PDA

View Full Version : [RBY] Discussion:2000 Stadium Tour

A-Rod
3rd March 2003, 09:03 AM
In 2000 I went down to Woddbridge NJ (WTH didn't they have it in NYC?!) to battle and collect mew at the stadium tour. With my RBY team (Zapdos,Vileplume,Blastoise,Charizard,Snorlax,Dugt rio) I won 45 battles that day, and lost but 1, to a Nintendo representative. That stupid so and so used his maxed out stat Mew.

Nintendo Representative Kevin:

Mew
-Psychic
-Softboiled
-Swords Dance
-Hyper Beam

Pure freakign ownage, especially since hyper beam was so good in RBY. Naturally i sent up my Snorlax to take on his Mew. I started to body slam it in hopes of paralysis coming in, but the little so and so swords danced 3 times then OHKO'd me with hyper beam. I then tried Vileplume in hopes of paralyzing it then wearing it down slowly (Stun Spore,Solar Beam,Mega Drain,Petal Dance, hey what can i say there wasn't much options for Vileplume in RBY!). Luckily his Mew missed the next hyper beam, the same turn i paralyzed it. In the recharging turn i charged a solar beam, then fired it the next turn. It didn't even move it. One hit psychic KO. Thats when I got angry. I then chose my best pokemon, Zapdos. With one perfectly aimed thunder attack he KO'ed Mew with a critical hit.

Next up:

Mewtwo
-Psychic
-Blizzard
-Recover
-Thunder

And they keep telling us not to use legendaries. My Zapdos quickly paralyzed it, thankfully dodging the blizzard. I then switced out and brung in Dugtrio. I just kept digging and eventually killed it. At this point the people were chearing since no one there was able to take down his Mew+Mewtwo....yea it was luck but i still did it! He then started talking big and said the battle was over. I then got pretty cautious and called back Dugtrio and sent Blastoise. He released Gengar.

Gengar
-Psychic
-Hypnosis
-DreamEater
-Mega Drain

I quickly shot blizzards in hope of freezing him, i only got 2 in. Although the mega drains weren't strong, they kept sapping energy from Blastoise. He eventually put me to sleep and then took over my dreams. He finished me off with psychic.

I then chose Dugtrio and OHKO'd it with earthquake. So much for the battle is over. He released Articuno.

Articuno
-Ice Beam
-Sky Attack
-Fly
-Agility

(Continue this later GTG)