PDA

View Full Version : Shiny Pokemon!

marshtomp_king
14th July 2005, 07:52 PM
Shiny pokemon are awesome! even though they don't get any extra stat bonuses or attacks, they are cool, and very very rare (chance of pokemon being a shiny pokemon is approximately a 1/8192 chance)!

EDIT: Fixed the 8912 to 8192

The thing is, I am stumped about something. Do all pokemon have a "Shiny" type of that pokemon? Or are there only certain ones that can be shiny? If you know, please tell me!

If you do have a shiny pokemon on R/S/E, :dance: then show me a picture (if you can) or tell me what kind it is

Nabooru23 - - Shiny Whismur
Number1Chansey - - Shiny Linoone, Zigzagoon, Swablu, Grimer, Koffing, and Smeargle
Chris 2.0 - - Shiny Electrike (bright blue) Which evolved into Manectric (Black

superryan
14th July 2005, 07:58 PM
They all have shiny forms. check pokemonelite2000.com or psypoke's picdex.

Arnen
14th July 2005, 07:59 PM
I had a ton of Shiny Pokemon on my Crystal version, dunno what happened to 'em though >< On Sapphire, I have a shiny Whismur, and one on Ruby as well.

homeofmew
14th July 2005, 08:02 PM
go to http://www.serebii.net/pokedex-rs/ for all shiney pokemon and regular pokemon listings.

Poryhedron
14th July 2005, 09:13 PM
Every time you first meet a pokémon in the game, whether it's in the grass or on the sea, hatching from an egg or given to you by an in-game trainer, there's a 1/8192 (not 1/8912) chance that it will be shiny. Some people restart their games over and over and over, until the pokémon they get from Prof. Birch, or the Legendary pokémon they're about to approach, turns up shiny. It can take weeks, but it always happens eventually.

Number1ChanseyFan
14th July 2005, 09:25 PM
Yep, like everybody else said, every Pokémon has a shiny counterpart, and there is a 1/8192 chance of encountering a shiny. Unfortunately, breeding a shiny parent does not increase the odds of getting a shiny unlike it did in the G/S/C series.

As for the shinies that I have:

Sapphire: Linoone, Swablu, Grimer, Zigzagoon. (Zigzagoon was obtained from the Gamestop promo last year. My Linoone is seperate though, it was caught as a Linoone.)

Ruby: Koffing, Zigzagoon. (This Zigzagoon was also obtained from the GameStop promo.)

FireRed: None.

LeafGreen: None.

Emerald: Smeargle, and I encountered a shiny Seviper in the Battle Pike, but unfortunately for me, those Pokémon can't be caught...

Chris 2.1
15th July 2005, 10:12 AM
G/S/C: Pidgeot, Raticate, Hitmonchan, Squirtle, Ditto (x2), Gyarados, Golduck (and a few more)

Sapphire: Electrike (bright blue) which evolved to Manectric (black)

Fr: None *sob*

Orion
15th July 2005, 01:48 PM
My only shinny is a shinny Diglett that's still a Diglett. It had Sand Veil as the Ability, which makes me very, very sad. But oh well...