, which is a real boiling point for me) don't bring the laughs they want to. It's not funny to diss anyone, guys. Really. That's just being immature. Like Raz said- if everyone would grow up, the Internet wouldn't be so bad. I mean, is it really that hard to tell the truth?

fat man with a monkey
7th April 2005, 03:28 AM
BTW, MToolen, Silicone is just rubber made from silicon compounds.
- people that don't understand basic chemistry
-not being able to find stoichiometry notes online so I can help a friend

Leo
7th April 2005, 05:08 AM
FINALLY A THREAD TO VENT MY ANGER!
HAHA!
THINGS I HATE about the INTERNET! :
PPL WHO USE l33tspeak!
it is so lame..
and also
poorly designed webpages!
:P
PM me if you wanna hear the things i like about the internet!
(I dun want to go off topic)

The Muffin Man
7th April 2005, 08:58 AM
-People who don't realize I am God and there is no possible way to deny it.

Dark-San
7th April 2005, 10:00 AM
-People who don't realize I am God and there is no possible way to deny it.

You ain't God. You are the Pope, remember? *finger points to signature*

There are several things that get me mad at the internet.

1) Websites that contain lots of pop-ups and those pop-ups ends up crashing the com.
2) P2P Programs that actually got your ass into trouble with those spywares and viruses.
3) Members in the message who really a thorn that keep hanging onto your flesh.
4) Search Engines who can't really filter all adult contents.

The Muffin Man
7th April 2005, 03:58 PM
You ain't God. You are the Pope, remember? *finger points to signature*

Touche, Salesman.

Also, to prevent a P2P program ratting you out, make sure that their agreement specifically says they will not sell your information to anyone. Then if you are ratted out, you can countersue ;)

Zak
10th April 2005, 01:21 AM
Some more...

-People who always use the same away messages.
-People with their birthday in their username.
-Excessive use of XD.
-X's in usernames.

~Zak

Leon-IH
10th April 2005, 06:00 AM
Just remembered a very, very important addition to this.

- People who claim to be any or all of the following with 0 proof: Stoner, Mystical Martial Arts Master, Celebrity, NOT STUPID.

Mitch's Bashamo
10th April 2005, 08:39 AM
Nerd talk or l33t speak:
It's so annoying when you go to a message board for example and some guy says "I like totally pwned you" or "I'll own u in something" it's so f**king annoying. There's a guy in my Maths class that keeps using those words thinking he's cool but he's just a fat nerd that plays those online RPG games or whatever they are.

fat man with a monkey
10th April 2005, 09:17 AM
-people that automaticall group the word "owned" under nerd talk or leet speak. With the social gaming (Halo, etc) that's around now, most people that use it aren't nerds. And, to be honest, I use to word everywhere. Like "Dude, my shoes got OWNED by that mud," or if someone has bad luck "Dude, that pencil totally owned you... should've brought another."
-when I can't find a program to transliterate russian
-when web sites pack shit in so they'll appear at the top of a google search. Seriously, if your whole little blurb is bold, I'm not clicking. I know you're just packing shit in.
-when people (ZAK) don't set away messages and just walk away from their computer/fall asleep/die/whatever.

Chris
10th April 2005, 03:11 PM
- people who are posting repeatedly in this thread picking apart everything that was said previously by other posters
- people who won't openly admit to disagreeing with an administrative decision, instead trying to hide behind some post in a "little things that piss you off" thread

- edit: people who start new pages in "things that piss you off" threads god i hate them so much :mad: