PDA

View Full Version : Some sort of error.

Darien Shields
17th May 2005, 12:20 PM
I picked up my (Japanese) Pokemon Fire Red for the first time in ages the other day and started thumbing through my Pokedex. When I got to Latios it played its cry and it just came out as this long garbled piece of interference, and I couldn't do anything and it just kept playing until I turned my game off. I turned it back on and it seemed fine (I even checked Latios's entry again, and the cry played fine), but I cycled about a bit and the same thing happened (same interference sound, I think it was prompted by an egg hatching this time.) I haven't played since, because I was worried that I might be damaging my game by doing so (I don't even know if the save is intact right now.)

Does anyone know what the problem is, how dangerous it is, and what the remedy is? I have a compatable copy of Box, so if I had to restart I could put all my pokemon on that, providing the game doesn't crash before or during that.

Thanks for readin'.

Jeff
17th May 2005, 12:29 PM
Hmmm, I've never heard that before, but I have heard of thunderbolt and thundershock doing the same thing occasionally when they are used. Perhaps this is the same thing?

riot mankey
18th May 2005, 04:50 AM
Hmmm, I've never heard that before, but I have heard of thunderbolt and thundershock doing the same thing occasionally when they are used. Perhaps this is the same thing?

My Saphire game did that t-bolt thing not long after I first got it. I could still play it fine, just that noise was a little annoying. It doesn't damage your game (I think).

Curious... DS were you still able to play it? Maybe you don't need to worry. Then again this is Fire Red... but different language versions can have different glitches similar to each other, just in different places and stuff...

Darien Shields
18th May 2005, 07:55 AM
Curious... DS were you still able to play it? Maybe you don't need to worry. Then again this is Fire Red... but different language versions can have different glitches similar to each other, just in different places and stuff...

After the sound thing started the game essentially crashed. It just kept playing this long garbled interference noise, and I couldn't do anything (i.e. the controls were not responsive) until I turned it off. Lemme check and see if my saved game's still there...

Yup, all is well on my save file. Still, I don't fancy running into that error again, you never know when it might throw a wrench in the works. If anyone knows anything more about it I'd really appreciate info, even if it's like "Your game has poke-lepracy, you are duumed."

riot mankey
18th May 2005, 02:35 PM
I know this sounds daunting, but maybe you should try deleting the saved game? Who knows, it could be something you've done in the course of the game to trigger a glitch... like something you won't notice that's only encrypted in the coding, like look the wrong way standing on a certain square?

Dunno, just guessing, but oh well...

Darien Shields
18th May 2005, 03:12 PM
I know this sounds daunting, but maybe you should try deleting the saved game? Who knows, it could be something you've done in the course of the game to trigger a glitch... like something you won't notice that's only encrypted in the coding, like look the wrong way standing on a certain square?

Dunno, just guessing, but oh well...

I might try that (after shipping all my pokemon to box) if I had some guarantee it would work. As things stand, I find that unlikely. I didn't notice this error last time I played, and I haven't done much since then, nothing dramatic. I think it might be in some way be related to the game not being used, like it just rotted or something :cry: