PDA

View Full Version : Chroniken des Welt

ivysaur12
2nd March 2003, 06:39 PM
Hey every one, this is my first real pokemon fic. Please, I know it's bad, any criticism would be great. Please, just tell me what you think.

Chroniken des Welt by Ivysaur12
---
Prologue - (heilig Blut)
---
This is the world, the pokemon world. Built on the basis of pokemon, the people of this world have lived in peace. They have set up leagues for their pokemon, they have made it so people go use their pokemon to battle. There are also legends.

It is said that all pokemon come from space. Others say they come from the ground. The truth is, pokemon come from the people of this world. It has always been a mystery, where pokemon came from. Ancient cities of great power have been found. Why they were abandoned, no one knows.

In these ancient cities, we found them. The Runes. These runes are the telling of where pokemon came from. According to the runes, the pokemon came from the hearts of humanity. What this meant, we could not tell. Only one more line could be translated, the only other one legible.

“When the three come to the heart, the mystery was solved”

My name is Professor Anthony Kristainsen. My lab is in Celadon City, Kanto. We found these ruins in the Greenlay Mountains, North of Blackthorn. That was 1993. It’s now May 2004, two months after the discovery of Hoenn and its people.

Chapter 1 - (die aussuchen Kinder)
---
“What are we going to do?”
“What do you mean?”
“386! I can’t believe it!”
“Why not?”
“That’s 135! ONE HUNDRED THIRTY FIVE!”
“Your point?”
“What are you going to do?”
“WE DON’T KNOW!”
“It seems strange, that we have to resort to bickering like this.” The three people looked up at the shadowed figure in the doorway. The backlighting shrouded his face, distorting the shadows.
“Professor, what do you suggest?” The female professor moved towards him. She looked back at the other two, and waved her hair around.
“We will send three.” The three professors looked stunned. The obese one moved towards the man in the doorway. He was outraged, stamping his feet.
“I WILL NOT DO IT! I will not send three innocent children into Hoenn! We know little to NOTHING about it! This is absurd.” He then pushed in his chair, muttering to himself.
“Throwing people into danger has never been a real issue for you, Professor. I do remember the Kelspon incident, don’t know?” The man in the doorway smirked. He knew he had won.
“Where do you suggest we get the children?” The woman asked. She now was sitting down, her legs shaking.
“Professor Kristainsen is graduating fifty three students to become trainers. We will find three there.” He put on his bowler hat, and started to make his way out.
“NO! Not Celadon! My daughter, Carrey, she’s graduating. Please, Professor, reconsider!” The third professor, much skinnier than the other male professor. Stood up.
“Celadon is it. I’ll remember that about your daughter. You may have just gotten her a one way ticket to Hoenn.”
Bands. Popcorn Stands. A circus clown. It was graduating day in Celadon City. The whole town was there. Fireworks painted the night skies, while Carnivals danced under the moonlight. The people were happy, and the night was young.
“Professor, a word?” The young girl walked in. She was wearing a green kimono, and her black hair was tied back. Her young years showed, yet her wisdom exceeded her age. She was wearing small shoes, ones that had nothing special about them. Her kimono was decorated with her family seal, a light green impression of a rose. The girl had one the Kanto Pokemon League and was now a Gym Leader.
“Hello Ericka! Good to see you! What’s on your mind?” The professor said. He was sitting back in his chair, looking some what slobbish. The professor had brown hair, and he was in desperate need of a shave, for he hadn’t left the lab for two days. His fingernails were bitten down to their end, and his fingers were red and sore from all the typing.
Ericka bit her lip, and looked down at her feet. “Ericka, are you all right?”
“Professor Kirstainsen, I’ve heard about the League’s plans. They’re going to send three children to Hoenn,” At this time, Ericka broke down crying. The professor ran over to help her up.
“Ericka! What’s wrong?”
“My...my... little sister, Carrey, she’s....” Ericka couldn’t finish. She fell on the floor and started to wail. “PLEASE! DON’T SEND HER!!!” Kristainsen stepped back. He had never seen Ericka act like this before.
“I...” He knew that he had to pick at random. It wouldn’t be fair to make any one have an advantage over any one else. “Ericka, I... can’t.” He was ashamed, wishing he could do something to get her off of the floor.
“Professor, I’m a hypocrite.” Ericka now looked up. Her eyes were red and bloodshot. Tear dripped down her face, and her nose was flaming. “Six years ago, I was chosen to be the Grass Gym Leader after Miss. Henderson died.” The Professor nodded. He wondered where she was going with this. “Well, I um, as you know, there was another girl trying out who had made it to the final two, Erin Healy,” She sniffed, and dropped her head again. “The day before they picked the Gym Leader, she supposedly tripped and fell off a bridge. They had to remove both of her legs, and she would be in wheelchair for the rest of her life. The League chose me, for she was in no condition to be a gym leader. I found out later...” Ericka started to cry again. “My father had hired some one to push her off the bridge! I’m just letting Carrey get the advantage that she got.” Ericka now stood up, and brushed herself off. The Professor was very confused not.
“Wait, if you came her to ask me to not let her go, then you tell me that you don’t want to give her an unfair advantage, what do you want me to do?” Ericka pondered the question.
“I want... I want you to find out why they’re doing this. I want to know why they aren’t sending more experienced trainers!” Ericka stamped her foot.
“Ericka, every one wants to know that! The League only said they wanted to send new children for they wanted Hoenn trainers from Kanto and Johto.” The Professor walked over to Ericka, trying to comfort her.
“I don’t believe that. Professor, I want you to find out for me. I know it sounds like a lot, but ever since Lioncrest took over, things in this League have been getting very secretive. Please, do this for me.” Ericka bowed, and started out the door.
“Ericka,” Ericka turned back to the professor. “I’ll do...I’ll do what I can.” She smiled, and bowed yet again. The professor then lumbered back over to her chair. This was going to be one long night.
“And now, the person you’ve ALL been waiting for, PROFESSOR ANTHONY KRISTAINSEN!” The man at the podium clapped, as did the other 5,000 spectators in the audience. The cheering rose even higher when the Professor came out.
“Thank you! Thank you! We have fifty three wonderful graduates here eager to get their pokemon. First, though...” A screen behind the professor flashed up. “We will pick the three lucky students who get to venture into Hoenn. Their names will randomly appear on this screen. Once your name appears, please come to the podium.”
The Professor pressed a button and the first roll of names flew by. After waiting, the professor pressed it again and the names slowed down. The eyes of the crowd followed every name, seeing if any one they knew would get picked. “Ark Masonton!” A small, shy boy walked out on the stage. He was wearing a brown jacket, and a somewhat dirty pair of pants. His eyes were out wide, still in shock of what just happened. Kirstiansen smiled at him, and pressed the button once again.
“Gurio Harken!” Gurio was tall, and he wearing a ripped t-shirt and jeans. He was the exact opposite of Ark, totally cool and calm. “And finally!” The Professor pressed the button once more. Julie Tennet, Orlay Cannot, Suzie Natan, the girls names flew by. When the screen stopped, the Professor chocked. “Carrey... Carrey Kigatsuyoi.” In the crowds, you could hear a small whimper. Carrey slowly approached the stage, unaware of what was going to happen. She seemed to be wearing the latest fashions of Kanto, a brown hat with a pink bow, a pink tank top, and blue shorts. “These are the three chi...” Some one’s phone started to ring.
“Umm... hold on!” Carrey remarked. “Hey, Lisa! Guess where I’m going! Ya! Hoenn! I wonder what type of shoes they have th..” Before Carrey could finish, Kristainsen had taken the phone away. Carrey gave him a dirty look and started to pout.
“As I was saying, these are the three children who will be venturing into the world of Hoenn! They will now pick their pokemon. These are the only known pokemon from Hoenn, we were given them by the Hoenn League. Please, choose.” The Professor backed off, and a table emerged from the floor. On it were three simple pokeballs. “Ark, you were picked first, you go.” Ark nodded, and looked down at the floor. He didn’t know what he should do. He had never been a situation like this before. “Ark, is there a problem?” Ark shook his head, and picked the up the ball closest to Carrey. “May I have...this one?” Ark seemed to have to force his words out, almost like he had a hard time speaking. “Yes yes, go ahead! Please throw out your pokemon!”
Ark took a deep breath, and threw out his ball. The ball flew through the air and landed in the front of the stage.”
“TREECKO!!!!!!” A small green grass pokemon emerged from the ball. Ark stepped back, surprised.
“You next, Gurio.” Gurio picked up the ball closest to him and threw it out.
“TORCHIC!” The fire bird started to dance around, looking for another pokemon to peck at. Gurio laughed, and returned Torchic. “Hey, you uhh, you might wanna return that thing.” Gurio said to Ark. Ark blushed, and returned Treecko. He felt extremely stupid.
“Carrey, the last pokemon is yours.” The Professor said kindly. Carrey grabbed her cellphone first, and called some one. She picked up the pokeball, and carelessly threw it.
“MUD MUD MUDKIP!” The small water pokemon ran around, happy to be out of the ball. Carrey paid no attention, still on her cellphone.
“Well, let’s get back to the rest of the kids!”
“Carrey...” Ericka walked into her room. She looked at her sister, sighed, and turned her head.
“What do you want?” She said in her always annoyed tone of voice. Ericka was on the brink of tears, and Carrey didn’t even care.
“I don’t get it!” Ericka yelled. Carrey turned her head. She was confused.
“Ericka...wha?”
“You don’t even know what you’re up against! Who knows what’s in Hoenn? Why does the League want you to do this! Carrey, I’ve never been this worried about you. Please, be careful.” Ericka looked over at her desk. On it was a computer with a picture of her boyfriend. Piles of paper flooded it, and under the inundation of sheets, there was her pokeball. Ericka raged over towards it and picked it up. “I CAN’T BELIEVE YOU!” Carrey was now at the back of her bed, scared of her sister.
“Wha...what do you mean?!”
“You haven’t even seen your pokemon yet! You have one of the only three known Hoenn pokemon, and you aren’t even looking after it!” Ericka rolled her eyes and threw the ball to Carrey.
“It’s not like I want to go. If you want, you can take the mud thing and go to Hoenn. I. Don’t. Care.” Carrey turned back and continued the write in her diary. Ericka took the pokeball, and dropped her head.
“You know, Dad would want you to go. He doesn’t even know your going.” Ericka turned and started to step out of the room.
“Wait, you think he’d want me to go?”
“Yes, I do.” Ericka dropped the pokeball and glided down the stairs.
“Today, we put the three children on the ferry to HOENN!” The announced screamed as loud as he could. Ark was on the boat, trying to avoid the pictures. Gurio was having fun with it, posing and such.
”Excuse me, but where’s the third kid?” One reporter asked. The Professor shook his head. He didn’t know. She had to show up, or there was going to be trouble.
“Look! It’s Ericka’s car!” A green mini van pulled up to the port. Out came Ericka and Carrey.
“There you are, Ms. Kigatsuyoi! We were afraid you wouldn’t show!” Kristainsen said gleefully. Carrey gave her put-off sort of grin, and boarded the ferry.
“These are Hoenn pokedexes. They sent them in yesterday. We’ve been unable to hack them, they use a strange coding. You can send us information with this button here. You can also take pictures here. Writing captions for them is also key. We need this info!” The Professor handed one to each. “Good Luck!”
“We watch the first ferry head of to Hoenn with these three lucky adventurers1 . What will they find? We’ll have to wait and see!”
“Professor Lioncrest, the ferry has left.”
“Good, good. Now, please arrest Professor Kristainsen. Make sure all the information from the children to this office. I want to oversee all of this, personally.
---
Preview for:
Chapter 2 - (Lügen am Potenz)
Ark, Gurio, and Carrey meet Professor Birch, who tells them about the world of Hoenn. Team Magma attacks Littleroot, and the three have to team up to try to retake the town. Back in Kanto, Ericka hears of the arrest of Kristainsen and starts to figure out what’s really going on.

kalad1
2nd March 2003, 08:23 PM
What is with the German chapter names?

ivysaur12
2nd March 2003, 08:34 PM
Well, I was reading a review for Xenosaga. It has a German title thing. Xenosage Episode 1: Something German.

ivysaur12
3rd March 2003, 08:40 PM
Chapter 2: (Lügen am Potenz)
---
Hello, my name is Ericka Kigatsuyoi. Yesterday, I had to watch my sister go on her adventure to Hoenn. I fell happy for her, yet, I can’t get over the fact that she has to leave. I feel that something’s wrong though. Is the League planning something? Are we part of something bigger? I am the Celadon City Grass Gym Leader, and this is my story.
“Earlier today, Pokemon Professor Anthony Kristainsen was arrested for treason. No details were given, but, we did get a comment from the head of the Kanto and Johto Pokemon League, Professor Dorjon Lioncrest. ‘Kristainsen did a terrible thing, and he will be punished.’ In other new, the buzz aro...” Ericka dropped the remote. “How...how...HOW CAN THIS BE???!!!!” She scrambled off the couch, dashing to the door. She was having a panic attack, her eyes red, about to break in tears. “Oh, wait...” Ericka scrambled upstairs and grabbed six very important items. Her Pokeballs.
Ark looked out at the small port they were approaching. The dock was overrun by waves of all sizes, the water completely blue. Small Tentacool clung to the mahogany wood, and the sun glistened in the pure blue sky. Ark flipped out his pokedex. “Let’s see... picture *click* And, description. Littleroot Port...” Ark tucked the pokedex back in his pocket.

He had no idea what he was doing. Ark had always been a shy lad, never doing anything that people would recognize him for. His brother, Aaron, had been a huge pokemon star, making it into the final sixteen of the Kanto pokemon league. He had accidentally caught the pokemon bug from his brother, and he was into it to. Ark’s skills were extraordinary, but he was young, and he acted like he didn’t know anything. This way, no one would no he existed. With a stroke of fate, he landed here, on a ferry to a place he had never heard of. What would come, he didn’t know.

“Welcome! Welcome!” A short, some was large man greeted them at the dock. He had a lab coat, and a dark green undershirt. “I’m Professor Birch, the head of the Professor’s Guild in Hoenn. I see that you have your pokemon, and your pokedexes...” He saw the each child had their heads down. “I see, that, umm, you haven’t been given the grand tour or Littleroot. C’mon!”
Ericka, dressed in a black stealth suit, lay on the grass outside of the Celadon Prison. Inside, Kristainsen was being held. She would do everything in her power to get him out.
“HERBY, GO!” A Victreebell emerged from the pokeball. “Ok, Herby, we’re going to break through this wall. Use your tail to drill through!”
“Vi, vi!” Herby nodded its “head” and started to poke at the concrete wall. Sparks flew, and the wall crumbled as the tail continued to penetrate the stone. Once Herby was done, there were five three inch holes about three and a half feet way from each other.
“Ok, good. Now, smooth it out and make an even bigger hole with Razor Leaf!” Ericka’s eyes widened as Herby created a perfectly smooth seven foot hole in the middle of the concrete prison wall. “Wa....WOW! Ok, Herby, return!” The grass pokemon shot back into the pokeball, and Ericka smiled. She ducked her head and continued through the prison.

Ericka was now in the perimeter of the prison field. Should coun’t stay for long, she would be caught. “Ok, Plum, Go!” Another pokemon, Vileplume, emerged. “Ok, Plum, every time you see a search light, hide me with your powders.”
“Plume Plume!” Of course, this didn’t work.
“WARNING! WARNING! UNIDENTIFIED OBJECT IN PRISON FIELD! MAKING RUN FOR JAIL HOUSE! WARNING!”
“Shoot! Ok, well, I hoped I wouldn’t have to resort to this, but.... GO! HERBY! GERANAMO! SEAWEEL! BELLE! and...” Ericka looked at the last pokeball and bit her lip. “SUNNY!” All five arose from the light of the pokeballs. Geranamo was a huge Meganium, Seaweel was a Tangela. Belle was a Bellossom, and Sunny... Sunny was a Sunflora who did absolutely nothing. “Ok, every one ready?”
“Mega! Ni!”
“Tange, tange!”
“Bell, som!”
“Pluuuuum!”
“Vi! Vi!”
“Su?” Sunny cocked his head, unaware of what was going on. Erick slapped her head, and shook in utter disbelief.
“Ok! Here they come! SLEEP POWDER! EVERY ONE!” After the years of Sleep Powder, Ericka had become immune to it. The police, on the other hand, fell immediately. After all had been sent into dream world, Ericka grabbed a key card, and returned her pokemon. “Ok, LET’S GO!”
“And in conclusion, this is the Lab. We do everything here. I prefer to do field work, of course, but, this is my home!” The kids looked around the lab in disbelief. It was so different from the lab back at Celadon. Although some what smaller, this lab was filled with what looked like more useful equipment. All three took notes with their dexes.

Carrey was looking out the window, staring at the sunny beach. It was 6:00, and in the sun was dipping in the sky. Pale blues and reds scorched the sky, while yellows and oranges lightly decorated the sunset. Hoenn was beautiful, she had come up with that. Carrey then peered into the sky, trying to make out what she saw.
“Is that...an air balloon?” Birch, Ark, and Gurio stopped talking and peered out a window.
“Yes, yes, I believe it is. It says something on it...” Gurio squinted, trying to make it out.
“OH NO!!!” Birch pointed at the balloon. “M!! TEAM MAGMA! QUICK! WE MUST GET OUT OF HERE!” Birch scrambled, trying to pick up his mess, getting all of his important documents.
“Team... Magma? Some sort of charity?” Gurio asked.
“No! Team Magma, famous for stealing pokemon so they can resurrect an ancient pokemon to..well, we have no time for this! Quick, to the car!” Birch tugged on the three, pulling them along.
“Hello, Hello, Birch. Long time no see.” A female voice called them.
“Cindra!” Birch called. A woman wearing a red top and hood stepped out. An “M”
was sewn into the top of the hood.
“Glad of you to remember me.” She said, seductively.
“How about I?” A smaller man stepped out. He wore the same clothes as Cindra, except smaller and in a sartorial style.
“Smoll!” Birch screamed. Smoll laughed.
“Wut bout me?” A huge man emerged from the shadows. His paws were as big as those on a Ursaring, and his face resembled that of a monkey.
“Oh, Volcor, it’s just you. Well, you two!” Birch held even tighter onto his suitcase.
“Well, well. I see these are the three that arrived from Kanto...” Cindra eyed Gurio and winked. “Hey there...”
“Hey yourself. Cindra, fiery name for a fiery wom..” He stopped, seeing that Carrey and Birch were both glaring at him evilly.
“Hmmm.... three on three, seems fair enough. How about it, kiddies?” Smoll snared.
“Fire! We accept!” Gurio said.
“We do?” Ark whispered.
“Umm... yeah, do we have to, like, tell the runt to do stuff?” Carrey said.
“Well, that would be battling with pokemon, right Carrey?” Gurio smiled. Carrey gave her annoying like sigh.
“OK! Team Magma! ATTACK!”

Battle
Team 1 - Ark, Gurio Carrey
Team 2 - Cindra, Smoll, Volcor (Team Magma - Grunts)
3 vs. 3

“OK! POOCHEYENA! GO!” Cindra yelled.
“Go! Torchic!” Gurio screamed as he smashed his ball out.
“Poocheyena, I choose you!” Smoll snickered as he released his pokemon.
“Let’s go... Treecko...” Ark cautiously threw out his pokeball.
“POOCHEYENA!” Volcor mumbled as he tripped and let his pokemon out.
“Um...like, whatever, Mudkip Power!” Carrey was trying to act hyper and happy. It wasn’t working.

“Bite!”
“Ember!”
“Tail Whip!”
”Pound!”
”Duhh... Leer?”
“Umm... hmm... Oh yeah!” Carrey pulled out her pokedex.

“Poochyena, a Dark Type pokemon. Poocheyena focus on biting attacks, so watch out for their mouth”

“Ok, so, like... Scratch?”

Cindra’s Poocheyena jumped in midair. “Poo....” Torchic stared at the dog about to bite him. Poocheyena let out a howl become careening down and nipping at Torchic, ripping off his feathers. “TORRRRRR!!!” Torchic then became enraged. You could see the fire build up in his eyes. “TOR TOR TOR TOR!!” From his wings, he engulfed Cindra’s Poocheyena in fire. “CHEY!!!!!” The dog toppled onto the ground.
“YES! GO TORCHIC!” Gurio laughed, pointing at Cindra. “Looks like your Poocheyena has ZERO HP left! HA!” Cindra grunted.
Smoll’s Poocheyena was fast, but that all that it had going for it. It whipped around Treecko.
“TREECKO! WATCH...erm... watch...” Ark tried to yell out to Treecko, but his voice was lost in the shouts.
“POOCH!” The dog mercilessly whipped Treecko around. “Pooch!!!” it laughed, showing no emotion.
”Tree.....” Treecko staggered up. “TREECKO!” With both fists out, Treecko smashed Poocheyena into the ground. “POOO!!!!!” It yelled out in pain. Although hurt, he still was conscious. Volcor’s Poocheyena, on the other hand, was as stupid as him. It was as big as him too. Mudkip and him were at a showdown. First, Mudkip dashed to the right, trying to take advantage of the Poocheyena’s stupidness. “MUUU!!!” With raging claws, Mudkip slashed up Poocheyena really well. “POOOOOOOOOOOOOO!” Poocheyena was now terrified, the only it could do would be to flinch.

“Ember! AGAIN!” Gurio was now in the full heat of the battle. You could see it in his eyes, as with Torchic’s. He was very competitive.
“Sand Attack, Poocheyena!” Smoll was getting worried.
”Absorb, I think...” Ark shied away, hoping that he wouldn’t mess up.
“Tackle...uh huh...” Volcor drooled, completely unaware of his surroundings.
“Mud Slap him up! Woo... this is kinda fun! Kinda, I said kinda!” Carrey was now, dancing, “getting into the heat of battle”

“Torchic, TOR!!!!!” This time, Torchic threw out embers that charred the ground, creating some smoke. “Poo....” Smoll’s Poocheyena started to get up and wobbled. Before he had a chance to get one lumbering step, he careened over.
“NOOO!” Smoll almost started to cry.
Treecko winked at the Poocheyena, and started to laugh. “POOOOOOCHEYENA!!!” The pokemon was now engulfed in Rage. “Treecko, tree.” It seemed like Treecko was trying to giving him some parting advice. “Tree, Tree.... TREECKO!!!” Orbs of green light struck Poocheyena, and were carried back to Treecko.

Battle Over
Winners: Team 2: Ark, Gurio, Carrey

“Grrr... we’ll be back!” With that, the three Team Magma Grunts headed back into their balloon, sailing off into the dark night.
“Phew... that was fun! Professor, how do you know those three?” Gurio asked.
“Well, they once lived here! All three received pokemon from me. I don’t know what could have happened to them, though. Oh well. Now, that was AMAZING! You all have AMAZING skill. Wow, I may have just witnessed the rise of three amazing trainers!” The group blushed. “Now, you all should be headed off on your way. There are three different paths out of this town. I suggest that you each take a different one. Each will lead you to the place you are going. Good luck.” Birch walked back into his lab, muttering something about darned Poocheyena.
“Well, I guess this is like, good bye.” Carrey said.
“Naw, we’ll see each other!” Gurio said.
“We don’t know each other.” Ark said, and sighed.
“You know, he’s right.” Carrey said, grinning. All three laughed.
“Oh well, maybe, if we see each other again, we can get together. Right now though...” Gurio looked towards the woods. The other two nodded.

Against the sunset, three aspiring trainers ventured in the unknown of Hoenn. With no map, no contacts, and no friends, it would be one long, adventurous journey.

Data sent to Kanto:
Littleroot Port
Littleroot Town
Littleroot Lab
Team Magma
Poocheyena
---
Preview for:
Chapter 3: (Die Erstaunlich Rettung)
Ericka manages to save Kristainsen, and get him out of the jail alive. They go underground into a secret lab that can tap into the League’s database. In Hoenn, the three spend their first night, and Gurio uncovers another clue into the mysterious past of this word.