PDA

View Full Version : Open Challenge

Gladiator
3rd March 2003, 04:41 PM
I'm not real good at this so I'd like a newbie opponent please.

Pokemon: 2v2, one at a time
DQ: 1 week
I send out first
You attack first

Arena: The Battlefield
Desc: Many battles took place here. The battlefield, that is ½ an arena larger than normal, consists of dense forests on the outskirts with a river in between two sets of land. On both sides there are mines scattered across the field that will blow up when stepped on causing 2-5% damage. All of the scenery can be used by Pokemon who are able to use them. When calling out Pokemon both participants have to start on their respective side of the river. Dig can be used, but it is kind of hard

Let’s see, I’ll begin with a versatile character:

Scoutress! Scan your foe! (Sentret, F)

Tyler and Hobbes
3rd March 2003, 06:59 PM
O.K!Speedy(Slugma M)Flamethrower,Smog,Flamethrower!

Gladiator
3rd March 2003, 07:18 PM
Ah, cool thanks man. Now I just need a ref. While I'm posting though, how far can a Flamethrower go?

Oh, well

Scoutress let's start by simply Detecting that first Flamethrower and dodge, It should take some time for the Flame to reach us. Before he can activate Smog, see if you can ram him with a Surf. Then use Double Team to keep him guessing.

dragon684
4th March 2003, 01:05 PM
I can ref if you like. I will post a reffing if you both agree with me.

Gladiator
4th March 2003, 03:37 PM
Yeah, I'll let you ref. You've got my approval.

Tyler and Hobbes
5th March 2003, 06:06 AM
sure:yes: :yes: :yes:

dragon684
5th March 2003, 09:16 AM
First of all I want to try something new so if you don’t like it the outcome will always be the same

PREBATTLE
Welcome to this beautiful day. We have a beautiful battle in prospect and I’m sure we’ll have a beautiful ar… Eeeew! Is that blood? That’s disgusting.

Haunted: I love it. These trainers really have the knowledge of arenas
Me: May I introduce haunted my male haunter
Haunted*with Elvis impression *: Thank you, thank you. Thank you very much. Did you guys know I’m Elvis? I’m actually his ghost. Do you want to hear a song?
Me: No actually not. I know your voice. I heard you under the shower. Ooooh yeah. Didn’t you sign up for pokemon idol? How did that go? * sees the trainers in the dark * Anyhow let’s continue this battle.
* whispers to haunted * Tell me after the battle, k?
May I introduce on the left side, the champion for, well this match ^^; ,GLADIOTOR!

And his challenger, FIREGUARDIAN! *some death body’s rise and start to applause. *
Okay that was freaky. Are you guys sure you want to battle here? It’s spooky.

*both trainers nod as they send out their pokemon*

All right then. It seems that Gladiator chooses his female sentret and Fireguardian chooses his male slugma

Gladiator
Scoutress (Sentret, F) :100%
Fatigue : What fatigue?
Commands: Scoutress let's start by simply Detecting that first Flamethrower and dodge, It should take some time for the Flame to reach us. Before he can activate Smog, see if you can ram him with a Surf. Then use Double Team to keep him guessing.

fireguardian
Speedy (Slugma, M) : 100%
Fatigue What fatigue?
Commands: Flamethrower, Smog, Flamethrower!

ROUND 1
I might as well tell you that my haunted will be assisting me since he likes the arena

Haunted: Like it? I think I was born here.
Me: I thought you where Elvis :rolleyes:
Haunted: You don’t know what I did after my career huh.

Me: ^^; Yes I did *looks around *
Anyways the pokemon get into their fighting poses as they here their commands. They both nod and grin evily to their opponents. And what a surprise it’s Speedy who starts with the first attack. He gathers some heat in it’s mouth. He puffs a little cloud of smoke into the heat and it lights on fire. The fire is crawling around it’s mouth. Seeing that his opponent doesn’t seem to do anything he gathers more fire in it’s mouth. His mouth starts to grow a little.

Haunted: Hide me he’s gonna explode and I’m gonna die.
Me: Uum Haunted your already dead :D
Haunted: Oow yeah ^^;

Speedy now satisfied with the amount of energy releases the fire. Scoutress just stands their. When the fire is really close she just jumps aside. She sticks out her tongue at her opponent. Slugma gets irritated and they start to pull a faces. Sentret falls in to and starts to pull faces to

Haunted: yeah faces contest my turn. * turns around *
*turns back and looks at me with the face of Bin Laden * Now that’s an ugly face.

Speedy is going on the attack again and releases a cloud of smog. But Sentret is to far off and the smog flies up in the sky, harmless.

Haunted: Not for the birdies
Me: :confused:
Haunted: Look it’s raining birds.
Me: How come?
Haunted: Well birds that where flying over the arena inhaled the smoke and made them go to God. Further more…
Me: We get it.

Now Scoutress is commanded a surf attack. She runs to the river to be close enough to get enough energy. She focuses and jumps in the water. She comes out but a lot of water followes her. Slugma sees the water coming at him and probably is thinking only one thing: CRAP! The water hits and bodies from the battles earlier fought here get flushed away to. The podium I was standing on gets flushed to. When the water is gone we see a wet slugma. Definitly not good for a fire pokemon.

Haunted: But that’s not al we see.
Me: :confused: so what do we see further?
Haunted: A soaked ref with a dead body on his back
* I turn around* Me: AAAAAAAAAAAh! * faints *
Haunted: Alright the ref fainted so I’ll continue reffing. He sucked at it anyway.

Haunter: As the pokemon hear their last commands Speedy again gathers fire in it’s mouth. He looks at his opponent and sees her focussing. Suddenly she splits up into four Sentrets. Speedy shocked almost looses the fire in his mouth but can still keep it in. Now who will he hit. Will it be Sentret number1? Sentret number2? Sentret number3? Or Sentret number4? Slugma goes for the last and fires a beam of fire at her. The beam hits but keep on going. The clone had vaporised on contact.

end of round1 stats:
Scoutress (Sentret, F):100%
Fatigue: Catching her breath

Speedy (Slugma, M): 84%
Fatigue: Showing some signs of fatigue

Ref (dragon684, M): 0%
Fatigue: uum is he breathing ?

Edit: if you have any comments. Like to much Haunted or so plz tell me. I'm e new ref and could use some help.

Gladiator
5th March 2003, 07:11 PM
Sweet, Advantage Gladiator

Alright Scoutress, we got lucky. First Detect for any mines on your opponent's side of the field. Avoid the mines, run past him so that he is between the river and you and wham him with a Thunder Punch into the river. If getting him between the river and you doesn't take up an action, then go in with another Thunder Punch. Water conducts electricity.

Detect, Sandwich/Sandwich & Thunderpunch (in case the first doesn't take an action to perform, Thunderpunch/Thunderpunch

Tyler and Hobbes
7th March 2003, 05:56 AM
Welp Toxic,Rock slide,firespin

Gladiator
9th March 2003, 01:31 PM
Hey, I heard that dragon684 won't be here for awhile, can someone substitute for him until he gets back?

dragon684
5th April 2003, 01:39 PM
Well I'm back but I'm going on a vacantion on wednesday but I'll probably ref tomorrow

haunted: Why not now?
me:It's freaking 21:36 over here and if I stayed on till my dad gets back I'm gonna get punished.
haunted: I thought you where knocked out?
me: ow yeah ^^;

dragon684
8th April 2003, 04:24 AM
end of round1 stats:
Scoutress (Sentret, F):100%
Fatigue: Catching her breath
Commands: Alright Scoutress, we got lucky. First Detect for any mines on your opponent's side of the field. Avoid the mines, run past him so that he is between the river and you and wham him with a Thunder Punch into the river. If getting him between the river and you doesn't take up an action, then go in with another Thunder Punch. Water conducts electricity.
Detect~sandwish~thunderpunch

Speedy (Slugma, M): 84%
Fatigue: Showing some signs of fatigue
Commands: Toxic~Rockslide~fire spin

Fatigue: uum is he breathing ?

ROUND 2
haunted: Welcome again at this fine match between uuum….
Me:Galdiator and fireguardian
Haunted: Hey you were supposed to be knocked out.
Me: The doctor came.
Haunted: So you’ll be reffing again huh?
Me: Yes but you can have this cookie
Haunted: Yeay a cookie* starts eating it like a pig *
Me: ^^;

The round starts with scoutress examining the field on slugma’s side. She takes a good look and jumps over the river. Meanwhile speedy notices that scoutress doesn’t seem to have any intrest in him. He smiles evily as he starts to form a purple liquid in his mouth. When scoutress is looking to the right for the final detection speedy launches the toxic attack. It lands right on top of scoutress. She runs around in pain probably saying something as: “IT BURNS! IT BURNS!”

Haunted: How do you know what she is saying?
ME: Don’t know just guessing?
Haunted: have you ever been hit by toxic?
Me: No
Haunted: a first time for all * lauches toxic at me *
Me:* running around crazy * IT BURNS! IT BURNS!

Scoutress has endured some poison but now knows the position of the mines on the other side of the field. She starts running to speedy. Speedy surprised quickly picks up some rocks and starts hurling them towards scoutress. She gets hit several times but doesn’t stop running. Speedy running out of rocks to throw sees a whole pile on the other side. He races towards them but “CLICK!…………….BOOM!” Speedy gets launched in the air from a bloody mine. Scoutress can now run to the other side. Speedy lands hard on the floor. Scoutress stops and has slugma sandwished between her and the river.
Me: Doctor can I get an asprin.
Doctor: sorry for that toxic you’ll have to go to see nurse Joy.
Me: Joy can I have an asprin
Haunted: Doctor he’s is seeing things.
Doctor: How come?
Haunted: He just called me nurse Joy.
Me: Haunted? You can ref once more * releases sparks (F electabuzz) *. Sparks teleport me to the nearest pokemon center
Sparks: right chief.* teleports *
Haunted: MY PLAN WORKED I REF!
Doctor: * takes his cote of and revielse himself as Cruncher my M larvitar *

Haunted: This turn starts with scoutress gathering electricity around her hand. She races towards speedy. He grins evily and is thinking :” Feel the power of…! fire spin? What’s fire spin?”. Meanwhile scoutress is coming closer and speedy just sits there thinking what this fire spin could be. Scoutress now launches the electrical hand in slugma’s body. She quickly withdraws it. Hitting Lava is not very pleasant. By the quick withdraw of the hand scoutress didn’t have enough power in the blow to get speedy in the river. He lands a couple of feet away from it. Scoutress suddenly drops on her knees. She screams and the poison takes it’s effect.

Scoutress (Sentret, F):88%
Fatigue: Breathing heavely

Speedy (Slugma, M): 72%
Fatigue: Cathcig his breath

Fatigue: resting

Tyler and Hobbes
15th April 2003, 06:55 PM
Uh... sorry for notposting. Okay Speedy Ember,Return,Ember!!!

Gladiator
26th May 2003, 06:23 PM
Wow, this is embarrassing. I'm way late in posting on my own challenge. I didn't even notice anyone had posted. I guess there's only one thing to do. If you're in this forum fireguardian, than you have just won this battle. I DQ'd myself.

Tyler and Hobbes
26th May 2003, 08:29 PM
My first win, we did it Speedy! Huh...what's happening? Speedy has just evolved!