PDA

View Full Version : The Longest Yard

FTorchicX
31st May 2005, 09:34 PM
Have any of you guys seen this movie yet? I saw it on Saturday, and I thought it was hilarious. Though it ends really quickly, Chris Rock and Adam Sandler are both very good in it.

Razola
1st June 2005, 05:09 AM
I thought it was pretty damm good. A pretty good mix of comedy and sports action. Granted, most of the sportsy stuff is just over-the-top tackles and sacks, but shit if it wasn't good eye candy.

Tainted
1st June 2005, 06:50 AM
Yeah, I saw it and it wasn't bad. It definately kicks the shit out of the original. They just didn't know how to make movies back then, I guess. I like the re-appearance of Burt Reynolds, though. Was nice.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

Heald
1st June 2005, 09:15 AM
When I was in America, I saw a trailer for some movie called 'Fever Pitch' - it looked like a shitty rom-com with a baseball background. Is it as terrible as it looked?

Anyway, this movie looks good, I might go see it sometime.

Carbonite4
1st June 2005, 10:21 AM
I thought the original was awesome, so hopefully this one will be okay, but...I'm still holding out.

FTorchicX
1st June 2005, 08:06 PM
When I was in America, I saw a trailer for some movie called 'Fever Pitch' - it looked like a shitty rom-com with a baseball background. Is it as terrible as it looked?

No, it was actually pretty good. I didn't like it as much as Hitch, but it wasn't that horrible.

Anyways, I also thought that the McDonalds guy was pretty funny. The actor is generally good in these kinds of comedies though.

Razola
2nd June 2005, 06:21 AM
They just didn't know how to make movies back then, I guess.
Wasn't it made in the same decade as Star Wars and not one, but TWO Mel Brooks movies?

I'm going to have to disagree.

Tainted
2nd June 2005, 06:50 AM
Wasn't it made in the same decade as Star Wars and not one, but TWO Mel Brooks movies?

I'm going to have to disagree.

But look at the majority of movies back then, dude. Sure-- you've got those few amazing ones, but other than that others were even less than mediocre at most. The style they used to make movies was just much differant than how they make them now.

Sure, you've got your shit movies now-- but at least for the most part they weren't as dry as movies back then.

Adieu,
Zak Hunter

GreenShirT
12th July 2005, 11:04 AM
It is getting bad reviews from many major sources so it will be one of those films I see when I am really bored or on DVD. I usually like Adam Sandlar films though but some hav e sucked, IE Big Daddy

homeofmew
14th July 2005, 03:35 PM
dumbest movie ever.

Razola
24th July 2005, 12:09 PM
dumbest movie ever.
http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B0006SSMWE.01.LZZZZZZZ.jpg
Who wants to bet I can go dumber?