PDA

View Full Version : Labyrinth: Shattered Minds (sign-ups) *MATURE*

Outlaw JT
20th May 2005, 01:20 AM
Cold eyes looked over the computerized model of the maze. It was unlike anything that had been previously constructed. The style changed from room to room, corridor to corridor. You could step from feudal Japan to futuristic metallic by walking through a single door. Not a single style of architecture known to man had been overlooked in the design of this monstrous labyrinth.

"Sir, the last subject has been apprehended. They're being transported to medical now," a messenger entered the war room with a swish.

"Excellent. How many casualties this time?" a cold voice answered without lifting it's gaze from the model.

"Thirteen, sir," the messenger gulped audibly announcing the number of men that died in this latest pursuit.

"Interesting. Only one short of the record," the cold voice paused in contemplation. "How long till they can be inserted into the maze? I am anxious for the test to begin."

"Approximately one hour and thirteen minutes, sir," the messenger sighed with relief.

"Finally! I have been looking forward to this for quite some time. Now we will finally know who is the best and what their limits are," the cold voice carried through the room with a sinister wave. "Now the real fun begins!"

You wake up inside a small 10 by 10 foot room. Your head is ringing like someone had just dropped a building on it. Your vision is a little blurred at first but slowly begins to clear. The walls surrounding you are bleached white like you might find in an asylum. The tiny room has no windows and no furniture to make yourself comfortable on. All you can see is a plain white door with no handle and a small six inch by one foot glass pane just below eye level. There also seems to be a moderately sized toolbox in the corner. It is about this time that you realize one horrifying thing. You have no idea who in the hell you are. All of your memories are completely gone. And just then a voice creeps into your ear, and the game has begun!

Codename: (it will be printed on the prison style uniform you will be wearing)
Appearance: (everyone will be wearing the same dark gray prison style jumpsuit with a white undershirt and black boots but what do you specifically look like? how old do you look?)
Personality: (how you seem to think, act, and feel)
Weapon of Choice: (you won't know it now but it will be important later....... and don't everyone choose the same weapon, be creative and inventive)
Skills: (things you seem to be good at for some reason)
Other: (any nervous ticks or behavioral patterns you may exhibit...... everyone should have at least one)

It has been long enough since the last time I created an RPG! The word of the day here is mystery. You can play your character however you want them to be now, but who knows who they were before? Enjoy!! ;-)

DaRk MeWtWo
21st May 2005, 11:18 AM
AHEM...k...after da death of 1...2...3...4 RPGs, I've figured I'd best sign up for one with a 100% dedicated GM =D

Codename: Reboot
Appearance: Click here, apologies for ToS influence, of course, he'll have uniform, not that outfit (http://www.advancedanime.com/pictures/Regal.jpg)

Personality: NEGATIVE--I mean negative like all HeLl. This guy is the most pessimistic thing you've ever seen--and sometimes resorts to violence as well, but at his heart he's really just confused. Regarding friendships, well, he doesn't have any so...not because he doesn't trust, want to have one, but always looks on bad side of things and keeps letting his temper get da best of him.

Weapon of Choice: SWORD!! lol j/k. Um, how about VERY long and VERY big claws (perhaps exoskeleton attachments, not thinking Wolverine here, more like Doomsday, if you know who he is O_o)
Skills: Well, for one reason or another, he has a thing with electronics, and can usually hack into low-to-medium level security regarding any mechanical, electronic, etc program/machine. He needs to be in direct access to one, however, and is NOT an adept at re-wiring and all that shiz.
Other: His fists are always clenched as if he's constantly pissed...uh yeah that should be it...they're clinched even though he's not angry. O_o

That should be it JT. SeRiOuSlY, I want this RPG to go places. 's getting depressed that everything's dying these days ._. ^_~

EDIT: TaDa ~ okay now?
EDIT II: YaTaDa ~ Reboot sounds good with his skills. I was going for Shredder once I read JT's codename but they sound too similar so yeah.

sesshomaru
21st May 2005, 11:36 AM
Codename: The Black Fang
Appearance:Is in attatchments
Personality: Usually is calm, but can let anger get the best of me. I think qiuckly under pressure. I feel like the world is against me.
Weapon of Choice: Axepike. An axepike is a spear with axes comming out of opposite sides near the top of the spear.
Skills: Art and devising stratagies.
Other: Mouth twitches a bit if embarresed.

Outlaw JT
21st May 2005, 03:58 PM
Better post my form......

Codename: Ripper
Appearance: His hair is short and spiky, bleach white in color with blue streaks from his temples all the way back. His eyes are violet in color and very reflective. Ripper has a very mischievous grin and his face makes it very hard to read what he is really thinking or feeling. He has a very slender athletic build but something about the way he carries himself says he is stronger than he looks. He has a red tear drop tattooed under the outside corner of his right eye and a vertical scar that runs from atop the center of his left eye to about level with the bottom of his thin nose. He also has a tattoo of an 8-ball on his right hand. It isn't visible under the uniform but he has a large tattoo on his back that is a pair of crossed swords with pair of twin oriental dragons wrapped around them.
Personality: He seems to be a bit sarcastic with people but otherwise has a good sense of humor and relatively high spirits. Nothing seems to be able to sour his mood. He can be really playful. None of this is to say he isn't a serious person. He is deathly serious half of the time but his demeanor usually hides it flawlessly.
Weapon of Choice: knives (throwing, dual or single wielding, any type of knife usage really)
Skills: He has impeccable aim when throwing things and perfect balance. He also seems to be good at all manner of acrobatics.
Other: Whenever he has something relatively small in his possession he tends to fidget with it in his hands (coins, knives, pebbles, etc). Also, his scarred eye will twitch occasionally while he is talking.

A couple of notes......... there won't be any supernatural talents or skills here. Having a knack for electronics is great but you wouldn't be able to manipulate them just by thinking about it. Also, leave weapon or fighting skills out of the form. They will be assumed with your weapon of choice. Also, think concealable when choosing your weapon. A spear-like weapon is far too big to conceal on one's person even when wearing a big long coat. One last note..... have either of you seen Top Gun? Think of a codename as more of a nickname for that person rather than a number designation.

If anyone here remembers how Rising Sun was run back in the day, this rpg will have similarities. Meaning I will be an active GM and information/events will be leaked to the RPers regularly based on how well/frequently they post.

Anjana's Halo
1st June 2005, 08:07 PM
Codename: Sinner
Appearance: Raggedly cut long brown hair, muddy green eyes, and small delicate hands. Her face is oval in shape and her emotions are easily read. She also has a circular scar on the inside of her left wrist.
Personality: Severely confused at the moment, and feeling fairly violent toward whoever put her in this situation. She's not a "Shoot first, ask questions later" sort of person, but if the situation turns into "kill of be killed", she'll kill.
Weapon of Choice: Nunchucks. No one chose nunchucks yet.
Skills: she seems to have a perfect photographic memory.
Other: when her hands are at rest, they shake.

Weasel Overlord
4th June 2005, 02:07 PM
Codename: Archer (No puns intended! I just like the name...)
Appearance: Archer has long silvery hair which she keeps plaited. She uses a length of dark purple ribbon to tie the large bunch of plaits back from her face.
She had a slight tan that accentuates her bold grey eyes and her features are delicate, quite disproportionate to her stubborn nature. She is quite short in stature but she makes up for it with her indomitable nature.
Personality: Archer is stubborn, sometimes to the extreme and when she’s made up her mind about something, she rarely changes it again. Despite this, she is reluctant to act as a leader-type, preferring to follow sensible orders.
Weapon of Choice: a bow, if that's ok...clicky clicky (http://www.by-the-sword.com/acatalog/images/fb-01.JPG) Make it foldable, so it can be hidden easily!
Skills: Accuracy, whether with her bow or her day-to-day life. She’s also extremely nimble, often being able to jump further than the average person and run faster than most.
Other: Archer has a habit of squinting when trying to see into the distance, giving her a rather rakish look. She also hates anyone going near her weapons...not even touching them...seriously! If you so much as reach out to her bow, she’s likely to hit you...hard...in the mouth!

Darkmaster Kagemusha
11th July 2005, 12:14 AM
Codename: Bind
Appearance: Fairly tall, though one wouldn't know how tall, due to the fact that he constantly slouches. He has ragged dirty blonde hair that sometimes gets in the way of his eyes, which are an unsettlingly-dark brown, enhanced, perhaps, by the darkness that hangs beneath them, as if he were deprived of sleep for a great deal of time. He is not attractive, nor is he ugly--quite plain, but for the fatigue that has been imbued in his face, though his dark eyes betray no sleeplessness, nor do they show hidden life. Looking at him, one would not easily determine his age any more accurately than he would answer the question--more than 14, less than 40. His upper arms and chest appear to be quite weak, whereas his legs, forearms, back, and shoulders are oddly muscled.
Personality: Bind is unstable; while his actually personality is one of concern and logic, small things can switch him into a state if psychotic frenzy--making him perform insane acts with no consideration for the concequences.
Weapon of Choice: Whips, chains, steel cable, wire--anything he can flail, whip, or tie people up with.
Skills: Quite adept at regaining his balance at very odd angles in order to avoid many of his weapons as he swings them around--which is another thing he is quite good at. He enjoys tying people up for no reason, and does so quite swiftly and stealthfully, so most of the time he's undetected until he finishes.
Other: Besides his personality disorder, he quite often pops his shoulders, wrists, fingers, and neck, and his eyes shake rapidly side to side from time to time, impairing his vision momentarily.

Outlaw JT
9th August 2005, 09:11 PM
I am just posting to see if everyone's interest is still there for this rpg. If it is then I will start it as soon as it gets 2 or 3 more sign-ups. If everyone has lost interest, then I will just let it slide into the abyss alongside all my other beloved RPG's that failed.

Darkmaster Kagemusha
13th August 2005, 10:27 PM
I'm still interested. I'm kind of glad it hasn't started yet, because I've been on vacation for the past week. Hopefully this'll get going.

Shizo
14th August 2005, 08:35 AM
I'm still good to go. (This is Anjana, by the way)

Bulbasaur4
14th August 2005, 12:50 PM
Codename: Lasher
Appearance: [ See Attachment ] She's like that, although a little over half of her top hair layers are upswept into two ball-ponytails. She has a graceful appearance that does not show much strength, however it is obvious she probably has good speed. (^_~) She appears to be early or midtwenties, although her eyes give a slightly older look when you look at them. She has a small scar upon her shoulder that runs from the outer edge of her collar bone, all the way to the top of her shoulder line but it is very thin. She also has one tattoo upon her calf leg which is in deep blue ink and seems to be a Native American-like marking for a wolf symbol of some sort. Her right eye's pupil is thin and dog-like, and the color of the eye is golden.
Personality: (If you know Mitoko from Mai-HiME, she's like that.) She doesn't understand words very well... except for a few basic words. However she's good at picking up words although she might not understand their meaning right away. She acts more 'doggish' than anything, wearing her emotions on her sleeve usually. Very innocent in a way... she's easily manipulated, and if some one gives her some t hing or treats her a little bit nicer, she'll immediately take a liking to them. She then gets EXTREMELY protective of them... becoming much like a guardian or watch dog.
Weapon of Choice: Two gauntlet-like hand coverings. They are overall put together by a strong leather-like binding which covers her entire hands and the top part of her fingers, but allows her fingers and thumb to move with ease. (black in color.) Upon the knuckle part are metal plating blades, which curve upwards into nasty claws. They can be taken off and hidden.
Skills: She seems to be good at analyzing things quickly. She could look at a situation, think of several possible actions and outcomes, and then execute the one she deems best. She also seems to be nimble or 'slippery'... being very graceful and rather quick and hard to 'get a hold of' in a sense. Extremely quick and has an extremely good sense of smell.
Other: She tends to stare... if she isn't in danger and finds some thing interesting about someone, she'll stare at them for long periods and think about them in rather strange patterns. She also tends to crack her knuckles if annoyed. Really likes food.

Asilynne
25th August 2005, 08:06 AM
Codename: Sadist Rose (you can call her Sadie for short LOL ^v~)
Appearance:
http://i12.photobucket.com/albums/a206/AsilynneOutlaw/rpgeditedpics/sadisticgirl.jpg
Appears to be in early to mid twenties. The bottom part of her uniform (pants and shirt, and sleeves) are shredded, she shredded them shortly after regaining consiousness, while she thought about where and who she was. Long red hair she leaves free to go anywhere it wants, cold green eyes. Her eyes appear somewhat asian though of course she knows nothing about it. 5’9” With a slender but muscular build, 145lbs. Has painted black fingernails and a tatoo of a black rose on her right shoulder, with the stem covered in thorns twining all down her arm. Not too big though lol
Personality: She is one psycho bitch LOL cool and calculated, she never smiles. In fact, if you see her smile, you should probably run because it doesnt mean she wants to be your friend. Shes the type that would ‘black widow’ a guy for fun. Killing isnt wrong in her demented little head, and she gets a sort of high from it. Sees pretty much everyone else on earth as a lesser being and looks upon them with disdain. Doesnt really seem to have any feelings at all. Because shes pretty some people are drawn to her, and she will use this any way possible to get what she wants. Like I said psycho bitch from hell LOL
Weapon of Choice: Throwing stars and throwing daggers, basically things where you can kill with a flick of the wrist, not expelling much energy. Almost like its an afterthought lol
Skills: Amazing accuracy, as highly developed sense of smell and hearing as a human can possibly have. Can pick up the smell of blood easily. Is quick on her feet and has absolutely no fear. Reflexes like a cat.
Other: Has a sort of split personality, sometimes shell start crying for no reason at all and then immediately forget she did. Has a very unnerving laugh when she actually does laugh, and tends to laugh at odd times. Likes to twirl a throwing star through her fingers, or shred some article of clothing when thinking. Is not phased in the least by blood, whether its her own or someone elses.

Edit: Hopefully this is enough people for you to start it now JT lol
*pokes Kalah* you need to write the personality for your char still ^-^()

Drusilla
25th August 2005, 11:24 AM
Codename: Angel
Appearance: Standing at five and a half feet tall, she has shoulder-length black hair, large green eyes, and pale complexion. She's thin, almost to the point of looking anorexic, which causes her eyes to look so big. Otherwise, she seems to be in her late teens or early twenties, and has a scar ring around her neck.
Personality: Withdrawn, quiet, and contemplative, she doesn't interact most of the time unless she has to. Don't mess with her, she won't mess with you. She's always thinking, always watching, and nothing escapes her notice.
Weapon of Choice: Blunt objects- clubs, staves, so on, anything that she can use to hit someone over the head with.
Skills: She's insanely good at figuring out puzzles and patterns.
Other: She's completely paranoid about having people behind her; if anyone happens to be following her too closely or standing behind her, she has a tendency to lose her composure and lash out verbally and physically at the offender. She's also a bit of a nympho, and can be very vicious towards other women.

Bulbasaur4
25th August 2005, 01:12 PM
Edited Personality and changed picture. ^_^

Samchu
25th August 2005, 06:14 PM
Codename: Forza
Appearance: Appears to be in his mid to late twenties but appears much older on account of the fact that he hasn't had the chance to shave in a while and has accumulated quite a bit of stubble. He has wide, deep blue eyes - though if you look really closely you'll see that one is actually green. His hair is a deep auburn colour and is always messy. He has lightly tanned skin and stands at a comfortable six feet. He has a fairly medium build which hides his true strength.
Personality: He comes across as someone fairly rational at first but he has limited tolerance and patience. Due to this, he has a rather short temper and often lashes out violently. He tries to solve things as rationally as possible but if they take too long he will often try to solve his problems with his fists. He'll never back down from a fight but its against his morales to hit a woman. He often doesn't like people challenging his views and it can cause him to become aggresive. From the start, he won't be in the best of moods.
Weapon of Choice: sais
Skills: enhanced strength, breaking things, knocking things down, he's the mr. muscle guy
Other: he has a nervous reaction, when he gets really nervous his left leg begins to spasm violently. He also gets really freaked out when people creep up on him.

Tainted
25th August 2005, 08:00 PM
Codename: Sandman
Appearance: Thirty, 6’5, 210lbs. He is fairly muscled, and has chiseled features (chin, jaw, high-set cheekbones). He has black tribal tattoos that run up both of his arms, the design stretching across his chest where it entwines around a tattoo of an hourglass with black sand in it. Most of the sand lies at the bottom, with only a small amount at the top. On his back he has a tattoo of the grim reaper with his arms outstretched—tendrils of cloth hanging from his robe. The grim reaper’s head stretches up the back of his neck, and his arms stretch out to each of his shoulders. The reaper fades out, as he overlooks a single black tree on a hill surrounded by masses of graves. His hair is cut short, and it is black—spiked about messily. A thin layer of grayed stubble covers his face, from sideburn to sideburn over lip and on chin. Save for the stubble, he is normally very handsome.
Personality: The one known as Sandman is an intellectual manipulator. He combines the threat of being well built, with the threat of having a good head on his shoulders. He knows how to make people do what he wants—but generally refrains from using his ability to it’s full potential. A little odd, he talks seldom and rather watches as things play out ever so slowly, waiting for the right opportunity to act; definitely a thinker: a dangerous thinker. He has made women somewhat his prey in the past, using his good looks and manipulative ways to get some fun out of them.
Weapon of Choice: A massive scythe with a chain on the non-business end, the wood of the handle dyed black. He rarely makes use of it, but when he does he brings a show for the audience to remember. He is much more fond of using his sand.
Skills: Well trained in combat both unarmed and with his scythe. Other than that, he is fairly intelligent and if sand is nearby, he can use it to his advantage to put others to sleep. He has a little vial with his that he can use to keep sand in.
Other: A compulsive smoker and drinker.

---

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Asilynne
18th September 2005, 02:46 PM
*pokes JT* So....is this RPG going to get started or what?

Hyperness is a Good Thing
25th September 2005, 09:38 AM
I've been wanting to take part in the RPG forum again.. this looks like a good chance..=)

Codename: Traxx
Appearance: Tall, about 6"7, skinny, think all knobbly elbows and knees. Traxx has long black hair that he ties up in a ponytail. He wears tinted glasses(he loves them very much), and his irises are totally black, so you can't tell the difference between them and his pupils.
Personality: He's very prone to mood swings and occasional headaches. He gets mood swings, jumping from a light happy mood to dark depressed one in seconds. Unpredictible, and proud of it. He's also intensely curious, and has a big mouth which often gets him into a lot of trouble. He has a fiery temper, but it comes and goes, so he has trouble remaining angry long. He loves a good joke, but gets annoyed at bad ones.
Weapon of Choice: A garrote -just in case, it's "a handheld weapon, most often referring to a ligature of chain, rope, or wire used to strangle someone to death. This was the tactic commonly employed by the Thugs and is sometimes used in assassination." -got that straight from google. He uses a black silk rope, sometimes along with a long chain that he wears around his waist when he's not using it.
Skills: since he uses a weapon that requires speed and stealth, yeah, he's got a good amount of both. Can move around very silently, like the proverbial cat.
Other: He tends to bite on his fingers when he's thinking hard, and when he's surprised while doing this, he'll bite down hard enough to draw blood.

Yero Thropp
25th September 2005, 10:28 PM
Before someone closes the sign ups, it's time for me to make my grand debut!
And btw Anjana omg I am a HUGE Avenue Q fan! I saw it on Broadway, and I know all the songs, and I got pictures with the cast, and I got t-shirts and stuff...... AAAHHH I CAN'T BELIEVE YOU KNOW AVENUE Q!!!

Codename: Smite
Appearance: He stands a little above average height, about 5'10. Smite has long, dirty blond hair that falls just above his shoulders. His bright yellow eyes surprisingly don't stand out very well because his skin is pale, and smooth. Smite is in his upper 20's, although all the yellow on his face and the lack of any wrinkles makes him look a bit younger. His pale body is clean of any foreign marks or battle scars.
Personality: Because he is obsessive compulsive, he is very touchy. He speaks his mind about everything, not caring (usually not aware of) what the consequence will be. Although you would think that his bright yellow eyes would stand out, they're usually never seen; he tends to put his head down and mumble when meeting someone new (he's quite shy.)
Weapon of Choice: I've seen throwing daggers, but nobody has chosen just plain daggers. So... Smite's main two weapons of choice are his two diamond-encrusted daggers. The first is sheathed on his right hip (his main dagger,) and the second is strapped to the front of his left thigh. Just in case, he has a small emergency dagger attached to the small of his back. The gloves he wears are made to attach the daggers to his palms; they are released by pressing a small button near the wrist. This is to prevent him from dropping the daggers unnecessarily.
Skills: He notices small things, from scent to the scratch on the wall to the tone of voices and how people say things (so he can usually tell if someone is lying.) This is because of his disorder, which is mentioned in "Other."
Other: Smite is EXTREMELY obsessive compulsive. He is usually seen rubbing his hands in a slow circle and mumbling to himself from time to time, as if he was plotting something.

Outlaw JT
26th September 2005, 05:44 PM
Hyper: I've been waiting for someone to sign up with a more creative, silent weapon like that. Approved.

Yero: I'm afraid your weapon of choice is not acceptable. Think of a more realistic weapon that is concealable. You have to adjust your form before you can join the RPG.

Everyone Else: Sorry I haven't started it yet by I have been without home internet access for three weeks. Been through two service appointments and still no service. A supervisor is coming to look at the problem tomorrow so hopefully I will be back online tomorrow night. If not, who knows who long it will be as I will likely be waiting for new service from another provider to be installed. I am working on an opening post but if I cannot get it up tonight it may not be up till Thursday. Just be patient everyone.

Yero Thropp
27th September 2005, 03:28 AM
There, it hath been fixed. ith.

Outlaw JT
27th September 2005, 02:28 PM
Yero: That's my form with the daggers and actually it says "knives (throwing, dual or single wielding, any type of knife usage really)" meaning he uses knives in all ways and combinations, not just throwing. I will allow you to join but understand two things. One, no one has these weapons starting out. It is in the form for later consideration. Two, depending upon your early posts I may require you to change the weapon again (if I do I will make a few suggestions based on how you play your character).

Yero Thropp
28th September 2005, 01:19 AM
*Salutes* Yes, sir! Oh, and I meant that nobody had chosen daggers for hand to hand combat only; thus why the gloves were incorporated. Thanks though! I'll get right on my first post!

Erandi Brazul
3rd October 2005, 09:14 PM
Oops! I forgot to post this!

Codename: Stryker
Appearance: Very tall and muscular: Picture Ken from Street Fighter. Blondish-yellow hair, brown eyes. Clothing: Basic training pants, much like sweatpants only not the same fabric. This fabric is a bit stronger; it needs to be since he fights.
Personality: Stryker isn't much of a thinker, but he is more or less a leader if he has to be, because he gets things DONE. He is kind towards others, since his training as a melee fighter, and he respects all things. Natually, he hates all things considered evil.
Weapon of Choice: His body. Melee fighting requires the skill of hand-to-hand, most karate skills, kickboxing, and the ability to fend off against those who have weapons, such as throwing knives, swords, quarter staves, chains...
Skills: Being a trained warrior, he is skilled in taking punishment unflinchingly and dealing it back out with his rock-hard fists. Although his skills in combat are great, he still lacks the skills to use weaponry, nor does he have the skills for basically anything else, such as picking locks or figuring the code on the stupid door...
Weakness: I suppose he's not very imaginative...he's also pathetic as using weapons...

Ace64
6th January 2006, 02:48 PM
Hopefully the sign-ups haven't ended yet- as soon as I saw this I knew I wanted to enter. Sadly, activation took longer than I thought, and the weapon of choice I wanted- melee- was already taken. I'm not sure if my new choice will be accepted.

Codename: Crescent
Appearance: Standing around 6'2'' with a shaved smooth head and deep brown eyes, Crescent appears to be someone who you wouldn't want to annoy. His mocha colored skin is unmarked save for a scar in the shape of a crescent moon on his right cheek- perhaps that is how he gained his name? Also, up and down his forearms are small nicks and tears, scar tissue that he has no recollection of obtaining.
Personality: Despite his intimidating stature, however, Crescent is rather quiet, one who always thinks long and hard before making a decision. When he does speak, his voice is slow and sonorous, soothing to the ear. What he says, though, is a different matter. His sense of humor isn't always present, as Crescent is a realist, not one to look to cheer himself up if the situation is bleak. Yet, he can joke, and that often manifests itself in unusual ways.
Weapon of choice: Kama- A miniature sickle about thirteen inches long, with a blade in the shape of a half moon. Best used defensively against swords, staves, staffs, even hand-to- hand. However, this is still a deadly weapon.
Skills: A nearly perfect sense of timing. Crescent can count a minute in his head to the last second, and keeps track of time unconsciously. Of course, this skill is useless unless he knows the time...
Other: Refuses to speak to someone until he has gained a sense of their personality. In other words, speaking to him and expecting an answer is useless, until he gains some idea of your character. Then, he will open up.