PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy

RoBBo149
13th July 2005, 02:30 PM
Whats your views on the Final Fantasy series?

PNT510
13th July 2005, 02:46 PM
The fact that you put FFX-2 on the list but skipped FF1, 4, 5, 6 and Tactics shows you fail at life,

I voted for VII

Chris Watarimono
13th July 2005, 03:26 PM
The fact that you put FFX-2 on the list but skipped FF1, 4, 5, 6 and Tactics shows you fail at life,

Hey! Don't forget FF2 and FF3! Gotta love those FeOKs! (Fully Equiped Onion Kids)

According to the list though, FFVII for the win. Overhyped to death, but at least it has a phenominal story and characters, which most of the others lack, and therefore, their downfall.

(Still my all time favorite is FFV, but bah.)

-Chris R.

RoBBo149
13th July 2005, 04:03 PM

I voted for VII

The recent games.

I meant Mainstream games btw, even though Tactics was just AWESOME!

FF3 was great aswell....

Arnen
13th July 2005, 05:13 PM
I liked X. Course, I've only played X, X-2, and Tactics Advanced, and watched my friend play IX XP

Neo-Xantios
13th July 2005, 10:41 PM
Final Fantasy VII.

The characters have sheer personality and the plot is poignant and riveting, despite the relatively weak graphics, but I can't expect more out of the latter for first 3D Final Fantasy.

Orion
13th July 2005, 11:00 PM
Bleh... no FFIV makes this poll bad.

But from that *bad* list, I choose Final Fantasy IX. The closest to FFIV, with ALL this added-in nostalgia and details from the old games of the saga (Most of them better than the latter crud...). I like most of the characters and the Battle System. A godsend after the horrid FFVIII.

Second would be FFVII, but meh...

Samchu
14th July 2005, 04:52 AM
FF VII is the winner hands down. Best plot, best characters and best villain. Also, it has a pretty wicked soundtrack in my opinion. So definately FFVII for best FF, I also think it's the only one in which one of the characters you get to play actually dies...correct me if I'm wrong.

Granted the graphics are relatively weak but we can all hope that Square-Enix will one day be kind enough to re-release it with revamped graphics (any see the start-up of FF7 as part of the PS3 demo? *drools). It'd be awesome to see Aeris being turned into a kebab with the sort of graphics that the PS3 is going to offer.

Razola
14th July 2005, 06:28 AM
You realize Final Fantasy didn't start with VII, right? That VII is a number...implying games before it?

Musourenka
14th July 2005, 09:34 AM
FF VII is the winner hands down. Best plot, best characters and best villain. Also, it has a pretty wicked soundtrack in my opinion. So definately FFVII for best FF, I also think it's the only one in which one of the characters you get to play actually dies...correct me if I'm wrong.
FFIV and V also had main characters who die.

Anyways, having only played two of the FFs listed, I'm going to tick everyone off and vote VIII; at least it is in no way overrated (unlike VII).

PNT510
14th July 2005, 09:54 AM
Hey! Don't forget FF2 and FF3! Gotta love those FeOKs! (Fully Equiped Onion Kids)

According to the list though, FFVII for the win. Overhyped to death, but at least it has a phenominal story and characters, which most of the others lack, and therefore, their downfall.

(Still my all time favorite is FFV, but bah.)

-Chris R.
I can forget FF2 because anyone who honestly thinks that's the best FF is retarded. The game was damn near unplayable until dawn of souls came out for the GBA, and I can leave FF3 off because 99% of the people here haven't played it seeing as how it was never released outside of japan.

woz
15th July 2005, 03:06 PM
lol what a shocker final fantasy vii winning...

out of those choices i would pick viii closely followed by ix.

Zak
15th July 2005, 04:45 PM
Voted VIII.

Closely followed by X, but VIII is definately underrated.

~Zak

Dark Scizor
17th July 2005, 06:12 PM
VIII is doing better than I would have thought. It would have been nice to have had VI in there as well.

Lezta
18th July 2005, 04:32 AM
I loved VIII.

I want VI to be on there. : ( That reminds me, I need to play IV...

Misty
20th July 2005, 04:05 PM
Fortunately, my favorite (FFVII) is on there, but not including FFVI is a travesty...

Arnen
20th July 2005, 04:12 PM
So definately FFVII for best FF, I also think it's the only one in which one of the characters you get to play actually dies...correct me if I'm wrong.

The main character in X pretty much dies, and one of the other main characters was already dead. (If you don't know who this is I'm not gonna spoil it) And you get to play Seymour for one battle, and he dies like... Four times .__.

Chris Watarimono
22nd July 2005, 08:45 PM
I just restarted playing FF VI via RPGOne.net patch now, and I must say it's quite impressive. No, scratch that. That game is PHENOMINAL. It's so much fun with the various types of battling styles available as well as the multitude of impressive yet wacky characters. Defintely a top-tier FF for me.

-Chris R.

Legends-Kuja
15th August 2005, 10:37 AM
I voted IX, but Kingdom Hearts makes Final Fantasy it's *****.

Weasel Overlord
7th October 2005, 01:01 PM
Why am I not surprised at the lack of votes for X-2??? Snigger...it's just too darned girly! Damn Yuna and her slutification!!

Personally, I went for VIII, mainly cos it was the first one I ever played...for me, it's a nostalgia thing...brings back memories...the TV I played it on only worked in black and white for my Playstation so you can imagine my glee when I saw the actual opening scene in COLOUR!!

VII is in need of some better graphics (I.E: Some mouths and arms), and IX is too twee for my liking, although I do rather enjoy the ability learning system. FFI is plain fun, FFII sucks ass, and as for the others, I have not played them so I cannot pass judgement upon them...

-/Deathborn/-
8th October 2005, 08:12 AM
I'd say FFVII. Mainly for being just a great RPG. But off the list,
FFVI hands down BEST 2D RPG ever. The characters aren't all "let's go kill the bad guy!" type, they have their own agendas (Locke wants to revive his one and only love, for example). Too bad Kefka was too easy, though...

Devil
8th October 2005, 08:49 AM
Final Fantasy IX. Although, there are better RPG games. One of them is The Legend Of Dragoon for Sony Playstation.

Charizard04621
8th October 2005, 11:33 AM
I've only ever actually owned X and seen someone playing VIII. Although I like aeons/guardian forces/whatever they are called in whichever version, VIII focuses way too much on GFs - the characters become nearly second class citizens to them, and that's not a good thing. I like the plot of X - pretty sad at the end =(

Been trying to get my hands on VII for a long time, but it SELLS OUT every single time it shows up used in stores. I might just switch to searching on E-bay. I also want to try out the earlier versions, but that'll take a while, considering I haven't decided whether to buy the PS2 or PS3 yet (my brother kept our PS2). I'd like to have a Playstation console eventually, but I'm on a limited budget and maybe I won't get it at all... or wait for a long time before I do.

Considering my shamefully blasphemous illiteracy in the FF series, I don't think I'm qualified to vote.

Zak
8th October 2005, 01:49 PM
I've only ever actually owned X and seen someone playing VIII. Although I like aeons/guardian forces/whatever they are called in whichever version, VIII focuses way too much on GFs - the characters become nearly second class citizens to them, and that's not a good thing. I like the plot of X - pretty sad at the end =(

Been trying to get my hands on VII for a long time, but it SELLS OUT every single time it shows up used in stores. I might just switch to searching on E-bay. I also want to try out the earlier versions, but that'll take a while, considering I haven't decided whether to buy the PS2 or PS3 yet (my brother kept our PS2). I'd like to have a Playstation console eventually, but I'm on a limited budget and maybe I won't get it at all... or wait for a long time before I do.

Considering my shamefully blasphemous illiteracy in the FF series, I don't think I'm qualified to vote.

Heh, you're in the exact same situation as I was. X was actually my first, what got me into it, VIII was my second, and VII was indeed my third, and it did take forever to get my hands on it. I originally got one that didn't work and had to wait forever like half a year until they found a working one.

If X was your first one you MIGHT like X-2. But only if X was your first.

Moltrecuno
15th October 2005, 12:16 PM
I love FFVIII. I can see why people may not like it but they just underestimate it. I'm actually not too fond of FFVII to be honest. O_o;; The next fav on my list would be FFX. The one I extremely disliked was X-2. Dress spheres?! Gimme a break. -_-;;

Zak
15th October 2005, 01:59 PM
Meh... well, if you look past the flashiness and the little unimportant details, you'd get a decent story and a pretty cool battle system. To each his own, though, I guess...

The only problem I had with X-2 was the easyness of it. Except for Trema, every single boss was a piece of cake.
But how are Dressspheres different from Materia in FFVII? I mean, sure they aren't shared, but on the upside, people can use the same one...
Also, I haven't played FFV but I heard the battle system in X-2 is pretty much the same as in V, from everyone who's played them both.

But if anything, X-2's battle system was much better than X's.

~Zak

.hacker
15th October 2005, 07:39 PM
I voted for FF VII on the list.

However, the best FF ever is definitely FF VI. The character development (especially since each character has their motivations, and backgrounds), the musical score, and its playability just blows the rest out of the water, IMO.

Alucard
17th December 2005, 06:21 PM
I would of liked V on that list, but the world seems to of forgotton the game started before VII.

Everything started going down hill after VII. VIII was a terrible game. The only people I see people voting it are rabid fan-girls who love the whole "ZOMG SQUALL & RINOA SHIPPING!!111oneone" bullshit.

I don't even know where to start on describing how bad it was.

Horridly dull characters who make you feel like ending your life. Painfully dull and pathetic limit breaks, I might add that Rinoa's involves shooting her dog from her arm. Ooh fun! /sarcasm. Lack of depth to the characters, sleep inducing enviroments of magnifican blandness and lastly, flying gardens? A horrible game that should never of been made. The only plus side I can find with the game, is the card game. Although I find the card game in IX far superior.

I do find IX to be a far more enjoyable game due to the characters and humour, it's just slightly too easy.... So I voted VII. It has pretty much everything anybody could want from an RPG.

Andrew
18th December 2005, 01:10 AM
I hated FF X. I played through it on my housemate's PS2. Boring Cutscene one after the other. I quit after that thunder temple.

FF 7-9 and X-2. I have no idea or opinion about. THe early FFs were atrocious. FF6 was brilliant and had me addicted for months. Go Gau and Relm! FF4... sucked. He turned from an awesome dark knight into a pink haired fag. FF5 also boring and blocky. Stupid black chocobo, you were purple.

Oh, and FFTA. MOST MUNDANE FF EVER.

PNT510
18th December 2005, 02:20 PM
[b]How can you say FFIV sucked? Yeah it's a bit generic by todays standard, but at the time it was the best of it's kind.

Number1ChanseyFan
18th December 2005, 08:50 PM
Final Fantasy VI was by far my favorite in the series, and actually, it is my favorite game of all time. I am looking forward to in coming out on GBA sometime next year, it will be cool to play it again, especially if it has added areas like the other FF GBA remakes have had.

Grimreaper
18th December 2005, 10:59 PM
Well, I've played FFX, X-2 and VIII. But I reckon the best FF i've played is X-2. Sure you may disagree with me here but it's great! i mean the way the actualy game is played and how you can get diff abilities and things is just great!