PDA

View Full Version : Hey, what's in your stereo system?

.hacker
5th June 2005, 06:14 PM
In addition to enjoying anime, I'm also a stereo audiophile. Since stereo systems have become popular, in both homes and cars, I thought it would be interesting to discuss about our stereo systems and what we use them for.

My current home system has the following:

Main speakers: Dahlquist DQ-20
Subwoofer: MK MX-150THX
Rear Speakers: Paradigm ADP-170
Center Speaker: Paradigm CC-370
Amplifier: Tandberg 3016A
Receiver: Integra DTR-6.5

I love to play the stereo primarily for music, but I've added the capability to listen to 7.1 surround sound, but still have to purchase the last two speakers to do so. Most people complain about the system being too loud, even with the volume at only 30%. :lol:

In my car, I have the following pieces:

Speakers: Dynaudio System 340
Subwoofer: JL Audio W7 10''
Amplfiers: Two JL Audio 2 X 150 and one JL: Audio 500 X 1
Equalizer: Audio Control DQX

I also have a Sony headplate and CD changer, but I don't remember the model.

Listening to high quality music is a blast for me, and I love being able to listen to music the way it was meant to be.

How do you guys feel about stereos? Discuss.

fat man with a monkey
5th June 2005, 06:46 PM
I... I don't know what all mine is. It's all been free, though =) I just had to fix everything and cobble it together. Looking at getting a couple polk audio speakers from a friend's parents for $20, though. Oh, and how do I feel about stereos? I live for music. My stereo sounds perfect, and only begins to distort when I have everything maxed out, so it gets the job done.

Systematic Revolution
6th June 2005, 04:03 PM
My stereo system is comprised of:

A portable CD player hooked into early 90s computer speakers.

It's a beast.

I love stereo systems. I wish I had one. But I make my own music, so I suppose it's an okay trade-off.

RedStarWarrior
7th June 2005, 05:11 PM
I am not quite sure the specific model numbers, but the speakers are Infiniti with Audiobahn amps and subs.

Drago
30th December 2014, 04:53 AM
Nine and a half years later, I pose the question to TPMers...

With the uprising of computers and Apple products, do people care about stereos anymore?

Blademaster
30th December 2014, 05:19 AM
Pretty sure we had computers and crApple products in 2005, Drago.

Drago
30th December 2014, 07:08 AM
Not with the stranglehold on the market they hold today, brah. Conversely, speakers for said products have completely usurped the need for stereos.