PDA

View Full Version : Windows Codename Longhorn gets an official name

kainashi
22nd July 2005, 11:08 AM
it's going to be called windows vista. seems like an alright name, since vista is view/vision in portugese or whatever. better than 6.0, 2006, etc. too.

beta 1 will be available by august 3rd of this year. targetted at developers and it professionals, of course.

press release with video can be found here (http://www.microsoft.com/presspass/press/2005/jul05/07-22LHMA.mspx). requires windows media player/wmp codecs to view.

youdontknowme
22nd July 2005, 03:22 PM
But, of course, it's still gonna be crap... Just more eye-candy. (Not so great eye-candy, imo.) :P

fat man with a monkey
23rd July 2005, 06:57 AM
"But, of course, it's still gonna be crap"
Prove it. Sure, microsoft will probably follow in their previous footsteps, but we have no way of being sure until Vista is actually released and we actually get to use it.

Sceptile_Master
23rd July 2005, 09:38 AM
I still respect windows as a decent operating system. it would be great if everyone didn't target it for viruses. And you can never seem to get much that is compatible with other Operating Systems anyhoo. Should be good, hopefully.

Misty
23rd July 2005, 10:20 AM
I'm currently very happy with Windows XP.

kainashi
23rd July 2005, 10:22 AM
I'm currently very happy with Windows XP.
me too. the computer i have now won't be able to run vista great anyways but i'll give the beta a try.