PDA

View Full Version : Trouble signing into TPM

The_Missing_Link
12th July 2005, 04:15 PM
I just got my new laptop today (HP, if anyone cares) and whenever I try to sign in, it says "Service Temporarily Unavailable: The server is temporarily unable to service your request due to maintenance downtime or capacity problems. Please try again later." It also says the same thing on the newer family desktop although the older one (which I use currently) is fine

Anyone have any idea as to what to do? If I can't sign into TPM from the laptop once college season rolls around, then I can't be a mod

youdontknowme
12th July 2005, 04:22 PM
Well, it's not a problem with your computer(s). It's a server-side problem.
Instead of using the quick-login thing, click the "Login" link and login from there.

Just a question: How did you post this topic...?

The_Missing_Link
12th July 2005, 05:07 PM
Like I said, I'm using the older desktop, which works fine. It's the newer desktop and my laptop that doesn't work

Quick login, regular login, no changes. And I know it has nothing to do with IE because that's what I'm using now

AntiAsh Superstar
13th July 2005, 07:02 AM
Curiously enough I've been having similar problems if not worse, the selfsame message turns up whenever I try clicking on a link on the front page in spite of the fact that other people are clearly logged in and posting. Even weirder, it just happens every so often as opposed to being a constant thing. Random SMF glitch, maybe?

Kevin
13th July 2005, 08:01 AM
homeofmew IM'd me about a similar problem the other day. She pasted a link and it has a PHPSESSID string of characters in there that would give that error. I told her to delete that part and she got on fine.

I'll go look over at SimpleMachines and see if there's anything else about this.

Edit: There was a topic over there from someone also using Dreamhost. Apparently it might be a server side problem not the forums fault. I tried one of their "fixes" for it. So try your other computer again and let me know if you still get the error.

The_Missing_Link
13th July 2005, 03:28 PM
It's working for my laptop now. Thanks, Kevin

Starry Might
14th July 2005, 02:04 PM
I had that problem too!

It seems to be working now, though! :biggrin: I had to reenter my Password to get in, however - it said the Password system's been upgraded or something like that.

Unfortunately, my account seems to have been reset to the way it was before the vBulletin went down and was ultimately replaced by SMF - my Avatar and Custom Title are older ones, and my Postcount's shrunk a bit. :confused:

AntiAsh Superstar
14th July 2005, 05:23 PM
Everything's working just fine for me now as well, cheers Kevin! :)