PDA

View Full Version : Kids' WB planning to drop weekday cartoon lineup!

mr_pikachu
19th July 2005, 12:00 AM
First, two links:

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/article.php?id=6747
http://www.thewb.com/PressRelease/Index/0,8341,235465,00.html

And now, the rundown.

WB has revealed that in January 2006 they will be cancelling the regular cartoon lineup that normally aired for two hours. Replacing it will be an hour of ER and a double-airing of ABC's 8 Simple Rules (which forms the second hour). This is planned to last until September 2006, at which time Reba will be shown during the latter hour. There is no word yet on what will replace ER at that time, if anything. I have also been unable to find a reason for the cancellation of the regular weekday lineup, which has been shown in many variations for a number of years. As the first link stated, this included many hugely successful shows such as Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Cardcaptors, etc. To compensate, the Saturday lineup will apparently be expanded from four to five hours, with the extra hour being added to the end of the current broadcast time.

I'm currently investigating this further. If this is some sort of prank, then I'll be as caught off-guard by this as you will be. A friend called me to let me know about this surprise development. I thought you should know as well. If anyone else has further info on this, please post it here. Thank you.

P.S. If this would be better placed in General Discussion, I apologize for whatever effort you may have to make to move this thread. I made a judgment call based on the fact that shows other than Pokemon will also be affected.

Master of Paradox
19th July 2005, 12:08 AM
I stopped watching Kid's WB on the weekdays after Yu-Gi-Oh was rotated off, so I care not a whit.

Crystal Mew
19th July 2005, 01:46 AM
I've known about this for awhile now...doesn't really bother me, I don't watch kids wb on the weekdays.

but ER will be on? HELL YESS now we're talking 8)

Jeff
19th July 2005, 10:43 AM
I only wath it on Saturday as well, that is, when I do watch it. So, since they are adding an extra hour at the end, this is actually better.

Water Pokemon Master
19th July 2005, 11:05 AM
This isn't fake, it's been known for a while now. I don't want to come home after school to stupid ER, I want my Pokeman!

But oh well, at least they moved it to CN now to compensate. It'll just be on later now (and hopefully it will be Hoenn eps eventually, not just Master Quest).

Drusilla
19th July 2005, 11:13 AM
Meh, that's really strange... I remember watching Kids' WB in the afternoons after school years ago... my brother watches it now, but I don't unless I'm really, really bored.

As for the replacements... wtf? Why can't they air good stuff instead?... Oh, wait, it's the WB. They got rid of their last good show awhile back. I liked Birds of Prey, but I guess that the average American isn't intelligent enough to appreciate it!

Yay for CBS! Letterman, NCIS, CSI... now, that's good shit!

Heald
19th July 2005, 11:14 AM
ER is to television what cancer is to humans.

Then again, anything is better than, 'HAY GUYZ I FOUND A POGEYMAN OHNO HERE COMES TEAM ROCKET THUNDERSHOCK! HAHA YOU KILLED THEM LETS GO MASTURBATE'

Christ, read a book or something you idiots.

Toxicity
19th July 2005, 11:20 AM
Damn. This must all be part of the "Kids, go play after school, damnit!" gimmick started suprisingly by McDonald's. Even though it seems like complete bullshit for now, Heald strikes again with a point.

The Decapitated Mole
19th July 2005, 11:38 AM
Christ, read a book or something you idiots.

Are you saying you spent the entire day reading a book?

Way to piss away £10 or how ever much it cost.

But yeah... I haven't watched KidsWB since I was, like, 10, so I don't really care.

o_0
jimm

Heald
19th July 2005, 11:48 AM
^ - Way to take a quote out of context. I was saying that if you decide to read a book in one fell-swoop and not pace yourself to get maximum enjoyment and time out of it then it is a waste of money. To use a somewhat appropriate metaphor, it would be like buying a bottle of vintage whiskey then drinking it all in one-go: you don't savour the flavour and you severely reduce its longevity.

Katie
19th July 2005, 11:55 AM
yay, I like er and reba :) I might actually make a point to watch tv after school now.

Water Pokemon Master
19th July 2005, 04:16 PM
^ - Way to take a quote out of context. I was saying that if you decide to read a book in one fell-swoop and not pace yourself to get maximum enjoyment and time out of it then it is a waste of money. To use a somewhat appropriate metaphor, it would be like buying a bottle of vintage whiskey then drinking it all in one-go: you don't savour the flavour and you severely reduce its longevity.

Please don't criticize what other people do for fun. Some people like reading HP at a fast rate, others like watching Pokemon after school. Just because you don't doesn't mean you have to go around telling everyone that what they are doing for enjoyment is wrong. Maybe you should try to do something for fun, or is your constant bashing just that?

Heald
19th July 2005, 04:46 PM
Please don't criticize what other people do for fun. Some people like reading HP at a fast rate, others like watching Pokemon after school. Just because you don't doesn't mean you have to go around telling everyone that what they are doing for enjoyment is wrong. Maybe you should try to do something for fun, or is your constant bashing just that?
Frankly I can do whatever the hell I want and if I want to post my opinions then I'll damn well do it, and my opinion is there is no point crying over your favourite show being dropped since there are plenty of other things, more productive things, you could be doing than watching a boy with a girl's voice telling a yellow rat to electric shock people. It is also my opinion that reading a book in one fell-swoop is a waste of money. I'm not telling people what to do; that would infer I had some form of authority. If my opinion contrasts with yours, then it effectively becomes criticism and unless you're seriously suggesting that people should agree with each other non-stop then shut the hell up.

Water Pokemon Master
19th July 2005, 06:54 PM
First off, I am not crying over Pokemon being taken off the WB. You should reread my posts, as you seem to like to exaggerate on what other people have said. If I cried over everytime Pokemon has been put on CN and then ripped off the air suddenly, I would indeed be a cry baby. However, I actually am kind of happy it was taken off the WB now that I have thought about it, since that allowed it to be on CN, and also allowed it to be on at a later time. This might actually be a change for the better, at least for me. I come home late after school a lot and miss Pokemon, but I usually am home by 8, so it will definately suit me to watch it then.

As for your opinions, which I do not mind you stating, you aren't just giving your own opinion, you are telling others what to do and are criticizing them for what they are doing. From what you have said, such as about the HP books in saying "I want to shove my foot in their mouths" or giving your idiotic view on a Pokemon episode, you are indeed criticizing people. Go ahead and state your opinion, that's totally fine. Don't go around criticizing others for what they enjoy. That will not get you anywhere in a real life situation, so maybe you should learn how to act civilized about your opinions now instead of saying "OMG I AM GOING TO STICK MY FOOT DOWN THEIR THROAT SINCE THEY ARE READING A BOOK!!! THEY ARE WATCHING A STUPID POKEMAN EPISODE WITH AN ELECTRIC RAT, ITS A WASTE OF TIME!!!" Might be a waste of time for you, but it's not for other people, so don't tell other that.

homeofmew
19th July 2005, 09:12 PM
I haven't seen CCS on WB in ages it just stopped in 2001

Heald
20th July 2005, 10:22 AM
First off, I am not crying over Pokemon being taken off the WB. You should reread my posts, as you seem to like to exaggerate on what other people have said. If I cried over everytime Pokemon has been put on CN and then ripped off the air suddenly, I would indeed be a cry baby. However, I actually am kind of happy it was taken off the WB now that I have thought about it, since that allowed it to be on CN, and also allowed it to be on at a later time. This might actually be a change for the better, at least for me. I come home late after school a lot and miss Pokemon, but I usually am home by 8, so it will definately suit me to watch it then.I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to others in this topic. However, if you are kind of happy, explain this:
I don't want to come home after school to stupid ER, I want my Pokeman!Yeah, this should be good.
As for your opinions, which I do not mind you stating, you aren't just giving your own opinion, you are telling others what to do and are criticizing them for what they are doing.Did you even read my last post? I said that if my opinion clashes with your opinion then it becomes criticism in its most basic form. I also said that I was not telling people what to do since to tell people what to do, you need some sort of authority and unfortunately I do not have that authority. What I was doing was merely suggesting, in a 'if I were you, I would' style.
From what you have said, such as about the HP books in saying "I want to shove my foot in their mouths" or giving your idiotic view on a Pokemon episode, you are indeed criticizing people. Go ahead and state your opinion, that's totally fine. Don't go around criticizing others for what they enjoy. That will not get you anywhere in a real life situation, so maybe you should learn how to act civilized about your opinions now instead of saying "OMG I AM GOING TO STICK MY FOOT DOWN THEIR THROAT SINCE THEY ARE READING A BOOK!!! THEY ARE WATCHING A STUPID POKEMAN EPISODE WITH AN ELECTRIC RAT, ITS A WASTE OF TIME!!!" Might be a waste of time for you, but it's not for other people, so don't tell other that.Does anyone else see the irony in WPM telling me to act civilized and then using his outstanding wit to make fun of by inaccurately quoting me by using 'OMG' and capital letters?

Your entire post is a hypocrisy. You tell me to stop telling other people what to do, you criticize me for criticizing other people and you tell me to act civilized then start typing like a 4-year old's first venture on AIM.

Since you evidently had trouble reading my previous post due to this piece of crap that you went against common sense to post, here is a suggestion (only a suggestion, I'm not telling you what to do, since you obviously have issues with people who are smarter, wiser and better than you generally tearing you several proverbial new assholes) before reading this post:

1) Put your hand up your ass.
2) Grab onto the back of your head (it should be somewhere in your small intestine).
3) Tighten your grip.
4) Pull your head out of your ass.

I'll know by your next post whether or not you've followed these instructions.

Water Pokemon Master
20th July 2005, 04:32 PM
Since you evidently had trouble reading my previous post due to this piece of crap that you went against common sense to post, here is a suggestion (only a suggestion, I'm not telling you what to do, since you obviously have issues with people who are smarter, wiser and better than you generally tearing you several proverbial new assholes) before reading this post:

1) Put your hand up your ass.
2) Grab onto the back of your head (it should be somewhere in your small intestine).
3) Tighten your grip.
4) Pull your head out of your ass.

I'll know by your next post whether or not you've followed these instructions.

First off, screw you.

I wasn't referring to you, I was referring to others in this topic. However, if you are kind of happy, explain this:Yeah, this should be good.

As my last post said, I have changed my opinion on the WB changing their lineup, which was evident by me saying "Now that I think about it..." and the opinion change. Read my posts a little more in depth next time, k?

Did you even read my last post? I said that if my opinion clashes with your opinion then it becomes criticism in its most basic form. I also said that I was not telling people what to do since to tell people what to do, you need some sort of authority and unfortunately I do not have that authority. What I was doing was merely suggesting, in a 'if I were you, I would' style.

Your entire post is a hypocrisy. You tell me to stop telling other people what to do, you criticize me for criticizing other people and you tell me to act civilized then start typing like a 4-year old's first venture on AIM.

I guess I am criticizing you in my last post, I will admit to that. However, I only did so in reaction to you criticizing others for what they do for enjoyment. Either way, you do your own things for enjoyment, we do ours. Don't criticize us because we do something else for enjoyment that you do not, as I stated in my first two posts in this thread.

Does anyone else see the irony in WPM telling me to act civilized and then using his outstanding wit to make fun of by inaccurately quoting me by using 'OMG' and capital letters?

Funny that you should be talking about inaccuracy. Go read your first post.

Heald
20th July 2005, 04:53 PM
First off, screw you.Uh oh. WPM means business.
As my last post said, I have changed my opinion on the WB changing their lineup, which was evident by me saying "Now that I think about it..." and the opinion change. Read my posts a little more in depth next time, k?Yeah? Well my original post was before you had posted your change of opinion. Sorry for not being psychic, douche.
I guess I am criticizing you in my last post, I will admit to that. However, I only did so in reaction to you criticizing others for what they do for enjoyment. Either way, you do your own things for enjoyment, we do ours. Don't criticize us because we do something else for enjoyment that you do not, as I stated in my first two posts in this thread.Oh dear. It is deeply evident you never followed my instructions. Ho hum.

You don't seem to get it. In my last two posts I have said that my opinion clashes with yours, my opinion being people should stop whining over a show being canned and go do something else and their opinion being they'd rather sit around with their thumb up their ass. My opinion is different to their's, therefore, you can call it criticism. That I have no problem with. What I have a problem with is you bitching at me to stop criticizing others when all I'm doing is stating my opinion. You've had your turn, you stated your opinion, I stated mine. You don't like my opinion, fine, but don't take it and turn it into something malicious. I'm not criticizing you for doing something that you enjoy, I'm criticizing you for crying about a TV show getting canned when there are plenty of other things you could be doing.
Funny that you should be talking about inaccuracy. Go read your first post.Yeah, thanks for that. You've failed to state how my first post was inaccurate in any way.

Look out people! Here comes WPM and his ambiguous jabs when he is struggling to form some kind of defence to his case!

Craig
21st July 2005, 11:12 PM
First off, screw you.

roflcopter

Im all for cartoons being taken off the cartoon line up. They could justify it and say maybe, that its to keep kids from watching TV for 5 hours each day after school, so maybe they'll do other things for once. Like their homework? :)

The Muffin Man
24th July 2005, 09:27 PM
I've known about this for awhile now...doesn't really bother me, I don't watch kids wb on the weekdays.

but ER will be on? HELL YESS now we're talking 8)

House is better.

Roy Karrde
24th July 2005, 09:30 PM
House is better.

Holy hell, something that with out a doubt I can agree on with Mike. House is alot better than ER.

Razola
27th July 2005, 09:05 PM
Heald, you know you don't earn intertron cool-points for WPM ownage. It's just not challenging enough to award merit.

As for the topic this:

I liked Birds of Prey, but I guess that the average American isn't intelligent enough to appreciate it!
Birds of Prey is retarded, so I guess you somehow fall below average americans. I'd compare you to an animal, but the animal that would allow a proper comparison went extinct some time ago.

Yay for CBS! Letterman, NCIS, CSI... now, that's good ****
Wow...just wow. CSI? Letterman over Conan? If there is a country with bigger idiots than the US, your intelligence falls below that of THEIR average citizens.

classy_cat18
23rd August 2005, 09:56 AM
Taking Pokemon off of weekday lineup? Sad, but I couldn't keep up with the series anyway. 8 Simple Rules? Can they do that? After all, it is a ABC show. It better be the good ones with John Ritter on there.

mr_pikachu
23rd August 2005, 06:54 PM
8 Simple Rules? Can they do that? After all, it is a ABC show. It better be the good ones with John Ritter on there.

I'm guessing they bought the rights to show reruns. They've done that in the past with shows like Everybody Loves Raymond; Yes, Dear; and Will and Grace. (Those shows run late in the prime-time hours, if I recall correctly.) They'll probably at least start with the ones that had Ritter. That is, unless they decided to buy only the episodes taped after his passing to avoid viewer confusion.

Master of Paradox
31st August 2005, 09:10 AM
They'll probably at least start with the ones that had Ritter. That is, unless they decided to buy only the episodes taped after his passing to avoid viewer confusion.

How utterly sad it will be if they skip the Ritter episodes.

Gnight
13th September 2005, 01:27 AM
Kids WB is removing the weekday lineup? Gosh, I hope they don't end up like Fox. Removing Fox kids from airing on week days, later changing the name to the Fox Box then to 4kids tv, 4kids TV!!(good job fox, now I feel bad for watching it). To top it all off, they removed all the good shows and airing nothing but obsurdly butchered animé and ninja turtles.

mr_pikachu
13th September 2005, 05:51 PM
It also looks as if they're completely changing the shows they'll be presenting. I've mentioned this in other threads, but if you go to the Kids WB website, it now only features eight shows that you can navigate through. (They previously had well over a dozen shown at the top of the screen, including many that hadn't been shown in quite awhile.) They are, in order, Loonatics Unleashed, Coconut Fred's Fruit Salad Island!, Johnny Test, Xiaolin Showdown, The Batman, Pokemon, Yu-Gi-Oh!, and Viewtiful Joe. Note that the first, second, third, and last shows will be having their premiers this Saturday, while each of the others has been on for at least two seasons. Also note that many other currently-running shows, such as Jackie Chan Adventures and Megaman: NT Warrior no longer are included on the site beyond their apearances in old games, galleries and movie clips. This would seem to suggest that Kids WB is planning to show only the eight previously listed shows in the future (that is, once this season of Megaman: NT Warrior is concluded).

To be perfectly frank, none of the four new shows look worth watching to me. And that's bad, since I've given just about every show on Kids WB a chance in the past. So if you're worried about Kids WB becoming like Fox, with nothing but "obsurdly botched animé"... then I hope I'm wrong about my fears, too. :P

EDIT: Oh, and the aforementioned Kids WB website can be found at www.kidswb.com (http://www.kidswb.com). Be forewarned: You probably won't like what you see.