PDA

View Full Version : Sonic CD/Windows XP problem- please help

Knight of Time
2nd June 2005, 05:52 PM
Hi.

Ever since our new computer with Windows XP got set up, I have made a few unsuccessful attempts to try and run a favourite classic-type game of mine, namely Sonic CD.

After installing the game, whenever I try to run the game, it tells me that it cannot find a file called "dino2d.dll". I have looked up this file through search engines, but unfortunately I can't get very far with them.

Also, I have seen Sonic Cult's page on how to get the game to work with Windows XP, but I can't get very far there either.

Can someone possibly hand me a helping hand, please?

Thanks in advance.

Thy
2nd June 2005, 08:31 PM
I know this is not answering your question directly, but you may want to change the compatibility settings. Right click the icon to your game and select compatibility. Change the compatibility setting to the version closest to the game's release. For a lot of old games that I play, XP messes them up. Try that. It might help.

Knight of Time
9th July 2005, 02:53 PM
I managed to get the game to work on Windows XP (one thing I did need was the file which fixes the game for Windows XP, called "SonicCDfix.exe"), and it works fine right now, so could someone close this please?