PDA

View Full Version : Problem + Need solution [Discussion]

Dark-San
16th July 2005, 09:48 AM
[b][size=3] Situation: The first series of the anime Inuyasha had ended somewhere last year October. Due to the closure of the anime, the fanbase had seen a declining trend and the manga sales has also drop.

In order to save the situation at hand, Sunrise studios had decided to revive Inuyasha the anime series in order to stop the fanbase from decreasing any further. However to make things worse, the creative producer had quited the team and there is a need for a new one to be install.

Problem: Imagine that you are the new creative producer of the anime team. And your first task is to start of the series with an OVA special. The director of the studio wants your OVA special to be unqiue and dynamic.

So dudes if you are the creative producer, how will you go about doing it?

Last Exile
16th July 2005, 11:16 PM
Since Rumiko Takashi pieces never let the two protagonists get togehter, it can't be those things.

End of story.

Dark Scizor
17th July 2005, 03:42 AM
Kill off all the major characters, thus ending the series for definite. Unless that already happened, I don't watch Inuyasha.

Agent Elrond
17th July 2005, 08:20 AM
Seppuku is always an option as long as there are sharp objects around. ^^

Oh, but if you actually wanted to revive the anime, I'd probably come up with something witty, brilliant, ultimately true to the original manga, something that ties in with where the series picks up, and leaves the fans wanting more.

I would, but then ATM no one's paying me, and I have my own anime inspiring manga to produce. *cough*

Although if the entire situation was up to me I'd wait until the manga ended, and then skip to that bit and animate the ending. .... but seeing as how (barring a miracle) that won't happen for a couple years....

I dunno. It's hard to judge really. I never start projects that don't have endings, which I believe are the most important parts of a story. Basically, I'd solve this problem by not getting into it in the first place.... but I can't very well propose that to the fold at Sunrise, no?

Dark-San
17th July 2005, 10:10 AM
[b][size=3]@LE - Heh?
@DS - You should try to watch this anime. It rocks in terms of creativity and even though it has like tons of episodes. It more enjoyable to watch than Naruto.
@AE - Sis, brillant is good. However there are some other people who prefer anime over manga in a certain extent. For my case, anime would be better. Manga only comes as an alternative when only the anime is real bad. *hint hint*

For my case, if I would to start off an OVA. I do so by concentrating on Koga, Koga the wolf demon. For those who had watched Inuyasha, you will remember that Koga does have a fiancee.

Koga is constantly still disturbing Kogame. Why not an OVA where by the love relationship between him and his fiancee developed? We can talk about the story whereby the wolf demon clan had hidden some sort of treasure that Naruku wishes to possess. Naruku then invades the terrority of the wolf clan and kills them all off.

Koga then together with the treasure escaped but at a price of being heavily injured. His fiancee thus saves him. Naraku knows the location of the treasure and then attacks Koga again. This is where Inuyasha comes in again to save the day.

Since it's an OVA, we don't have to concentrate on the main character right?

Agent Elrond
19th July 2005, 12:39 PM
That would be interesting! It would be good to see more of Kouga.

Meh, I am biased towards manga, but only when it's the manga inspires the anime. Since it was the manga that came first, then it usually has better writing and character devlopment. However if it were the Anime that came first, it'd be flipped.

So, it's not really about mediums, more about content. ^^

Dark-San
21st July 2005, 09:15 AM
[b][size=3] Inuyasha anime just follows the manga. I didn't notice any difference. The movies are even better. I saw all 4 movies but nothing beats the first movie, The Love That Transcends Time. More of a romance and mushy type.

The latest movie, Fire on Mystic Island is a no brainer worse of the 4.