PDA

View Full Version : Batman Begins

Musourenka
14th July 2005, 12:06 AM
Alright, the movie has been out for a month, yet I see no topic on it? Blasphemy!

I'll get straight to the point: This is the best thing to happen to Batman on film and TV since Batman the Animated Series. Forget Burton's Batman, burn Schumer's Batman, this is the Batman movie to see. Christopher Nolan and the cast deserve gold medals for their ability to revive the Batman series.

It runs a bit longer than most movies, running at about two-and-a-half hours, due to how much is crammed into the movie. Everything fits together into one superb origin story. The only flaws I could find were Katie Holmes (not terrible, but she's quite outshined compared to the rest of the cast; she feels out of place), jumpy cameras in some of the battle scenes, and some liberties taken with the Batman universe (it's to be expected though, and Nolan still treats everything with respect, something that couldn't be said about the previous movies), and those are all minor.

If you haven't seen it, go see it now! If you have, go see it again!

abunaidesu
14th July 2005, 03:11 AM
I just got back from seeing it. I honestly thought it would be some crappy movie that would put me to sleep after the first seven minutes, but I became engrossed and really enjoyed it. Would definitely watch again A++

Starmew15
14th July 2005, 08:45 AM
I have seen it 3 times already, and would be more than happy to see it a 4th time.

The movie was just as the comic books were always meant to be: dark, brooding, and scary. Joel Schumacher turned the Batman franchise into a joke, and now Chris Nolan has brought it back in all its glory.

Batman Begins is greatness.

Wolfsong
14th July 2005, 09:59 AM
I've seen it once. I would love to see it again, but so far have been unable to do so, In my opinion, it is the best batman movie to date.

Little_Pikachu
14th July 2005, 10:59 AM
I saw it twice, usually I don't like to see movies at the cinema more than once, but I was more than happy to see this one again. I was never a huge fan of Batman or any other super hero type movie, but it really was awsome movie and well worth watching any number of times.

Fett One
14th July 2005, 01:36 PM
I really enjoyed this movie. I liked that they gave Bruce a personality which is something they really didn't do in any of the previous movies since those movies kept focusing on the villians.

youdontknowme
14th July 2005, 03:27 PM
lol, I have yet to see somebody say something bad about this movie. :P
It was a great movie, but the only thing I didn't like was Batman's voice. Like how Bruce made it more growly-ish. It sounded like crap. :-/

homeofmew
14th July 2005, 03:33 PM
I liked it.
Very good.

GreenShirT
18th July 2005, 04:09 PM
"I swear to God!"

- "SWEAR TO ME!!!"

Nuff said really.

RedStarWarrior
21st July 2005, 04:54 AM
This movie was rather good so I look forward to Year One if they decide to make it into a movie.

Razola
27th July 2005, 09:08 PM
Fantastic motive; best of the summer.

If they ever have the joker as a villain, they need to get Mark Hamil and it will be BRILLIANT.

Musourenka
27th July 2005, 09:49 PM
Fantastic motive; best of the summer.

If they ever have the joker as a villain, they need to get Mark Hamil and it will be BRILLIANT.

I'd love that, too, but they do have to figure a way to make him look twenty years younger.

Razola
28th July 2005, 12:18 PM
They can do some impressive things with makeup...and wasn't Jack looking pretty old in the Burton Batman? I'd have to watch it again.

EDIT: And it's not like they can't have an older Joker.

MToolen
13th August 2005, 02:28 PM
The only nitpick I can find is that I remember Ra's al Ghul being more of a "raysh" than a "rahz". Can anyone else back me up (or correct me) on this?

PancaKe
14th August 2005, 05:17 AM
It was an okay movie - however during the entire course of the film I kept on tinking "hmm... i saw that in spiderman.." I thought that the whole move was basically Spiderman 1, but with a batman instead. I know all superhero's start off the same, but honestly, I couldn't watch Batman Begins without going "oh look that was in Spiderman."

Razola
16th August 2005, 09:34 PM
It was an okay movie - however during the entire course of the film I kept on tinking "hmm... i saw that in spiderman.." I thought that the whole move was basically Spiderman 1, but with a batman instead. I know all superhero's start off the same, but honestly, I couldn't watch Batman Begins without going "oh look that was in Spiderman."
Next time try watching it while you're not on drugs.

EDIT: Honestly...were you asleep the first half or what?