PDA

View Full Version : Elite Four(5)

Adam3k3
5th June 2005, 12:45 PM
I was awy from Pokemon Fire Red but now Im back, any way last time I stoped I was about to fight the Elite Four, I did but I die fast. I need help, here are my pokemon:

Charizard LV64

Slash
Blast Burn
Flamethrower
Metal Claw

Hunter LV44

Dream Eater
Dhadow Punch
Curse
Destiny Bond

Marowak LV46

Bonemerang
Rage
False Swipe
Trash

Electabuzz LV34

Leer
Thunderpunch
Light Screen
Swift

What do you think? And what other pokemon must I add you?

Jeff
5th June 2005, 12:57 PM
I'd add in a psychic type to deal with Bruno, 'Kazam worked for me. For your sixth slot, something with an ice move, preferably a water type with ice beam, to deal with Lance, who's team has a glaring weakness to ice. Also, you need some better moves, if you can get T-Bolt on Electrabuzz that will help. Also, I'd reccomend all of your pokes being at least in their 40s.

Hope that helps.

Adam3k3
5th June 2005, 01:01 PM
Thanks for the tips. Where can I get good moves? I have a LV50 Zapdos but his moves are crap, any good ice pokemon?

Jeff
5th June 2005, 01:13 PM
Articuno gets Ice Beam on its own. But you can also get the TM and teach it to Lapras, that would probably be better IMO, since Lapras can also get surf to deal with some of the other E4 pokes. Also, remember there is an endless supply of Ice Beam TMs, as long as you don't mind shelling out the cash for them.

Adam3k3
5th June 2005, 01:25 PM
Ok, so all other pokemons are ok? Ok can you tell me what and when to use on etch of the Elite Four? Thanks for your time.

Poryhedron
5th June 2005, 02:15 PM
Charizard and Electabuzz can team up to wipe out Lorelei. Charizard flambés the Ice-types who aren't also Water, and Electabuzz zaps the Water-types.
For Bruno, Charizard should be fine on its own, even though you haven't given it any Flying moves. I don't expect the Fighting-types to be able to resist your Flamethrower for very long, and Steelix will certainly go down fast to that move.
Haunter can take center stage against Agatha. You should either replace Dream Eater with Psychic via TM or replace one of its other moves with Hypnosis via Move Maniac. I recommend going with Psychic because Hypnosis has bad accuracy. Either way, use Shadow Punch on Agatha's Ghost-types and your Psychic-type attack on her Poison-type...she's got a Dark-type in her improved tream, I believe, so switch out Haunter for whoever's super-effective against that Dark-type. I forget which one it is. If it's Murkrow, use Electabuzz, etc...
When you take on Lance, open with Electabuzz because he leads with Gyarados. After that, just switch to your Ice-user and chill.
For your Rival...let's see...he opens with a Heracross, doesn't he? Open with Haunter and just do whatever. Heracross isn't doing much to any Haunter. He also wields a Tyranitar, against whom your Marowak's Bonemerang may be your best bet unless you're using Lapras, in which case Surf Tyranitar off the field. Electabuzz can probably best his Blastoise, Charizard can just laugh at Exeggutor and Bonemerang could serve against his Arcanine. As for Alakazam...hm...good question. I'd recommend making your sixth battler a Dark-type like Sneasel, who likes in Floe Island's icy cavern.

Silent Dragonfly
5th June 2005, 04:17 PM
Pory, this is the first time through, no upgrades yet.

Slowbro instead of Piloswine shouldnt make a lot of difference while Buzz is still around.

Onix's Rock Type might cause problems for Zard, a water type such as suggested Lapras would make short work of them.

Agatha's Haunter should be easier to take down than Misdreavus, due to the Psychic weakness.

Lance's lack of Kingdra and somewhat weaker double Dragonair should make give Lapras an easy job with Ice Beam.

Rival's Pidgeot, rather than Hera, should be no problem for Buzz or Lapras and Rhydon's double water weakness will allow Lapras to wreck it much easier than T-tar.

Poryhedron
5th June 2005, 04:54 PM
Pory, this is the first time through, no upgrades yet.
Wrong. Want to know why?

Charizard LV64

Slash
Blast Burn
Flamethrower
Metal Claw
That's why.

Poryhedron
5th June 2005, 04:59 PM
Oh, that's right, I forgot you could get Blast Burn just after Blaine.

Adam3k3
6th June 2005, 06:18 AM
Thanks guys, I will gave it ago and post what heppend soon. Feels good to get back:)

Adam3k3
7th June 2005, 10:10 AM
I was fighting my way till the last on, but than I was out of everything with a little HP on my Charizard, so I died. Now I need to level up my Lapras, where is the beset place? And where was the Move Maniac?
Thanks

Chris 2.1
7th June 2005, 11:17 AM
I was having similar E4/5 problems in Fire Red (which I bought last week). But my Poemmon were around 55 each. They were stable, but taking on 5 opponents with levels increasing as you went always took its toll.

My solution? Max Potions and revives. Use the VS Checker around Kanto (the Bridge Bike Gang West of Celadon are good, as are the fighters on One Island). Keep fighting them, then go and buy as many revives and max potions as you can. I must have had 15 revives and 10 max potions.

It took a while but was worth it. Before Agatha I used revives and max potions, and then before Lance and then Gary. Luckily only 2/3 went down after each match so they werent thrown away in vain.

It worked so well. By the time I faced Gary I walked over him despite a slightly level difference. I switched out to tackle each of his Pokemon.

Try it. Make your Pokemon 50/55 and have acess to Electric, Water, Ice, Psychic types/moves as basics. Also try and cover as many types as possible.

Adam3k3
7th June 2005, 02:03 PM
Hmmm whats the VS Checker? My pokemon are at LV34-50, other kids that I dident fight are around 13-30.

Silent Dragonfly
7th June 2005, 03:08 PM
VS Seeker is a key item you are given in Vermillion City Pokécenter, when you use it near trainers you may be able to re-battle them, it takes 100 steps to recharge after each use however.

Adam3k3
7th June 2005, 03:18 PM
Aha, I think I missed it so I will fly back and get it. Damn Im realy going crazy, I was realy good with originals and ruby and now Im like the bigeset noob on this fourms.