PDA

View Full Version : Quicktime 7 Preview for Windows

kainashi
6th June 2005, 02:53 PM
New features in QuickTime 7 Player for Windows

* H.264 video playback. Watch movies created with this state-of-the-art, standards-based codec, which delivers exceptional-quality video.
* Surround sound. With QuickTime 7, your PC, and surround speakers, you can enjoy the full effect of your surround sound game or movie.
* New and improved playback controls. Easily change settings including jog shuttle, playback speed, bass, treble, and balance.
* Zero-configuration streaming. QuickTime automatically determines your optimal Internet connection speed and reconnects dropped connections.
* Live resize. Playback continues smoothly as you change the size of the QuickTime Player window

download is here (http://www.apple.com/quicktime/download/preview/).

--

seems tons better than 6 so far. :monocle:

Chris
6th June 2005, 04:50 PM
Does it still bug you to "go Pro" every time you open the damn thing? That's what made me switch away in the first place. :no:

Thy
6th June 2005, 06:07 PM
I just downloaded this and I must saw that it was worth the wait. I watched the trailers in the HD section of quicktime.com and I'm amazed. They look incredible. Usually computer movies look like crap but some of these shots looked better than HD on my TV.

What are the real uses of Quicktime pro for just a normal user. One being getting rid of the stupid screen that appears but what item would want me to pay for it?

kainashi
6th June 2005, 07:30 PM
Does it still bug you to "go Pro" every time you open the damn thing? That's what made me switch away in the first place. :no:haven't noticed one so far. 8)

I just downloaded this and I must saw that it was worth the wait. I watched the trailers in the HD section of quicktime.com and I'm amazed. They look incredible. Usually computer movies look like crap but some of these shots looked better than HD on my TV.

What are the real uses of Quicktime pro for just a normal user. One being getting rid of the stupid screen that appears but what item would want me to pay for it?i watched a couple of trailers earlier too. they really do look amazing. :yes:

here's the pro only stuff:

New features in QuickTime 7 Pro for Windows

* Create H.264 video. Create incredible-looking video for any use, from 3G for mobile devices to HD.
* Create surround audio. Create a rich multimedia experience by adding multichannel audio to your movie.
* Floating controls. Easily access functions like pause, play, fast-forward, and rewind while watching full-screen movies.
* Background exporting. Export your movie in the background and continue with your next playback or editing task.
* Improved movie authoring. The all-new Movie Properties facilitates simple and efficient movie authoring.
* Automate with VB Script. Automate your QuickTime workflow with native VB Script support in QuickTime 7. Developers can also use VB Script to access the new QuickTime Active X control for creating

--

full screen is pro only too. :cry: not that my computer could handle a full screen hd trailer. :D

Thy
8th July 2005, 06:25 PM
I can watch some movie trailers like F4 and Serenity (which seems to have disappeared) in the lowest form. But when I try to watch others in the same setting or higher, the movie seems to skip. I would be fine if my computer could handle only so much, but when this is happening on the same setting as one's that work, I'm just confused. ??? The audio is fine but the video stops anf the starts about 5 seconds later. Why is this only happening in certain videos (like the Space shuttle one and the BBC world thing)? Normal movies (not HD) work fine. Is this just a glitch?

Kevin
9th July 2005, 05:41 PM
I think I'll wait til the Quicktime Alternative version.

Edit: And it looks like it's already out...heh.