PDA

View Full Version : How often?

Lady Vulpix
3rd March 2003, 05:30 AM
I have been writing a fic and, while I know it's not the kind of fic normally seen on this forum and that might draw some readers away, I've been putting a lot of dedication to it. I have posted up to chapter 5, but I've written up to chapter 12. It's been over a week since I posted the last chapter and I got no replies. I don't even know if anyone has read that chapter. So, my question is the following: how often should I post my chapters? Once a week? Twice a week? Should I wait until I get replies? Or should I just stop posting my fic?
Do you think I have silent readers or have people stopped reading it?

The Decapitated Mole
3rd March 2003, 06:59 PM
Whell, When I posted my first fic here about a years ago, a few people read it. Then they stopped. Or at least stopped replying. I posted, and waited. What I am trying to say is that you shoud post new chapters whenever you feel like it. Because, at least for me, whenever I waited, the topic died out, and I'd have to repost the damn thing again.

Try posting, like, a chapter a week, and see what happens. Mybe they just have no comment at this time, or just haven't seen it.

PancaKe
5th March 2003, 11:49 PM
Well I've been trying to get around to reading everybodys fics so Gabbi I haven't stopped reading yours. Just gotta get around to doing it. I'm going thorugh a catchup phase here so I'm still a reader! Basically a week is pretty okay. With LVH though I would post whenever a chapter was written but repost every two days because then I could hav it reposted fast.

but you still have me anyways :P

~Mist

Last Exile
6th March 2003, 01:57 AM
It's an issue of when people can get on and so forth. So posting one chapter a week, is ideal. People will read. I know several people read your fic. It's that sometimes people don't respond. I know the feeling.

Lady Vulpix
6th March 2003, 10:02 AM
Thanks a lot, all of you. One chapter a week it is, then. :)
It's great to know I can count on you.