PDA

View Full Version : [YGO] 2005 Tins and Elemental Energy news!

Nace
19th July 2005, 12:08 AM
Four of the new tins (http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v53/amerzing/newtins.jpg) have been announced. TCG is finally getting Exarion Universe! Gilford the Lightning could be fun too, especially with King's, Queen's and Jack's Knight all being reprinted in ELE.

Also, we have some news on Elemental Energy (http://www.dmcomet.net/news/52.htm), the set after Cybernetic Revolution. So far it's not looking as good as CRV, but I'm sure the rest of the spoiler will make things look up.

Dark-San
21st July 2005, 09:52 AM
[b][size=3] Nothing to look forward to except maybe for Level Limit Area A. A good tool to use against Scapegoats.

Nace
21st July 2005, 10:23 AM
[b][size=3] Nothing to look forward to except maybe for Level Limit Area A. A good tool to use against Scapegoats.

Meh, we already have final attack orders. I don't see how not affecting level 4+ monster can be much more useful.

Dark-San
21st July 2005, 09:32 PM
[b][size=3] It's a trap which means you can activate it just before your opponent ends his main phase 2. That means you can avoid his anti magic cards like magic drain or Type 8 that he just set earlier.

Next turn you pay 5000 hp from Cyber Stein's effect to summon Double headed Cyber Dragon to attack the faceup goats twice.

We can't say much for this expansion until we actually played with those cards. You dudes remember Cybernetic Mage? Yea all those discussion on how it could change the metagame totally goes to waste. Cyber Dragons are more useful than it.

Nace
22nd July 2005, 12:55 AM
[b][size=3] It's a trap which means you can activate it just before your opponent ends his main phase 2. That means you can avoid his anti magic cards like magic drain or Type 8 that he just set earlier.

Final Attack Orders is a trap too. The only difference between them is that it affects all monsters on the field, so you can use it to keep Goblin Attack Force and such in attack mode. I don't know why Konami felt they had to release Level Limit Area - A, I really don't.

Yeah, I imagine Cyber Dragons would be more useful anyway. They've turned machine decks from OTK decks to stable OTK decks from what I hear.

silent_paladin
24th July 2005, 07:37 AM
Hi People! Im new Here! (althought Nace will know me, and Last Exile may know me)

Im not realy intrested in any of the tins except for Dark Magician Girl (for different art) so I can add it to my Dark Magician Collection (I most likey wont use it in my Dark Magician Deck)

I cant wait for Elemental Energy! I've been waiting for the rest of the Elemental Heros to come out for ages! (as Nace might know) and Wildman, Edgeman and Shining Flare Wingman will definitly help my Elemental Hero Deck! :)

From what I gather, You can also activate Final Attack Orders in you opponents main phase 2. Also both Level Limit - A and Final Attack Orders are Traps, therefore unaffected by Anti Magic Cards like Magic Drain and/or Spell Shield Type 8. (since they only affect MAGIC cards not TRAP cards)...

Weasel Overlord
30th July 2005, 04:26 PM
Why a Dark Magician Girl tin? She doesn't seem like she should be a promo to me...

All the other tins that have been released have contained monsters from the series that can't be obtained in packs, and as Dark Magician Girl is in Magician's Force, despite being secret rare, she's easier to get hold of. I got her in my first ever pack of Yu Gi Oh cards...it doesn't make sense...or at least, it doesn't make sense to me...

Nace
31st July 2005, 12:37 AM
Why a Dark Magician Girl tin? She doesn't seem like she should be a promo to me...

She's there because collectors love alternate artwork ^-^

SWAMPERT1
2nd August 2005, 12:17 AM
Hmm... interesting. I have stopped playing since I have had NO time to play but maybe now that Gilford is coming, I may get back into the game. I just wish all these cars came out when I had time to play :mad:

Perfect Chaos
2nd August 2005, 09:15 AM
What's Exarion Universe's effect?

$3@n

Nace
2nd August 2005, 10:24 AM
What's Exarion Universe's effect?

$3@n

It's an 1800/1900 dark beast-warrior that can reduce its attack by 400 in the battle step(?) to give itself trample.

Dark-San
4th August 2005, 09:20 PM
[b][size=3]Damage step to be exact if I'm not wrong. It a main dark type and a weapon against those irritating goats.

Dark Sage
6th August 2005, 06:08 PM
Is that a Panther Warrior tin? Man, people in the U.S. have been wanting one of those ever since it first showed up in the anime.

jesschow12
6th August 2005, 09:39 PM
http://janime.netzgames.net/showthread.php?t=5614

Nace
6th August 2005, 09:43 PM
http://www.dmcomet.net/een.txt DMComet's spoiler is done too ^-^

I actually don't like this set much. Too GX based...