PDA

View Full Version : Pokémon XD Gale Of Darkness

Silent Dragonfly
12th May 2005, 02:20 PM
Serebii.net has new information about the upcoming new Pokémon GC game. It seems the Shadow Pokémon Project has been revived and the new hero has gotten hold of a Snag Machine and a Scope to seek out dark auras of Shadow Pokémon and a Lv5 Eevee. A Shadow Lugia seems to be a part of the storyline, and should provide GBA players with this legendary previously unavaliable through normal play.

EDIT: pokefor.tk has scans from CoroCoro, which have featured the game.

Chris Watarimono
12th May 2005, 02:35 PM
Hmmm...if that's the case, then this XD game is going to be something like Pokémon Colosessum, if not something exactly like it. I never played Colosessum before, but I heard it wasn't exactly the best Pokémon game around, so this may not be a wise choice unless Nintendo plan to use it to market Lug(h)ia, which they pretty much will.

-Chris R.

Kari and Mewtwo
12th May 2005, 10:18 PM
I still say it shouldve been called Pokemon LMAO

Silent Dragonfly
13th May 2005, 07:14 PM

Apprently XD stand for Xtra Dimension, probably due to it being a 3D game, rather than the standard 2D GBA games.

PokePaul
13th May 2005, 07:55 PM
I hated Colosseum, the only slight bit of enjoyment I got out of it was making the main character run in the opposite direction so the irritating ginger girl moonwalked backwards. Arf! I thought the whole "only catch 'dark' Pokemon" thing was a bit rubbish too. And this new game sounds exactly the same ...

Jeff
13th May 2005, 08:05 PM

I would prefer Pokemon WTF myself...

I seriously hope this won't be just a "OMG CATCH LUGIA!!!!!!111!!" filler game. Colloseum was decent, but not what it could have been, and I seriously hope they don't keep this game from living up to what it could be.

Kari and Mewtwo
14th May 2005, 02:59 AM
Why another game? All pokemon are currently obtainable (yes, even Lugia is legally obtainable through the MysticTicket)

Also I see Munchlax wtf?

Something tells me it wont be RSFLE compatable any time soon.

Silent Dragonfly
14th May 2005, 04:58 AM
Munchlax is purely gonna be a plug for Diamond/Pearl. I seriously doubt it's obtainable and even if it is it'll be the one poke that you can't trade.

Dark Scizor
15th May 2005, 02:26 PM
Hmmm...if that's the case, then this XD game is going to be something like Pokémon Colosessum, if not something exactly like it. I never played Colosessum before, but I heard it wasn't exactly the best Pokémon game around, so this may not be a wise choice unless Nintendo plan to use it to market Lug(h)ia, which they pretty much will.

-Chris R.

I hated Colosseum, the only slight bit of enjoyment I got out of it was making the main character run in the opposite direction so the irritating ginger girl moonwalked backwards. Arf! I thought the whole "only catch 'dark' Pokemon" thing was a bit rubbish too. And this new game sounds exactly the same ...

That sums it up for me. Apart from I got her trapped behind things so I could venture alone for about 10 seconds before i went into a door, another city or whatever. I am no longer looking forward to this game, though I didn't care much for it in the first place, the little bit of hope just went through the window.

Edit: I just went on pokefor as you said it had pics of the game. I retract my previous statement, I have no hope for this game. The only thing that looks relatively decent is the Lugia, everything else looks lame.

Arnen
11th July 2005, 05:17 PM
The whole "Dark Pokemon" thing would be a good idea, if you could also capture wild Pokemon. As it is, I found it very annoying not to be able to customize my team as I wanted. Also, the small number of towns and the fact that you couldn't walk from one to the other was also a cause of annoyance. If this new game is going to bring back those aspects, I don't think I'll buy it.

mr_pikachu
12th July 2005, 01:22 AM
Apprently XD stand for Xtra Dimension, probably due to it being a 3D game, rather than the standard 2D GBA games.

See, I would think it'd stand for an overused smiley. But that's just my opinion.

Well, I'm still hopeful at this point. The official Pokemon site also has some info, and Munchlax apparently won't be the only new Pokemon to be in this game. (There seems to be a pre-evo of Sudowoodo, if I remember correctly.) Still, some of the images don't look too great. I suppose we can only wait and see.

rinku
14th July 2005, 12:50 AM
Apparently there will be some ability to catch wild pokémon.

I like Colosseum. Sure, I think they could have done a better job, but at least they *tried* to do something different, instead of just a 3D version of the GBA template. It isn't a bad game.

From what I've heard, they've addressed a lot of the problems with Colosseum - there will be 1v1 battles for example.

Silent Dragonfly
14th July 2005, 06:01 AM
Bird Trio confirmed as Shadow Pokémon, as well as UUs such as Tangela, Farfetch'd.
Shadow Attacks (Shadow Rush, Shadow Wave, Shadow Rave etc.) are Super Effective on everything that isn't a Shadow Pokémon.
Bird Trio have signature moves, Shadow Freeze/Thunder/Fire with high chances of respective status effect.
Codename: XD001 (Lugia) has the signature move Shadowblast, essentially the same as Aeroblast.

Poryhedron
14th July 2005, 05:29 PM
Oh dear...they're making lots of Shadow moves that are all Shadow _____? That's unfortunate...heavy chance of beginners getting confused about Shadow Ball and Shadow Punch, both Ghost-type attacks.

The Muffin Man
15th July 2005, 12:58 PM
I would prefer Pokemon WTF myself...

I seriously hope this won't be just a "OMG CATCH LUGIA!!!!!!111!!" filler game. Colloseum was decent, but not what it could have been, and I seriously hope they don't keep this game from living up to what it could be.

Pokemon ^_^ or Pokemon :O would be better in my opinion.

Although I'm partial to Pokemon: http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v390/DarkshadowMike/winky.gif

Also, if this game lets me catch more than just shadow pokemon I might buy it. If it makes it the only way but purifying isn't some ungodly process that takes 30 hours of play, I might buy it. If it does both, I WILL buy it.

pp
21st July 2005, 07:45 PM
This post was spam. Neat looking spam, but spam nonetheless.

-Raz

Chris 2.1
11th August 2005, 05:21 PM
It's cool that loads of Pokes have new attacks. I'm surprised so many get refresh, it seems a bit of a common attack now and I can imagine it being exploited (ie: less status effects in matches). Some attacks are cool (Lugia with Psychoboost?! Calm mind that and we're away...) and Will-O-Wisp on Moltres is cool too.

Sceptile_Master
14th August 2005, 07:17 PM
Will-o-wisp whould add to Moltres' usability. Hopefully we can fit that into a strategy of some sort. Although I don't see how psycho-boost would help too much on Lugia as your calm mind would just be brought back down and more after you have used it. Also the bird trios new attacks sound sweet. Does this mean your handheld games will be patched perhaps if you trade the pokemon over to them?

And to one of those spammers that caused us to ban new users from registering I could pull a better mario ASCII art of of my butt. Seriously.

Razola
17th August 2005, 10:04 AM
Oh dear...they're making lots of Shadow moves that are all Shadow _____? That's unfortunate...heavy chance of beginners getting confused about Shadow Ball and Shadow Punch, both Ghost-type attacks.
Uh...how about Nintendo calling them "Dark Pokemon" when "Dark" is a pokemon type?

Laziness for the win...apparently.

zackmackjack
1st February 2006, 06:59 PM
hey do any of you know where to get leyda (the ladbug pokemon) i cant find it. HELP!

Number1ChanseyFan
1st February 2006, 09:37 PM
[color=magenta]Hi, I already answered your post asking this question in the General Discussion forum, but if you happen to look here first, here is what I wrote in that topic.

You can snag the Shadow Ledyba at Gateon Port. You will need to use the rotating bridges and get to the little area all the way to the right, which is close to the Krabby Klub. There, you can fight Casual Guy Cyle, who has the Shadow Ledyba.

BTW, just for future reference, this board is the better one to be posting in for game help, not General Discussion. Anyways, I hope this info helps you!! ^_^