PDA

View Full Version : Bolt-Beamers

GupLoaf
20th July 2005, 02:57 PM
I'm curious who makes the best sub-bolt-beamer between Jolteon or Electabuzz?

Electabuzz has the advantage of having HP-Grass w/ Ice Punch to cover all weaknesses & he gets Cross Chop, but Jolteon has higher speed, sp. attack, & sp. def. Is it really just a matter of personal preference or is there really a noticeable difference in serious play?

Also, I'm curious to hear of anyone whose had luck w/ a Magneton bolt-beamer.

Thanks

Syberia
20th July 2005, 08:55 PM
Starmie makes the best Bolt-Beamer with Recover and very good speed, if that's what you're looking for. Electabuzz straight up shouldn't be used, Jolt should only be used as a Baton Passer, and if you still want an Electric-type, go for either Raikou or Zapdos, preferably Raikou.

Magneton just beats up Skarm and then dies to Duggy straight off or tries to hit as many things as it can with Toxic or Thunder Wave or both before it goes down.

Ceipe
20th July 2005, 09:32 PM
I don't quite get what beamer means, ok I get sub is substitute, bolt is t-bolt. I must disagee with the Jolteon statement, if u have a jolteon with Petaya once he has low HP you wont beleive how strong he becomes! U see my Jolt took down 4 pokemon in that state, and 1 of them being Stell, well u get the picture, he was just invisible.

Number1ChanseyFan
20th July 2005, 09:35 PM
I don't quite get what beamer means, ok I get sub is substitute, bolt is t-bolt. I must disagee with the Jolteon statement, if u have a jolteon with Petaya once he has low HP you wont beleive how strong he becomes! U see my Jolt took down 4 pokemon in that state, and 1 of them being Stell, well u get the picture, he was just invisible.

[color=magenta]Beamer is referring to the move Ice Beam. ^_~

Ceipe
20th July 2005, 09:58 PM
thought it might stand for one of the beams, but since I could only see jolteon learning Hyperbeam, I got confused.

Number1ChanseyFan
20th July 2005, 10:03 PM
thought it might stand for one of the beams, but since I could only see jolteon learning Hyperbeam, I got confused.

[color=magenta]I think that he is referring to Hidden Power Ice. He isn't directly referring to the actual move Ice Beam, just an ice-type move that Jolteon can learn.

Ceipe
20th July 2005, 10:39 PM
Woops, my bad, well I guess I should stop getting this off topic. I'd say for a bolt-beamer go for Electabuzz, I have a strat with Jolteon that is working just fine.

Puaru
29th July 2005, 10:36 AM
Of those two I'd choose Jolteon.
All together I'd probably go with Starmie.
Also I've seen a Magneton successfully used as a bolt-beamer.

chavajo
29th July 2005, 03:33 PM
I would have to agree with Puaru. In fact, I have a starmie myself and he, well it, has been a great bolt beamer. Great against flying, dragon, water, fire, grass, ground, poison, and fighting since it learns psychic moves.