PDA

View Full Version : June the month where Worlds Nationals is around the corner! [Duel Monsters]

Dark-San
7th June 2005, 08:39 AM
With the release of the latest set, Cybernetic Revolution, there comes to lots of changes in the creature section of the current metagame. Well enough blabbering from me, here goes my deck.

Creature [17]
Dimensional Warrior Girl
Saint Mage [2]
Cybernetic Magician [2]
Night Assailant [2]
Apprentice Mage
Kaiku: Turner of the Dead
EX Virus
Killer Snake
Dark Magician of Chaos
Chaos Soldier
Tricky
Magical Warrior - Breaker
Critter
Injection Fairy Lily

Magic [16]
Pot of Greed
Angel's Gift
Theft
Brain Wash - Brain Control
Creature Swap
Scapegoat [2]
Book of Moon [2]
Tempest
Early Burial
Shield Crush
Cyclone
Lightning Vortex
Dimensional Magic [2]

Trap [7]
Imperial Decree
Magic Drain [2]
Holy Barrier - Mirror Force
Tidal Wave
Cry of the Living Dead
Destruction Ring

This deck is easy to explain. You use Cybernetic Mage's effect combined with Night Assailant's to pull off a remarkable set of Scapegoats. Each with an attack of 2000. This deck has been designed to be a semi-spellcaster in order to hasten the special summoning of Cybernetic Mage.

Just keep in mind that I will be defending my World Championship this month. So if there is any advice on how do I go about with the deck, I would gladly listen to them. Thanks.

Nace
7th June 2005, 10:02 AM
Looking solid. No envoy this time round, eh? I'd try to fit at least one metamorphosis in here. Helps out in so many situations it's not funny.

EDIT: Oops, you did have the envoy in there. Didn't see it

Last Exile
9th June 2005, 01:56 AM
I'd use one Metamorphosis instead of either Royal Decree or Brain Control. One Old Vindictive Magician might not be a bad idea either.

Nace
9th June 2005, 03:45 AM
I agree with Exile. Lose brain control, it's garbage. Didn't see it there the first time I looked :sweat2:

Last Exile
9th June 2005, 04:48 AM
Our national champ started losing more than usual solely due to Brain Control. Lose it. You're using Brain Control, Ring of D and IFL. That is a lot of loss of lp. Lose one of them or you're asking for pain.

\And use 3 Scapegoats, piss people off and make them waste until they're vulnerable.

Nace
9th June 2005, 06:22 AM
If you go with the goats as Exile said you DEFINITELY want morph. TER is a very huge field presence. Also, goats work really, really well with enemy controller if you want to go with the monster stealing. Enemy controller is far more versatile than brain control.

Dark-San
9th June 2005, 10:03 AM
Points noted. Brain Control makes me lose too much hp. I'm removing it for Enemy Controller. 3 Scapegoat is too overrun. Not effective at all besides it will only encourage people to play more of those Cyber Dragons. And just one point on Metamorphosis, does the fusion monster have any effects if it is summoned through it? Like TER, or Ryu Senshi or even Dark Baltar the Terrible?

Nace
9th June 2005, 10:17 AM
No effects besides what's written on them. Just remember it's not a fusion summon so no wasting your recursion trying to revive them ;)

Dark-San
9th June 2005, 10:23 AM
No effects besides what's written on them.

You mean TER can't absorb the opponent's creature over? Pardon me if I do sound a bit n00bish here. I was confused by a playing mate here when he pointed out the English text.

Nace
9th June 2005, 10:30 AM
Sorry, I thought you meant extra effects. They have their full effects, which is why I use morph so religiously. :D

Roarkiller
9th June 2005, 10:56 AM
Sorry to butt in, but just wanting to know what the big fuss with scapegoat is. I mean I know what it does, just don't know enough cards to know any combos (I know the combo with Cibernetic Magician tho).

And Metamorphosis, if you guys don't mind :)

Orion
9th June 2005, 11:53 AM
Metamorphosis and Scapegoat is one combo on itself. There's a 1-Star Fusion: Thousand-Eyes Restrict. Such Fusion Monster provides pretty much full field control. Its two effects (Prevents all other monsters from attacking or changing their position, plus it can suck one opponent's monster and get its statistics.) are enough to have your opponent at mercy.

The best Deck in Japan right now abuses Thousand-Eyes Restrict and Tsukuyomi (A Monster that can flip any monster on the field into face-down Defense, and returns to your hand.), and both Restrict's abilities. It sucks a monster, you flip it with Tsukuyomi. The equipped monster dies (A face-down monster can't have equips.), you flip face-up your Restrict again, and suck another monster. Rinse, lather, repeat...

Scapegoat's tokens are all 1-Star, and you can use them with Metamorphosis to bring out Thousand-Eyes Restrict. Even if the card says "Tribute", you CAN Tribute Sheep Tokens as long as it isn't for a Tribute Summon. This also provides major abuse besides Metamorphosis. Cards like Enemy Controller (Tribute a Token, control an opponent's monster for 1 turn.), and a new card named Earth Technique (Tribute an EARTH Monster, Special Summon an EARTH Monster of LV.4 or lower from your Grave.) also combo with Scapegoat.

Scapegoat is so combolicious it's sickening. :rolleyes2

Nace
9th June 2005, 12:16 PM
Sorry to butt in, but just wanting to know what the big fuss with scapegoat is. I mean I know what it does, just don't know enough cards to know any combos (I know the combo with Cibernetic Magician tho).

And Metamorphosis, if you guys don't mind :)

Scapegoat's greatness really boils down to the fact that it's a 3 for 1 combo (4 tokens for 1 card that is). It's better than pot of greed in terms of sheer advantage. The tokens themselves are freakishly versatile, being able to be tributed for everything from metamorphosis to monster gate and are also great to use with creature swap or united we stand or if you really want to get crazy maji-gire panda. I'm surprised it's escaped restriction so many times really.

Metamorphosis is fantastic because most fusion monsters with effects have really game-breaking effects (last warrior from another planet's complete shutdown of summoning for instance). Metamorphosis allows the player to utilize these effects without having to waste spots in their deck with polymerization or the fusion material monsters.

On an unrelated note:

Rinse, lather, repeat...
Good luck lathering AFTER you've rinsed :rotfl:

Roarkiller
10th June 2005, 07:56 AM
Ahh... wow, broken.

Still, it's a bit too early(or late) for me to join the game right now. Maybe some other time.

Nace
10th June 2005, 10:38 AM
Ahh... wow, broken.

Still, it's a bit too early(or late) for me to join the game right now. Maybe some other time.

I dunno I think it's a pretty good time to join the game. The structure decks and the reprint sets make it remarkably easy and cheap to build a tournament level deck.

Dark-San
10th June 2005, 10:41 AM
Every card has it's drawbacks. For Scapegoat's case, if your opponent is stalling for more time and you happen to have 4 Scapegoat tokens plus one facedown creature. You are pretty screwed. You can't attack with that facedown creature thus not even damaging his lifepoints.

Another drawback is it being prone to creatures that has this trampled effect. Cards like Igarizon Universe and AirKnight Parsath will pwned Scapegoat. Scapegoat has '0' defense which will means you will feel their full force attack.

Last Exile
13th July 2005, 07:15 PM
I still believe an Exodia/Destiny Board combo deck could demolish any other deck out there. Easily.