PDA

View Full Version : Pokemon Bloopers

PAK Man
2nd March 2003, 05:49 PM
What are some Pokemon bloopers that you remember the most? I can remember quite a few, but I'll list them by season:

Kanto:
In Primeape Goes Bananas, Ash calls Professor Oak to tell him that he just won his Marsh Badge. Professor Oak comments to Ash that Gary has his Rainbow Badge and that Gary has captured 30 Pokemon. However, in Mystery at the Lighthouse, Professor Oak said that Gary had 45 Pokemon. I hope he meant 30 more Pokemon, because remember Professor Oak was talking about eating Ash and Gary's Krabby?

Orange:
In Pokemon Double Trouble, when Luana brings Ash, Misty and Tracey into the hotel, there are a bunch of Pokemon dancing/exercising. One of those Pokemon is a Sandslash. But if you listen to it, the Pokemon says "Sandshrew!"

Johto Journeys:
In Fighting Flyer with Fire, Ash is telling Falkner about Pidgeot. He said the following: "A Fearow was attacking a bunch of Pidgeot, but Pidgeot and I stopped them."
Actually, the Pokemon weren't Pidgeot, they were Pidgey and Pidgeotto.

Johto League Champions:
In All That Glitters, Ash was talking about how his Pokemon helped him to earn all of his badges. He says that Charizard, Pidgeotto, Pikachu and Scyther helped him win many gym battles. One problem: Ash never had a Scyther! Tracey had a Scyther, but Ash never did. Also, when Ash said Pidgeotto, it showed a picture of a Pidgeot.

Master Quest:
In A Tyrogue Full of Trouble, Ash uses Dexter to tell him about Tyrogue. It says that Tyrogue is the evolved form of Hitmonlee and Hitmonchan. Anybody who knows Pokemon knows that Tyrogue is the PRE-evolution of Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan and Hitmontop.

What are some other bloopers you remember?

Light_Togetic
2nd March 2003, 06:05 PM
I remember in one of the Pokemon League episodes (the Indigo League), Team Rocket has a bunch of Pikachu balloons, and Officer Jenny tells her "Arcanine" to use Flamethrower, when in fact, her "Arcanine" is really a Growlithe. It even sounded like an Arcanine... Come on, I know they look alike, but one is much bigger, and furrier.:rolleyes:

Fett One
2nd March 2003, 06:57 PM
-In the crystal onix episode that guy ordered his charmeleon to use ember but it used firespin. Before anyone tells me I'm wrong (which happended once) I would like to point out that we have all seen what the 2 attacks look like so they are obviously different. Firespin is a tornado of fire which is what charmeleon did. Ember is when a pokemon spits fire balls or makes sparks of flame.

-In the Mewtwo Strikes Back that guy called his pidgeot pidgeotto.

Hanada Tattsu
2nd March 2003, 07:26 PM
Originally posted by Fett One
In the Mewtwo Strikes Back that guy called his pidgeot pidgeotto.

If we're going into the infamous "Mewtwo Strikes Back" dub, then let's begin with all of the herrendous mistakes.

--When Jessie and James appear in that lab room in New Island, and see the shadows of the Pokemon come on on the computer, Jessie calls Scyther an Alakazam. Isn't it so painstakingly obvious that they're so different!

--Less than two lines later, a Sandslash comes out of the cloning machine. Meowth calls it a Sandshrew.

Also, in the second movie's short, there are a bunch of Poliwhirl dancing that say "Poliwrath" instead of Poliwhirl.

Edit: Fixed quote.

Nikku-San
2nd March 2003, 07:30 PM
In one of the Red Gyarados eppies, Ash was talking about getting his sixth badge and going straight to the Johto league... He already has 6 and he needs 8 for the league.

Mikey
2nd March 2003, 08:31 PM
About the Mewtwo Strikes Backa dn Team Rocket messing up the names, I'd just like to point out that we can't be totally sure this is a dub mistake, as Jessie, James, and Meowth are not that knowledgable on Pokemon and could have mistaken them.

Hanada Tattsu
2nd March 2003, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by GoldenNoctowl77
About the Mewtwo Strikes Backa dn Team Rocket messing up the names, I'd just like to point out that we can't be totally sure this is a dub mistake, as Jessie, James, and Meowth are not that knowledgable on Pokemon and could have mistaken them.

No, I have the Japanese version of that movie, and Musashi clearly says Strike when it comes on the screen. Same thing with the Sandslash thing a few lines later.

Pokemon Neo
2nd March 2003, 09:53 PM
Originally posted by Hanada Tattsu
No, I have the Japanese version of that movie, and Musashi clearly says Strike when it comes on the screen.

No she doesn't.She says "Stri-kuu".:P lol j/k

As for bloopers,man,where do I begin?How about the episode where the brother and sister kept telling their Arcanines to do Fire Spin when they were actually doing Flame Wheel.:rolleyes: Like I said before,after almost 5 years of dubbing the series,you'd think someone at 4Kids would know something about Pokemon attacks.

Hanada Tattsu
2nd March 2003, 09:55 PM
Originally posted by Pokemon Neo
No she doesn't.She says "Stri-kuu".:P lol j/k

LOL :D

4Kids forget about attacks. They really don't know which is which. I'm sure 4Kids hasn't even heard of Flame Wheel.

PAK Man
4th March 2003, 08:44 PM
Here are some more that I thought of:

The Flame Pokemon-athon!
Right after Electrode explodes and Squirtle and Pikachu run down to see if Ash is okay, listen to what Squirtle says. Instead of saying "Squirt! Squirtle!" it says, "Zeni! Zeni!" which is short for Squirtle's Japanese name, Zenigame.

Pallet Party Panic:
Watch the scene at the beginning when Misty and Brock send out all of their Pokemon. Brock says "Geodude, Onix, Zubat, Vulpix, come out and chow down," but Brock is only holding two PokeBalls, when he should have four. Same with Misty. She says "Goldeen, Staryu, Psyduck, you're invited, too!" and she throws one PokeBall. The episode this scene was used from was Volcanic Panic, when Brock sent out Onix and Geodude and Misty sent out Staryu.

The Joy of Pokemon:
When Nurse Joy disappears for a while and then she comes back up, she tells Ash, Misty and Tracey that she was helping a sick Cloyster, and asks if they want to see it. Ash and Tracey say "Yes," and they go underwater. Anyone with eyes can see that the Pokemon is Shellder, the Pre-evolution of Cloyster! The Pokemon even says "Shellder!"

If I think of any others, I'll post them.

Dark Delcatty
4th March 2003, 09:01 PM
In "Mild n Wooley", the Mareep girl tells her Mareep to use speed star instead of swift.

In a flashback in "All that Glitters" that shows some of Ash's previous Johto gym battles, he calls Pidgeot "Pidgeotto" .

Those are the only ones at the top of my head.

Osiris
5th March 2003, 09:27 AM
In The Episode - The Light Fantastic- The Old Man Says to his Venusaur to use Solarbeam but it was at Night!!!!

347Studboy
5th March 2003, 08:23 PM
In "Sparks Fly for Magnemite", when Muk attacks Ash, Ash claims that there is "an adult Muk, and its child!". However, when the Muk is defeated, Ash captures it, and the other one is no where to be found. Not to mention I'm not sure which one he caught, though it looked like the adult.

Oh, and everyone noticed the horrible smell coming from the ball. But no one noticed that smell anymore afterward, even when Ash had Muk with him. Even when he was out of the ball. EVEN WHEN HE WAS ON TOP OF HIM! That seems a little weird too.

PAK Man
7th March 2003, 08:17 PM
Here are a few more that I'd thought I'd mention:

Mewtwo Strikes Back:
This blooper always puzzled me, but I think that there is also an explaination for this. When Fergus' Gyarados, Neesha's Dewgong, and Corey's Pidgeot leave to New Island, there is also a Fearow flying to New Island, yet we never see it when we get there! My explaination for this: on New Island, Nurse Joy said that Ash, Misty, Brock, Corey, Neesha, and Fergus were the only trainers who were able to make it to New Island. The Fearow trainer probably made it halfway and then realized that it just wasn't worth it, and flew back.

Also in Mewtwo Strikes Back: Fergus says right before he leaves to New Island, "All my Pokemon are Water Types." Well, he has a Golduck, Seadra, Gyarados, Vaporeon, and a Nidoqueen. Nidoqueen is Poison/Ground, not Water! Also, when Gyarados does Hyper Beam on Mewtwo, and it bounces of Mewtwo and hits Gyarados, Fergus runs up to it, and if you look at the bottom of your screen, you can see his Nidoqueen is now a Nidoking!

The Flame Pokemon-athon!
This sort of goes along with the Nidoqueen/Nidoking blooper above. When the Pokemon race begins, there is one trainer who is riding a Nidorino. When the Tauros gets hit with the thing James threw at it, it bumps into a Nidorina instead of a Nidorino!

Princess vs. Princess:
When Misty is chosing the Pokemon she will use in the battles, she decides that she'll use Pikachu, Bulbasaur, Vulpix and Starmie. However, when Lickitung defeated Pikachu, Bulbasaur and Vulpix, she says "I refuse to lose, so Staryu, it's all up to you!" This blooper also happened in many other episodes.

Riddle Me This:
In the Pokemon Lab on Cinnabar Island, there are a whole bunch of Fighting Pokemon. In the lab, there was a Primeape, Hitmonlee, Hitmonchan, Machop, Machoke, and Poliwhirl?! Shouldn't it be Poliwrath?

Fight for the Light:
This doesn't really count as a blooper, but I thought I'd point it out anyway. The Ampharos' name in GSC is Amphy, but in the show, it's name is Sparkle. I don't think this is a blooper, but I just wanted to point it out.

MegaMewtwo
7th March 2003, 09:05 PM
I've noticed a couple of others...

In the episode when the gang and Team Rocket are trying to escape from the St. Anne, when Ash and Brock send out Pokémon, they both hold two Pokéballs, yet the Pokémon that are released are the three starters and Geodude.

And a minor nitpick in the very next episode: when Squirtle says that Ash and friends might have been eaten by a giant Pokémon, the subtitles that the episode has doesn't capitalise the 'P' in 'Pokémon'

In Pikachu and Pichu, the Voltorb says "Electrode"

Hanada Tattsu
7th March 2003, 09:24 PM
After reading MegaMewtwo's post, I also have to comment on the dub of "The Island of the Giant Pokemon". It isn't exactly a blooper, but anyway...

Did anyone notice that the dubbers gave Ekans and Koffing bad grammar? This was not that way in the Japanese version. They just spoke normally. It kind of was annoying.

347Studboy
7th March 2003, 09:41 PM
After reading MegaMewtwo's post, I also have to comment on the dub of "The Island of the Giant Pokemon". It isn't exactly a blooper, but anyway...

Did anyone notice that the dubbers gave Ekans and Koffing bad grammar? This was not that way in the Japanese version. They just spoke normally. It kind of was annoying.

LOL! That bothered me too! I never thought that Ekans and Koffing were stupid, but simply misguided. The only reason that they never win battles is that Jesse and James aren't the most... competent... people.

Wild Eevee
7th March 2003, 09:42 PM
Some I've noticed:

In Two Hits and a Miss,in the scene when they are
in the house the Hitmontop's trainer says "tomorrow,HITMONLEE and I will defeat Shingo"

Espeon,not included:When the sisters are attempting to dance with their Pokemon the second time Umbreon is showen she is missing the ring on her front leg.

Pikachu's rescue aventure:There are many puzzling things in here so I'll number them.
1, The hole they fell in seemed awfully deep,then to make things weirder they go from fall down a hole to falling from the sky,did they jouney to the center of the earth or somthing?
2,what are ground type Pokemon doing in a tree? And for that matter whats a Snorlax doing in a tree? It must have been some tree.
3,Just curious,how come Ash and company didn't feel the storm?

Toon Dragon
7th March 2003, 10:23 PM
Originally posted by PAK Man
Mewtwo Strikes Back:
This blooper always puzzled me, but I think that there is also an explaination for this. When Fergus' Gyarados, Neesha's Dewgong, and Corey's Pidgeot leave to New Island, there is also a Fearow flying to New Island, yet we never see it when we get there! My explaination for this: on New Island, Nurse Joy said that Ash, Misty, Brock, Corey, Neesha, and Fergus were the only trainers who were able to make it to New Island. The Fearow trainer probably made it halfway and then realized that it just wasn't worth it, and flew back.

Yeah, they pointed this out in the DVD commentary. All they had to say was, "Well, at least we didn't have to pay that person." Dubbers can be so cruel :P.

Volbachutwotlepuff
14th March 2003, 03:26 AM
Can't anyone dub a good dubbing eg: Digimon series 2 in some ep.
Davis calls Pegasusmon, Halsemon
& calls Nefertimon, Pegususmon
& Halsemon, Nefertimon

Why am I talking about a Digi Blooper in a Poké Blooper thread?
I dunno... Good question!...

Hanada Tattsu
14th March 2003, 08:19 AM
Some other ones I recently remembered:

* Misty's Poliwhirl evolved in "A Hot Water Battle" into a Poliwrath

* Ash caught Ho-Oh in the Ecruteak Gym episodes

* Misty caught Lapras

PAK Man
14th March 2003, 04:06 PM
Some other ones I recently remembered:

* Misty's Poliwhirl evolved in "A Hot Water Battle" into a Poliwrath

* Ash caught Ho-Oh in the Ecruteak Gym episodes

* Misty caught Lapras

I think these are rumors instead of bloopers.