PDA

View Full Version : PS3 = $300?

Misty
26th May 2005, 02:42 PM
http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/05/24/news_6126410.html

Today, Japanese Web site Impress PC Watch reported that SCE has told its business partners that the PS3 will be under 40,000 yen ($370) at launch. The news has spurred speculation that the company might launch the machine with the same price it set for the PlayStation and PlayStation 2. Both machines were priced at 39,800 yen ($368) when they launched in 1994 and 2000, respectively.

I'd say Sony just won the next gen war. I'd also say MS is in a hell of a lot of trouble.

kainashi
26th May 2005, 02:52 PM
... and that's why they're so much in debt. :waycool:

Jeff
26th May 2005, 03:12 PM
There's very little doubt in my mind that MS is going to leave next gen.

PNT510
26th May 2005, 03:22 PM
Why would Microsoft leave this gen because Playstation 3 is gonna launch at the same price the last PS1 and PS2 did?

Also there can be more than 1 winner, if the company makes money, then they win!

Crazy
26th May 2005, 05:15 PM
Since this generation is so graphics hungry,Microsoft will be around for quite a while. I hope to god microsoft blows sony out of the water with its console. PLEASE!

Heald
26th May 2005, 05:44 PM
I hope to god microsoft blows sony out of the water with its console. PLEASE!Any particular reason why or is it just flagrant fanboyism?

homeofmew
26th May 2005, 06:28 PM
Too Much IMO, you know if we wait a little while all these prices go dfown then the newest thing comes out. Thats what happened with N 64 :O

PNT510
26th May 2005, 07:01 PM
You will probably have to wait a while for a price cut, I think it took PS2 over a year till it got it's first price cut.

Crazy
26th May 2005, 07:39 PM
Any particular reason why or is it just flagrant fanboyism?

I hate Sony because the main reason it is successful is due to hype and fanboys. I mean look at the PS2 the weakest (graphically) system and it still has the most support because of idiot fanboys. That is why I would love to see them crumble.

Eyedolize
26th May 2005, 09:36 PM
I know for a fact that the PS3 is gonna be sold more than 300 dollars. Either way I can care less about the Xbox360 cuz I never liked Xbox in the first place. So far I'm anticipating for the PS3 and the Nintendo Revolution.

PNT510
26th May 2005, 09:50 PM
I know for a fact that the PS3 is gonna be sold more than 300 dollars. Either way I can care less about the Xbox360 cuz I never liked Xbox in the first place. So far I'm anticipating for the PS3 and the Nintendo Revolution.
How do you know? You have inside sources at sony?

FTorchicX
26th May 2005, 10:51 PM
I hate Sony because the main reason it is successful is due to hype and fanboys. I mean look at the PS2 the weakest (graphically) system and it still has the most support because of idiot fanboys. That is why I would love to see them crumble.
Although I'm not a big fan of Sony, I do think that the PS2 has many great games. Ever considered that people might just prefer Sony's exclusives over Nintendo's or Microsoft's?

No one knows "for a fact" that the PS3 will be over $300 yet, but I would be very surprised if it wasn't.

Heald
27th May 2005, 03:46 AM
I hate Sony because the main reason it is successful is due to hype and fanboys. I mean look at the PS2 the weakest (graphically) system and it still has the most support because of idiot fanboys. That is why I would love to see them crumble.'And gathered the gaming architects of our time, the prophets of the gaming age. They were all there - Will Wright, Hideo Kojima, Sid Meier, Chris Sawyer, Shigeru Miyamoto, Gabe Newell and Peter Molyneux. And God speaketh to them, "Graphics do not maketh the game but superior gameplay.' "' - The Book of MagicGate 2:3-5

You see. That's where your argument crumbles since if the fanboys aren't in it for the graphics they're obviously in it for the gameplay. Which doesn't make them idiots.

Oh snap.

Razola
27th May 2005, 05:46 AM
Eyedolize, if you want your post(s) back, I suggest you learn the sacred art of conformity. Particularly in the area of sig sizes.

And back in the PS1 generation consoles were costing $400. I'm surprised that people....are surprised.

Crazy
27th May 2005, 07:20 AM
'And gathered the gaming architects of our time, the prophets of the gaming age. They were all there - Will Wright, Hideo Kojima, Sid Meier, Chris Sawyer, Shigeru Miyamoto, Gabe Newell and Peter Molyneux. And God speaketh to them, "Graphics do not maketh the game but superior gameplay.' "' - The Book of MagicGate 2:3-5

You see. That's where your argument crumbles since if the fanboys aren't in it for the graphics they're obviously in it for the gameplay. Which doesn't make them idiots.

Oh snap.

Well there is a reason I think this way. Pretty much every fan I've met brags about how its graphics are superior and it blows away everyone else. Although I suppose it is unfair to put all of the fans into one group. Not saying that a lot of Microsoft fanboys don't think the same way. Same goes for Nintendo. Its just that its something I've known Sony to always be famous for.

Heald
27th May 2005, 07:56 AM
Well there is a reason I think this way. Pretty much every fan I've met brags about how its graphics are superior and it blows away everyone else. Although I suppose it is unfair to put all of the fans into one group. Not saying that a lot of Microsoft fanboys don't think the same way. Same goes for Nintendo. Its just that its something I've known Sony to always be famous for.Sony are not famous for fanboys who brag about the graphics. Never have been, never will be...except maybe next generation, I dunno.

While we're on the topic of fanboys bragging about their consoles...

http://www.ctrlaltdel-online.com/images/comics/20050205.jpg

Sceptile_Master
27th May 2005, 08:11 AM
I have to say if they were really into it for ingenuity they should go with a nintendo. Don't flame yet I have a PS2 and a Gamecube. I got the PS2 because it has so many great games out for it and I must say since there aren't many special features in either like the Xbox has i'd say this gens best console is the Xbox. Things is the reputation people give nintendos games and new ideas is terrible as they are nothing but good for the gaming community and are all about gameplay. That is why I think the revolution should rightly wipe the floor with the PS3 and the Xbox 360. Simply because its just graphics. Pay hundreds of bucks for better graphics. Admit that the graphical improvemementsaren't even that large. At least Nintendo try to make the gaming community better now. That's why I said the Xbox for this generation because it simply has the best features and deserves the good games to be made for it. Same with the revolution. there is absolutely no point that is good for the gaming community to make them for the Xbox 360 or the PS3. I'm not a fanboy I'm just looking at things logically. The only reason i always buy a nintendo console is because there games are always brought out soley on their own consoles. But the now the best upcoming console (not fanboyism just logical thinking) has their games too. Now if we just had a console that 3rd parties made games for and nintendo we'd have practically every good game on one console. Microsoft and especially sony don't do too much in the way of their own console software. So we are sorted. Just think it over.

PNT510
27th May 2005, 09:22 AM
I think one thing people fail to see is that with PS3 and XBox 360 is that there are alot more changes than just graphics. The more powerful system allows for larger levels, more things on screen at once, much smarter A.I., ect.

PNT510
27th May 2005, 09:25 AM
Eyedolize, if you want your post(s) back, I suggest you learn the sacred art of conformity. Particularly in the area of sig sizes.

And back in the PS1 generation consoles were costing $400. I'm surprised that people....are surprised.
What systems cost $400? I know the PS1 and N64 didn't.

And on another note. I think one thing people fail to see is that with PS3 and XBox 360 is that there are alot more changes than just graphics. The more powerful system allows for larger levels, more things on screen at once, much smarter A.I., ect.

opaltiger
27th May 2005, 09:29 AM
I think another point that must be made in regard to the PS2's graphics is that it came out years before the Gamecube and Xbox.

Heald
27th May 2005, 09:52 AM
Hold on, let's try and translate this:
I have to say if they were really into it for ingenuity they should go with a nintendo. Don't flame yet I have a PS2 and a Gamecube."The Nintendo games that have not been released or even designed yet will be better than all the others. I'm not being biased because I own a Sony product as well as a Nintendo product."
I got the PS2 because it has so many great games out for it and I must say since there aren't many special features in either like the Xbox has i'd say this gens best console is the Xbox."The PS2 has good games on it and the XBox is the best console currently out because it has more bells and whistles than either the Gamecube or the PS2."
Things is the reputation people give nintendos games and new ideas is terrible as they are nothing but good for the gaming community and are all about gameplay."Because people would rather play as Generic Hero With Gun #401 instead of Pink Ball Who Shoots Stars At Mushrooms, Nintendo is getting a bad reputation. The gameplay is all that matters and Nintendo's games have the best gameplay ever."
That is why I think the revolution should rightly wipe the floor with the PS3 and the Xbox 360. Simply because its just graphics. Pay hundreds of bucks for better graphics. Admit that the graphical improvemementsaren't even that large. At least Nintendo try to make the gaming community better now. That's why I said the Xbox for this generation because it simply has the best features and deserves the good games to be made for it. Same with the revolution. there is absolutely no point that is good for the gaming community to make them for the Xbox 360 or the PS3....wait a minute, I was agreeing with you until now. You're prophecising that the Revolution will be the best console graphically. Mistakes:

1) E3 has only just happened and the big three have only released unfinalised specs. Making a decision off this is illogical.
2) According to what has been released, the Revolution will be the weakest, both performance and graphics-wise. Therefore it won't be the best console around.

I'm not a fanboy I'm just looking at things logically. The only reason i always buy a nintendo console is because there games are always brought out soley on their own consoles. But the now the best upcoming console (not fanboyism just logical thinking) has their games too. Now if we just had a console that 3rd parties made games for and nintendo we'd have practically every good game on one console. Microsoft and especially sony don't do too much in the way of their own console software. So we are sorted. Just think it over.It's true that Nintendo are the strongest first party-wise but it's not like anything for the Gamecube was that spectacular. SM64 and LoZ:OoT, both on the N64, are greater games than their Gamecube follow-ups. Therefore buying a console purely for Nintendo games depends on whether they are going to be any good. Since Nintendo has not released any in-game footage of their Revolution games then you cannot make a logical decision on that. If their games are turds (however unlikely that is) then buying the Revolution purely for the Nintendo games is fanboyism.

Also, the XBox and PS2 had excellent 2nd-party support. Final Fantasy, Metal Gear Solid and Grand Theft Auto are only a handful of the games exclusive (initially) to the PS2. The XBox has Halo, Fable and other exclusive games. Needless to say, your logic is shit.

Better luck next time.

Crazy
27th May 2005, 10:18 AM
Heald I think you'll be shocked to know that I did indeed own a PS2. So I have formed a educated opinion.

Sceptile_Master
27th May 2005, 10:25 AM
Your translations are terrible. You don't have any idea what i was talking about. I said the gamecube wasn't anything too special. I never said anything about revolution games. I just said that so far nintendo have brought out ingenuity in most of the games so far. And you can't call my logic shit as your logic was so shit despite me exclaiming how the PS3 and Xbox 360 had better graphics you came out thinking that I said the revolution had the best graphics. Also me saying that if they all made the games of the system of ingenuity (the revolution) and that isn't just nintendo then we would have a better gaming community. Somehow your brain reversed what i just said while you typed your response.

Because people would rather play as Generic Hero With Gun #401 instead of Pink Ball Who Shoots Stars At Mushrooms, Nintendo is getting a bad reputation. The gameplay is all that matters and Nintendo's games have the best gameplay ever.

Because people would rather play another FPS instead of a game with original gameplay and revolutionary new ideas. Erm you don't seem to know my language (english) very well for translating.

And as I said the 2nd and 3rd parties should make games for the most revolutionary console (that includes you nintendo) of the time. You know I know someone who is only getting a PS3 for MGS4 no matter what the rest of the games are like. And sony think there console is so good because it has got MGS4. These games could be turned around when done on better consoles.

The reason I opted for the revolution is because Nintendo are trying their best to put most ingenuity which I suppose you don't like. I suppose a tired predictable attempt. The graphical and processing power of the Xbox today is already more than sufficient. We have to be thinking about what to do to move forward. the graphical age that turned the world upside down is gone. We need the next big thing.

As closing comments I would never buy a console just for nintendo games. Well look at the above. OMG buy a PS3 just for MGS4. Not only is your logic crap but so is your translation.

Heald
27th May 2005, 11:14 AM
Your translations are terrible. You don't have any idea what i was talking about.The translations were correct, it is just that what you were trying to say didn't actually match up with what you typed.
I said the gamecube wasn't anything too special. I never said anything about revolution games. I just said that so far nintendo have brought out ingenuity in most of the games so far. And you can't call my logic shit as your logic was so shit despite me exclaiming how the PS3 and Xbox 360 had better graphics you came out thinking that I said the revolution had the best graphics. Also me saying that if they all made the games of the system of ingenuity (the revolution) and that isn't just nintendo then we would have a better gaming community. Somehow your brain reversed what i just said while you typed your response.How many times do you want to use the word 'ingenuity'? Not only have you made the word redundant in a paragraph but it doesn't make any sense. Being sesquipedalian and ambiguous doesn't win you arguments. Either explain what you mean or don't bother continuing. If you meant Nintendo has been the most inventive or imaginative with their games, then you're not using logic at all, because how inventive a game is is completely subjective, therefore logic cannot be applied. I'm also not too sure that regurgitating characters such as Mario, Link and Pikachu is inventive or imaginative, nor what they changed about the game. For example:

Mario Sunshine - Mario's back! With a super soaker!
LoZ: WW - Link is back! Remember those awesome graphics you saw at Spaceworld! Well, we lied! Look at these new amazing colours! Cel-shading!
Pokemon Colosseum - It's like the disappointing Pokemon Stadium for the N64, but there is some inane pseudo-RPG part about evil pokemon!

Yeah, real innovative, or ingenious, or whatever ambiguous term you like prefer to use.

Also, repeatedly have you said the Revolution will be the best console, performance-wise:
But the now the best upcoming console (not fanboyism just logical thinking) has their games too.Now, you couldn't have been saying the Revolution will be the best console because it will have Nintendo games since you clearly said "the best console will have Nintendo games" so if you weren't talking about the games, you were either talking about the graphics or the 'ingenuity'. So, if you were talking about the graphics, you're a hypocrite. If you were talking about the 'ingenuity' then you're an idiot.
That's why I said the Xbox for this generation because it simply has the best features and deserves the good games to be made for it. Same with the revolution.Again, you say the Revolution will have the best features because, like the XBox, it has the best features and therefore deserves to have the best games made for it.

Oh snap.

And may I point out the quote of the century:
Also me saying that if they all made the games of the system of ingenuity (the revolution)What in the name of Chris Waddle is "The System of Ingenuity"?! Are you actually calling it that without any back-up or in fact any games as evidence? Christ, you're more dense than I originally thought.

Because people would rather play another FPS instead of a game with original gameplay and revolutionary new ideas. Erm you don't seem to know my language (english) very well for translating.I was agreeing with you, you blockhead. I just don't agree with your 'logic' that we should rely on Nintendo do do this for us. It seems the PC is the platform for the most innovative games for some reason. After all, all the best developers develop pretty much exclusively for the PC.

And as I said the 2nd and 3rd parties should make games for the most revolutionary console (that includes you nintendo) of the time. You know I know someone who is only getting a PS3 for MGS4 no matter what the rest of the games are like. And sony think there console is so good because it has got MGS4. These games could be turned around when done on better consoles.Well according to the latest specs the PS3 will be the best console. So according to your logic Nintendo should develop games for the PS3.
The reason I opted for the revolution is because Nintendo are trying their best to put most ingenuity which I suppose you don't like. I suppose a tired predictable attempt. The graphical and processing power of the Xbox today is already more than sufficient. We have to be thinking about what to do to move forward. the graphical age that turned the world upside down is gone. We need the next big thing.I'm all for ingenuity, but this crap you're trying to pull that Nintendo are the only developers who are putting any into their games is bullshit.
As closing comments I would never buy a console just for nintendo games. Well look at the above. OMG buy a PS3 just for MGS4. Not only is your logic crap but so is your translation.You're a prize penis, you truly are. Also, in response to your claim that you "would never buy a console just for nintendo games":
The only reason i always buy a nintendo console is because there games are always brought out soley on their own consoles.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v146/HealdPK/fatality.jpg

Sceptile_Master
27th May 2005, 02:37 PM
The translations are incorrect as you are turning around what I'm trying to say.

The word ingenuity is repeated so many times to emphasise just how much effort nintendo is putting into taking the next steps apart from graphics. The new legend of Zelda was a fantastic rendering of what cel shading could do. it started half decent cel shading. Despite the idea of colloseum being par the originality was there and with pokemon XD should hopefully make up the faults of colloseum which was still pretty good. Mario was just another Mario but FLUDD added some fun and while wasn't quite as good as SM64, it was still a great game. I do disagree with the huge amount of ports they are doing lately though but alot of them are worthwhile especially the extra characters on SM64DS.

Also I never, ever, ever said the revolution was the best console performance wise. Lying in debates is not respectful. And don't try and turn this round with opinions were looking at fact here.

Now, you couldn't have been saying the Revolution will be the best console because it will have Nintendo games since you clearly said "the best console will have Nintendo games" so if you weren't talking about the games, you were either talking about the graphics or the 'ingenuity'. So, if you were talking about the graphics, you're a hypocrite. If you were talking about the 'ingenuity' then you're an idiot.

You are only taking half of what I said and hiding the other half so you can turn this into the opposite of what I said. I said that not only will it have other 3rd and 2nd party games but it will ALSO have nintendo games. Therefore the latter part of your of what you said there is irrelevant as you can't comment on half of what I said where the other half is essential.

Again, you say the Revolution will have the best features because, like the XBox, it has the best features and therefore deserves to have the best games made for it.

Right you are.

What in the name of Chris Waddle is "The System of Ingenuity"?! Are you actually calling it that without any back-up or in fact any games as evidence? Christ, you're more dense than I originally thought.

You don't need games as evidence because as stated before since revolution has most features the game have most potential on the revolution.

I was agreeing with you, you blockhead. I just don't agree with your 'logic' that we should rely on Nintendo do do this for us. It seems the PC is the platform for the most innovative games for some reason. After all, all the best developers develop pretty much exclusively for the PC.

Yes your right the PC is most innovative of the lot but this is a debate about consoles. As mentioned before we shouldn't rely on nintendo to do it for us but they are an importent part in games software.

Well according to the latest specs the PS3 will be the best console. So according to your logic Nintendo should develop games for the PS3.

This is where I almost laughed. Specs are almost completely different from features. Despite the revolution not having the same graphical and processing ability of the other two consoles it power is still more than sufficient. Plus lots of other features that nintendo are doing to as said before go onto the next thing after graphics. therefore the games should be made for the revolution.

I'm all for ingenuity, but this crap you're trying to pull that Nintendo are the only developers who are putting any into their games is bullshit.

Again here you're getting mixed up. Consoles and games are different. I said sony and microsoft are taking a bit of a predictable approach to their new consoles. Of course many other companies put effort into their games other than nintendo.

You're a prize penis, you truly are.

Please inform me why that is even a response anyone should even bother to think about.

Also, in response to your claim that you "would never buy a console just for nintendo games"

A bit of a flaw on my part there. I bought it for many intresting links t my GBA aswell as a few other titles (that weren't by nintendo) that I was intrested in. It was a steal for £100.

The mortal combat scene at the end was completely irrelivant as all you have been doing is avoiding parts of my side of the debate and going off of half of things that I said. Avoiding bits like that is not how this is supposed to go.

Razola
27th May 2005, 08:34 PM
LAST TIME I CHECKED THIS THREAD WAS ABOUT PS3 PRICES AND HOOOOO BOY WILL THINGS BE BAD IF CERTAIN PEOPLE AREN'T ON TRACK.

EDIT: I think the Sega Saturn was $400 or $350. And I know the "lesser" systems like Jaguar were pushing $400. Hell, the N64 costed more than the Gamecube (about $50 more). My point was new technology doesn't ensure a higher price tag.

Roy Karrde
27th May 2005, 08:41 PM
This high price thing seems to be picking up more and more steam as rumors of Sony go deeper and deeper into debt spread. I dont know how many times I heard that the PSP would be 500+. Yet when it actually came out it wasn't 500 bucks. I dont know how in this day and age anyone could believe that the PS3 or X Box 360 would be more than 300 bucks. It would be suicide for either company who prices their console unresonably high and gives it's other competators a even bigger lead.

Powarun
28th May 2005, 12:48 AM
Yes, the PS3 will be at a somewhat affordable price, but and Sony and Microsoft can do that. I think Sony really wants the PS3 to be more affordable to push their Blu-ray disk format. If someone was to read articles not just about video games, but also movies and televisions, they would understand that Sony is trying to push the next DVD format. It is quite a heated fight, between blu ray and HD DVD. and Sony is trying to get a lot of support, so they can win like htey won with the video cassette tape against the Betamex. I want to say Sony is trying to juggle between two battles, coming up with one exellent attack.

Heald
28th May 2005, 04:20 AM
That will probably be £200 pounds then in the UK, since we have one of the highest RPIs on the planet (hell, cars cost about 50% more here than in Europe) since our demand is so inelastic. £200 for a next-gen is definately a good price.

And Sceptile_Master, what exactly are these features that you keep boasting the Revolution to have?

You honestly can't keep a straight face and accuse me of using opinion in my argument when your main point is that Nintendo is the most ingenious developer, which is a completely subjective point.

Also, you keep repeating this crap about how I've missed half of your argument and then you don't bother to state what the hell I've missed. Stop talking bullshit and say I'm a bad debater when your argument has run out of steam.

Sceptile_Master
28th May 2005, 01:00 PM
Guess whos argument has run out of steam. What you just said then was absolutely pathetic. The poijnt isn't subjective it's truth. Now you are just falling back. But on what, nothing. The thing you are only getting half of is each time I mention nintendo along with other companies you soley just go on about me saying nintendo, nintendo, nintendo which isn't true. And before you go into an argument mabye you should go out and even take an interest in nintendos plans before going on like that. You are just as bad as that person in that comic you posted.

Let's put it this way arguments are about backing yourself up not just putting down the revolution.

If you want to know the reason I'm talking about nintendo so much is because they are the ones that deserve this future generation. On the current generation I haven't mentioned nintendo because at the moment the Xbox is the console of now. Although sony has deserved their current win as if I was a developer I wouldn't want to wait 2 and a half years until the xbox comes out. Back then graphics were important too. The PS2 was a new piece of grand technology. For the next generation give me a point for the other consoles to win. A point that makes sense. Even finding just a few actual good ones is a challenge.

You have no idea how much more than this I had but my mum is rushing me on. Back to before an argument that has ran out of steam is one that never backs up their side of the argument and posts a post saying that my argument has run dry with 4 lines of debate in. Well they are more of questions than debatable facts.

Heald
28th May 2005, 02:35 PM
Sceptile_Master: Your post had nothing to do with the topic at hand you tool.

I'd also like to point out that the PS2 was released at £300 in the UK and if it is released for £200 in the UK that will definately help sell much more, helping to rid Sony of this debt that they have acquired.
Guess whos argument has run out of steam.Yeah, because saying "I know you are but what am I?" is the real man's way of debating.[/sarcasm]
What you just said then was absolutely pathetic. The poijnt isn't subjective it's truth. Now you are just falling back. But on what, nothing.Calling something ingenious because it has the most features is subjective, and don't deny you said this because in one of your previous posts:
You don't need games as evidence [for the Revolution being the 'console of ingenuity'] because as stated before since revolution has most features the game have most potential on the revolution.I could equally say the PS3 will be the most ingenious console because it will allow seven players to play at once wireless. It is opinion and therefore subjective, not fact. Nice try Junior.
The thing you are only getting half of is each time I mention nintendo along with other companies you soley just go on about me saying nintendo, nintendo, nintendo which isn't true.
The only reason i always buy a nintendo console is because there games are always brought out soley on their own consoles.Yes, it's true you mention 2nd and 3rd party companies but only in relation to Nintendo and you never go into any real depth either. This more than validates my criticisms of your argument.
And before you go into an argument mabye you should go out and even take an interest in nintendos plans before going on like that. You are just as bad as that person in that comic you posted.This is where you've lost me since as far as I was aware, Nintendo have only released a handful of points of information since the Revolution was announced, so I went directly to Nintendo.com and searched for Revolution. The latest press release had this to say:
The cool look: The new console boasts high-quality materials and a smart, compact design, approximately the size of three standard DVD cases stacked together. A variety of prototype colors are being showcased during E3. It will come with a silver stand that makes the system a welcome, artistic component of any multimedia setup, whether it’s displayed vertically or horizontally.I don't buy consoles to hang them up over my toilet and admire them everytime I leak the lizard, I buy them to shove under my TV and kick some zombie ass on.
Backward compatibility: The new console plays all games from the current Nintendo GameCube generation. But there's more…The PS2 was backwards compatible, so this is hardly a new concept.
The secret weapon: The console also will have downloadable access to 20 years of fan-favorite titles originally released for Nintendo 64, the Super Nintendo Entertainment System (SNES) and even the Nintendo Entertainment System (NES).This is a pretty neat feature, except I can do this for free (albeit illegally but meh) using emulators and ROMs. This is the most impressive feature, but how much it costs and how long it will take to arrive in the UK will depend how impressive it is.
Easy expansion: A bay for an SD memory card will let players expand the internal flash memory.Yeah, the PS2 had this. Sony never actually did anything with it, but Sony thought it up first.
Two disc formats, one slot: Instead of a tray, a single, innovative, self-loading media bay will play both 12-centimeter optical discs used for the new system as well as Nintendo GameCube discs. Owners will have the option of equipping a small, self-contained attachment to play movies and other DVD content.So it can play DVDs. So can the PS2 and XBox.
The specs: The system boasts 512 megabytes of internal flash memory, wireless controllers, two USB 2.0 ports and built-in Wi-Fi access. A worldwide network of Nintendo players can gather to compete in a comfortable, inviting environment. Revolution’s technological heart, a processing chip developed with IBM and code-named "Broadway," and a graphics chip set from ATI code-named "Hollywood," will deliver game experiences not previously possible.This makes it the least powerful next-gen console. Hardly something to brag about.
The stars: Introduction of a number of new franchise properties will add to the world’s richest stable of stars, including Mario, Zelda, Super Smash Bros., Donkey Kong and Metroid.As if we didn't see this coming.
Wireless freedom: A number of Wi-Fi-enabled launch titles are in development that will employ Nintendo’s newly announced wireless gaming service, Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection. A worldwide network of Nintendo players can gather to compete in a comfortable, inviting environment.This is pretty cool, but not really new either.
Freedom of design: A dynamic development architecture equally accommodates both big-budget, high-profile game “masterpieces” as well as indie games conceived by individual developers equipped with only a big idea.So it is easy to code for? So was the PS2.

So now I have fulfilled your requirement I have learned nothing new.
Let's put it this way arguments are about backing yourself up not just putting down the revolution.I'm not putting it down, I'm just saying it doesn't deserve the praise you're giving it.
If you want to know the reason I'm talking about nintendo so much is because they are the ones that deserve this future generation. On the current generation I haven't mentioned nintendo because at the moment the Xbox is the console of now. Although sony has deserved their current win as if I was a developer I wouldn't want to wait 2 and a half years until the xbox comes out. Back then graphics were important too. The PS2 was a new piece of grand technology. For the next generation give me a point for the other consoles to win. A point that makes sense. Even finding just a few actual good ones is a challenge.Okay then:

The PS3 and XBox 360 are both going to be more powerful and have better graphics than the Revolution. Saying graphics doesn't matter is pointless because they do, people prefer playing games that look vibrant and vivid.

Performance matters because they will have faster loading times, less pauses for loading, able to handle more data and therefore games will handle better. For example, in the next GTA game, this added performance could reduce fogging drastically or render each and every car in the game at the same time, so if you leave a car somewhere or if a car you're chasing goes out of your sight, they won't arbitrarily disappear.

The PS3 will be able to handle 7 wireless controllers at once. No multitaps, no tangled wires, people can sit where they want. Perfect for games like Pro Evolution Soccer.

That's a few points, but I'm going to a party now so bye. I'll edit this later.

Sceptile_Master
28th May 2005, 03:46 PM
I know all these features and they said more will be released especially to do with the DS compantibility of the system, but I suppose everyone doesn't have a DS, but I can see your point of view now that I think of the not everyone having a DS thing. But what i just looked at is made me excited. If they actually remake FF7 on the PS3 I'm definetely bagging one. That is if they do. It would be a grave mistake not to. Let's just say I've never seen a gamespot forum for a tech demo get 17 pages in just a couple of day. I was in a complete orgasm while viewing the video.

SupremeChampion
13th July 2005, 12:21 AM
[i]well then, looks like i missed a lot of fun. but anyway, i'm gonna say that i will most likely get Revolutions. i understand that it will most likely be the least powerful of the systems, but hey, i can deal with it. i get nintendo more for it's titles anyway. everything else it comes with (wi-fi everything and so on) is just cool extras.

~The Italian Stallion

btw= i hear the nintendo's on-line gameplay was gonna be free. is that true? i mean, i'm swearing by it or anything, it's just something i heard.

fat man with a monkey
13th July 2005, 01:08 AM
Some of the online gameplay on the 360 will be for free.

PNT510
13th July 2005, 03:24 AM
Yeah Nintendo's online is all gonna be free. There is a good chance most of PS3's online stuff will be free like it was for the PS2, but there is also rumors floating around that they might do something similar to XBox Live and charge a small fee.

The Muffin Man
24th July 2005, 08:56 PM
This high price thing seems to be picking up more and more steam as rumors of Sony go deeper and deeper into debt spread. I dont know how many times I heard that the PSP would be 500+. Yet when it actually came out it wasn't 500 bucks. I dont know how in this day and age anyone could believe that the PS3 or X Box 360 would be more than 300 bucks. It would be suicide for either company who prices their console unresonably high and gives it's other competators a even bigger lead.

Well, to be fair, pricing a handheld at $500 is like asking for the Gameboy to come by and maul you.

Also, I really hope the PS3 is reasonably priced. I am not paying $400-500 for a PS3. There is no way I'm paying more than $300 for ANY of the Next Gens. And 300 is even pushing it.

Although I'll giggle like a schoolgirl if ANY of them is under $200. Then sigh and bitchslap them when PSP owners complain it 'Costs WAY too much'...

Roy Karrde
17th August 2005, 09:17 AM
Well I hate to bump up a topic that hasn't been posted in, in about a month. Yet the price for the X Box 360 was announced today. The stripped down and most likely the low produced version will be 300 bucks. The one that will come with everything and most likely the one you will be seeing all around is the 400 buck version. I would expect Sony to follow in Microsoft's steps and release the PS3 for 400 bucks seeing how by then people will be some what used to seeing a 400 dollar console.

http://www.gamespot.com/news/2005/08/17/news_6131245.html

Razola
17th August 2005, 10:00 AM
I bought my Cube for 150 bucks, same with my X-Box. I can treat my computer very nicely with 400 dollars.