PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars III & Pepsi (May contain spoilers due to stupidity)

RedStarWarrior
12th May 2005, 06:26 AM
Anyone see the commercial with Yoda and the guy in the diner. Yoda uses the Jedi mind trick to take the guys food but is not able to get the Diet Pepsi from him. I found it humorous.

http://pepsi.yahoo.com/calluponyoda/ Click on the image at the bottom that says "Diet Pepsi TV Ad." It isn't always down there, as the images change occasionally. You might have to wait a couple of seconds.

Anyway, who is going to see SW3?

Title edit, just to warn those who haven't seen it. I know I wont be able to hold everyone back from expressing their feelings on certain parts.
~L_P

Raven's Edit: It's my topic, so I thought I would change the title.

cd
12th May 2005, 07:43 AM
i'm going to see ep III the first day it comes out on may 19th with a few mates i can't wait

Dark-San
12th May 2005, 08:17 AM
I'm going to hit to the town area to catch the movie 3 days after it's first release date here. Not much reason for the delay. What else, my job <<" >>"

Nace
12th May 2005, 08:26 AM
Hehe like he's going to get Chewie's pepsi. Yoda, you slay me :lol:

Looking forward to the movie, even if it does disappoint. I'm pretty sure I enjoyed Attack of the Clones though (can't remember). I know for a fact I'll be laughing every time Palpatine appears due to an image I saw comparing his appearance to the new pope. Funny stuff.

Dark Sage
12th May 2005, 09:44 AM
Another good "Revenge of the Sith" commercial is the one for the new dark chocolate M&Ms.

Here's how it goes.

Plain and Peanut are in an Empire conferance room (or something) talking to Darth Vader, with a plate of M&Ms in front of them.

Plain: "So, Lord Vader, these new dark chocolate M&Ms ARE a good idea... But... we've decided NOT to join the Dark Side."

(Vader gestures and uses the Force Grip on him. He chokes and falls over.)

Peanut: "Uh, we'll start Monday."

The commercial ends with a shot of the new M&Ms and the slogan, "Dare to turn to the Dark Side."

- Venusaur

Dark Scizor
12th May 2005, 09:58 AM
i'm going to see ep III the first day it comes out on may 19th with a few mates i can't wait

Same here.

RaZoR LeAf
12th May 2005, 10:43 AM
Hopefully me and my mate will go see it on Thursday, don't know what time, depends how busy the cinema is. And unlike the Hitchikers film where I took a twoel, i will not be going in costume. My stormtrooper uniform is at the dry cleaners.

http://www.boreme.com/bm/MAR05/a/jedi-car-sale/fr.htm

Obi-wan Kenobi buys a car, classic send up by the Dead Ringers team.

Dark Sage
12th May 2005, 10:46 AM
I've already got my ticket, and it's for a Thursday matinee.

And from what the critics are saying, this movie does NOT stink!

- Venusaur

Kris
12th May 2005, 11:16 AM
I wanna go see it but none of my friends are that interested:(

Fett One
12th May 2005, 02:53 PM
I'm hoping to go see it opening day, assuming it doesn't rain since I have to walk to the theater.

shazza
12th May 2005, 05:08 PM
I want to see it. Haven't planned anything though. Shoud be good!

Water Pokemon Master
12th May 2005, 05:50 PM
Aww man, both of my science teachers get to go see Star Wars tonight for opening premiere. They are both going to tell me the plot to the entire movie tomorrow. :D

Katie
12th May 2005, 06:16 PM
I have to see it on my first day of summer break :swear: the saturday after the release, it's my little brother's birthday party, so I'm going to have to pretty much babysit a load of 10 year olds while being in a closer-than-I'd-like vicinity to a bunch of costumed-up hygiene challenged nerds!!!
I might be able to drag a friend along, I really hope I can... maybe I can convince them with a few hayden piccies (tis the only part I'm looking forward too ^^)
btw what happened in the first 2, I forgot :(

~Katie

edit: and what's a sith? god I'm going to be sooo lost

fat man with a monkey
12th May 2005, 06:31 PM
a sith is a bad guy. bad jedi. sith != good jedi.

Craig
12th May 2005, 09:51 PM
I can't wait for SW3. Apparently its actually good so I am excited..and plus, WOO STARWARS.

RedStarWarrior
13th May 2005, 05:13 AM
They are both going to tell me the plot to the entire movie tomorrow. :D
Um, it isn't like the plot is a secret or anything.

Razola
13th May 2005, 06:22 AM
Um, it isn't like the plot is a secret or anything.
Script has been leaked for, what, a month now? and he thinks he's getting in on some secret.

I have a lightsaber spoon, and tomorrow I am buying a Vader slurpee. If they want to whore out Star Wars, I will be the first customer.

And Froot Loots with Mace Windu on the box taste at least 45% better.

RedStarWarrior
13th May 2005, 08:51 AM
Use the Fruit Loop Force!

I might see it. I generally avoid seeing certain things in the theater and wait to buy them on DVD, but... *shrug*

Crystal Mew
13th May 2005, 01:30 PM
I'm probably going to go see it, not sure when. My family lieks star wars for some reason. lol. I only like Hayden (^5 Katie!!!) which is the only reason I'm excited to see it, call me whatever, but I dont care. I don't even remember what happened in the last 2 either, bah. but my mom keeps saying "this one is going to be so sad!!" but yeah, I'll get dragged to see it I'm sure

Jeff
13th May 2005, 05:22 PM
Glad to hear this is actually better than the other two, I would like to see it, but my family tends to see movies without me when I'm at work... :(

Water Pokemon Master
13th May 2005, 08:37 PM
[text removed]

Raven's Edit: Put it in the spoiler topic, not in here.

The Blue Avenger
13th May 2005, 08:47 PM
I would see this movie within the opening week, but unfortunately it starts on my first day of final exams. Ick. So some friends of mine and I are going to go see it when exams are done.

sesshomaru
13th May 2005, 09:19 PM
a sith is a bad guy. bad jedi. sith != good jedi.
Not completely true,not all sith have to b jedi. There can be a sith solider like with a gun.

Water Pokemon Master
13th May 2005, 09:24 PM
What spoiler topic?

The Blue Avenger
13th May 2005, 09:41 PM
I'd say the one you started. (http://www.pokemasters.net/forums/showthread.php?t=34654)

Jeff
13th May 2005, 10:29 PM
Saw a Burger King commercial, I don't know if anyone else has seen it but, "May the fries be with you". Man this movie is everywhere.

Water Pokemon Master
13th May 2005, 10:59 PM
Ooh, that one. :p

Katie
16th May 2005, 06:20 PM
god please tell me at least one person hates star wars
*jumps up and down pointing at her previous post* !!!!!!!!

~Katie

Carbonite4
16th May 2005, 06:31 PM
I bought my tickets for the midnight showing about a month ago. I'm having a party the night of the 18th--Star Wars Episode I and II, then Episode III at midnight. It'll be a blast.

There can be a sith solider like with a gun.

Well, a Sith is a master of the Dark Side of the Force. While the Jedi use the Light Side of the Force, the Sith use the Dark for self-improvement and for their own needs. The Jedi are selfless, the Sith are selfish. A Sith is kinda like a Dark Jedi.

There are always two Sith, no more, no less (unless there's a single Master looking for an apprentice), because if there were more, the apprentices would team up against the Master. The Sith would kill each other off till there are only 2--a Master and an Apprentice.

"The Jedi achieve power through understanding; the Sith achieve understanding through power."

GreenShirT
18th May 2005, 09:25 PM
Just got back from seeing Episode 3 with Sue and I have to say....OH MY SWEET LORD IN HEAVEN...WHAT A MOVIE!!

By far the best Star Wars film and just jumped to the top of my favourite movies list, which is no easy feat.

The effects were immense, the light saber duels were breathtaking and plentiful as well as lasting ages, the tradegdy was truely emotional in it also.

I cant really put across in words how much I loved this movie other than:

"sa;kfhis dplug foidsug foidsu g - HOLY FUCKING SHIT THAT WAS SO AWESOME I JUST CRAPPED MYSELF!"

PNT510
18th May 2005, 09:33 PM
I just went out and bought tickets to a midnight showing, I also have tickets for tommorow after dinner.

Kris
19th May 2005, 03:54 AM
I wanna see it :(

Little_Pikachu
19th May 2005, 05:32 AM
As the Princess said, we went to see this at a midnight showing last night. I'm one of the millions who felt horribly let down by Ep 1 and 2, although it looked good on the trailer, in the back of my mind I was always expecting the same here.

How wrong I was.

If you watched 1+2 and felt "...No", still go and see this, you wont regret it. Awsome lightsaber fights and a decent plot. Well worth a look in even if you're not into Star Wars and if you are into it, then this is a must see, don't waste another second! GO NOW!

Water Pokemon Master
19th May 2005, 01:14 PM
I can't, I have to wait for a few more days. :(

Dark Scizor
19th May 2005, 01:32 PM
Watching it tonight, I'll give my opinions when I come back.

Damn shame Mace Windu has to die.

kainashi
19th May 2005, 02:50 PM
since this is a spoilers thread, i'll say it here...

anakin skywalker is darth vader. :cry:

RaZoR LeAf
19th May 2005, 03:00 PM
*Spoilers and stuff*

I'm disappointed at how Kashyyk was displayed, far too much open space and land. In numerous sources it's described as having several kilometre tall tress stretching from surface to cloud canopy, while the surface itself is suppposed to be thick dark forest that's massivly dangerous even for wookies. Instead it's Earth with some big trees.

It was a very dark film though, everybody I spoke to said that the Skywalker barbeque was very harsh, and the killing of the younglings (though done with good editing) will probably earn a number of complaints from parents with upset children (no doubt they will be under 12, but still). Christensen, Portman and even McGregor's acting was dodgy at times, alot of the time Obi-wan seemed bored or confused.

On a high note, the lightsabre battles where awesome, though I imagine they'll look better when i'm not craning my neck up to see the screen. There were some funny moments like R2D2 and the battle droids fighting. I also liked some of the smaller tidbits. One of the pilots at the start says "Lock S-Foils in attack position" while flying in a ship that is obviously the precursor to the X-Wing. Tarkin's appeareance at the end, on board a Stardestroyer (interior the same, exterior more clone wars ships) looking out the the construction of the death star. Very nice.

Also loving the soundtrack. You can't tell with the film so much, but when you listen to it serperatly, John Williams has mixed in numerous character themes into the score. The Chosen One theme from the original trilogy, Luke's theme, Leai's Theme, the Imperial March, Duel of Fates, Qui Gon's funeral, Across the stars (love theme) they are all present. I'm looing forward to the DVD to see deleted scenes, as compared to the graphic/novel there are some things missing that could perhaps have gave a bettter understanding to what was going on. Most certinaly Yoda's instructions to Kenobi at the end of the film, and why he is called "Ben".

I'm too lazy to write a new reveiw, so i copy paste from elsewhere.

Heald
19th May 2005, 06:13 PM
Just come back from it.

It was a definite improvement on Episodes 1 and 2, more akin to Episode 4 and 6, methinks.

However, I disagree with all the people going 'Ah, it explains so much!'

There really wasn't any surprises. We all knew Padme was going to have twins called Luke and Leia. We knew Bail Organa adopts Leia. We knew the Republic turned on the Jedi. We knew Palpatine was Darth Sidious. We even knew Anakin would become Darth Vader. Heck, when Sidious said, "You shall be known as...Darth Vader!", I loudly muttered, "Didn't see that one coming.", causing much stifled laughter from the surrounding rows.

The ending was a bit slapped together and too convenient, although it did explain why C-3PO never said 'Ooh, Darth Vader built me!'. The fact that Padme was able to name the twins immediately was a bit crap too:

"Congratulations! A boy and a girl!"
"Luke. Leia."
*dies*

Bail Organa had a way too convenient quip:

"My wife and myself have always dreamed of adopting a baby girl."

What kind of sick dream is that? Why not have your own baby girl?

Funniest moment: Darth Vader rips himself from the table in his new suit and yells, "NOOOOOOOOOO!"

All in all, not a bad film. Lucas ended on a high note.

Water Pokemon Master
19th May 2005, 06:19 PM
Just come back from it.
"Congratulations! A boy and a girl!"
"Luke. Leia."
*dies*

Most people know what they will name their children beforehand. You don't usually name your baby/babies after they are born, you do it before they are born. :p

Bail Organa had a way too convenient quip:

"My wife and myself have always dreamed of adopting a baby girl."

What kind of sick dream is that? Why not have your own baby girl?

Maybe they can't? Some people are unable to have children and go do adoption as their next option.

Heald
19th May 2005, 06:41 PM
Most people know what they will name their children beforehand. You don't usually name your baby/babies after they are born, you do it before they are born. :pShe didn't even pause to think. They just rolled off her tongue.
Maybe they can't? Some people are unable to have children and go do adoption as their next option.Seems a little convenient huh?

stickachu
19th May 2005, 06:43 PM
Funniest moment: Darth Vader rips himself from the table in his new suit and yells, "NOOOOOOOOOO!"

He was just trying out his wookie roar, obviously. :) As for the name issue, most parents have a boy and girl name picked out before birth, so they're covered either way. Thus, no hesitation when she has a boy and girl.

Other than that, I really enjoyed the movie. The scenes with Padme and Anakin still suck (You are beautiful because I love you!) but the rest was good. At least I think so. I liked Ep I and II when I first saw them too, but after a few hours, I sat back and thought "Wait a second. Those weren't good!" I have a good feeling about this one though! ;)

And the movie did explain a lot of things actually. Such as, why did Obi Wan and Yoday dissappear when they died but the other Jedi didn't? What happened to C-3PO's memory and how did Wedge get them? Is there anything cooler than a wookie?

Water Pokemon Master
19th May 2005, 06:49 PM
Wait, it explained what happened to their memory? I mean, I thought they were sold or something and over the years, their owners erased their memories, but how on earth did Wedge get them, and how did they still exist? (or am I reading something wrong?)

Dark Scizor
19th May 2005, 06:57 PM

It was such a corny moment. Funny, but corny none the less.

I just got back, found out my mother ripped out the power cord from my PSU when I was downloading something, stupid bint. Thank God I'm moving out to my Dad's in three days.

I quite liked that, much better then the first two. I'm going to ruin all this shit for my peers tomorrow at school.

Well, as far as I am concerned, Mace Windu, being as great as Jedi as he is. Did not die from falling, or the sith lightning. He got caught by a speeder (pure luck) and continued to live in the 'hood of coruscant.

Anyone notice how high the limb removal count for that movie was?

Water Pokemon Master
19th May 2005, 07:04 PM
Thought I would post this here. SD Pokemom from the PokeGym originally posted it.

For your amusement:
The Original Ending to The Empire Strikes Back, which was ultimately changed prior to release
A furious lightsabre duel is underway. DARTH VADER is backing LUKE SKYWALKER towards the end of the gantry. A quick move by Vader, chops off Luke’s hand! It goes spinning off into the ventilation shaft.
Luke backs away. He looks around, but realizes there’s nowhere to go but straight down.
Darth Vader: Obi-Wan never told you what happened to your father.
Luke: He told me enough! He told me you killed him!
Darth Vader: No… I am your father!
Luke: No, it’s not true! That’s impossible!
Darth Vader: Search your feelings… you know it to be true…
Luke: NO!
Darth Vader: Yes, it is true.. and you know what else? You know that brass droid of yours?
Luke: Threepio?
Darth Vader: Yes… Threepio… I built him… when I was 7 years old…
Luke: No…
Darth Vader: Seven years old! And what have you done? Look at
yourself, no hand, no job, and couldn’t even levitate your own ship out of the swamp…
Luke: I destroyed your precious Death Star!
Darth Vader: When you were 20! When I was 10, I single-handedly destroyed a Trade Federation Droid Control ship!
Luke: Well, it’s not my fault…
Darth Vader: Oh, here we go… “Poor me… my father never gave me what I wanted for my birthday… boo hoo, my daddy’s the Dark Lord of the Sith… waahhh wahhh!”
Luke: Shut up…
Darth Vader: You’re a slacker! By the time I was your age, I had exterminated the Jedi knights!
Luke: I used to race my T-16 through Beggar’s Canyon!
Darth Vader: Oh, for the love of the Emperor… 10 years old, winner of the Boonta Eve Open… Only human to ever fly a pod racer… right here, baby!
Luke looks down the shaft. Takes a step towards it.
Darth Vader: I was wrong… You’re not my kid… I don’t know whose you are, but you sure ain’t mine…
Luke takes a step off the platform, hesitates, then plunges down the shaft. Darth Vader looks after him.
Darth Vader: And get a haircut, you look like a girl!

Dark Scizor
19th May 2005, 07:22 PM
Anyone else find General Grievous quite the anti-climatic character? I was expecting more of him.

Dark Sage
19th May 2005, 08:06 PM
Anyone else find General Grievous quite the anti-climatic character? I was expecting more of him.

True, especially after he was such a terror in the Clone Wars cartoon.

Speaking of which, anyone notice that Shaak-Ti was absent in this movie? Did she survive?

stickachu
19th May 2005, 08:44 PM
True, especially after he was such a terror in the Clone Wars cartoon.

Speaking of which, anyone notice that Shaak-Ti was absent in this movie? Did she survive?

I thought it was pretty obvious in the cartoon that she didn't. And even if she survived the fight with Grievous, she died when they killed the rest of the Jedi. I was just surprised at how easily Kitt Fisto and the other Jedi with Mace Windu were taken down.

Oh and I thought this was pretty funny: A conversation with my friend after the movie.

Mike: I was dissappointed that there really wasn't a lot with the wookies.
Me: Well you had the wookies plant the bomb on that droid and the Tarzan wookies
Mike: And Chewbacca carried Yoda for a bit
Me: Yeah, what was with that?
Mike: Well it was always on Yoda's todo list. Train some Jedi, fight some evil, ride a wookie

PNT510
19th May 2005, 09:20 PM
One of my biggest problems with the Vader/Obi Wan lightsaber fight at the end was there were to many fast cuts, and because both were using blue lightsabers alot of it just seemed like one blue blur.

RaZoR LeAf
20th May 2005, 08:24 AM
Wait, it explained what happened to their memory? I mean, I thought they were sold or something and over the years, their owners erased their memories, but how on earth did Wedge get them, and how did they still exist? (or am I reading something wrong?)

C3PO's memory is wiped, but apparently not R2D2's, which leaves alot unexplained. Wedge never got them, there was a Captain Antillies and Wedge Antillies. Antillies is described as being the common name of the universe, like Jones or Smith. It's a common mistake to make.

Dark Sage
20th May 2005, 09:04 AM
Or Wedge might be Captain Antilles's son. That would make sense.

And it does make sense that R2 didn't have his memory wiped. In "A New Hope," he DID recvognize Tatooine, and he knew who Obi-Wan Kenobi was (claiming he was the property of Obi-Wan Kenobi), although when Ben showed up he didn't regognize him at first, as he had gotten much older.

Carbonite4
20th May 2005, 02:16 PM
LoL, that was awesome.

As was the movie. I've seen it twice now, and plan on seeing it again tomorrow.

Dark Scizor
20th May 2005, 03:36 PM
Bloody hell. I might go see it again on Monday or something. I found Anakin jumping for Obi Wan only to get his legs removed quite funny. I don't quite understand why he stopped burning though, because I'm sure he was still clothed and surely they should have kept on burning.

Razola
20th May 2005, 09:43 PM
The last thirty minutes or so are IT. Ewan McGregor makes up for whiny-bitch Anakin.

If God held a gun to Lucas's head and said "Write a romantic story.", Lucas would have his brains splattered everywhere.

Best of the Prequels, and a decent movie in its own right.

MetalScyther
21st May 2005, 08:56 AM
that was fuckin great

kinda spoilers below ==>

i didnt read up or anything, so i still had quite a few plot twists..never new palpatine would be darth sidious. and since its been so long since ive seen the old star wars, i forgot all about leia lol. i was like 'wtf' when they had twins.

but anyway i thought it was seriously cool how anakin turned to the dark side..

that movie was fantastic, all of you should see it

phaedrus
21st May 2005, 06:31 PM
that applause gets annoying on that.

homeofmew
21st May 2005, 09:33 PM
I saw it today, very good movie..

MetalScyther
22nd May 2005, 02:05 AM
The excitement from the movie has worn down a little bit now.

Anyway the second half of the movie was jawesome, but I still have a few gripes. What's with the dialogue?

I was REALLY in the mood, but than I heard "In my opinion, the jedi are evil." What the hell?

And I'm not sure what to think about the frankenvader scene. But surely they could have made anakin becoming vader cooler than a frankenstein scene and a "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" at the end.

But other than that and a few stale moments, the movie was great. Those are my only two complaints.

The movie was seriously a masterpiece. :D

Dark Sage
22nd May 2005, 02:20 AM
I'm just happy that the immortal James Earl Jones got to contribute his distinctive voice to a Star Wars movie one last time...

Dark Scizor
22nd May 2005, 05:29 PM
that applause gets annoying on that.

Ha, anyone in the UK who applauds, or whoops, or whatever people usually do in big cinema releases in the US just get dirty looks and shunnings from the rest of the people in the screen.

Razola
22nd May 2005, 06:17 PM
You have serious problems to not have known Sidious was Palpatine.

It was a good popcorn flick, but not a masterpiece. Shitty writing, poor acting, and PLOTHOLES AHOY. Palpatine and Obi-wan had fantastic performances, but everything else had either manure for lines or acting.

Mostly eye candy, but worth the ticket price.

Water Pokemon Master
22nd May 2005, 06:22 PM
Just thought of something. In Ep. 6, Leia said she remembered her mom in terms of feelings. How could she remember her mom if she was like 30 seconds old? Only explanations I could see for this is that the force helped her to know how her mom was feeling, or that she is a big fat liar who wanted to make Luke feel bad since he doesn't remember his momma!

Anyways, am going to go see the movie in less than an hour.

stickachu
22nd May 2005, 06:32 PM
Just thought of something. In Ep. 6, Leia said she remembered her mom in terms of feelings. How could she remember her mom if she was like 30 seconds old? Only explanations I could see for this is that the force helped her to know how her mom was feeling, or that she is a big fat liar who wanted to make Luke feel bad since he doesn't remember his momma!

Anyways, am going to go see the movie in less than an hour.

When did that happen in Ep 6? I'm trying my hardest but I just can't remember it.

Water Pokemon Master
22nd May 2005, 06:41 PM
From my memory:

Leia, do you remember your mother, your real mother?
Just a little bit. She died when I was very young.
What do you remember?
Images, feelings.
Tell me.
She was very kind, beautiful, yet sad. Why are you asking me this?
I have no memory of my mother. I never knew her.

Jeff
22nd May 2005, 07:04 PM
That's probably one of the plotholes Raz was talking about, I've heard the explanation that Leia was remembering her adoptive mother, but she wouldn't have said that was her real mother, yeah I'll just pass that one off as a plothole.

Water Pokemon Master
22nd May 2005, 07:30 PM
Well, in the original script that was on the internet at the beginning of the year, she had Leia, and talked to her for several minutes. Everyone thought she would be the one to save the Force, and then Padme dies. They then have to cut Luke out afterwards, who is still inside Padme. I think the above made a lot more sense than her just spitting out the babies, saying their names, then dying. It explains how Leia knew what she knew and how they discover she is having two kids instead of one.

Siderous
22nd May 2005, 07:39 PM
Leia never knew that she was adopted. Her adopted mother dies not too long after Leia joins the Organa family. The mother that Leia is describing to Luke in Ep. 6 is Mrs. Organa, Leia's adopted mother. Because Leia never knew she was adopted, she never knew that Vader was her father, or that Padme was her real mother. So, yes, Leia was "lying" to Luke when she said she remembered her mother, but she didn't know that Mrs. Organa wasn't her real mom.

Jeff
22nd May 2005, 08:38 PM
OK that's the explanation I heard, and it makes sense.

Katie
22nd May 2005, 09:07 PM
ok, I finally saw it... it sucked. I thought the first two were ok, and this one just went downhill... it's like they rushed a whole bunch of things, then lingered on boring stuff (I found myself staring at the ceiling in a daydream on more than one occasion) and the love scenes could have been so much better. the last... oh, one fourth or so was pretty cool, I'll give it that. :) cept for some of the corny things, "NOOOOOOOOOOO"
I dunno, maybe it was a great movie, but everyone built it up to be so great that I over-expected?
I must also add a recommendation to anyone who will ever become a parent: do NOT bring your kids to movies that they will not follow. I cannot stress this enough, every movie-goer HATES your kids, because they will never stop asking questions. "is he a bad guy mommy? he's a bad guy right? he looks like a bad guy. is he a bad guy?" christ. I had the privilege to sit next to 6 year old twin boys. not fun.

~Katie

edit: am I the only one who busted up laughing whenever they said "dooku"?

Systematic Revolution
22nd May 2005, 11:21 PM
I just got back from seeing Star Wars III. It ****ing RULED. I think it might be the best one in the series. Not sure yet though. Gonna have to watch the other ones to determine that ;)

EDIT: Katie, I immediately de-matured about 13 years and thought "DOOKIE LOL"

So no. You're not

And oh yeah, I love going into movie theatres when people decide to bring their toddlers, infants, fuckheads and other various small children. They immediately start crying during important parts. It makes me want to "use the force" on their parents, ie FORCEfully kick them in the teeth. Same with people who leave their cell phones on in the theatre. "Oh Annakin, I *RIINNNNGGG* *RIIIINNNNNGGGGG* ham." Then they answer it. And talk. And I throw my freakin snowcaps at their skull in a feeble attempt to kill them. It's just not a good situation.

Water Pokemon Master
23rd May 2005, 12:22 AM
Just came back. Wow.

First, I'll start with the things I hated or found laughable in a negative sense.

The acting. My goodness! Hayden Christe-whatever and Natalie Portman were downright at their worst in this one. When Padme said "Obi Wan said you turned to the dark side!" I cracked up for like three minutes straight. She just sounded sooo fake. Anakin just sounded totally fake throughout the entire thing with his slow-talking voice.

The emperor's voice was so hard to understand after he revealed his face. I couldn't understand a lot of what he said during the end of the film. He also was acting extrememly weird with the way he moved and talked. It was just...weird and hard to explain.

The frankenstein scene. The entire theater went into an uproar of laughter when he said "nooooo!" They REALLY need to fix that scene if they want people to take that part seriously. It was horrible.

Some funny quotes:
1. Anakin and Obi are on these little hover things over lava.
Obi: "Palpatine (or whatever Obi called him) is the true evil!"
Anakin: "Well in my opinion, the jedi are evil!"

2. Padme: "Obi Wan said you turned to the dark side!"
Anakin: "He's a liar!"

Ok, that is all for the bad stuff. Now on to the good stuff.

I have to admit, some scenes were pretty emotional. A lot of people were crying when certain things happened. When Anakin took out his saber in front of those jedi kids - the entire theater was in a state of horror. I felt some tightness inside of me, it was awful. I am so glad they did not show anything too graphic with him killing those kids. It's a good thing this movie is not real. ^_^

Padme giving birth and then dying was pretty sad as well. A lot of people were really making puddles. You guys made it sound like she popped out the twins, named them, then died in like 20 seconds. She actually rubbed Luke and Leia and said some small comments. Very sad when she died, I had some ummm...nevermind.

The lightsaber battles, ship battles, yada yada were awesome. I was sitting there most of the time thinking "How on earth are they able to make all of these graphics? I could never do anything like that."

Some commenting:

After Vader put on his suit and asked about Padme, I got this weird feeling in me. It was like...he doesn't realize what he had done and all of this should have never happened, and what he wanted turned out to be what he destroyed. Nothing that happened was necessary and could had been avoided, yet he lost everything. It was a very strange feeling.

The music was so nostalgia-packed. I sat through all of the credits listening to it (plus I couldn't move my foot since I had sat on it for the whole movie). I don't think it is some of John Williams' best Star Wars music, but it was pretty okay.

Overall, I give this movie a 9/10. After I had sat through the whole thing, I thought of what a genius Lucas is. He planned out the movies so well. Think about it. In the second trilogy, he wouldn't need any of the same actors as in the first, in terms of their faces. 3P0 is in a suit, R2 is in a suit, Vader is in a suit, Obi Wan will have aged too much, Yoda is a puppet, Padme is gone. He just planned out everything so well and it all fit in really well if he were to have split the trilogies up by several years. He did a great job with all of Star Wars.

Razola
23rd May 2005, 06:57 AM
Overall, I give this movie a 9/10. After I had sat through the whole thing, I thought of what a genius Lucas is. He planned out the movies so well. Think about it. In the second trilogy, he wouldn't need any of the same actors as in the first, in terms of their faces. 3P0 is in a suit, R2 is in a suit, Vader is in a suit, Obi Wan will have aged too much, Yoda is a puppet, Padme is gone. He just planned out everything so well and it all fit in really well if he were to have split the trilogies up by several years. He did a great job with all of Star Wars.
Horribly disagree.

Lucas is not a genius. Well, not anymore. Shit, he didn't even direct Empire and had good writers helping with Empire and Hope. When said writers wanted a darker ending to Jedi, Lucas said "no" and they left. What do we get? EWOKS.

And he obviously didn't plan everything out. Obi-wan said in Ep6 he met Anakin when he was already an accomplished fight pilot. Unless being a lucky shit counts (my god that scene in Ep1 still hurts), this is one big hole.

Oh, and how come Jedi can sense all this various shit, but Vader can't sense two people in his wife's womb? And why would it be hard for a father to find his children if he could sense his mother's death and forsee his wife's?

I think too many people are wowed by nifty CGI effects. Oh, I loved every Yoda flip and lightsaber swing, but that's not a good movie. I only cared about one or two characters (Obi-wan, and to a much lesser extent Yoda), and the story just felt bland and rushed. As if Lucas said "Oh shit, I wasted too much time on Jar-Jar, I gotta finish this!" and that was that. Anakin is shocked after killing Mace and it's practically Palpatine saying "Be my bitch" and Anaking is "Yes sir."

You can tell a good plot is there, but Lucas has absolutely no ability to right or direct it.The theater scene was good, why couldn't we get that for Anakin's turn?

Go watch the original trilogy again. It takes more than every CGI effect in the book to make a good movie. Ep3 is a 6/10 or 7/10, simply an enjoyable, brainless action flick.

Water Pokemon Master
23rd May 2005, 08:37 AM
Oh so there were a few plot holes. Let's see you write a second trilogy, then go back 20-30 years later and do the one before it. I don't think it is the easiest thing to do. Most of everything was planned out right, and you have to admit, it is one of the greatest series of movies of all time.

Also, some things I forgot to post. In one of the opening scenes where there are a lot of ships on Coruscant, I saw the Millienium Falcon! I think they just threw it in there like in Attack of the Clones.

And something I realized when I was showering this morning. Padme died because she couldn't take it how Anakin killed people and "turned to the dark side!" If he hadn't done anything, she would still be alive. So, if Anakin would had ignored his dream as Padme told him to, he wouldn't had turned to the dark side (yet), wouldn't have killed all of those people, and Padme wouldn't had died. They could had saved us one whole trilogy by having Anakin kill the Emperor. Point is, though, that if he would had ignored his dream, none of this would had happened, and when you think about it, it's all pretty sad on how everything turned out, since it all could had been avoided.

Carbonite4
23rd May 2005, 10:45 AM
Remember, Yoda says that the Force allows you to see those close to you, even friends long gone.

Leia has a Force connection with her mother, the same way Luke has a connection with Anakin. This is why she only has "images" or "feelings." She doesn't remember her mother, just images and feelings, and I must say, there were a lot of feelings in that scene.

SupremeChampion
23rd May 2005, 12:41 PM
first, let me say that i loved that movie. it was very good, IMO. while it may have been a tad rushed in the beginning, it definately played out very well. there were some funny parts, whether they were supposed to be or not, and overall it was great. the lightsaber battles in this one were much better than in episode II. The fight scenes in general were good. and i think the showing of anakin's desent (sp?) into the dark side was really cool. like i said before, overl a great movie.

~The Italian Stallion

Razola
23rd May 2005, 03:25 PM
Oh so there were a few plot holes. Let's see you write a second trilogy, then go back 20-30 years later and do the one before it. I don't think it is the easiest thing to do. Most of everything was planned out right, and you have to admit, it is one of the greatest series of movies of all time.
He has done jack shit in the years between episode 6 and 1. He had plenty of time to get a good script down, and instead decided to wait until the last minute when all his precious CGIs were available.

And something I realized when I was showering this morning. Padme died because she couldn't take it how Anakin killed people and "turned to the dark side!" If he hadn't done anything, she would still be alive. So, if Anakin would had ignored his dream as Padme told him to, he wouldn't had turned to the dark side (yet), wouldn't have killed all of those people, and Padme wouldn't had died. They could had saved us one whole trilogy by having Anakin kill the Emperor. Point is, though, that if he would had ignored his dream, none of this would had happened, and when you think about it, it's all pretty sad on how everything turned out, since it all could had been avoided.
A shame, like everything, it as executed in the utmost of cheese. I instead believe that she was just dying from a combination of childbirth, low morale, and Vader's force choke. Keep in mind the force choke might have been hard for droid medics to explain.

Dark Sage
23rd May 2005, 05:17 PM
To anyone trying to ruin this fantastic movie and the genious of George Lucas by calling any part of "Revenge of the Sith" by the term "cheese", I have a lot of things to say to you...

However, because I don't want to be banned from the board, I can only say one of them:

You have lousy taste in movies.

This was an EXCELLENT film. And I'm not just talking about FX. It may not have been the best love story, but it had everything a Star Wars fan could want.

And by the way... Padme died from grief because the man she loved had turned into a monster. That is a simple explanation which should not be over-analyzed.

- Venusaur

P.S. Okay, maybe I expected Grievous to be a little more formidable, but that's my only complaint. I still liked Grievous, and a friend of mine liked him too.

Water Pokemon Master
23rd May 2005, 05:23 PM
Oh yeah, Grievous wasn't even scary. In the cartoon, he is much more evil, but in this movie, they kind of made a joke out of him.

Also, what was that thing in the center of him? Was it a beating heart? I dropped my popcorn when it showed that part, so I only saw like a second of it.

Roy Karrde
23rd May 2005, 05:28 PM
Yeah it was a heart I believe. One thing I noticed was that they cut out the whole Qui Gon Jinn Convo that he had with Yoda, instead they just flash forward to where he finished meditating. Something that has been bugging me though, is that if it takes years of meditation and training to achieve being able to come back after death, then how did Vader achieve it at the end of ROTJ?

MetalScyther
23rd May 2005, 05:32 PM
Lucas is a faggot. Why the hell did he waste the first two movies with jar jar, an underwater city, farting noises, and pod races? Episode 3 has a LOT of story to cover, and frankly for what it had to cover it did it well, but seriously, this shoulda been spread out a little more. Episode 1 for example didn't really mean much in the end scheme of things. :(

And BTW, it would have been cool to actually see how vader turned into the emotionless badass he was in the OT. But due to poor planning on Lucas' part, it never happened. Instead we just see vader at the end and than 20 years later in Ep4. There was a lot of potential there.

Water Pokemon Master
23rd May 2005, 05:33 PM
I have a feeling that the DVD will be extended. They probably had to cut out scenes since the movie was pretty long already. I am sure they will put in more scenes that will clarify things.

MetalScyther
23rd May 2005, 05:47 PM
I hope so. How much do they usually cut out in the theatrical version?

Razola
23rd May 2005, 06:44 PM
To anyone trying to promote this goofball movie and the insanity of George Lucas by calling any part of "Revenge of the Sith" by the term "fantasic", I have a lot of things to say to you...

However, because I don't want to be banned from the board, I can only say one of them:

You have lousy taste in movies..
Oh look, I can do it too!

It's an okay movie. I almost laughed whenever Padme and Anakin had dialogue together. Not fantastic.

Han/Leia was a love story. Anakin/Padme was juvenile.

EDIT: It's called a plothole, Roy Karrde.

Water Pokemon Master
23rd May 2005, 07:11 PM
I am just going to randomly post in here everytime I think of something.

Why didn't they give the brats to Amidala's mother and father? I think they are closer in family than a half brother and his unmarried wife, as well as some random king and queen from another planet.

Also, I forgot to mention that in one of the opening scenes, I saw the Milennium Falcon fly into a landing area. I screamed out about it and pointed, but no one else saw it.

In the part where Anakin has no legs and is using his robot arm to move himself away from the lava, how is it that everyone who stood on the ground by him did not get burned? I would think that the ground would be scorching hot and would be like standing on an oven or something. Must be another Star Wars defying physics thing.

Dark Scizor
23rd May 2005, 07:35 PM
It's an okay movie. I almost laughed whenever Padme and Anakin had dialogue together. Not fantastic.

Han/Leia was a love story. Anakin/Padme was juvenile.

Although I enjoyed this movie, I can't not agree with you on that point. Overall, I wouldn't give it any higher then an 8/10. Anakin and Padme's acting was definately a let down. Same with the way Anakin was like..."What have I done?!" when he caused the death of the most pimpin' Jedi in the galaxy and gets over it rather quickly after the initial shock and becomes Darth Vader.

stickachu
23rd May 2005, 09:24 PM
Although I enjoyed this movie, I can't not agree with you on that point. Overall, I wouldn't give it any higher then an 8/10. Anakin and Padme's acting was definately a let down. Same with the way Anakin was like..."What have I done?!" when he caused the death of the most pimpin' Jedi in the galaxy and gets over it rather quickly after the initial shock and becomes Darth Vader.

I just saw that as him accepting his fate. I mean, once you kill one of the highest ranking Jedi, there's not really any turning back. But I do agree with you on the score.... I really liked ROTS but I wouldn't give it higher than an 8.

Razola
23rd May 2005, 10:16 PM
I just saw that as him accepting his fate. I mean, once you kill one of the highest ranking Jedi, there's not really any turning back.
This is funny because he ultimately does turn back.

stickachu
23rd May 2005, 10:29 PM
This is funny because he ultimately does turn back.

Well that was a deathbed repentance. Not really the same as a 20 something Jedi turning back soon after killing Samuel L Jackson, who, coincidentally, dies in almost every movie he's in.

EDIT: Okay, poor word choice. But what I mean is, his last act was an act of good. The difference is, he makes a heroic move to save his son as his last act, as opposed to when he's younger and he chooses the dark side to save Padme. Darth's feelings for others are his primary motivators in his actions.

Dark Sage
23rd May 2005, 10:36 PM
It wasn't just a "deathbead repentance". He died doing an act of incredible heroism, slaying Emperor Palpatine (the incarnation of evil) with no regard for his own safety. In fact, he knew he wouldn't survive doing it. His final act was that of a heroic Jedi and a martyr to their cause, not that of a Sith.

You might say that he actually DID bring balance to The Force...

Razola
24th May 2005, 01:38 AM
Mace is a master of Form VII fighting, the ONLY light side master of it (it relies on focusing hate and rage). Anakin didn't kill Mace so much out of strong feelings but out of respect for an important aspect of the light side: mercy.

I'm not convinced by the turn. Anakin kills Mace, and basically Emp says "Hey, wanna be evil now?" It's paced like shit, and after the excellent theater scene I expected a lot more.

Kris
24th May 2005, 04:23 AM
WPM the reason the kids were given to who they were given to (that makes sense in my mind) was becase they needed to be split. They didnt want Vader or anyone else on the dark side to sense them and to go after them and kill them. This was because they knew the chances were Luke would have the same powers as his father.

So when the guy said hed take Lei, they accepted as she would be out of the way. No one would think to look there for her. They sent Luke to his closest family that he had, which was in the middle of no where. Hoping that Vader would never go near this area , and would never discover Lukes prescence.

Razola
24th May 2005, 05:21 AM
They assumed Vader would have no desire to go back to Tatoonie, and I guess being daughter to the Queen would make it hard for him to just snatch her.

But I guess the latter didn't pan out.

Craig
24th May 2005, 06:58 PM
then how did Vader achieve it at the end of ROTJ?

Because he is the chosen one duh :rolleyes:

Why didn't they give the brats to Amidala's mother and father? I think they are closer in family than a half brother and his unmarried wife, as well as some random king and queen from another planet.

They had to hide the kids, genius.

I remember hearing somewhere that General Grievous is actually Darth Maul. Which would explain why he had a beating heart and you could clearly see flesh and blood behind his robotic mask thing.

Anakin, you're breaking my heart!

:rotfl:

Does anyone else except me hate how George Lucas uses dissolves? Instead of just fading or whatever, it always has to swoop from the side, or go into a little circle into nothing.... god I hate it. Its so distracting.

Here's something I wondered... who was Palpatine's mentor ? Darth who?

Did anyone else except me think the entire "OH MY GOD I AM MUTATING" part with the force lightning was just ridiculously lame? I don't think they built up Anakin/Palpatine's relationship enough to justify him kicking serious ass in his defense.

He did bring balance to the force, there was 2 dark jedi.. and by the end there were 2 light jedi

Palpatine/Vader ..and then Yoda/Obi-wan. Obi-wan died off and was replaced by Luke though.

Unfortunately the jedi council neglected to notice that balance does not mean 100% light 0% dark ...haha "pwned"

Dark Sage
24th May 2005, 07:04 PM
Here's something I wondered... who was Palpatine's mentor ? Darth who?

That will likely remain a mystery, but I have a theory.

At the opera (or whatever), where Anakin spoke to Palpatine, Palpatine told him the story of a Sith... um, I forget his name, but his title was "the Wise". This guy knew how to keep people from dying, but he lost that power, and his apprentice killed him in his sleep.

I believe that Palpatine told this story because this guy was his mentor. The story is part of his own history.

In other words, I believe Palpatine was so evil, he killed his own teacher. (Even if the guy in the story wasn't his mentor, that is likely the case.)

Water Pokemon Master
24th May 2005, 07:08 PM
Oh yeah, that was the other thing. The screen wipes were really weird in this movie, almost like a Powerpoint. And yes, I do agree they were distracting and weird.

Jeff
24th May 2005, 08:29 PM
At the opera (or whatever), where Anakin spoke to Palpatine, Palpatine told him the story of a Sith... um, I forget his name, but his title was "the Wise". This guy knew how to keep people from dying, but he lost that power, and his apprentice killed him in his sleep.

I believe that Palpatine told this story because this guy was his mentor. The story is part of his own history.

In other words, I believe Palpatine was so evil, he killed his own teacher. (Even if the guy in the story wasn't his mentor, that is likely the case.)

Bingo, that's exactly what I've been hearing, look back in this thread, I know it's in here somwhere. Darth P(something)

Water Pokemon Master
24th May 2005, 09:01 PM
Which is what Vader does to Palpatine, except that Vader goes with him.

Roy Karrde
24th May 2005, 09:06 PM
The Tradgety of Darth Plagueis the Wise

The legend goes he could directly influence the midi-chlorians to create life; * How Anakin was born? Palpetine influencing the Midi-Chlorians in Anakin's mom? * with such knowledge, to maintain life in someone already living would seem a small matter. To safeguard his power's existance, he taught the path toward it to his apprentice, and his apprentice killed him in his sleep. Plageuis never saw it coming. That's the tragic irony, he could save anyone in the galaxy from death, except himself.

^ Exerpts from page 227 of the book.

Water Pokemon Master
24th May 2005, 09:29 PM
Wow, I am pretty sure that is very close to being almost like the exact line from the movie. Guess they base the movies off of the books a lot.

MetalScyther
24th May 2005, 09:45 PM
gee, who woulda thought

Carbonite4
24th May 2005, 10:11 PM
Wow, I am pretty sure that is very close to being almost like the exact line from the movie. Guess they base the movies off of the books a lot.

...or the other way around...

Dark Sage
24th May 2005, 10:15 PM
The screenplay was written first; the book came after most of the filming was done.

Actually, the screenplay for this movie was written years ago, according to Lucas.

In short, the movie came before the book.

Razola
25th May 2005, 02:12 AM
As far as the Sith goes, it's not surprising for the apprentice to kill the master. You could tell that Palpatine was already expecting it from Anakin.

Carbonite4
25th May 2005, 11:17 AM
As far as the Sith goes, it's not surprising for the apprentice to kill the master. You could tell that Palpatine was already expecting it from Anakin.

Yep. So it's kind of bittersweet that Anakin got put in the suit. On one hand, Anakin is no longer powerful enough to overthrow Palpatine. On the other, Anakin isn't as powerful as Palpatine thought he could be.

Poor Anakin, though. He sold his soul to the devil, and didn't quite get what he wanted...

Water Pokemon Master
28th May 2005, 12:18 AM
Am watching Episode IV and remembered something.

Did anyone notice that at the end when Darth Vader is on the Empire ship, one of the commanders looks like that Governor Tarkin (sp?) guy? He is the one with the high cheek bones who orders Alderaan to go kaboom. That gave me some heavy nostalgia when I saw that.

Anyways, I am going to go see Episode III again on Sunday. I can't wait to see what I missed from the first time. :D

Damian Silverblade
28th May 2005, 01:38 AM
You are not wanted here, leave.

Razola
1st June 2005, 05:11 AM
http://www.vgcats.com/comics/images/050531.jpg

Heald
1st June 2005, 06:24 AM
^ - It's true about General Grievous. Considering the hype whipped up around him by Lucas, Star Wars nerds, the Clone Wars series and those Star Wars magazines, here's how I expected the first five minutes of the movie to go:

After the whole scrolling yellow text finishes and the orchestra goes 'waaaaa...' as the camera pans down, Grievous' ship is the only thing in space. Debris of other spacecraft and planets and moons are scattered around, and dismembered torsos float around too. The ship is also shaped like a giant skull. Inside the ship, Grievous is sitting on his throne made from the skulls of his enemies. Corpses of women and children litter his sanctum and he is chewing on the legs of a dead five-year old girl. He sees one of the corpses move and then he realises that one of the woman is still alive, but just barely. Nonetheless, he fires laser beams from his eyes at the woman and she instantly turns into a skeleton. One of those awesome bodyguards enters and bows, saying "Lord Grievous, your council has been assembled."
He laughs evilly and summons his council and through the door enter some of the best badasses in the universe, for example Professor Moriarty, Blackbeard, The Rat King, Darth Vader, Slade, Krang, Skeletor, King Piccolo and Darth Maul are just the few among them. While drinking dark ale they come up with the masterplan to destroy the universe. However, Grievous endows them with Sith powers so they'll be able to take on the Jedi. They then invade the Jedi Planet and proceed to eat every Jedi on the planet.

And that's just the first five minutes. The rest of the movie would involve rape, pillage and guitar solos.

Water Pokemon Master
2nd June 2005, 08:25 AM
I wonder if Lucas will go through with his Episode 0 thinking-out-loud plan. It would be cool to see what everything was like long before Anakin was born with Yoda and the fall of the Sith.

Heald
2nd June 2005, 08:53 AM
I wonder if Lucas will go through with his Episode 0 thinking-out-loud plan. It would be cool to see what everything was like long before Anakin was born with Yoda and the fall of the Sith.Try reading the books.

Crystal Mew
4th June 2005, 05:57 PM
Saw the movie yesterday. Well let me start off by saying, I thought it was going to be some great movie, with all the hype its been having, and I must say I was let down. Through the first hour and a half I was sitting there thinking "I wonder when something really exciting will happen..there has to be more than this!"
I think the acting was really bad. its ok Hayden, at least you have looks! :yes: (he wasn't the only one either)

I was kinda lost because I have only seen each movie once, if that, and never really paid attention so yeah.

Maybe it was just me, but I didn't think Padme (or however you spell it) looked very pregnant. Sure, she wore a dress that kinda disguised the fact that she was, but those babies looked like normal sized newborn babies, plus there was TWO. She just didn't look pregnant to me. :shrug:

I will also agree with Katie here and say stupid little kids should never be brought to the movies. These kids behind us kept asking their mom everything, and at the very beginning she was reading..whatever that is in the beginning of star wars very loudly. annoying @_@

I got sad at the end tho, I felt very bad for anakin. poor guy

so I dunno, I'm not one of these star war nerds, I honestly didn't like it that well. Again, it wasn't all it was cracked up to be.

p.s- I'm so sick of seeing everything with star wars on it. jeeze

Water Pokemon Master
4th June 2005, 07:09 PM

Razola
6th June 2005, 11:16 AM
I wonder if Lucas will go through with his Episode 0 thinking-out-loud plan. It would be cool to see what everything was like long before Anakin was born with Yoda and the fall of the Sith.
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00006IR62.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg

Kris
6th June 2005, 04:50 PM
Raz where did you get that from?

Heald
6th June 2005, 04:58 PM
A video games shop I'd assume.

sesshomaru
6th June 2005, 05:28 PM
That game is cool. I have almost beat it.