PDA

View Full Version : Secret Power Possibilities?

GupLoaf
11th July 2005, 11:37 AM
Alright, I've been thinking, but before I give my thoughts can someone answer my questions below?

- For all non-terrain battles (colosseum/ linked battles/ RS bot) Secret Power's power turns into Hydro Pump when used, right?

- If I'm not mistaken here & this is the case, then does the Hydro Pump used through Secret Power still give STAB to a water type?

- Does the Hydro Pump keep the same accuracy Secret Power has?

- Lastly, what is the accuracy of Hydro Pump? I'm getting conflicting answers of 85% & 100%.

You might be able to see where I'm going w/ this, but I could be all wrong w/ my questions above. I'm not too knowledgable about Secret Power.

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Orion
11th July 2005, 03:56 PM
Nope. Secret Power is always a Normal Type attack, regardless of how it looks. Thus, it only gets STAB if used by a Normal Pokémon.

And no. In the GBA carts, Secret Power looks like Slam/Strenght when in non-terrain battles. In Colosseum, it looks like a shower of spikes, kinda like how Needle Arm looks in the GBA games.

The accuracy of Hydro Pump is 80% or 75%. I'm not too sure...

Number1ChanseyFan
11th July 2005, 04:34 PM
Hydro Pump has a base power of 120 with an accuracy of 80% ^_^

GupLoaf
11th July 2005, 04:40 PM
Thanks for the info. I was playing Colosseum & I used Secret Power (or I thought it was Secret Power) on one of the already preconfigured movesets/ teams that are built in to the game & the move "turned into" Hydro Pump (the move wasn't metronome either)... so I thought it would be worth looking deeper into. I appreciate it. :biggrin:

Number1ChanseyFan
11th July 2005, 05:36 PM
The move that you used must have been Nature Power, not Secret Power. Secret Power merely has a 30% chance of causing an added effect depending on the terrain where it is used. However, the type of move that Nature Power becomes changes depending on the local terrain. The other move that changes with the terrain is Camouflage, which changes the type of the Pokémon that uses it.

Here is a list of the different terrains, and how they effect Nature Power, Secret Power, and Camouflage

Grass: Nature Power becomes Stun Spore, Secret Power has a 30% chance of Poisoning, and Camouflage turns the Pokémon into the Poison type.

Long Grass: Nature Power becomes Razor Leaf, Secret Power has a 30% chance of causing Sleep, and Camouflage turns the Pokémon into the Poison type.

Sand: Nature Power becomes Earthquake, Secret Power has a 30% chance of lowering accuracy, and Camouflage turns the Pokémon into the Ground type.

Underwater: Nature Power becomes Hydro Pump, Secret Power has a 30% chance of lowering defense, and Camouflage turns the Pokémon into the Water type.

Sea: Nature Power becomes Surf, Secret Power has a 30% chance of lowering attack, and Camouflage turns the Pokémon into the Water type.

Pond: Nature Power becomes Bubblebeam, Secret Power has a 30% chance of lowering speed, and Camouflage turns the Pokémon into the Water type.

Mountain: Nature Power becomes Rock Slide, Secret Power has a 30% chance of causing confusion, and Camouflage turns the Pokémon into the Rock type.

Cave: Nature Power becomes Shadow Ball, Secret Power has a 30% chance of causing the opponent to flinch, and Camouflage turns the Pokémon into the Rock type.

Everywhere else: Nature Power becomes Swift, Secret Power has a 30% chance of causing Paralysis, and Camouflage turns the Pokémon into the Normal type.

GupLoaf
12th July 2005, 12:33 AM
Ah... I got it now. Thanks so much! I supposed Phenac stadium would count as underwater in Colosseum then.

Chris 2.1
12th July 2005, 06:16 AM
My Vaporeon has Secret Power in Fr...isn't one effect Crunch? I'm sure its used Crunch. Possibly in Victory Road or Sevault Canyon.

And yea, it wouldn't work against a Haunter so it stays a normal type move. Also, it seems to paralyse when I use it.

Oh yea N1CF I think you have Nature and Secret power mixed up :P Secret Power is the TM one, Nature Power is learned by Nuzleaf and Lombre....wait, man I'm confused :-/

Number1ChanseyFan
12th July 2005, 12:41 PM
I don't think I have them confused!! You are right, Secret Power is the TM move, and it can also be used at different spots to open up a secret base. Secret Power doesn't become a different move or different type, it just has an added effect that changes with the terrain. However, Secret Power does look differently depending on where you use it. If you use it in regular grass, it will look kinda like Needle Arm, if you use it in a cave, it will look like Bite. (It isn't exactly like Crunch, when a Pokémon uses Crunch, I think it "bites" the Pokémon twice, and the background changes. When a Pokémon uses Bite, then it just "bites" once, and the background doesn't change.) However, Secret Power, no matter how it looks, will always remain a normal type move, so even though it may look like a different kind of move, the only thing that actually changes is the added effect.

Nature Power is the move that actually changes depending on the terrain.

Eh... I hope that cleared up some of the confusion. Probably not, I think I am confused too. lol ^_^

Chris 2.1
12th July 2005, 04:27 PM
Oh yea X_x;; you're right.

I need to sit down.

Ceipe
19th July 2005, 09:29 PM
The cofusion comes because the attacks look like their counter part. When using ecret Power, the attack will look like the attack Nature power would be turned into. And Nature Power looks like a nomral attack (I think).

http://www.serebii.net/attackdex/naturepower.shtml
http://www.serebii.net/attackdex/secretpower.shtml