PDA

View Full Version : Dude, I got a Dell

Crazy
26th May 2005, 07:35 PM
Well I am making this thread to tell you that I now have my very own computer(it is quite nice). Now you get to see more of me! I'm sure you're all very happy about the news(sarcasm). To make this a legit thread post what kind of computer you have and describe it. :nut:

kainashi
26th May 2005, 07:39 PM
this should be in my forum. :mad:

my computer is a compaq presario 6020us. got it a few years ago and still does what i want it to (for the most part.) i've upgraded it as far as she'll go though, besides the hard drive, video card, etc. it's an athlon xp 1900+, which runs at 1.6ghz, 1gb of ram, 250gb hard drive, radeon 9500 pro video card, and i put a new sound card in it a few months back. i was going to build a new one for my birthday but i didn't get to. :cry:

Zak
26th May 2005, 07:41 PM
Moving to TBD...

I have a Dell too. Not gonna bother digging for the stats of it, but right now it's starting to suck. Just... don't use Windows ME. That's all I have to say.

Thy
26th May 2005, 07:52 PM
I've recently been likign the new Dells coming out. The only problem is that people honestly think that the systems they but on TV for 300 dollars are accually good computers. They're equiped with 128 MB of RAM when you need at least (if not more) than that to run Windows. Then of course Dell just loads up the harddrive with 300 gigs. Like people need that much space when their computer can't even run properly. When will people learn? At least their new XPS Gen 2 laptop looks cool.

Anyway, I have a HP Pavilion with a 150 gig harddrive with AMD Athalon XP 3000. It's got a gig of RAM and a Nvidia 6800. Plus it has a nice little memory card reader built right in for my digital camera.

I have no idea how a computer as powerful as it is is complete crap. Every single game we try to play is messed up and we built the thing for gaming. The title screen freezes up on Star Wars Battlefront. The Buy/Build icons on The Sims 2 are messed up. The list goes on. I have a feeling that it might be the video drivers but everytime I install the latest it screws up my computer.

Oh well, the next computer I get will be a Mac or a XPS gen 2 laptop.

Jeff
26th May 2005, 10:10 PM
Wow, I also have a Dell, got it for Christmas 2003.

Laptop, (Inspiron 1100)
Hard drive: 30 gig
Memory: 256 meg
Processor: Celeron 2.30 GHz
Running WinXP Home, SP2 of course

Also, it's blue and silver and I have a matching mini mouse (not to be confused with the Disney charachter :P)

It's served me well, but it's getting slow with long hard drive acceses, I just defraged today so I'll have to wait and see if that was the problem (windows was telling me it didn't have to be defraged for the longest time...)

Haruko
26th May 2005, 11:32 PM
Congrats on getting a new computer. I actually plan on building my own one at the end of the summer, w/saving up and my summer job. It'll have a intel Pentium 4 Prescott 3.0 GHz, DVD Burner[Finalllyy], 1 GiG of Cosair RAM,Prolly a 100+Gig hard drive, a Radeon 9600 video card..etc. It'll be fun building it.

Either that or it'll be a Barebone-Shuttle kit, since I barely have any room on my desk. Although I'll touch it up nicely, like installing Ubuntu Linux. It'll save me money so I can buy a nice LCD. Muahhahahahaha.</ end evil laugh >

Anyway, I'm currently running on a hp pavilion mx70. I think it's 1.3 GHz from what I can tell from BIOS, But I don't know whats inside of it. Not until I get a can of compressed air, I open it up and clean it. Oh yeah..it has a 60 Gig hard drive, 256 MB of RAM.

youdontknowme
28th May 2005, 01:34 AM
I need to upgrade my computer a bit... (customized but not that great).
I need a new video card (currently, radeon 9200) and some RAM (I have some no-name pc3200 512mb RAM.........)
and that's about it, unless I want to get a new mobo for pci-e...
the processor is fine for me (p4 3ghz). I do have a DVD burner :) which is nice... yup...

shazza
29th May 2005, 02:36 AM
Congratulations.

I have had the most piece of shit computer for the past 8 years.

AMD-K6 300Mhz Processor
4GB HD
128MB RAM

I don't think anyone on TPM can beat that.

I have been nagging my father for a computer for the past 4 years. He agrees that it needs an upgrade, but he never gets around to doing it. Cheap asshole.

However, I just bought a computer today; with my money. It feels more satisifing to know that it is rightfully yours. I shall be receiving it soon.

AMD 64 3000+
200GB HD
1GB RAM
ATI Radeon 9800

That's quite a jump. Finally... I will be able to play new games. I haven't been able to do that since 1999. Should be good.

cd
29th May 2005, 03:16 AM
nice shazza :round:

Operating System: (Windows XP Home Edition, Service Pack 2 (5.1 - 2600)) ¤ Uptime: (5h 57m 2s) ¤ Record: (6w 5d 32m 36s set on Sat Mar 05 20:22:31 2005)

Memory Usage: (Usage: 358/1024MB (34.96%)) ¤ (||||||||||--------------------) ¤ Display Info: (1024x768 32bit 85Hz) ¤ Monitor: (Plug and Play Monitor)

CPU Info: (1 CPU - Intel Pentium IV, 2.39 GHz, 512KB (0% Load)) ¤ Temperature: (Deactivated by user)

Hard Disks: (Total/Free: 74.52/20.36GB ¤ Total/Free space on: C: 29.29/18.84GB ¤ E: 45.23/1.53GB)

Connection/Network Interfaces: (#1 (Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC - Packet Scheduler Miniport (100Mb/s) 51.38MB In, 33.00MB Out))

homeofmew
29th May 2005, 04:41 PM
I have a Dell
Its over 8 yrs old I think.
pentium II prosessor and 16 GIGs
256 mem.
windows xp
Microphone& oldy printer :(
I live somehow.

Sceptile_Master
29th May 2005, 06:42 PM
Congrats. Hopefully I get into college. My course gives you a free laptop to keep. My home computer is good but completely buggered up. For a laptop I must say it looks the shiznik (random made up word). It has something like a 1.7GHz processor, 15 inch screen, err, can't remember the rest but my jaw dropped. It has wireless internet too but I have no idea how fast those actually are.

Haruko
30th May 2005, 11:35 PM
I actually just got a new computer, the old one's PSU doesn't want to work anymore. So until we get a new one, if we can...We have..

A Compaq PresarioSR1020 series with 512 MB of RAM, 2.93 GHz intel p4, 160 GB HDD, DVD Burner/CD Burner + DVD-Rom and CD-ROM/RW reader. We got it this morning, so we're still setting it up.

We also got a 17" LCD screen. Everything looks soo much smaller. x.x

Kris
31st May 2005, 03:34 PM
I have a G4 Powerbook (Yes its a mac). Not sure on all stats but I know it has 60 GB hard drive with a cd and dvd burner built in.

To be honest I love it as its perfect for my design work, and it looks good to:)

Housyasei-san
2nd June 2005, 04:51 PM
*comes from nowhere*

I have the 2nd most crappyist computer in here (I think :nut: ).

Dell Latitude CPi laptop
Windows 98
Pentium II
128 MB RAM (50% used :\)
16 Gig HD (3/4 used up)

I got it used back in summer of 2002 for school. It's having several problems; ie turning off randomly and freezing when I open it back up. I also can't burn CDs anymore. Bummer. I hope to get a new one soon.